New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Coplantor's Completly Creative Cautious and Contemplative Random Banter #109

I'm just not thrilled with the idea of making a 3.5 hour drive in the snow. Everyone's brains just seem to leak out their ears as soon as it starts snowing:

"Hey, a snow-covered and presumably slick road! SUDDEN STOP!"

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Coplantor's Completly Creative Cautious and Contemplative Random Banter #109

Maybe you should have hosted Christmas this year, like I am. Sure its a big expense in time, money, and effort, but at least I don't have to drive anywhere this year.

@V: Yeah, rub it in!
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2008-12-24 at 09:08 AM.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, while some of you have to drive through snow covered roads I can either take a 10 minutes bus or walk under the beautiful sunlight for 20 minutes because with the summer time the sun is completly set at 9:30 pm
    I WAS THERE
    Life is like a dungeon master, if it smiles at you, you just know that something terrible is about to happen

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Sane.... isn't the word I'd use with you, Coplantor. Or myself, in fact. With myself, I'd say obssessive. With you, I'd say.... Coplantor.

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

4. - Top - End - #154

@^ rub it in...

We hosted Thanksgiving.

I am not in a hurry to do that again...
    Last edited by Cristo Meyers; 2008-12-24 at 09:06 AM.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    We hosted Thanksgiving.

I am not in a hurry to do that again...
    Lemme guess, siblings with several annoying kids running around screaming. Breaking the normal tranquility of your home. Your parents/in-laws asking when are you going to have children, nagging every single little detail of your home they find off?

Is that kinda close? That's what I'm expecting.

6. - Top - End - #156

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    Lemme guess, siblings with several annoying kids running around screaming. Breaking the normal tranquility of your home. Your parents/in-laws asking when are you going to have children, nagging every single little detail of your home they find off?

Is that kinda close? That's what I'm expecting.
    Nah...that'll be tomorrow...

Thanksgiving was sacrificing my entire vacation to entertaining my in-laws...

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

My thanksgiving was 22 family members at my aunt's house.

For Christmas, we've only got 16 people.

Also: GAH! It's 6:15 AM and I've been awake since 4! I went to bed at 10! Why? Why? WHYWHYWHY? Normal days I feel like sleeping till 8 or 9, but as soon as I get a holiday...BAM. I'm awake.

Christmas eve.

8. - Top - End - #158

Yeah...getting up early for Christmas never goes away...

I still can't sleep on Christmas Eve...

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post

Also: GAH! It's 6:15 AM and I've been awake since 4! I went to bed at 10! Why? Why? WHYWHYWHY? Normal days I feel like sleeping till 8 or 9, but as soon as I get a holiday...BAM. I'm awake.

Christmas eve.
    It's still the kid in you, maybe still excited about Christmas? I remember those days.

One of my fondest christmas memories was when I was about 11, and I slept in the living room couch, because my bed was taken by my grandmother. We had left the radio on and I woke up to the song "I want a Hippopotamous for Christmas." I just lay there and listened to the song, and watched the lights on the tree and the presents sitting so enticingly under it.

Damn you, reality, for making me so damn bitter and cynical.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, Christmas Eve... when was the last time I had more than two hours sleep on this night? Probably when I was too young to understand what Christmas was.

Spoiler
    Show
    <NamelessOne> Calamity, you terrify me, and that's saying something.

11. - Top - End - #161

Then you get old enough to appreciate holiday parties and the cycle continues...just with liquor...

All I want for Christmas is a hang-o-ver...

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm just not thrilled with the idea of making a 3.5 hour drive in the snow. Everyone's brains just seem to leak out their ears as soon as it starts snowing:

"Hey, a snow-covered and presumably slick road! SUDDEN STOP!"
    My favorite is "Hark! Snow has fallen upon the grass and trees. This paved pathway appears to have been recently plowed. I feel that I must still drive 30 miles an hour in a 65 MPH zone! Join me!"

Speaking of, it's snowing again, so my drive in to the hospital will surely be something to make my head explode...
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

13. - Top - End - #163

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldRose View Post
    My favorite is "Hark! Snow has fallen upon the grass and trees. This paved pathway appears to have been recently plowed. I feel that I must still drive 30 miles an hour in a 65 MPH zone! Join me!"

Speaking of, it's snowing again, so my drive in to the hospital will surely be something to make my head explode...
    Down here it's closer to 15 in a 55...

We just can't catch a break this year, can we?

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

I was doing about 80 on my way to work this morning.

It helps when you're listening to The Clash. Makes your blood pump.

15. - Top - End - #165

My car has an idiotic automatic retractable antenna for the radio. Which means that any time it's cold or snowing or could possibly freeze just for the heck of it I can't listen to the radio because the antenna won't extend...

Automation for the sake of automation, gotta love it

But, now I have my mp3 player going in one ear, kinda makes up for it.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    In 2101, war was beginning.
    Well, I'm glad SOMEONE noticed the reference.

Happy almost Christmas for those of you who celebrate that. Happy still Channukah for those of you who celebrate it.

I love the playground, everyone is both evil and polite, it reminds me of home!

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

My car has an idiotic automatic retractable antenna for the radio. Which means that any time it's cold or snowing or could possibly freeze just for the heck of it I can't listen to the radio because the antenna won't extend...

Automation for the sake of automation, gotta love it

But, now I have my mp3 player going in one ear, kinda makes up for it.
    I hate those autmatic antennas. I think they are the dumbest dumb that ever did dumb.

I don't have one, because I drive a granny-car.

18. - Top - End - #168

Christmas, Christmas, Christmas, Christmas, Christmas!! It's nearly Christmas!

And I've been wrapping everyone's (bar my own) pressents and I've been watching pantos on TV since one o'clock and oh, my giddy aunt, we have glazed gammon and mountains of sweets for our party tonight!
    And a black forest gateau!
    And tonight I'm watching Muppet Christmas Carol, and then Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and then something else.
    Don't know what yet, but my typical insomnia is going to be even worse than usual tonight. And I'm getting up early.
    I'm too excited for my own good. Especially as we've just opened up our first tin of sweets and we have oh, six or seven two litre bottles of pop somewhere downstairs.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2008-12-24 at 10:16 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    And tonight I'm watching Muppet Christmas Carol, and then Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and then something else.
    Did you like the link I included in Part 5 of A Shipper's Carol?

Melts for Michael Caine

20. - Top - End - #170

If this is hyper-Koorli...I'm not sure I want to see caffinated hyper-Koorli...

21. - Top - End - #171
    Bugbear in the Playground

I have 5 brothers, 8 uncles and aunts (all but one are married) and 30+ cousins so in tonights family dinner there will be around 40 people. Normal family reunions (birthdays and such) have an attendance of 30ish people.
    And that's just my father's side of the family.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

yeah, 22 is my dad's side. Three aunts, three uncles, two grandparents, two parents, three siblings, me, and eight cousins. Not even CLOSE to everyone.

Just wait till all the cousins have their OWN kids.

Also...it's on'y Christmas eve morning here, though! I mean, I understand waking up early on Christmas day, but we've still got 24 hours!

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

yeah, 22 is my dad's side. Three aunts, three uncles, two grandparents, two parents, three siblings, me, and eight cousins. Not even CLOSE to everyone.

Also...it's on'y Christmas eve morning here, though! I mean, I understand waking up early on Christmas day, but we've still got 24 hours!
    See, my family is super small by comparison. Only one living Grandparent, no aunts or uncles in close proximity, two sisters, parents (divorced.)

Only my sisters, parents will show up to Christmas, along with some family friends and at least one cousin, bringing the count to around a dozen, maybe.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Banned

Anyone want to tell me something I can order my brother, who has similar tastes as me, for Christmas so that tomorrow he won't be quite so mardy as he normally is?

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    Anyone want to tell me something I can order my brother, who has similar tastes as me, for Christmas so that tomorrow he won't be quite so mardy as he normally is?
    A Cthulhu Plushie.

26. - Top - End - #176

Counting aunts, uncles, and cousins the largest gathering numbered around 50 people, I think. That was years ago.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Counting aunts, uncles, and cousins the largest gathering numbered around 50 people, I think. That was years ago.
    You people and your "families"

28. - Top - End - #178

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    Trend is going that way, isn't it?

Playground's going to the dogs, I tell you.
    Nah, it's going to the P0s.

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    I love the playground, everyone is both evil and polite, it reminds me of home!
    Um…
    What?
    (Ok, ok, I'm leaving! Like right now!)
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

One of my cousins already has a kid.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

30. - Top - End - #180

Haha, check out this Engrish straight from The Playground:
    Quote Originally Posted by magis View Post
    Do you think IPOD is the best MP4 player in the world? Beautiful looking, multi-function, best quality, best service and support and so on. Really, is there any disadvantage of IPod?

In my opinion, there are still disadvantages of IPod. When I want to upload music on IPod, it needs me to download an Itunes. It brings me troubles. Do you think so? And its screen is so small except IPOD TOUCH. When I watch movie, it makes me so terrible.

So I want to know the pros and cons of your MP4 player. Everyone can get guidance when you post your opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Ooooh, Zak is back!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Death Knight by Threeshades, Werewolf Knight by boomwolf