New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Heroes of Woodside IC

You all find yourselves in a dark ally in the North District, close to the Below District's gates. The moon is almost at it's peak and is the biggest of the month. A couple of buildings ahead of you, you see a few dark figures heading out into the light of a street lam. The luminance reveals them as hoods with large knives. The shine of the blades disappears as the shady characters skulk to the other side of the street, moving behind a well-lit house.

What do you do?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Re: Heroes of Woodside IC

Eris

Seeing the mysterious armed figures raised many questions for Eris. While she doubted they were here for her, she would not have been surprised if they were in the employ of someone who knew far more about her past than she would like.

Deciding to investigate, she paused for a few moments, before crossing the street and slipping into the nearest shadow, willing herself to become unseen, and hoping that her actions raised no suspicion.

This done, she then crept quietly behind the building the hooded figures had moved behind, seeking a hiding place from which to observe the figures more closely.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Crosses street, Swift action to use Ghost Step, then moves into a position where she can get a better look at the figures, and preferably a place of cover so she can remain concealed without relying on her powers. I don't want to use all of her power up.

Bluff check to make crossing the road and moving into the doorway appear innocuous:

(d20+2)[13]. I don't think it will work.

Move Silently check while ghosted:

(d20+12)[23]

Hide check while ghosted (she keeps to cover as far as she can):

(d20+12)[25]

Hide check if she finds a hiding place from which she can observe the figures:

(d20+12)[28]

Spot check to observe the figures more closely:

(d20+9)[15]

Listen check to observe the figures more closely:
    (d20+9)[19]

3. - Top - End - #3

The figures continue in down the ally, climbing up to a window. One very large figure stays infront, blocking off the path with they're arms crossed.

Eris

Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff: Success, the figures don't notice you, but one of them nudges the other to stay behind.

Move Silently: Success, nobody hears your footprints.

Hide: Success, nobody sees you, not even the one standing guard.

Hide: Success, nobody spots you while you observe the figures

Spot: You see that the figures are all humanoid, but this is relative on what that is exactly. They seem to be of the more common races, although on seems to have some non-common traits. It's hard to see the figure who is stand guard's face, but you can tell she has elven blood and is very muscular. None of them bare any specific traits that would link them to anything, everything well hidden by dark clothing.

Listen: None of the group's men or women speak, though they occasionally whisper about "the plan" and "to grab the...", but that's it"

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Eris

Ducking carefully into cover, Eris stopped using her power of invisibility - the effort could prove too much for her quite easily. From her position, she tried to gague the numbers of the strange figures, and considered whether or not to try and sneak past their guard. She had no real way to deal with the guard without either resorting to unneccesary violence or drawing attention to herself. Eris was already distinctive enough without going so far as to be noticed.

Despite being carefully hidden, she was beginning to become nervous - she had never been able to afford the luxury of complacency.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Basically, Eris will just stay alert, and see if I can try and find out any more. I don't want to act until everyone else does...

(sorry for being a bit impaient here...)

Do I know how many of the dark figures there were, and how many rounds did I spend under Ghost Step?

I think Eris will remain in cover and observe everythinh waiting for someone else to act. If possible, I will use another Spot check to see if I missed anything before that I might be able to catch now (full-round action).

Spot:
    (d20+9)[22]
    Last edited by lesser_minion; 2008-12-26 at 07:45 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

It's the man...Sybil naturally thinks to himself. Then he looks up to the sky and sees the moon. They are moving rather suspiciously though, he rethinks to himself as they are seen scaling a wall to a window.

Aliens!!!

For his optimized viewing pleasure, Sybil looks to the building accross the street from the guard and attempts to find a good climbing spot to get to the top of it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot (1d20+4=12)
    If he finds a good place to climb, he will take a '10' to do so. If not, he will duck behind some porch steps.

In either case, he will attempt to hide and spot what he can learn from these "aliens."
    Hide (1d20+3=10)
    Spot (1d20+4=11)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lenhard

With his mind on other matters, the slight academic barely notices the goings on. In his arms he has three rather large tomes with which he had been struggling to get home before his arms gave out entirely. He makes it out into the lamplight before spotting the hood standing guard. With a small start, he drops his one of his books, flustered and embarassed.

'Oh, I - that is - beg your pardon.'

Kneeling down, he begins trying to gather his papers, trying not to get the bottom of his fine cloak dirty.

7. - Top - End - #7

Without noticing the aasimar, the guard ducks down to the scholar and says "Here, let me help" before throwing the books across the wet street, papers flying across the cobbled path with most being ruined. "Now beat it!" She says, pushing Lenhard away.

Sybil
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sybil did find a good hinding spot in a balcony and nobody notices you sneak up, but distance makes it a bit harder to see the guard and cuts you off from the people scaling the window. You see that the guard is a woman of elven decent, perhaps eladrin, you're not sure. Whatever heritage, she larger than the average elf.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

Sybil watches the display between the scholar and the guard.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Eris

Taking advantage of the distraction, Eris quickly wills herself to become invisible once more, before carefully sneaking behind the guard and ducking back into cover, nearer the window which the figures had entered. She is now feeling slightly drained, and even more nervous, but she is also anxious to find out what is going on - especially as she still doesn't know whether or not these figures are really a threat to her.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm working on this one costing another pp, leaving her with 3pp spare. Eris sneaks past the guard while ghosted, if possible while she is distracted as well.

Hide Check while Ghosted (Eris knows that some enemies can see through invisibility magic - this could be redundant):
    (d20+12)[17]

Move Silently Check while Ghosted:
    (d20+12)[32]

Hide Check to get into cover once she finishes sneaking past the guard:
    (d20+12)[17]

10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground

von Renner

Looking somewhat aghast at witnessing such an unnecessary display of rudeness, the scholar picks himself off the ground and stares around, finally taking a good look at his surroundings, leaving his sullied books in the muck. Speaking very precisely, he pronounces two words in a completely foreign tongue, and the collected mud and detritus falls from his hands and cloak like snow shaken from a tree.

Anything that can be achieved by brutality can be undone by a little applied knowledge.

Reaching for his books one by one, muttering softly to himself, he stacks the now spotless volumes in his arms.

I do bid you good day, madam.

Spoiler
    Show
    He takes a quick look around.
    Spot check: (1d20+1)[15]
    And automatically makes his Truespeak check to use Reversed Sully the Unseen on himself and then his books, since his modifier exceeds the DC.