New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Kierce: Jacob's Crossing

Hello people and welcome to good old fashioned DnD 3.5 style.

This will be the In Character (IC) channel, there is a like-named OOC channel for general bsing and what not.

When we start our game, please have everything in game in bold.

i.e "Have at thee, devious scoundrel!" Cullinane swings wildly, but fails to strike his foe, at all. lolz

have relevant rolls either before or after your bold text.

YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO POST EVERY 72 HOURS MINIMUM

If you fail to do so for whatever reason, I will make a ghost post for you i.e a post I believe would be in character and proper actions taken.

For now I invite you to do some pre-game discussion about your characters. Who are they, why they hang out etc etc. I would like pretty established relationships before we start to avoid initial awkwardness. I will post Homebrew (my personal deviant rules) stuff here shortly that I expect with this game.

For now have at it!

___________ Edited 01/19/09

Homebrew Rules

Posting Etiquette: Posting will be a free for all while out of combat, while in combat, we will be posting in order of initiative, combat will not continue until the proper person has posted in the correct order. There are no retroactive posts, so follow the chronology of the post before you (be creative in the lapse in you character's response).

I will be rolling all saves and initiative rolls (to speed up the process).

I will also secretly be rolling all sense motive and hide/move silently checks.

Please when we are in combat, have a constant running sub-post of your core stats including HP, AC, saves and any and all status affects on your character (like haste or poisons, ability damage).

Character creation. Everyone should know that we are sticking to the three core books for the first 5 lvls. PH, MM, DMG and are starting at lvl1.
    => Maximum HP at level 1.
    => Upon reaching 6th level players may pull from outside resources, please run everything by me via email or private message on the forums.
    => At 7th level you may retrain one level at a time (5th level upon reaching 7th) everytime you level.
    => There is a 32 point buy system for ability score generation (rules for such found in DMG).
    => Characters will also be given 5 free skill points in any craft or profession skill.

Natural 20's add +10 to any roll (i.e. +5 to hit with a dagger = 35 to hit)
    => To confirm a critical strike, roll a second attack using the same modifiers. If you fail to "hit" on the confirmation roll, you do normal dmg with your weapon. If you suceed, you apply all crit modifiers.
    => You may roll a third time if you roll a natural 20 when confirming a crit. If that third roll is a natural 20 again it is an auto kill, this applies to players as well.
    => If your target's AC is higher than a natural 20 would give you to hit, you will always miss unless you roll three natural 20's, this still results in an auto kill.

Conversely, any natural 1 on a roll applies a -11 (so as if you rolled a 0) penalty to the result (using the same dagger example, +5 to hit results in a
    -5 to hit)

Reflex saves. If you are able to succeed on any reflex save and a willing target your size category or smaller is adjacent to you, you may choose to cover that object or individual with your body. If you a fast enough to get out of the way, you are fast enough to protect something or someone.
    => If you chose to cover someone for a reflex save, you take 150% of any applicable damage. If you have evasion, you take 100% of the damage. Improved evasion, you only take 50%. The covered target takes no damage.
    => You must declare a covering before damage is rolled but you may cover after save rolls are made.
    => Inanimate objects are always willing.

Total Concealment
    => Instead of 50% miss chance when you pick the correct square, now a flat 80% miss chance no battle map nonsense needed.

Ability score increases. We will be accelerating the increase to a +1 bonus to any ability score every even level but you may not chose the same ability consecutively i.e. you may alternate strength and constitution.

There is a random Spirit Generation Table for GM's eyes only for any arcane magic cast or magic items used. This is based on three factors; spell level, number of spells cast, and frequency of spells.

I will deal with any divine magic users on a case by case basis in private.

Please use the forum dice roller for all necessary game mechanics.

Core Rules Here

Feats Here (for when we break out of the core rules at 6th lvl)

**I am debating adopting a vitality points system to possibly speed up combat. I am also considering increasing feat aquisition**

Rules subject to change at anytime.
    Last edited by AngelAndrius; 2009-01-21 at 02:22 PM.
    In the last dark hour
    Of the night,
    Angels come to love us
    And awaken us.

- Sri Chinmoy

No. 24627 from "Seventy-Seven Thousand Service-Trees, Part 25".

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Kierce: Jacob's Crossing

Devon Mordison:

Devon will begin the campaign having just celebrated his 16th birthday. He stands around 5'10, has dark brown hair with matching eyes, is slender in build and has a seemingly very agreeable even charming personality. This charm has saved Devon on more then one occasion as it has become well known he is quite fond of practical jokes and generally laughing at the misfortunes of others. None of this seems malicious however as Devon is more interested in having a good time then actually causing harm.

Occasionally Devon will display some darker sides of his personality but will usually quickly cover up such lapses. His friends and most of the town are well aware that despite Devon's generally friendly, happy personality his home is not quite such a nice place. Devon is an only child. His mother and younger brother both died of a wasting disease when Devon was but 9 years old. This lead his father to a dark depression that he has yet to emerge from. It is well known that Devon's father is a drunk, and a mean drunk at that. Devon has unfortunately suffered the consequences of his father's anger at the loss of his wife and son, and the powerful influence his drinking has over him.

Devon spends the majority of his time helping his father with the family business, which is the trading and breeding of horses. Devon's father is the chief horse merchant for as far as anyone in the town knows and because of this its been said that Devon's father takes advantage of the situation. Whether this is just angry grumbling or actual fact no one really knows as there really isn't anything to compare the prices to. Regardless, Devon has taken to the art of selling and bartering like a duck to water. His father has begun trusting him to close out some of the deals on less important customers. Devon hopes that if he does well with his father's business then his father may give him his favorite horse, Arjantus, who Devon has been riding since he was a small boy.

Despite his skill for a merchants life Devon is convinced it isn't for him. He has grand visions of exploring the world, seeing things far and wide that he has only heard of in stories. He has a fascination with ancient things although enjoys being outdoors to much to actually read the various volumes on such matters that exist in the town. As such he is quick to make presumptions on things. For instance his most prized possession is a dagger he found while out exploring the nearby woods. It is of strange make and design and Devon swears it must be some magical item from a bygone age. His friends of course discount this as pure fantasy but Devon is convinced.

All in all Devon is a free spirit who enjoys being out in the world. He likes to talk to people and learn what he can from them. He enjoys exploring the countryside and has often pulled his friends along on such adventures. As for friends i'm assuming we are going with the concepts we talked about earlier. Devon met Jimmy's character through their mutual enjoyment of exploration. As a sorcerer Jimmy's character has somewhat of a connection with kevin's which devon would know basically through proxy. When the others post their character bios we can flesh this out more.

Thats all i have for now, hastily written but it gets the point across, Cheers.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Christopher Lir

Chris, as he is called by most, is eleven years old and fascinated by magic. Standing about 4’ 8” and 90 lbs he has sandy blonde hair (which is always messy) and bright blue eyes. He is an idealist seeing the world as being full of good people who oppose the evil minority. This idealist view is one that will almost certainly fade as he learns more about the world and grows older. He is known for being a very bright boy and helpful when around.

Magic and knowledge are Chris’ interests he reads any book he finds almost obsessively. Chris almost always has a book with him along with his journal which he frequently takes notes in. In his speech he inadvertently combines all the languages he knows, adding words or phrases from other languages. He also seeks answers for his strange life-like dreams. Understanding these dreams is perhaps his greatest desire.

His father, Claude, is the town blacksmith and a good natured man. Claude tries to find the best in any situation. His mother, Ashley, is a housewife who shares her husband’s character. They are quite happy with their lives and well liked by the other inhabitants of Jacob’s Crossing. Chris’ older brother Zach, age seventeen, is an adventurer in heart and mind. He hates living in Jacob’s Crossing and would much prefer to strike out on his own. Despite his loner streak Zach does care about his family in his own way. Mary, Chris’ little sister, is nine. She loves magic and always wants to know anything Chris learns about magic. Chris thinks she may have sorcerer powers but he’s not sure.

Please tell me DM if there is anything there that's a no go and I will change it. I wasn't sure about putting in the thing about dreams but I felt it would be more acceptable than saying that he sees things before they happen sometimes. Whichever you want is fine with me though.
    "78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature."
    I really haven't. The players quickly move to the tavern after the campaign starts but they never start there. Even the three which have taken place in a city.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

What you guys got going so far is fine. The anglo-saxxon heritage in the name's you chose is fine as Islar is going to have strong fuedal England ties and I'll actually be using these types of names. Of course fantasy names are fine as well, but for culture's sake the vowell "ae" should be avoided as it is an echo of elvish and associated with either older Islaran or modern Hurrian eras.

Please dont forget to establish reltionships with all the characters everyone.

___________ Edited 12/31/08

GAME SCHEDULED TO BEGIN SATURDAY JANUARY 10TH

Please have character sheets made and ready to go by then, with a copy sent or linked to me. You may link it in your signature if you are comfortable with everyone being able to se it.
    Last edited by AngelAndrius; 2008-12-31 at 11:47 AM.
    In the last dark hour
    Of the night,
    Angels come to love us
    And awaken us.

- Sri Chinmoy

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Isaiah Morgan,

Isaiah's life has not been easy. He has lived "in" Jacob's crossing for all his life, in a small suite of rooms set on the second floor of the general store that his father owned. The store was ran by Mrs. Doralin, an elderly woman who was the closest thing to a mother young Isaiah had ever known.

But while this was indeed the place that Isaiah would call home, he has spent most of his life on the move, as his father would hunt local animals and negotiate with the barbarian tribes for goods not found within Islar proper. The store sold these items, and had a reputation for the "exotic" goods it carried. It sometimes attracted travelers with deep pocketbooks, but the returns in the store had always been modest at best.

At least that's how it had been up until last year, when Isaiah's father had died, as his old war wounds finally did him in. Initially, Isaiah had struggled to fill in the gaps. While the local tribal leaders knew him well from his travels with his father, the were still reluctant to put the same faith in a 14 year old. Even after he had gained their trust, the drought had all but wiped out his ability to supply the store.

Isaiah had a sharp wit and was known for his wonderful sense of humor, but his mood had become dour with his father's death. He was 5"11 and slight of build. He had the same brown hair that his father did, but his piercing blue eyes were inherited from his Mother. It was a tell-tale sign of his Hurriaen heritage.

There was a picture of her hidden away in his father's things that he had found after he had died. His parents had met during the War, when his father was a captain in the Islaran army. He had been wounded in the leg, and had been transferred to work as an assistant to one of the generals who coordinated the war efforts between Islar and Hurriae. His father didn't speak much of her beyond that, only saying that she had died during childbirth, and he had resigned his post to live in obscurity in Jacob's Crossing soon after.

Isaiah is well liked by most of the populace in Jacob's Crossing, but almost everyone who knows him grows concerned by his risk taking personality. In the wake of his father's death, there is little tying the young man to Jacob's Crossing. Instead, he longs to travel the world beyond the borderlands, and to learn more about his mother's world.
    "Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds"

Isaiah Morgan

6. - Top - End - #6
    Halfling in the Playground

Valierion Kels:

Valierion, aged 15, known as Val by both his parents and most friends, was raised by a pair of gypsy wanderers that settled down on the outskirts of Jacob's Crossing, e.g. his parents.

His father Tarl, fits the general stereotype of a gypsy quite well, being a street performer who occasionally performs in one of the local inns for coin. His mother, Lissel, however is the breadwinner of the family, making fine jewelry for a living. It is for this reason that Val initially came into contact with Christopher Lirs, Chris' father provides a large portion of the metal for Lissel. His parents are both kind souls, telling him stories of their people and they love him fiercely, having lost an elder child when they left their tribe. The only thing they will not tell Val is why they left their gypsy band and settled in Jacob's Crossing.

Val possesses the gift of sorcery, or curse depending on who you ask, although he certainly wouldn't call it that. His parents theorize that the gift comes through his mother's side as her mother (Val's grandmother) was a sorceress and a seer, and her mother before her, and so on, occasionally skipping a generation or two.

Despite having settled down, Val's parents have maintained their gypsy roots to a large extent and as a result Val is possessed of the same wanderlust and love of mischief that is common in gypsies. He particularly loves exploration and pulling sometimes elaborate pranks on various people. This shared interest in exploration (and the occasional prank) has cemented a firm friendship between the two.

Despite Val's penchant for getting into trouble, he is also remarkably good at getting out of it. While he is not a bad person, he sees no problem with lying if it will get him out of trouble and frequently he does so. His parents put up with his mischievous nature, chalking it up as a case of "boys will be boys". This does not endear them with all of the inhabitants of Jacob's Crossing, but Lissel's jewelry is well liked and Tarl is a good performer so they do not suffer overmuch from it.

Physically, Val stands at about 5'9" and weighs in the neighborhood of 140 pounds, (this should give him a slender appearance) although he still has some growing to do. He is proud of his appearance and maintains a long braided ponytail of jet black hair that comes down to the small of his back. He has deep green eyes and is quick to smile with nearly pearl white teeth.

I think that's just about everything I can think of for the character, if anybody has any questions feel free to ask. I wanted to establish a relationship between Isaiah and Val but wasn't really sure what I would be permitted to do so I left it alone. Sorry about the wait everyone!
    Last edited by Darkfalle; 2009-01-03 at 05:59 PM.
    Official House Bard of House Kato

Valierion Kels

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfalle View Post
    I think that's just about everything I can think of for the character, if anybody has any questions feel free to ask. I wanted to establish a relationship between Isaiah and Val but wasn't really sure what I would be permitted to do so I left it alone. Sorry about the wait everyone!
    That's what we have an OOC thread for people! Use it XD
    In the last dark hour
    Of the night,
    Angels come to love us
    And awaken us.

- Sri Chinmoy

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

Cully Littletoe

Little Cully Littletoe, (Little Cully,or lil'Toe or Littletoe or just "Toe"). It's confusing which name he mainly goes by. Being a Halfling among humans, makes other people see him as insignificant. Most of the time, for him, that's a good thing.

Cully is a little confused at who his parents are. Well, that's not true I suppose. Cully is a little confused at who RAISED him. Coming from a big family, he was raised by his parents… and his grandparents… and his great grandparents… and his uncles and aunts and cousins and the milkmen, and the mailmen, and the thatcher, and the butcher, and the blacksmith, and… It's easy to lose count, but they are related in some form or another. The problem with such a big family is everyone knows everyone's business. Which means that when a goat gives sour milk, it's the talk of the town. *yawn*

The suffocation of his home town and his sense of adventure led him to get out on his own, eventually ending up in Jacob's Crossing. Being a quick learner, he found himself able to earn his keep by lending a hand to the local farmers, finding odd jobs available in sufficient quantities. Although with hard times now, the work available is shrinking.

All this doesn't bother Cully very much. As long as he has his bedroll, a good spot for picking mushrooms, and a new place to explore, he's as happy as a clam.

One of his favorite things to do is play with his sword. Actually, it's really a sword like stick. Well, let's be honest. It's just a stick. When he first came to Jacob's Crossing, he came across some some big folk practicing with swords (a weapon he had heard legends about but never seen a real one before). The clang of the metal on metal, the sound of it whistling through the air, the dance of those using one as if it were their limbs. It fascinated Cully.

Cully stands about 3 feet tall, has blue eyes and a mop of brown hair (with a twig or two stuck in it). He sings old folk songs to himself often, a little off key but full of cheer. He's a little bit of a monkey, as his favorite place to camp is not on the ground, but on the big limb of a tree. (it's much safer for us small folk! Although if you ask Cully, he's the right size, everyone else is just too big). By the way, never come between Little Cully Littletoe, and freshly baked pie.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

Posting Etiquette: Posting will be a free for all while out of combat, while in combat, we will be posting in order of initiative, combat will not continue until the proper person has posted in the correct order. There are no retroactive posts, so follow the chronology of the post before you (be creative in the lapse in you character's response).

EDIT___________________01/13/09

I will be rolling all saves and initiative rolls (to speed up the process).

I will also secretly be rolling all sense motive and hide/move silently checks.

Please when we are in combat, have a constant running sub-post of your core stats including HP, AC, saves and any and all status affects on your character (like haste or poisons, ability damage).

For now, I hope you enjoy the game!

The five of you are gathering up the evening before the Festival of Blossoms, waiting to pull off the greatest prank of all time on everyone tomorrow.

For the past few nights, Chris and Val have been playing bait to attract sprytes, the smallest of spirit phenomenon, from the edge of the nearby North Wood where Devon found his dagger. By using their respective arcane gifts, the two of them have managed to lure nearly a dozen sprytes close enough so that Isaiah, Cully, and Devon who lie in wait, would be able to capture them in various bags and satchels.

Sprytes normally are harmlessly luminescent creatures barely big enough to fit in the palm of your hand that either bounce or float about. That is not to say spryte hunting is without danger, often sprytes serve as prey to much larger and more dangerous spirits. They can also mildly shock and burn when severely agitated, which has led to singed red fingers and yelps of pain in the night from the five local would-be-pranksters. Sprytes also have the tendency to become utterly invisible in broad daylight and are only visible at night, but fortunately for the grand scheme, can still shock and burn.

In the end hard work has paid off, and you have managed to capture nearly a dozen sprytes in a large deer skin bag, keeping them happy by feeding them a cantrip every few hours. The plan thus far is to sneak into the town square and get to the Blossom Arch newly constructed in the center, woven with wild greens and flowers. More importantly, the Spring Wreaths are hung on pegs on the Arch that the village girls will grab early tomorrow to begin the Festival with some song and dance. You plan to take a bit of thread and fasten a spryte to each wreath, hidden away in the light of dawn.

The hope is that the sprytes will not take too kindly to being mashed on some girls head and spun around with a loud band banging away in the background. The glorified image of girls running and screaming in chaos with their hair on fire was enough to send most of you into fits of uncontrollable laughter for hours at a time. You figure that no one will be too hurt,if hurt at all, considering the town fountain is a few feet away.

Valierion has been the one in charge of the sprites thus far, as his parents would presumably be the most lenient if he were to be caught and he is capable of actually feeding the creatures.

Right now you are all on your way leaving your prospective homes to the stable of the Blue Rose, where Cully is currently hired to help with the increased work load from farmers traveling in for the upcoming festivities. The Blue Rose is owned by Mr. Loston and overlooks the village square itself, the perfect place to launch the operation from.

You plan to wait out the remaining part of the night in the stable and just before dawn, tie all the sprytes to the wreaths so that there’s no chance of anyone spotting them before sunrise.
    Last edited by AngelAndrius; 2009-01-13 at 03:35 PM.
    In the last dark hour
    Of the night,
    Angels come to love us
    And awaken us.

- Sri Chinmoy

10. - Top - End - #10

As Val walks down the road with the others he turns and grins at them. This is going to be the best thing ever! Can you imagine the look on the face of Mae? He gleefully rubs his hands. I can't wait!

Hey Newman, I can't find the online thing for character sheets. Can you send it to me again? I have Val's sheet finished but I can't get it to you without the online thing.

Valierion Kels

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

Devon takes another look at the various containers the Sprytes are in making sure everything is in order. As long as the kid does his job this time instead of getting distracted it will be.Devon gives Chris a threatening look as he speaks.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

Isaiah smiled as he reached into his jacket. He pulled out a beautifully engraved silver flask, and twisting off the cap he turned to his friends and said, "A little something my dad left me". He took a swig from the bottle and offered it to Cully.
    Last edited by Lord_Xaedien; 2009-01-11 at 12:31 AM.

Isaiah Morgan

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Chris looks up at Devon, I promise I won't mess up this time! He then returns to reading his book, "A Complete History of Islar" After a moment he turns to Isaiah and asks What is in that? Alcohol?

I'll get you my character sheet later.
    Last edited by Zanatos777; 2009-01-11 at 01:38 AM.
    "78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature."
    I really haven't. The players quickly move to the tavern after the campaign starts but they never start there. Even the three which have taken place in a city.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

Cully cheerfully accepts the bottle and takes a taste. His eyes get a little wide and he starts coughing, while trying to answer Chris's question: "Well it's *cough* sure got some zing! *cough*" Cully hands the bottle back to Isaiah, and starts twirling his stick around as if he was conducting an orchestra.

15. - Top - End - #15

Val looks at Chris and rolls his eyes. Of course it's alcohol, what else? Gods Chris, you can be dense! Val eyes Isaiah's flask. Give me a swig?

Valierion Kels

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Chris sighs then returns to reading his book.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Pixie in the Playground

Of Course, what kind of friend doesn't bring enough to share?. Isaiah's eyes narrowed as he squinted in the poorly lit night. Let's keep it down, we don't want to get caught, and ruin everything we worked for.

Isaiah Morgan

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

As the group quiets down, only the soft crunch of your boots on the dried out mud of the street can be heard in the still night air. You pass by silent homes and stores in the darkness, some you recognize; the eccentric Mr. Tindelore's tailoring shop, Silken Dreams, Chris's parents smithery, The Copper Shoe the great horseshoe hangs still from its post. All windows are dark in this late hour of the night. Really the only souls awake at this hour should be the two watchmen, Hans and Robert. They patrol every hour or so through the dark streets of Jacob's Crossing so you all made sure to leave your homes after watching to make sure they complete their previous circuit, giving you time to get to the Blue Rose.

Cully silently reaches into his pocket to grip the key to the Rose's stables, just to make sure it was still there.

As you turn the corner, the softly illuminated Blue Rose can be seen at the end of the street. Mr. Loston always tries to keep his inn lit to welcome wayward travelers. Its good luck he says. The rose bushes that give the inn its name cannot be seen from this distance, but you know that the poor things are struggling to even produce stunted blossoms this drought.

Until I get character sheets anyone who has not sent me a copy or link will be rolling straight dice without any modifiers.

Listen checks

Isaiah: (1d20+5)[22]
    Devon: (1d20)[15]
    Chris: (1d20)[1]
    Val: (1d20)[17]
    Cully: (1d20)[4]

edits will be made in response to roll results

Val you think you hear something, but you are not entirely sure. It could have easily been at the edge of thought, only in your mind.

Isaiah you unmistakably hear a scream in the distance, probably from the edge of town. Its not the scream of a surprised homewife at seeing her laundry spilled on the ground. More like the scream of death. One you've heard a dozen times from the beasts you've tracked and killed in the Wood. Only this time it is undoubtedly human...

Chris, you don't even hear the upcoming responses from Isaiah and Valierion being too absorbed in your book. A particularly exciting chapter on the Kosh Town Rebellion.
    Last edited by AngelAndrius; 2009-01-13 at 03:42 PM.
    In the last dark hour
    Of the night,
    Angels come to love us
    And awaken us.

- Sri Chinmoy

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Chris hums softly while enjoying the Kosh Town Rebellion. Really a short sighted rebellion if one was to ask Chris. After all...
    Last edited by Zanatos777; 2009-01-13 at 03:34 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20

Val pauses, and turns his head, listening, for a moment.

Spot Check to notice Isaiah's reaction:
    (1d20+2)[10]

I'll respond further when I know whether I succeeded or not.
    Last edited by Darkfalle; 2009-01-13 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Apparently some words that are verbs count as profanity.

Valierion Kels

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

Val notices Isaiah has paused too.
    In the last dark hour
    Of the night,
    Angels come to love us
    And awaken us.

- Sri Chinmoy

22. - Top - End - #22

Valierion looks at Isaiah slowly. I thought I heard... Did you hear something?

Valierion Kels

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Chris continues to notice nothing, so he hums and reads by the glow stick.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Pixie in the Playground

Someone is in trouble

With that, Isaiah begins running towards the sound of the noise.

(not sure how close I am, but I would like to make a stealth check when I get close to the scream, if I can tell that)

Isaiah Morgan

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

Devon turns to look at his friends. Its probably just.... oh hell.He cuts off mid sentence seeing Isaiah take off and proceeds to follow him

26. - Top - End - #26

What about the spry... Damn it Isaiah! Val sighs and looks at Chris, throwing him the bag of sprytes. Here, you take them. Come on Cully, Chris, we might as well follow them. Val takes on last look in the direction Isaiah headed, shakes his head and starts sprinting after them.

Valierion Kels

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Chris looks up in time to see the bag clumsy catching it. What's going on Val? Then he realizes he needs to run to catch up with everyone, so he does.

28. - Top - End - #28

I don't know Chris, I heard something and I guess Isaiah heard it better Val shouts over his shoulder as he runs. Now come on, both of you, let's get moving!

Valierion Kels

29. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground

Cully runs after everyone else. I didn't hear anything. Wait up!
    Last edited by Cullinane; 2009-01-14 at 04:59 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

As Isaiah sprints off into the night towards the northern edge of town, the rest of you make haste to follow him. The well worn roads of Jacob's Crossing, rutted from constant wagon use, are almost impossible to navigate at this speed at night without a light. You can't help but to stumble once or twice, following Isaiah.

Once Isaiah reaches the outer ring of buildings he stops and ducks around a corner, attempting to not be seen while still being able to observe the surroundings outside.

As you all approach the the location where Isaiah ducked aside, you hear an unmistakable scream of a man, "Help! Oh please, someone! Aaargh!" It sounds as if the man is past the tree line of the North Wood.

Spot Checks with edits to follow

Chris: [roll]1d20+1[/roll]
    Cully: [roll]1d20+1[/roll]
    Devon: [roll]1d20[/roll]
    Isaiah: [roll]1d20+5[/roll]
    Valierion: [roll]1d20+2[/roll]

Still missing Devon's character sheet.

EDIT
    Well rolls didn't work, see next post.
    Last edited by AngelAndrius; 2009-01-14 at 07:45 PM.
    In the last dark hour
    Of the night,
    Angels come to love us
    And awaken us.

- Sri Chinmoy