New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Kierce: Jacob's Crossing

Isaiah quickly approaches the injured man. He has encountered many hard wounds out in the woods and knows basically what to do. He pulls a small clay vial from one of his pockets. He also takes a small water skin from his bag.

He kneels and washes the wounds as best he can, blood mixing with water and dirt. He applys the salve from his vial, using every bit of it.

As he's applying it he finds the serious source of bleeding just below the jaw line along the neck.

He quickly cuts a bit of cloak off from the stranger and uses that to apply pressure to the neck.

The stranger's breathing softens but steadies. Isaiah knows he is safe to move, but someone has to keep pressure on the neck.
    Last edited by AngelAndrius; 2009-01-27 at 10:07 PM. Reason: typo
    In the last dark hour
    Of the night,
    Angels come to love us
    And awaken us.

- Sri Chinmoy

No. 24627 from "Seventy-Seven Thousand Service-Trees, Part 25".

2. - Top - End - #92
    Halfling in the Playground

Valierion drops from the tree and hurriedly approaches the man. He looks at Isaiah. Will he be alright?
    Official House Bard of House Kato

Valierion Kels

3. - Top - End - #93
    Pixie in the Playground

Knowing that physical strength is not his forte, Isaiah elects to keep pressure upon the man's neck wound. Everybody Grab him I guess? If we keep him steady, he is okay to move!
    "Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds"

Isaiah Morgan

4. - Top - End - #94
    Pixie in the Playground

Devon seems dubious of the idea of just grabbing the guy and trying to carry him. Maybe we should build some type of stretcher. We might actually make things worse if we just try to pick him up. As he is saying this he looks around at the nearby surroundings looking for some materials that could be of use.

spot check for anything that could be used for a stretcher (1d20+6)[22]

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

Twilight has begun in Jacob's Crossing. Devon quickly spots some Iron Ivy destroying a nearby oak tree in the growing light of dawn. The thicker bits would be dense enough to make a makeshift stretcher but would not require nearly as much work as regular wood to cut free.

The strangers cloak would serve as a suitable joiner between the two lengths of vine.

Devon heads over and swiftly makes quick work of two suitable lengths and begins to fasten to cloak to each.
    Last edited by AngelAndrius; 2009-01-28 at 07:44 PM.
    In the last dark hour
    Of the night,
    Angels come to love us
    And awaken us.

- Sri Chinmoy

6. - Top - End - #96

Devon you need any help with that? Val walks over to Devon in order to aid him in the construction of the stretcher.

Valierion Kels

7. - Top - End - #97
    Pixie in the Playground

Cully moves in to help with the work. He looks over at Isaiah as they fashion the stretcher. "Something was different about that bear. I thought I heard something after it died. You were looking at it like you saw something strange."

8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Chris lifts himself up and walks shakily over to Cully and Isaiah, Yeah, I heard it too. He says with a shaky voice.
    "78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature."
    I really haven't. The players quickly move to the tavern after the campaign starts but they never start there. Even the three which have taken place in a city.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Pixie in the Playground

Isaiah's face shows his concern. I think the spirits of the woods wanted this guy dead. The wood's hate strangers but this attack was more..... vicious than the ones I have heard of. Lets get him to town and gt him patched up, but I don't think we should trust him by any means.
    Last edited by Lord_Xaedien; 2009-01-29 at 08:05 PM.

Isaiah Morgan

10. - Top - End - #100
    Pixie in the Playground

Devon instructs his friends in the construction of the stretcher. After it is complete he says Come on help me get him onto this thing and lets get out of here in case another bear shows up.
    Last edited by Divanance; 2009-01-30 at 01:32 AM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground

The five of you make your way out of the forest very carefully a bit at a time.

The stranger is still unconscious, but the stretcher seems to be working wonders. The scrap of cloak Isaiah is using is soaking through with blood.

When someone is hurt this bad, everyone knows to go to Granny Dodara's house near the center of town. No one knows more about injuries and how to treat them than her. You'd better hurry as today for the festival Granny Dodara is going to be heading out into the wilderness as early as possible to seek out the blessings of the spirits for the whole town. You don't have time to track her down in the woods.

The gray light of dawn is turning to gold as the sun begins to peak over the horizon.
    In the last dark hour
    Of the night,
    Angels come to love us
    And awaken us.

- Sri Chinmoy

12. - Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground

ok lol more nudging i guess

You quickly clear the distance from the tree line. There are some rustlings of life from the town, a wagon cart here a door opening there, but nothing visible.

You are beginning to labor under the strain of carrying the stranger, your breaths becoming haggard and sweat beading on your forehead.

Even with dawn barely here, you can tell it's going to be another scorcher today.

As you come up to Granny's house you can't help but sigh in relief. The old midwife is just closing her front door, traveler's pack and walking stick at the ready.

"My oh my. What have we here?" she says, adjusting her hat on her head while she leans over the stranger.

"Well best bring him inside while you five explain what trouble you've run into now."

She turns from you, unlocks her heavy wooden door and holds it aside for you.
    In the last dark hour
    Of the night,
    Angels come to love us
    And awaken us.

- Sri Chinmoy

13. - Top - End - #103
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

We bring the man inside.

I assume everyone is okay with that.
    "78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature."
    I really haven't. The players quickly move to the tavern after the campaign starts but they never start there. Even the three which have taken place in a city.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Pixie in the Playground

Cully helps bring him inside and turns to Granny. "He was attacked by a... an animal. Can you do something?"

15. - Top - End - #105
    Pixie in the Playground

He was mauled pretty badly Devon says gesturing to the blood soaked bandages, If we don't do something soon I don't think hes going to make it.
    Last edited by Divanance; 2009-02-01 at 11:03 PM.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Pixie in the Playground

He pissed off the spirits of the forest pretty bad from the looks of things. Can you patch him up while we go get the INSERT APPROPRIATE LAW OFFICER HERE

Isaiah Morgan

17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Xaedien View Post
    [B][COLOR="Orange"] INSERT APPROPRIATE LAW OFFICER HERE
    lol l2 town npc? i already posted about the watchmen hans and robert? how manny friggin cops do you think this town can pack in?
    In the last dark hour
    Of the night,
    Angels come to love us
    And awaken us.

- Sri Chinmoy

18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground

Granny pauses at the mention of spirits. "Not a good sign today. Not good at all."

"What exactly happened? Where did you find him?"

Granny move to her cabinets and pulls various herbs and salves from the shelves. Their scent rises to near overpowering as Granny twists off lids and begins to go to work with her pestle and mortar.

"Lay him down on the spare bed upstairs. Gently now! And someone give me details of the attack."
    In the last dark hour
    Of the night,
    Angels come to love us
    And awaken us.

- Sri Chinmoy

19. - Top - End - #109
    Pixie in the Playground

"Well we didn't actually see him get attacked. We just heard him shouting and came over, finding him on the ground like this. Then a big damn hairy bear came crashing out of the bushes chasing us." Cully looks over at his companions, wondering if he should go on.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Pixie in the Playground

Devon nods to Cully to continue then motions for his friends holding the stretcher to start heading upstairs.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Pixie in the Playground

"And then..." Cully starts to feel a little worn out by the nights events. "We killed the bear in self defense."

22. - Top - End - #112
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Chris nods slowly at Cully's statement.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Pixie in the Playground

[my apologies, the forums somehow removed my last post.

Granny, the bear was possessed by spirits. I am not sure what that means about this stranger, but have you ever seen anything like this before?

Isaiah Morgan

24. - Top - End - #114
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devon and Val, along with the help of Chris manage to hoist the stranger up the second floor. "Damn this guy is heavy!" Val croons from the steps. Granny snaps in his direction "Watch your tongue, young man!" The three manage to push aside the old wooden door nd walk the stranger to a large, gothic bed with pristine sheets while Val mutters darkly.

Cully stays downstairs talking with Granny as the three return, clomping down the stairs back to the group.

"Hmm I see. I have only heard rumors, Isaiah. Well, I won't ask what you five were doing out and about before dawn in the first place..." she says, giving you a slightly stern look.

"Hurry on out now, there is a party after all. I'll have this young man on his feet before dinner." She ushers you out with sweeping arm movements, crowding you out of her home.

Sorry I was late, had some heavy work and school shiz that went down. Also Val has hardcore misssed his 72 too, so consider the above his post, I guess.
    Last edited by AngelAndrius; 2009-02-10 at 07:08 AM.
    In the last dark hour
    Of the night,
    Angels come to love us
    And awaken us.

- Sri Chinmoy

25. - Top - End - #115
    Pixie in the Playground

Granny is lying to us about not knowing anything. And I am gonna find out more. Don't follow unless you know how to sneak around. I will let you guys know if I find anything out...unlike most of you guys, I won't be missed at the party.

With that, Isaiah heads to the back of Granny's house

The goal is to find a spot to eavesdrop on granny... climbing up and trying to sit outside the window, etc. Let me know what rolls you would like, or you can make them

Isaiah Morgan

26. - Top - End - #116
    Dwarf in the Playground

and yes isaiah and cully made a sense motive check.

As soon as Isaiah finishes talking, a young man turns the corner running hastily towards Granny Dodara's place.
    In the last dark hour
    Of the night,
    Angels come to love us
    And awaken us.

- Sri Chinmoy

27. - Top - End - #117
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

You recognize the figure coming around the corner as Aleister, a boy from the outskirts of town. He doesn't hesitate a moment, running right over to the group outside of the house and asks:

Is it true? Did you guys find a body?

Aleister sees Isaiah trying to get a better look at the house. Suddenly curious as to why they have been left outside, Aleister lowers his voice to a whisper, and tries to help Isaiah out in any way he can.

Aid Another:
    [roll0]

28. - Top - End - #118
    Dwarf in the Playground

result was an 8

Isaiah you hear the clumsy footfalls of a new individual trying to follow you. You turn and see another village youth following you, Aleister.

Aleister hears a couple snickers behind him as he rights the garden shovel he knocked over, a red blush growing on his face.

Aleister has joined the party.
    In the last dark hour
    Of the night,
    Angels come to love us
    And awaken us.

- Sri Chinmoy

29. - Top - End - #119
    Pixie in the Playground

Isaiah slows his pace to granny's. Slow down a bit there! Your welcome to come with, but lets be careful. Isaiah turns and tries to blend into the bushes, trying to find an appropriate place to climb up

move silently (1d20+7)[20]
    spot (something to make the climb check easier) (1d20+5)[16]
    climb (1d20)[11]
    Last edited by Lord_Xaedien; 2009-02-11 at 06:56 PM.

Isaiah Morgan

30. - Top - End - #120

Valierion stares at the two in disbelief and shakes his head. I'm all for a good prank now and then but this...? He sighs and whispers loudly after them. Are you guys forgetting our appointment with a certain group of obnoxious girls later?
    Last edited by Darkfalle; 2009-02-13 at 12:09 PM.

Valierion Kels