New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Eberron - What Dreams May Come

"If I am not mistaken, Sharn may keep copies of the floorplans of buildings within the more... affluent parts of the city. I may be able to secure a copy of these through the Karnathi embassy, under the pretense that I wish to buy or construct something similar. Would that be an adequate starting point?"
    You don't want the monster? You don't throw the switch.
    Awesome Avatar by Starwoof

2. - Top - End - #62
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Glamroth

The elf is truly amazed by the openness and trust the group shows him by discussing this in front of a stranger. He moves around the table to sit beside the guy answering questions <Jeffers> to chat.

I am Glamroth Alcarmegil of Clan Jaelarthal. If you don't already have a full roster, I'd like to be in on this mission. I can fight, and I can heal, and I have no objection to being covert so long as we can freely tell the story of our deeds afterward."

He pauses for a moment the think if he might have forgotten what he was here for. The mention of a battle having driven all his previous thoughts away, he puts on his best interview smile and waits for Jeffers' response.
    It's a ... d20 d8 ... pleasure to meet you! -GG

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

Jeffers stops, already halfway to the door, and nods at the elf. "Yes, and you're late," he says slowly. "Your comrades can fill you in."
    My latest homebrew: Majokko base class and Spellcaster Dilettante feats for D&D 3.5 and Races as Classes for PTU.

Currently Playing
    Raiatari Eikibe - Ghostfoot's RHOD Righteous Resistance

4. - Top - End - #64
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Vahn tries to usher his brother to move along to go play with his accursed machines, so he can get down to his business. Overhearing Jeffers he looks at Wells and says

"If your not too busy with sitting there, being useless, fill in the new guy"

5. - Top - End - #65

"I believe our mechanical comrade here is best for that particular task. I must digress I'm not entirely clear on the less than fine details, such as who is doing what and who exactly is whom. In fact, best we both fill you in, I could answer a few questions in case any arise. Lock was it? We need to inform our late arrival of particulars. Perhaps it would be best done apart from the rest of the group so as not to interfere with their planning. A walk around the area perhaps?" Wells looks towards Lock the Warforged and then back at the latecommer. "Major Wells, Karnathi Military. The one over there is Lock. Just Lock. Come along then. We'll take a brisk walk. "

6. - Top - End - #66
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Vahn sneers,Good a walk would be perfect, maybe with the Karranthi dog gone it might smell better and help me think.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

[b]Glamroth[b]

The Valenar elf smiles reminiscently and says, "Karnathi, eh? Your warriors are brave even after death.... but I fear I have sent many of them back to their graves." Snapping back to the moment he adds, "Nothing personal though, now that the war is over"

"But on a different note, what prizes do we hope to obtain, other than the fame which the glory of battle inevitably brings?"

Spoiler
    Show
    LOL at my last remark... sorry for the cheesiness
    Lets assume Lock and Wells bring the warmongering elf up to speed?
    Last edited by YarTheBug; 2009-01-07 at 08:25 AM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Freeing himself from thought, Issac is surprised to see another person joining their little group.

"Greetings, I'm Issac and it's a pleasure to have you join us in our endeavor."

"But on a different note, what prizes do we hope to obtain, other than the fame which the glory of battle inevitably brings?".
    "I believe we are to be paid 3,000g for our efforts on behalf of mr.Jeffers." After a bit of a pause he starts again. "But I should warn you, our mission requires that no innocents be harmed, or we'll only be paid half."

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry I haven't posted. I've been swamped since they scheduled my surgery for next week rather than next month. As fair warning my typing may go down afterwards as I've been told I'll have a rather lengthy recovery, so I might end up having to drop out early/have my character turn into a DMPC for a while.

-Felirc-
     /l、
    (゚、 。 7
     l、 ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

9. - Top - End - #69
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Glamroth

"Well met one and all! I am Glamroth Alcarmegil, a follower of my people's ancestors. May they guide my blade and protect me. I look forward to an adventure with you gentlemen and..." He looks around for the tentacled horror,"and... Sean?

"I'm not very stealthy, nor am I knowledgeable in anything applicable to our planning, but I am at your disposal for this mission."

10. - Top - End - #70
    Orc in the Playground

Zephon

Well met Glamroth
    Zephon says, surprised his name for the illithid is catching on.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

((No, those aren't "Choo-Choo" noises you hear. Honest. Would I lie to you?))

Sebastian clears his throat. "Well, gentlemen, if you've no further business, I suggest we go our separate ways for three days. I've a business partner coming in from New Cyre that I really shouldn't keep waiting." He looks to Vahn. "Let me know where we decide to hook up, alright?"
    My latest homebrew: Majokko base class and Spellcaster Dilettante feats for D&D 3.5 and Races as Classes for PTU.

Currently Playing

12. - Top - End - #72
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Vahns eyes soften as he speaks to his brother, "Alright, Ill see you after a while I just have to tie up some loose ends."

He turns to the elf and his armor goes back up, "I hope you wont be as late with the healing you drunk bastard"

Glaring at Wells, "Weren't you going to go for a walk and inform the drunkard."

@ Isaac, "Try and see if you cant figure out anything on the defenses on the tower, magical or mundane."

@ Falcon, "See about the patrols; their gear, alertness, how quickly they move patrol and how frequently they cover the same ground, and most importantly how often they change shifts. We dont need any unexpected unknowns popping up."

Looks at lock for a min then mutters something in disgust, which you surmised to be something about inbreeding.

@ Zeph, "I dont care what you do, just dont cause me any problems. Problems that I will rectify...permenently"

Mumbles, "Stupid squid face, coulda taken Falcon along..."*sighs*

And before anybody can protest he gives one final look around and departs, off on his own mission he needs to complete.
    Last edited by AdenDarkrealm; 2009-01-11 at 10:16 AM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

(Alrighty then. Now that we've finished with the tavern, what have y'all done with the past three days? Post it up in the OOC thread like Aergoth did, and I'll handle it from there.)

Currently Playing

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

(Alrighty. You've all met back up at the pre-designated rendezvous point of the Dragon's Alcove. I know Zephon thinks it's unsafe. Don't worry about it. Check the OOC thread for info about the tower.)

After-hours at the Dragon's Alcove, you and your fellow conspirators meet in the dead of night. This is actually not terribly unusual for the inn; Reyland has many dealings with people and things that oft best not see the light of day. You are all seated around a large table, having completed your tasks and errands to prepare for the raid. Reyland himself is present, though none of his barmaids are. The rotund barkeep hands out your beverage orders - Glamroth's noticeably watered-down - as the discussion begins following the members who went to scope out the tower reporting their findings.
    "So," Sebastian says, "What's the plan?"
    Last edited by Solaris; 2009-01-12 at 04:43 AM.

Currently Playing

15. - Top - End - #75
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The dwarf drinks deeply of his strong-smelling pint and sets it down squarely and deliberately as to get the attention of this odd assortment. He had was hard pressed to recall a more rag-tag and thrown together group, even in his many days of traveling. He takes in a deep breath before speaking, then stops to consider that from the strange looks he's getting, that Sebastian didn't even inform them he would be arriving to assist. Oh well.

"Right then...here's what I've got. The most obvious and efficient plan to minimize innocent casualties and give us the fastest tactical entrance is this here. Borgis retrieves a sheet of parchment from his pack labeled "Plan A" While the guards are changing shifts, we send two people to distract them with some sort of spectacle, the fish and the scrap pile are the strongest choice for that consider their...uniqueness? At which point we can slip in one of the ground floor windows, if not the front door. After we've made an entrance, the other two can join us through the window around the backside. To exit we can simply do the same thing.

He pauses to consider his own words, and emits a satisfied grunt and a slow nod, replaying it over and over in his head.

Spoiler
    Show
    By the way, I'm sure my sudden appearance makes no sense. I was the contact that Sebastian had to meet. We'll assume he introduced himself when he walked in. Blah blah, sniper for New Cyre militia, blahdy blahdy blah.
    Borgis Altareye
    "Intoxicated with unbroken success, we have become too self-sufficient...too proud to pray to the God that made us."

16. - Top - End - #76
    Orc in the Playground

Zephon

That seems like a sound plan, was anyone able to track down a floor plan or something for the inside?

17. - Top - End - #77

"If it exists, the Karnathi Embassy does not have a copy."

18. - Top - End - #78
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Glamroth

A relatively bright-eyed Glamroth enters the bar. He looks rather sad, but determined as he sits down at the table as the group begins to assemble.

"Blade, Horse, and Cousin... all still missing. My apologies that I could not look into our mission, but family and clan come first."

Though he doesn't say as much, he seems appreciative that Reyland has watered his drink, and either forgiven or forgotten the words they had a few nights past.

@ Borgis: "Well met sir dwarf! If I may introduce my self before we talk of these plans, I am Glamroth Alcarmegil. If not, I might mention that moving in at shift change means twice as many guards if we get noticed." Here he thumps his scale mail demonstrating the -4 armor check penalty. "So whatever distraction we plan should lure the guards well away from the window we would use."
    Last edited by YarTheBug; 2009-01-12 at 10:33 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79

"Can anyone cast a spell... I believe it's called pyrotechnics? We'd just need a torch, and perhaps one person dressed like a street performer. I'm not quite sure of all the effects, but it can be quite... dazzling."

20. - Top - End - #80
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Though looking more stressed and annoyed than usual Vahn puts in his two cents,"I believe the dwarf has the right idea to a point, the forged could distract them because he is so very shiny, but come now. How often are people with tenticles on their faces seen. Davey would put them on the defensive at best."

After this he sets back up his routine of sitting at the bar, flirting with Jess, and keeping an eye on his brother.

(I get to go to the range for a week, so stick him on auto and keep on rollin)
    Last edited by AdenDarkrealm; 2009-01-13 at 01:51 AM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

"Could always just have the ninja go invisible, grab one of their weapons, and run off with it," Sebastian says just before taking a drink. "Had a guy pull that on the drill instructor playing Op Force during Basic. It worked... 'til the arcanist instructor dissed the spell." He chuckles, remembering better days. "Totally worth the push-ups, though."

Currently Playing

22. - Top - End - #82

Falcon

Unfortunately, I have not yet perfected the art of "going invisible". Entering through the front door is too risky, even if the guards are distracted. If they see us, it will cut into our profits to deeply. It seems to me that we don't actually need to create any additional distraction beyond the guards talking with each other. We can climb in one of the back windows at eight bells, while the guards are changing shifts, and no-one will be the wiser. I also think it will be good for us to get upstairs as quickly as possible to avoid the "innocents" downstairs.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Orc in the Playground

Zephon

I like the idea of a distraction, but possibly as a backup plan in case we can't get in as quickly and quietly as we intend to.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Borgis strokes his beard listening to the ideas of the group. Rudimentary ideas, he considered them fragments of plan at best. To do this efficiently would take absolute strategic control. Still, they were thinking and willing, which is the first step.

He clears his throat and pulls out another scroll labeled "Plan B"

Aye...yer on the right track. Here we are thenHe traces his finger carefully along the diagrams on plan B.More than likely, the men at the front have no idea what that treacherous dog is up to hidden in that filthy tower of his. If they let in butlers and maids, I'm curious as to how they'll handle this: We could have Wells approach the front dragging Lock with him, claiming it a delivery for the wizard. With the magical nature of the machine, I'm guessing they'd be more likely to believe that, or simply fear the wizard too much to potentially ager him by turning away an important delivery, especially from the Karnathi major. Once inside, the two could secure the room and usher us in through a window. Bah, but of course this plan could fall at any second. Humans are too unpredictable for my tastes.

He snorted with that last remark...more undisciplined is more likely the case.

Of course, when it comes down to it, we could just end up having to budge our way in, lash the guards together and drag em through the whole stinkin tower with us, their mouths stuffed with cloth.

@ Zephon (whom, for some reason, gave Borgis a feeling of great comfort):Oh ho, well met my friend, but I have back up plans for my backup plan's backup plans. We could be here discussing them all night.
    "Intoxicated with unbroken success, we have become too self-sufficient...too proud to pray to the God that made us."

25. - Top - End - #85

"That's why we build machines and raise undead. Reliable, if uncreative." Wells nods
    "I like the plan where we just walk in the front door. If the window you speak of is large enough, once we're inside, Lock could just simply bring the sphere out to you while I make my way back out."
    Last edited by Aergoth; 2009-01-13 at 03:27 PM.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground

"Hmm... perhaps we could integrate all plans at once? At first, trying to bluff our way in would work- and if that doesn't work, a distraction or stealth would be the best course of action. And if they catch us... then we will incapacitate them." He folds his hands over hsi lap, looking as sophisticated as a tentacled monstrosity can. "However, entry is only one small portion of our goal- the rest is the important part. Once we are inside, I would advise a very... blunt approach. We request an escort to the top floor, or as near as we can get to it. Once there, security should be lax, as the man will not want his guards seeing his secrets. We then incapacitate the guards, requisition our goal and leave.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

27. - Top - End - #87
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Glamroth

The elf listens carefully to as his colleagues speak their minds. Then begins to think deeply. After a few moments he nearly jumps out of his chair with a start.

"Holy, Kyber! I've lived on the plains all my life and not used to being in this City of Towers. Did any of you gents notice if there was anything above the building. Something we might rappel down from? Not that we could buy any rope at this hour."

After settling back into his chair to resume listening, he pops back forward again.

"Oh! And what about coming from below? Does anyone know if there are sewers or anything beneath the place?
    Last edited by YarTheBug; 2009-01-13 at 08:14 PM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgondantess View Post
    "Hmm... perhaps we could integrate all plans at once? At first, trying to bluff our way in would work- and if that doesn't work, a distraction or stealth would be the best course of action. And if they catch us... then we will incapacitate them." He folds his hands over hsi lap, looking as sophisticated as a tentacled monstrosity can. "However, entry is only one small portion of our goal- the rest is the important part. Once we are inside, I would advise a very... blunt approach. We request an escort to the top floor, or as near as we can get to it. Once there, security should be lax, as the man will not want his guards seeing his secrets. We then incapacitate the guards, requisition our goal and leave.
    Sebastian shakes his head at this. "No, I think we should go with one or the other. If a bluff fails they'll be on high-alert."

Currently Playing

29. - Top - End - #89
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Borgis chugs the rest of his pint and lets out a content sigh. It had been far too long since he had some fun like this. Whenever he planned out a mission, a explosion started to well up inside of him, releasing itself when that first step is taken to put it into action. Though he was careful about his stratagems, he fondly remembered having the most fun when they went awry.

Bah! We can discuss the entry all day, but what has me curious is what we'll find once inside. Considering what that trickster was up to in that unholy tower...The dwarf lets out a disgusted noise as though a troll just relieved itself on the table in front of him. The thought of undead even being on the same plane of existance would lead him to triple check the tightness of his bow-string...it just makes me wish the wizard was home for our "delivery".

@ Glamroth: Aye, I have a fair bit of rope and the hooks to lash it to, but if there was anything above that tower, I'm suren the scouts would have reported such. As fer sewer, it's possible, but who knows what lurks down there, and why risk it?

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground

"Once again, I agree with the dwarf. Let's go there. The entry is not worth troubling over- it's what's inside that's the real challenge. Let's deal with that as it comes."
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer