New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Eberron - What Dreams May Come

Sebastian snorts, getting a little irritable. He liked to improvise a plan when it was just him, but he didn't know these people well enough or trust them nearly enough to operate like that. "Okay, gents and squid, so if we botch the entry then what will we do from there? Poor planning and sloppy execution gets people killed; we're under a compulsion to not kill anyone, but the guards have no such restrictions. The maid's got the windows open from zero-six-forty to zero-nine. That right there is damn near two hours of 'get in quiet-like' time. They're the base floor windows, too. It doesn't get any easier than that. As for what goes down after we get in..." he shrugs. "Standard room-clearing drill. You gents do know how to do urban combat, right?"
    My latest homebrew: Majokko base class and Spellcaster Dilettante feats for D&D 3.5 and Races as Classes for PTU.

Currently Playing
    Raiatari Eikibe - Ghostfoot's RHOD Righteous Resistance

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Well enough. If you can shoot things, stay at the back. Everything is cover."
    You don't want the monster? You don't throw the switch.
    Awesome Avatar by Starwoof

3. - Top - End - #93
    Orc in the Playground

Zephon

I was under the impression that shooting=bad. Perhaps we should invest in a sap or two in order to deal with any guards we might come across.

Spoiler
    Show
    I mighta missed it, but I don't see sap in any of the weapon group proficiencies. Can I assume I'm proficient with what essentially amounts to a sock full of copper pieces?

4. - Top - End - #94
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Glamroth

@Borgis: Upon smelling the hearty drawfish porter wafting off Borgis' breath, the Valenar warrior seems to turn a bit green. After a moment to steady himself he says, "You could probably speak to this more than I good dfarf, but be careful with what's in that mug!"

@Sebastian: Valaes Tairn are not know for their skill in... what did you call it... 'urban warfare?' I'll see what I can do though.

"I think that we should go in from the east side (opposite the door), obviously. But we'd need to time our entry right after the guards finish thier rounds. For a distraction, someone coming up and talking to the guards might be enough just enough distraction.

"Sebastion, you seem to have an engaging personality, and I think Zeph and I could handle melee while you sneaked around and and got in.

"If you don't mind being the first in the building that is Zeph, and I would be beside you. I'd also guess that Borgis can use that big sword and wants to rather soon.

"With the group split, and us needing to time the guards, we could use some eyes on the roof of the building. Falcon, Vahn, I think you two would be the stealthiest among us, but one person on the roof is all that is needed. I would guess, though I haven't attempted such a feat, that climbing up before sun-up would be the least noticable. I won't recommend having the other of you go in to scout ahead, since you could be cut off and meet a heroic end before the rest of us could join you."
    Here he grins slightly.

"Isaac, Lock, and... Sean?... you know your talents better than I, and you can likely tell were best you would fit this plan. I won't say to any warrior to stay behind another, but I would say find what end best suits you.

"That should get us inside. Then I guess we kill or incapacitate whatever we find?
    "

Spoiler
    Show
    sorry for my Epic of Gilgamesh/ above, but it's hard for a CN to just start barking orders!

Timetable:
    0500: Vahn or Falcon goes on the roof
    0630-0700: Guards make rounds and we move....
    - Sebastion talks with guard out front
    - Rogue on roof signals to move in.
    - Glam, Zeph, Borg move in followed by Sean, Isac, Lock, V or F
    - Sebastion walks away... just out of sight, then walks around back and in
    - Rogue on roof climbs down and in.

When we leave, we could use the front door if we find enough proof to show we are not the bad guys... otherwise let Vahn or Falcon go oout first to check on the guard situation.
    Last edited by YarTheBug; 2009-01-15 at 11:51 PM.
    It's a ... d20 d8 ... pleasure to meet you! -GG

5. - Top - End - #95
    Orc in the Playground

Zephon

I have no problem being the first into any battle, and an extra body along for the ride is always helpful.
    Last edited by sidhe_blooded; 2009-01-16 at 12:24 AM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

@ Glamroth: Bah, nothing better to steady the hand of a archer then a pint, except maybe a giant poking his smelly head out the door.

This aside, he had nothing to add. He had presented two plans of action and was resigned to let them hash it out amongst each other. He had the patience of the earth his first fathers were created from and he could sit in this tavern until the wizard had an army of undead upon them. But Borgis couldn't resist smiling at the elf's sword comment. He was a trained sniper, dedicating his life to archery, but when it came down to it, he was first and foremost a dwarf. The thought of testing his mettle up close and personal made something inside him very pleased. Before he knew it he was lost in a daydream, fictionally tearing through the undead with his blade like a bearded tornado crashing through the city of towers.
    "Intoxicated with unbroken success, we have become too self-sufficient...too proud to pray to the God that made us."

7. - Top - End - #97

Falcon

It sounds like we have a plan. I will go up on the roof and keep an eye out. When to we want to do this? If I'm going to be climbing, I have one or two things to pick up in the morning, so I guess tomorrow night would be best.

He thinks, Also, I can check and see if those upper windows are as locked as they seem.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

Sebastian nods his agreement with the little ninja. "That we do. Plus, if you gents get yourselves caught, I can help 'detain' you as is the proper duty of an upstanding member of House Cannith." He says this last with laughter in his eyes. "Tomorrow then, gentlemen and squid, and I leave it to you to find your own way there." He rises with a flourish and a bow, then walks off.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move the timetable to the right about an hour. We don't wanna pop in on top of the maid and have her scream - not unless we have a silence spell handy.
    My latest homebrew: Majokko base class and Spellcaster Dilettante feats for D&D 3.5 and Races as Classes for PTU.

Currently Playing

9. - Top - End - #99
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Still sore from his night before, he zones in and out of the conversation. Ah well, he thinks Ill just follow my brothers lead

10. - Top - End - #100
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Glamroth

"Very good. Does anyone else need to get supplies before we begin?"

Spoiler
    Show
    AKA: Can we fast-forward to the mission?

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

Zephon

I am ready to go anytime.

Spoiler
    Show
    I vote fast forward

12. - Top - End - #102

Falcon

I'm ready to go as well

Spoiler
    Show
    Bought a grappling hook and 50 ft of silk rope, will be reflected on my char sheet.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I vote fast forward as well.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

14. - Top - End - #104

"All is ready. Let us proceed."
    Yes! Get to the killing!

Spoiler
    Show

You know my vote.
    Last edited by Aergoth; 2009-01-21 at 07:57 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

Though dawn has not quite come to Sharn yet, the city never truly sleeps. Sebastian, a little irate at having to be up before noon, finishes the final stages of his cunning distraction. Taking a swig of the sour ale he favored, he staggered down the causeway Darwell's Tower was on. He has a mug in his hand, and smells of alcohol. To all the world, he appears stinking drunk.
    "She left me!" he howled, slurring his words. "Tha- that witch left me! I gave her the best years of my life!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hey, Favored in House has to be useful for something. Sebastian used it to make sure there'll be a flying carpet waiting to catch him when he jumps.

This ruse has the guards' interest. They've been on-duty for a couple of hours now, and they're plenty bored with the routine of standing in front of the wizard's tower. Sebastian intends to be plenty entertaining.

Now would be the opportune moment.

Currently Playing

16. - Top - End - #106
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Glamroth

Glamroth stands on the opposite side of the building with the "back-window" crew. He is visibly anxious as he keeps unsheathing and re-sheathing his dagger and checking his armor and scimitar.

"May our forefathers watch over us if they don't buy the deception..." he breaths, barely above a whisper.

As an afterthought he looks up to the roof of the tower for Falcon's signal. He then re-checks his sword and unsheathes his dagger.

Spoiler
    Show
    Originally posted by Solaris
    Hey, Favored in House has to be useful for something. Sebastian used it to make sure there'll be a flying carpet waiting to catch him when he jumps.
    Ahhh... the al-Addin method....
    Last edited by YarTheBug; 2009-01-22 at 10:42 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Vahn smiles at his brothers acting, and hopes that he doesn't over-do it. Nows the time, he whispers. With that he begins moving towards the window.

18. - Top - End - #108

Falcon

After giving the signal to enter to the back-window crew, he moves around to the front of the building again and watches Sebastian and the guards. He keeps low, ready to signal the others if something goes wrong with the performance.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

"She- I'm gonna kill her!" Sebastian says, apparently sobering up a bit. He starts walking up to the guards, a trifle unsteadily. "Don'tcha think that'sh a good idea?"
    "Sir," one of the guards states firmly, noting Sebastian's dress. Ah, great. Another self-important House scion. "Sir, we have a job to do."
    "You're on her side!" Sebastian accuses.
    "I am not. I have no idea who you're talking about, sir."
    "Are too! You do too! You were my besht friend and you shlept with her, didn't you?" Sebastian goes to grab the guard's tunic, but the man steps back. "You all shaw it, didn't you?" Sebastian looks at the other guards. "He was two-timin' with her behind my back the whole damn time, wa'n't he?"
    "Yeah, yeah he was," another one of the guards said somberly. "I'm sorry, man. I was going to tell you."
    "You sonuva-" the guard accused of adultery snaps.
    "-Hey, the truth hurts."
    "You betcha it doesh," Sebastian says mournfully.
    "What truth? I've never met you before in my life, sir." The first guard's getting a little irritable now. "You're drunk off your ass and clearly have me confused with someone else."
    "So now she's screwin' shomeone else, too?" Sebastian jerks back. "Who?"
    "Your brother," the second guard says, stifling a chuckle. "They've been going at it like halflings."
    "That'sh it! I'mma gonna go find that bastard and kill him dead!" Sebastian marches off resolutely, not seeming to notice that he just walked off the bridge.
    The two guards look at each other, then the whole group rushes over to the ledge to see if this intoxicated jilted lover managed to score a featherfall - or if they were gonna get to see some blood.

Currently Playing

20. - Top - End - #110
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Glamroth

"Go time," says Glamroth and then hustles to the open window. As soon as the rest of the back-window team is assembled, he vaults over the window ledge and draws his sword (dagger already in hand).

21. - Top - End - #111
    Orc in the Playground

Zephon

Zephon grins, it had been awhile since he had ti engage in subterfuge.
    Let's do this.
    He muttered as he began moving.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Borgis lets a chuckle at the guards expense, which quickly turn in grumbles of discontent as he struggles to pull his stocky frame up and into the window, un-gracefully tumbling into the room.
    "Intoxicated with unbroken success, we have become too self-sufficient...too proud to pray to the God that made us."

23. - Top - End - #113
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Looking up to the heavans and muttering "why me" after the dwarfs,,,,graceful entrance. Vahn hops into the window with as much guile as few of any race can muster. Readying his short sword for close range ickyness. He takes notice of the surroundings a.k.a. easy places to hide, blind spots, stuff to steal...>.> remembering where hes at, forgets about the stealing.

Takes roll call of everyone thats supposed to be here.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Glamroth

The Valenar warrior lets his ears adjust and peers around the room by the starlight? coming though the open window.

Spoiler
    Show

"Spot" - (d20+5)[10]
    "Listen" - (d20+5)[22]

@AdenDarkrealm: Present!

[/spoiler]

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by YarTheBug View Post
    Glamroth

The Valenar warrior lets his ears adjust and peers around the room by the starlight? coming though the open window.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Daylight. It's the morning.

You guys find yourselves in a room that doesn't seem to have anybody in it. A stone fireplace is set in the northeast corner of this room. Two long wooden tables laden with cooking utensils, spices, and pots are set along the walls here. In the center of the room is an old, well-worn circular red carpet.

Currently Playing

26. - Top - End - #116

Spoiler
    Show

Did we forget me? Or am I not with the bunch?

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    You're with the bunch. As a general rule, if someone doesn't post for a minute, they're with the main group.

Also, I neglected to mention the door in this room. One door on the north wall (remember that you just came in through the south).

Currently Playing

28. - Top - End - #118
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Borgis looks around and starts to move, when he notices the two with their blades drawn. The dwarf gives the nearest one a shove.

Did ye forget?He whispers harshly.These guards are decent folk. There'll be no killin of em. Be men...use your hands

He raises his clenched fists in a dramatic gesture.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Vahn looks at the dwarf's ham fists, then glances at his nimble hands...ponders for a moment then rotates his sword ninty degrees to use the flat of the blade.

"My hands are useful for more important things than breaking them like some beer mug. I will try to refrain from any needless killing, but ,mark my words....these people mean nothing compared to our lives." he sweeps a hand out towards the window to indicate his brother.

30. - Top - End - #120

"It occurs to me that I am in fact not just carrying a big stick for the good of my health."
    Last edited by Aergoth; 2009-02-02 at 07:18 AM.