New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Eberron - What Dreams May Come

Borgis takes a look around the room, pondering how to possibly advance upward in the tower. He assumes the north door is the front door. He tiptoes over to the side of the fireplace, scrutinizing it for maybe some sort of secret staircase.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move Silently 12+2=14, Search 8+1=9. All aboard the failboat.
    "Intoxicated with unbroken success, we have become too self-sufficient...too proud to pray to the God that made us."

2. - Top - End - #122
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Glamroth

He "sneaks" toward the door, attempts to open it a peek through.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Move Silently" - (1d20+2)[3](5) for opening the door
    "Hide" - (1d20+2)[19](21) in case someone is there to see
    "Reflex" - (1d20+2)[4](6) in case there is one of those kinds of trap
    "AC" - 15 in case it's the other kind
    "Spot" - (1d20+5)[7](12)
    "Listen" - (1d20+2)[12](14)
    It's a ... d20 d8 ... pleasure to meet you! -GG

3. - Top - End - #123
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    WOW! I out-noisyed the dwarf!? that's not very elf-like.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    So am I to assume this thread is dead?
    "Intoxicated with unbroken success, we have become too self-sufficient...too proud to pray to the God that made us."

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I certainly hope not. Anyhow, I'm not really sure whether Sean will be coming in until later, so I've been holding my post out for a bit... but for now let's not say dead, just in a potentially fatal coma.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

6. - Top - End - #126
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm still here, there's just 2 or 3 people clambering around the door already so I'm not trying to join in the noise making.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Solaris is shipped out right? That means time is at a premium.
    You don't want the monster? You don't throw the switch.
    Awesome Avatar by Starwoof

8. - Top - End - #128
    Bugbear in the Playground

Falcon

Noting that the performance had the desired effect, falcon lowers himself down the wall to the window that the rest of the group has entered through.

Spoiler
    Show

"Present!"

9. - Top - End - #129
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

(Im sorry I had to dash to the field to play ranger games.)

Vahn quickley goes to the door and tries to discern if anyone is beyond the door.

listen - (1d20)[15]

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AdenDarkrealm View Post
    (Im sorry I had to dash to the field to play ranger games.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aviation. Feh.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry 'bout that, fellas. I've been on night shift, and in between that hacking up a lung and trying not to die from pneumonia. Couple that with the interwebs being dead...
    But you'll find out if this thread dies, either from me saying "I can't do it anymore" or my brother coming on to tell you that I've been splatted. I won't just wander off and not post again.

Y'all hear nothing but the Valenar's elf senses start tingling as he crosses the carpet in the middle of the room. Hint, hint.
    You open the door with no ill effects. People tend not to put traps on things they go through on a daily basis... And maids have a notoriously low Reflex save.
    Speaking of... You open the door to what must be the sitting room. It features a stone fireplace in the southwest corner, a couch and two chairs with plush, red velvet cushions, and a small dining table with four wooden chairs. A short hall comes off to the east. The door you just opened is on the north wall of this hallway; another door is on the south wall opposite. The maid is 'busy cleaning' on the couch, and by 'busy cleaning' I mean 'sleeping soundly'. You should move quietly through this area.
    My latest homebrew: Majokko base class and Spellcaster Dilettante feats for D&D 3.5 and Races as Classes for PTU.

Currently Playing
    Raiatari Eikibe - Ghostfoot's RHOD Righteous Resistance

11. - Top - End - #131
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    WooHoo!! Welcome back Sol! Glad you're feeling better. I just went through hacking, coughing, sinus stuff. But Arkansas' "winter" doesn't hold to what you guys have been talking about.

Glamroth
    Spoiler
    Show
    Brace yourself for a rather pathetic Elf Secret Door Sense:
    "Search" - (d20+3)[17](20)

12. - Top - End - #132
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

...Speaking of... You open the door to what must be the sitting room. It features a stone fireplace in the southwest corner, a couch and two chairs with plush, red velvet cushions, and a small dining table with four wooden chairs. A short hall comes off to the east. The door you just opened is on the north wall of this hallway; another door is on the south wall opposite. The maid is 'busy cleaning' on the couch, and by 'busy cleaning' I mean 'sleeping soundly'. You should move quietly through this area.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ok, not to be a douchebag, but didn't we just open the door on the northern wall of the room we're in...and it's somehow the north door for this hallway. Is it some sort of paradox, matrix type door, or was that a gaff, or am I terrible at picturing it so I'm imagining some mistake. Seriously, not meant in a jackass-y way.
    Last edited by Pur[E]; 2009-02-16 at 12:43 PM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Glamroth
    Levels his epic wand of fireball at the sleeping maid...
    Nuke! - (37d6)[2][6][1][6][3][1][6][4][1][1][2][3][3][3][5][5][4][1][4][5][5][5][1][4][3][3][6][3][1][5][2][2][4][3][1][6][3](123)

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm just making sure that EVERYONE knows this thread is still active and the minimum word count is made for this post... in other words B_U_M_P

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

(Alright. I'm a-freakin' tired of the forums slowdown coupled with my complete inability to log in for a week at a time thanks to interlag/duty rotations. It's getting really, really annoying and I really want to get this module past the first room. Stand by for me to whip up an InvisionFree board for us to run this game on.)
    (EDIT: Here it is.)

Quote Originally Posted by YarTheBug View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    WooHoo!! Welcome back Sol! Glad you're feeling better. I just went through hacking, coughing, sinus stuff. But Arkansas' "winter" doesn't hold to what you guys have been talking about.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I was originally stationed in Ft Wainwright, AK. Temperature can range from -70 (yes, I have gone out and swept snow in -70-degree weather, yes, I did enjoy it) to high nineties, breaking the 100-degree mark once in a while. The worst I've seen in a single day is -30 in the morning, 90 in the afternoon, -20 at night. Our motto? "Suck it up, you know you love it."
    I actually did like it. We had good enough gear that I was never uncomfortably cold, and I never get sick in winter, just in spring. Spring sucks. Spring in Iraq lasts for approximately... Geez, when does the drought season start?

Glamroth
    Spoiler
    Show
    Brace yourself for a rather pathetic Elf Secret Door Sense:
    [roll0]
    Curiously, you discover something's there by pulling the carpet off. It's a rather obvious 'secret' trap door in the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Pur[E] View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ok, not to be a douchebag, but didn't we just open the door on the northern wall of the room we're in...and it's somehow the north door for this hallway. Is it some sort of paradox, matrix type door, or was that a gaff, or am I terrible at picturing it so I'm imagining some mistake. Seriously, not meant in a jackass-y way.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't mind when you ask me about something. Yar peeked through the door, so I gave a description was in the room. All I have to say about the nonlinear geometry is... Dimensional rifts are fun.
    Last edited by Solaris; 2009-02-24 at 07:08 AM.
    My latest homebrew: Majokko base class and Spellcaster Dilettante feats for D&D 3.5 and Races as Classes for PTU.

Currently Playing
    Raiatari Eikibe - Ghostfoot's RHOD Righteous Resistance

15. - Top - End - #135
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Whats scary is that I have charaters that can survive that, they'll be unhappy and in a stabby mood but they could survive.

Glamroth
    Levels his epic wand of fireball at the sleeping maid...
    [roll0]

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm just making sure that EVERYONE knows this thread is still active and the minimum word count is made for this post... in other words B_U_M_P

16. - Top - End - #136
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Glamroth

Looks hopefully at the trapdoor, then at Vahn, then looks around for Falcon. "I could search for traps the 'fighter' way, but I'd rather save my healings for more combat oriented uses."

Spoiler
    Show
    @ Vahn - That's what evasion is for. You can be in a stabby mood and keep your cheery disposition!