New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Disgaea

1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Disgaea

Tani

"Hey, they are stealing our stuff!" Tani says as she sees the line of looters carrying off their bling.

"I'll deal with them... Boris Badinove's Bazooka Nogoodnik!" She holds her staff in hand and there is a brief transformation sequence before the staff turns into a bazooka. Tani aims toward the highest concentration of enemy units and squeezes the trigger.

A little black missile with a nasty shark-toothed smile launches out of the gun, doing a few anime-missile zig zags before blowing up in the center of the target group! It won't kill them but if effective it should leave them nice and tenderized for when the group starts taking prisoners.

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative: (1d20+2)[5]

Force Orb - range 20 squares (or 100 feet)
    all attacks vs reflex

Primary Target attack: (1d20+6)[26]
    Primary Target damage: (2d8+6)[17]

then the shrapnel hits against enemies adjacent to the primary target

Secondary Target damage: (1d10+6)[13]

Secondary Target 1 attack: (1d20+6)[16]
    Secondary Target 2 attack: (1d20+6)[22]
    Secondary Target 3 attack: (1d20+6)[7]
    Secondary Target 4 attack: (1d20+6)[24]
    Secondary Target 5 attack: (1d20+6)[22]
    Secondary Target 6 attack: (1d20+6)[13]
    Secondary Target 7 attack: (1d20+6)[24]
    Secondary Target 8 attack: (1d20+6)[17]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Tani

Spoiler
    Show

Woah, natural 20!

Okay, I'm using a Saff of Ruin from adventurers vault so I add an extra 1d10 to the damage to the Primary target in addition to the max damage from the critical.

(1d10)[1]

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

Flumph

:FacePalm: "So much for the plan, Alright wade in folks it looks like a brawl it is!"

Also remember everybody gets a +2 to init from being vaugely near me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    initiative=1d20+9=13
    Last edited by DMfromTheAbyss; 2009-01-19 at 12:02 AM.
    Battle Aura by Tavin Mars
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    I Will Let My Presence Be Felt
    To The Utmost of My Ability
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

The thieves are surprised by Inazuma and Leo's call. They look at each other, wondering what to do before Tani pulls out her bazooka and answers the question for them.

As the weapon is deployed and aimed at them, they have that look on their eyes that can be summed up with the following word: Crap. They are too shocked to move as the rocket flies towards them and explodes, sending them all flying in the air.

You can see other thieves in the castle that take a look at the scene and have the "Holy **** !" look on their faces. They all pull out weapons and disperse so that the group would have to go in the castle to pursue them.

It seems any chances of negociations went away with the rocket.

Spoiler
    Show
    ooc: I'll accept the roles you have had ths turn, but in the future, I, the DM, will do all the roles for you. We'll also keep these initiative scores for now. By the way, Randel, great description for the attack.
    "I'd say I need an air to surface missile, but no one should need an air to surface missile. That should be firmly under wants and desires." Gordon Freeman

5. - Top - End - #65

Leo feels divided by his urge to go inside the castle to punish the evil doers, and knowing that running inside a building filled with enemies may end up with him bleeding badly on the floor. Deciding it's in his best effort to keep his half brothers and sister alive to take out the thieves, Leo raises up his hand in the air.

Oh emperor of light, come forth and protect your children with thy golden armor! HOLY DIVINE SHIELD I !

With this words, several shperes of pure golden light form inside Leo's hand, wich then spheres fly to each of the party members, sudenly growing in size and enveloping them in a yellow scintilating bubble.

Let's go all! If we work togheter our combined spirits cannot fail! I'll be just behind you!

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting shield of faith to give all the party +2 AC for this ecounter. Then following the party member who's brave enough to enter the castle first.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2009-02-11 at 03:38 PM.

6. - Top - End - #66

Flumph

"Alright everybody Form up and stay close! Soldiers close off the area. You only have to keep the Rebels from escaping. We have a few surprises we want to share with our "new friends" and this should be an excellent chance to see what everyone is capable of. Lets go! hut hut move it, healers magic and range in the back, melee to the front."

Talthas then positions himself in the second rank and proceeds to try to boss people into something at least vaugely resembling a formation.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Can we get some sort of a map or other description of the battlefield, enemy positions and numbers, and such? Also, it's not a big deal, but I prefer when players get to roll their dice - it just feels better that way.

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Tani

Tani nods and moves to the back of the group, shouldering her magic bazooka. Touching a spot on side, she infuses some arcane energy into it, effectivly reloading the weapon. The next time she fires it, it will launch a nasty electro-net that should give the thieves a nasty shock.

"Alright, now they retreated into the castle. If we keep on the offense we might be able to get them to retreat into the dungeon!" she says, moderatly proud of her tactics so far. "Eh, we do have a dungeon, right?" she asks Jack.

Spoiler
    Show
    The electro-net would be the bazooka-mage equivelent to Shock Sphere.

I'm thinking that to replace her Illusionary Assailant at-will power, she'll do something like fire teddy bears or Scrappy Doo clones at the enemy. Maybe even Navi's from Ocarina of Time.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #69
    Pixie in the Playground

Angelique looked with some disgruntlement at her military-sounding brother, but she couldn't find a reason to object at the moment, so she went to the back. Her hands glowed with blue fire and she forgot her irritation as she prepared to unleash it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Waiting until an enemy gets in range, then she'll hit 'em with Starfire.

10. - Top - End - #70

Flumph

So the Formation hopefully looking something like
    Kale Inazuma
    Leo Talthas
    Tani Angelique

Enhanced with a Shield of Faith we progress into the first combat stage.

"Remember to stay close for team attacks and healing...Unless of course they have wizards. In which case we use standard tactic 001 Kill the wizard(s) first. Tani, remember friendly fire isn't, Kale, get your transformation done BEFORE we see the enemies. Everybody set and GO GO GO!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Tani

"All right then, lets rock and roll!"

Tani moves in formation with the others, readying her electro-net shot to fire at the next group of enemies she sees.
    Spoiler
    Show