New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Evil cleric

1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

Default Evil cleric

Happy new year to you all, my first post of the new year.

In an up coming campagin I want to play a evil cleric that can create an undead army. Will be starting at 1st level and dont have any stats yet, I just need a few ideas of feats to take to boost up my caster level when casting animate dead, because the higher the caster level the more undead I can have.
    I have had a few ideas of my own like taking the evil domain to boost the caster level up but is there a second one I can take??
    But I have not seen any feats out there or magic items.

So can any one help???

Cheers all
    101 things you dont want your apprentice to say:

12. "I finally shot that owl that's been following you around!"

75. (Loudly) "WHAT AN ILLUSION, MASTER! THE STORM GIANT WILL * NEVER * FIGURE THAT OUT!"

108. "Don't feel bad, boss. At least the OTHER demon didn't break free!"

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Evil cleric

Libris Mortis might have a few...

Look at page 59.

Nothing for increasing number of HD, but plenty to buff your undead when you get them.

On page 60, Arcane Thesis will jump the caster level of one spell by +2 as well as cheapen metamagic on it. Spell Thematics allows you to jump the caster level of a small selection of spells by +1 each.
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2009-01-12 at 05:36 AM.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

People say True Necromancer is awful, but I've seen one in action and it can be pretty powerful. Spell casting is weakened (since it's a duel-progression class), but your abilities to raise and control undead allow you to just focus on spells to buff your army (Inflict spells, which you can cast spontaniously, Necromancy spells, etc).

As afroakuma said, check out Libris Mortis, as the entire book is about Undead.
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Proud member of the "I Love Anyway" Club

Thank you, Ceika, so much for the avatar!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kesnit View Post
    People say True Necromancer is awful, but I've seen one in action and it can be pretty powerful. Spell casting is weakened (since it's a duel-progression class), but your abilities to raise and control undead allow you to just focus on spells to buff your army (Inflict spells, which you can cast spontaniously, Necromancy spells, etc).
    But you lose out on Rebuking, and by the time the class attempts to make up for it, it's already become mostly useless.
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2009-01-12 at 09:35 AM.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

Wanna see what all this Exalted stuff is about? Here's a primer!