New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Rutskarn's Roly-Poly Rebellious and Rejected Random Banter #110

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post

and

Incest is against human nature. But, then...maybe so is the internet...
    So, good Draggers, are clothes and polio vaccines.

And I'm guessing we've had incest a lot longer than those.

(This is partially kidding)
    Last edited by Rutskarn; 2009-01-02 at 07:19 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

You know, Jibar posting some of his work makes me want to post something I've been (slowly) working on.

Jibar, good stuff, by the way.

Dividing these into sections. They're probably too small to be considered 'chapters', really.

Part 1
    Spoiler
    Show
    Am I a monster?

The little girl stirred under her covers, discomfort written on her face. It was a deep, soundless night outside of her window, frost slowly gathering around the edges of the glass. Occasionally, a light breeze would blow past, whistling through the trees. A full moon shined brightly in the starry sky.
    Again, she stirred, her thoughts trapped inside a dream. Nothing but a simple nightmare. To any other person, the bad dream would dissipate, the second it reached its climax. Then they would awake, maybe in a cold sweat, relieved that the dream had not been a reality.
    This little creature would not be relieved once she awoke, however. As the nightmare raged on inside her head, the girl’s body began to change, as if it were triggered by her fear. Black hair started to cover her entire body, and sharp claws replaced her small, delicate fingers. Both of her ears grew long and pointed, and her voice snarled as her mouth began to shape into a muzzle, ferocious teeth appearing inside of it. The now beastly little girl continued to stir, now more fiercely, as the nightmare was reaching its climax. She opened her eyes and sat up with a start. Looking into the mirror across the room, she saw the beast that she had become. An ear-splitting scream erupted from her mouth, but it sounded less like a scream, and more like an awful growling noise. It almost sounded like she was howling.
    “Andy!” A deep voice called out. “Andy, are you alri -”
    A large, burly man burst into her room. His face was partially covered by his messy chocolate hair. As his yellow eyes strayed over to the terrified creature, he soon came to realize the situation. He held his hands out in an embrace, speaking in a comforting voice.
    “Come here, Andy. It’s gonna be okay.”
    She scrambled out of her bed frantically, moving toward the man, seeking comfort. Jumping into his embrace, she managed to wrap her short, furry arms around the man’s thick neck. As she hugged him tight, her claws dug into his upper back. The man winced, but he bit through the pain.
    “Daddy!” The beast-girl cried, her voice still growling. “What’s happening?! Why do I look like a monster?!”
    “Just relax, pup. You’ll be okay. You just need to calm down. Take a deep breath. . .”
    Slowly but surely, her panic faded away, and her body reverted into its original state. She clung to the man, tears streaming down her eyes as he rubbed her back gently. He started to carry her down the hall when a woman appeared. She had long raven hair and soft brown eyes.
    “Is everything alright, Russel?” She asked.
    “It’s nothing, dear. Andromeda just had a little nightmare. We’re gonna go outside for some air.” As he walked past, the woman noticed the tears in his shirt, and some blood trickling down. She seemed to understand what had happened. Yawning slightly, she walked back to her room and shut the door.
    The stairs creaked as Russel carried her down the stairs and into the living room. He grabbed a blanket that was lying on the couch, and draped it over the little girl. The fresh night air nipped at their faces as he opened the sliding glass door that lead to the porch. Pulling up a lawn chair, he set himself down, setting Andromeda on his knee. Her hands hung on to his shirt, and she did not loosen her grip.
    “Daddy. . .”
    “Hm? What is it, Andy?”
    “Am. . . Am I a monster?”
    Russel chuckled, almost amused by the question. “Of course not, pup.”
    “B-But, I had fur, and claws, a-and -”
    “You’re a werewolf, Andy. Just like your old man.” Russel extended his arm over her, and took in a deep breath. Soon, his own arm began to grow brown fur, and huge claws extended from his fingertips. Andromeda wasn’t frightened; in fact, she was enthralled by this. He took in another breath, and the arm returned to normal.
    “You’re just a pup right now, but once you get older, you’ll be able to control it. Little squirts like you can sometimes transform if you’re angry, or upset, or scared. Especially if your favorite moon is out.”
    “Favorite moon?” Andromeda looked up to the full moon, which was as bright as ever.
    “M’hm. Every werewolf has a favorite moon that makes them stronger. Ours is the full moon.” The two of them both looked up at the sky, admiring the glistening beauty of it.
    “Now listen, pup,” he said, his tone changing into a serious one. “Other people, well, they’re afraid of us. They don’t quite understand what we are. Some people think that we want to hurt other people.”
    “But you would never do something like that!”
    “I know, I know. It’s just that some people let fear take over themselves.” He trailed off, a sad look on his face. It was as if he had been referring to someone he knew personally in his last statement. But he soon broke away from his thoughts, and spoke to his daughter again. “Now, I want you to know something, pup. You have to be very careful about this secret. There are some people who know about us already, and have accepted us. But not everyone is going to right away. You be cautious, okay?”
    “Okay, daddy. . .” Andromeda’s eyes began to grow heavy, and her body slumped against his chest. He chuckled a bit.
    “You ready for bed now, Andy?”
    “M’hm. . .”
    Picking her up again, he brought her back into the house and back upstairs to her bedroom. Once she had completely fallen asleep, Russel slowly closed the door behind him, so that he wouldn’t disturb her dreams.
    “Don’t worry, Andy. Someday, we won’t have to hide anymore.”

Part 2
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thirteen years had passed since then. For those thirteen years, Russel was able to hide his true identity, as well as his daughter’s. For those thirteen years, her mother, Genevieve, performed as the star acrobat in the Cirque du Soleil. And for those thirteen years, Andromeda was truly content with her life.
    The Wolfwoods were not the only family that knew about the effects of the Nightmare Wave. There was a family that lived a few blocks down from them, the Ackarts. Virginia Ackart was a mage, as well as her daughter, Cassie. The two of them were also a part of the circus in Montreal, thus the two families were inseparable. Although her powers varied, Virginia mainly used her magic for levitation purposes. Accidents were bound to happen with a show entirely based on acrobatics, so her magic, though not always necessary, was quite useful during practice or rehearsals. With levitation being her main skill, her animal familiar reflected this aspect, and became the shape of a white dove. It comfortably sat on her shoulder, always at its master’s side.
    Cassie, her daughter, didn’t really specialize in any kind of magic. Her skills were many, including attacking her enemies, healing and shielding her allies, or just playing silly pranks on anyone she happened to pass by. Her familiar was a speckled rabbit, which she named Checkers. Checkers was a reflection of Cassie’s excited and jumpy personality, as opposed to a specific skill she had. Her and Andromeda were extremely close, and did everything together. They each had their own ways of annoying each other, though. For Andromeda, she could easily irritate her friend by poking fun at her thick glasses, or how she put her long, brown hair into silly-looking braided pigtails. Cassie, on the other hand, poked fun at her friend’s more beastly side. She accomplished this by either comparing her behaviors to that of a dog, or just by howling whenever she saw the full moon. Being obnoxious to each other was just one way they showed how much they liked one another.
    Another good friend of the family was Moe Murrell. He was a man in his early twenties who worked backstage at the circus. When the first Nightmare Wave hit, Moe was only a few months old. Both of his parents remained human, but the poor infant was transformed into a werewolf. They didn’t know about it at first, until he had a nightmare at the age of three. He reverted to his hybrid form while still dreaming, and frightened his parents half to death. Afterwards, his father would never look at him the same again. He hated his son, more than anything. His mother still cared for him, though. She was able to see past the primal spirit. At the age of 16, Moe’s father finally kicked him out of the house and onto the streets. But all was not lost for him, because his mother sent him money behind her husband’s back. Eventually, he found a stable job and a place to live on his own. He later found out that his parents finally divorced each other due to their differences. Despite all that had happened to him, he was still a funny, easy-going guy. To Andromeda, he was like an older brother. Her family connected with him very well also, especially her father.
    When Andromeda was seventeen, she met the love of her life, Sirius Stone. At first glance, he seemed awfully timid. She could tell, when he first asked her out on a date, that he was scared stiff. As time passed, he opened up more, and revealed himself as a very compassionate person. Cassie couldn’t resist pulling pranks on him, but Sirius would just laugh along with them. Some instances, he couldn’t believe what had happened. It was as if some of the pranks were magic. Moe seemed to take a liking to Sirius, too. Though occasionally he would poke fun at his skinny build, as he himself was quite muscular. Everyone learned to accept Sirius, but none of them shared their true identity with them. It would take a great deal of trust before any of them even considered telling him their secrets.
    The first seventeen years of Andromeda’s life were next to perfect. She became an acrobat, like her mother. She had close friends. She believed that she had found the person she wanted to spend the rest of her life with. But as soon as she hit her eighteenth year, things began to change.

Part 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    “Oh, come on, Cassie. I look like a cucumber.”
    Andromeda walked out of the dressing room, wearing a deep green dress that had a complicated pattern on it. Any sensible person wouldn’t pick out a dress like this. She raised an eyebrow at her friend, clearly not amused by her antics.
    Cassie snickered under her breath. “I think it looks fabulous.” She nudged Moe, who was sitting in the chair beside her, half-asleep. “Don’t you think so?”
    “Wha. . . Oh god, she does look like a cucumber. Cassie, you picked that out just to spite her, didn’t you?”
    “Maaaaybe,” she replied, trying to look as innocent as possible.
    Andy just rolled her eyes, and went back into the dressing room. “This is why I never take you shopping, Cassie.”
    “Well, we wouldn’t have to be here in the first place, but you insisted that you needed a new dress.”
    “Well, tomorrow is my first year anniversary with Sirius! I want to look nice. He’s taking me out to a fancy restaurant and everything. Okay, now, what’s this white one here. . .”
    Moe yawned. “Do I really have to be here? Shopping really isn’t my thing.”
    “She needs a man’s perspective, Moe,” Cassie said. “Besides, she doesn’t appreciate my sense of style.” A smirk spread across her face.
    “Right.” He remarked sarcastically, looking over at the pile of rejected clothing. Some of the dresses in the pile looked alright; they just didn’t appear to fit. Some of them looked atrocious, however. One had tacky flowers all over it. It looked like something a grandmother would wear. Another one was pink with black polka-dots. It was easy to tell which ones had been picked out by Cassie.
    The door opened again, and she walked out, donning her regular clothes. She held up a white sleeveless dress, with a poofy lower section. “There is no way you are making me put this on,” She said, raising an eyebrow at Cassie.
    “Suit yourself,” she replied. “I would wear it.”
    “Bull****.” She shut the door behind her. A few minutes passed, and she came out again, only this time she was wearing a beautiful crimson dress that went down just past her knees.
    “Now that is stunning,” Moe said, clearly impressed.
    “See, now aren’t you glad you took me shopping with you?” Cassie remarked with a wide smile.
    “What are you talking about? I picked this one.”
    With the dress now picked out, Andromeda changed back into her street clothes, and the trio approached the counter to pay. Once that was settled, they left the boutique and started walking over to Moe’s apartment, chattering along the way. When they were about halfway there, they passed an old cathedral. For the longest time, it had been rundown and abandoned. Some of the locals would say that the place was haunted, but most people chose not to believe it. But lately, it looked a lot better than it had before. The windows were being replaced, the graffiti was being removed, and the overall creepiness of it was disappearing.
    “Huh,” Andromeda said, looking up at the big stained-glass window above them. “They really cleaned up the place, whoever bought it off.”
    “I wouldn’t if I were them,” Cassie replied, trying to sound spooky. “The place is haunted. Soon they’ll all be possessed!”
    “Oh, cut it out. No one believes that crap.” Moe rolled his eyes, and ruffled up Cassie’s hair.
    Then something caught Andromeda’s eye. There was a small disk laying on the ground. It was some kind of clip-on button. Reaching down, she picked it up and turned it right-side up. “Look at this,” she told her friends. The button had a red eye on it, with a cross inside the iris. Gold lines surrounded the eye, making it look like a sun.
    “What the heck is it?” Moe asked.
    “I dunno. It looks like a religious symbol of some sort.”
    “Maybe it’s for a suicide cult!” Cassie exclaimed.
    “Who knows. I don’t like it, though. . .” Andromeda seemed weary. The more she stared at it, the more eerie it looked. It had a menacing gaze, as if it knew something about her, and was abhorred by it. Finally, she tossed the button back onto the ground, no longer wanting to look at it. “Let’s just go.”
    They left the old church and arrived at Moe’s apartment. For the rest of the day, the mysterious glaring eye would not leave Andromeda’s thoughts.

-Slayer Draco Doll by Recaiden

3. - Top - End - #33
    Firbolg in the Playground

Well...there's only around 60 or so fics containing myself (either as myself or Mi'ir) with Mordokai...so I'd say you're right.

Though I feel kinda obligated to point out that the only time anything really happened was when Thufir wrote one...

...with hilarious results.

4. - Top - End - #34

Oh dear...

I think my work has put everyone in this thread into a temporary coma.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't think that's the problem, Slayer.

I've been making dinner.

I had a rant I was coinsidering posting but I can't seem to remember what it was.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

I don't think that's the problem, Slayer.

I've been making dinner.

I had a rant I was coinsidering posting but I can't seem to remember what it was.
    Did it involve quiche, fruitcake, canned bacon, hyenas, player-killers, player haterz, the Imperium, anime, Niels Bohr, Socrates, sock puppets, or kick the can?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    Did it involve quiche, fruitcake, canned bacon, hyenas, player-killers, player haterz, the Imperium, anime, Niels Bohr, Socrates, sock puppets, or kick the can?
    It involved homemade pizza.

8. - Top - End - #38

It involved homemade pizza.
    Strange, that's what I had for dinner tonight...

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

i was going to make the thread title adjectives using various two-letter sounds...
    1. three08's chummy shocking phosphorescent random banter
    2. three08's phantasmal churlish shanghaied random banter
    3. three08's shapely phasmidal chordate random banter
    4. ....
    5. PROFIT!

but alas, 'twas not to be.... *tear*
    reno dakota there's not an iota of kindness in you
    you know you enthrall me and yet you don't call me it's making me blue
    (pantone 292)

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

I haven't had that in a long time. Any good?

My ideal pizza has thin crust, almost no sauce, and heavy pepperoni. Maybe some pineapple, if I'm in the mood. I'm pretty picky about my food.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I'm back fom my new year's go to your grandma's house and srink as much champagne as you can while you keep the kids happy beacause you are the only one who can actually play with them without making them cry or hit you!
    I WAS THERE
    Life is like a dungeon master, if it smiles at you, you just know that something terrible is about to happen

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Sane.... isn't the word I'd use with you, Coplantor. Or myself, in fact. With myself, I'd say obssessive. With you, I'd say.... Coplantor.

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Coplantor View Post
    Well, I'm back fom my new year's go to your grandma's house and srink as much champagne as you can while you keep the kids happy beacause you are the only one who can actually play with them without making them cry or hit you!
    That sounds...pleasant.

So, what are your plans avatar-wise? Kind of a holiday look, isn't it?

(Good to have you back, by the way)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

The party avatar is just a metaphore, represtenting a cybernetical hung over, what happens "after" and at the same time "during" the action, therefore, I'm living a constant present and future.

Or it might be that I'm just lazy.
    I WAS THERE
    Life is like a dungeon master, if it smiles at you, you just know that something terrible is about to happen

Spoiler
    Show
    Sane.... isn't the word I'd use with you, Coplantor. Or myself, in fact. With myself, I'd say obssessive. With you, I'd say.... Coplantor.

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

14. - Top - End - #44
    Barbarian in the Playground

My family is from Italy, and my grandmother makes homemade pizza, so I am very picky for what pizza qualifies as good.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

My pizza was homemade bread crust (fairly thick I suppose, thicker than usual, in fact), tomato sauce, mushrooms, onions, pineapple, imitation crab (don't laugh), and soy cheese.

'twas yummy.

My brothers had bacon and cheese. They're not in to complexity.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Killersquid View Post
    My family is from Italy, and my grandmother makes homemade pizza, so I am very picky for what pizza qualifies as good.
    Same goes for me, my mother makes the best pizza ever, EVER! And trust me, even during some time while I hated my mom, I still loooooved her pizza. My brother makes good pizza also, and I should really learn how to.
    I WAS THERE

Spoiler
    Show

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

17. - Top - End - #47
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

My biggest requirement for good pizza is quality ingredients. And a good flavor for the cheese. One of the unfortunate things about this most favored of foods is that there can be very high quality cheese which, unfortunately, tastes like it was attacked by a yak. Ah, subjectivity.

I have come up with a new form of torture, inadvertently... Dear Lord... It just won't stop savaging my feet and then tickling and then biticing and clawing and argh... It's all I can do to keep from accidentally bashing its brains in....
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-01-02 at 09:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

18. - Top - End - #48
    Barbarian in the Playground

My grandmother's number one rule to cooking is not to measure anything. I don't know why. Her pizza is still great though.
    Last edited by Killersquid; 2009-01-02 at 09:19 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't measure, either. It makes it really hard to share recipes.

"How much sugar do you add?"

Me: "Well...I have this one spoon...and I add two spoonfuls from it...but if I use this other spoon, it's three...."

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Killersquid View Post
    My grandmother's number one rule to cooking is not to measure anything. I don't know why. Her pizza is still great though.
    My mother never measures anythin when she cooks, she just knows how much is enough, that's the ain difference between her cooking style and mine, I just need to know the exact amount of ingredients.
    I WAS THERE

Spoiler
    Show

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

21. - Top - End - #51

Huh. Doesn't look like I'll be getting any feedback on my writing. I was hoping that if I did get some, I would feel motivated enough to write more.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't measure, either. It makes it really hard to share recipes.

"How much sugar do you add?"

Me: "Well...I have this one spoon...and I add two spoonfuls from it...but if I use this other spoon, it's three...."

Thats why I like to Bar Bee Que opposed to cooking . And plus, Bar Bee Que-ing gives an excuse to play with fire!

Anyways, I'm back from the basketball game guys. Navy won!!
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

I suspect you'd be more likely to get feedback if you posted it in the Arts and Crafts section.

I would give you some, but I haven't yet had time to read it...been in and out, in and out, in and out...

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ooo! Pizza talk! I like pizza. Iv'e never had homemade though. Well, I have, but not REAL homemade. I like pizza.
    Well wasn't that fun? Daaaaandyliens...
    Spoiler
    Show
    If anyone would like to make me a banner with my elven druid dude in a dandelion field making dandelion chains, that'd be.....nice.....

25. - Top - End - #55
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer Draco View Post
    Huh. Doesn't look like I'll be getting any feedback on my writing. I was hoping that if I did get some, I would feel motivated enough to write more.
    Is just a shock, y'know? Hmm. Fine. I'll go ahead and read it. But if this comes out to longer than 5 pages I'm going to expect you to finally ask someone out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

26. - Top - End - #56

I suspect you'd be more likely to get feedback if you posted it in the Arts and Crafts section.

I would give you some, but I haven't yet had time to read it...been in and out, in and out, in and out...
    You're probably right, but I didn't want to run it by that forum just yet, because I haven't edited a lot of what I have now, and what I've posted so far is only the beginning.

Edit -

@Coidzor: ... Goddamn you.
    Last edited by Neko Toast; 2009-01-02 at 09:31 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

You're probably right, but I didn't want to run it by that forum just yet, because I haven't edited a lot of what I have now, and what I've posted so far is only the beginning.
    Makes sense.

I m'self am basically rewriting my NaNoNovel. Or, at least, much of it...there are many parts that I will just tweak, but I'm compressing the first two weeks of story into a three-day period to add a little urgency to the proceedings....

See, I wrote the first 50,000 words in four days. And so it's kind of crap.

I'm aiming for a chapter a day. Half a chapter, even.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

I know exactly how you feel.

Draco, I apologize for not doing so earlier, but I promise that I will read and comment on your work within the evening.

Depending on where you are, that might be morning for you. But no matter!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Allysian View Post
    Ooo! Pizza talk! I like pizza. Iv'e never had homemade though. Well, I have, but not REAL homemade. I like pizza.
    I almost only eat home made food. I can cook quite delicious pasta I must say. And what my mother can do with just a few ingredients is unbelievable.
    I WAS THERE

Spoiler
    Show

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

30. - Top - End - #60

Makes sense.

I m'self am basically rewriting my NaNoNovel. Or, at least, much of it...there are many parts that I will just tweak, but I'm compressing the first two weeks of story into a three-day period to add a little urgency to the proceedings....

See, I wrote the first 50,000 words in four days. And so it's kind of crap.

I'm aiming for a chapter a day. Half a chapter, even.
    Heheh. That reminds me of the short story I wrote back in August. I wrote about 10 pages (really only 5; I double-spaced it) in one day, and chugged out 6 more pages the next. I did some major editing, and it was still crap. I had wrote it on a whim, so it wasn't planned out very well.