New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61

Default Re: Post apocalyptic Eberron group 2

The scanvenging from the burned and desecrated bodies reveals the following stuff that may be worth something:

Spoiler
    Show

2900 SP
    500 GP
    Silver ring
    Four granite dices
    Nine thunderstones
    two scrolls
    12 daggers
    12 Leather armors

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

RogueGuy

Does any of it set off the detect magic or appear to be masterwork?
    Annoying Gamer says - Hollywood is sooooooooo unoriginal. Hey, check out my dual wielding drow Drazzit!

Annoying Gamer says - My level 1 character's background is pretty complex. After fighting in the three great wars, he was forced to return home and kill an elder dragon single handily.

3. - Top - End - #63

(Ah, forgot that. Besides the scrolls, none are magic or seem masterwork)

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

The fire giant spasms and with loud cracking of bones and shifting of muscle mass the giant reassumes the form of a mere kobold. He replaces the blade within its sheathe and descends to land near the halflings he had seared earlier. In his small yapping voice he glances around quickly, "All okay? Anyone need limbs reattached? Mal likes ripping off limbs and putting them back, yup yup." He contemplates illustrating the point by removing his arm and then replacing it, but that'd probably take too long.
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

5. - Top - End - #65

After this little derail, the group keeps moving towards the location given them, and finnally reaches it whitout more derails. A grey stone house in a small street, wich seems no diferent than the others at their side. The windows are reinforced with metal bars and the curtains behind are pulled. The only visible acess is a robust looking green wooden door. Some people are passing by the street, but it is mostly empty.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Mal

The kobold resumes his stealth advance through the streets, keeping himself ahead of the others that he can see. He will take the time to turn random objects invisible if anything fun catches his eye but will otherwise hurry along. Once they arrive at the door he will attempt to fly up and towards it, spewing a few quick draconic syllables.

Spoiler
    Show
    Magic Insight for a detect magic effect.

Senses Aura back up. All w/in 30ft get +2 Spot/Listen/Init
    Spot: (1d20+2)[10]
    Listen: (1d20+4)[11]

Mal is actually flying about an inch off the ground, negating tremorsense and possibly making him harder to hear. He will attempt to keep invisibility up at all times.

A hide check: (1d20+22)[27] Does not take into account what speed he is moving at. Does not count +20 for moving while invisible.
    To move silently: (1d20+4)[10] This is base, not accounting for his movement speed.

He has a 40ft good fly speed. So he can pretty much always move between half and full speed (a -5 penalty to stealth) to keep up.
    Last edited by Tacitus; 2009-01-19 at 11:53 PM.
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Kalaros

"I could... stick my head through the door."

8. - Top - End - #68

RogueGuy

Kalen

"Wait, through the door like you'd open it and peak in . . . or literally through it? Because that would be much more entertaining."
    Annoying Gamer says - Hollywood is sooooooooo unoriginal. Hey, check out my dual wielding drow Drazzit!

Annoying Gamer says - My level 1 character's background is pretty complex. After fighting in the three great wars, he was forced to return home and kill an elder dragon single handily.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Kalaros

"Barring any weird materials or ectoplasmic enchantments within that door, I feel rather confident that I could put my head through it. In a far more effective manner than some random berserker, mind you." He approaches the door and sticks a hand through to test it. Then he tries to stik his head through to look around inside.

10. - Top - End - #70

RogueGuy

Kalen

Sighs. "That wasn't nearly as entertaining as what I was hoping for . . . . maybe we should just knock. They are expecting a delivery I believe."

11. - Top - End - #71

Besides the lamps lighting the streets there doesn't seem to be any other magic effect nearby, but all the rocks and buildings could perfectly be blocking magic auras inside the houses.

Kalaros manages to perfectly go trough the door, but seems like any ordinary house corridor on the other side. It's relatively clean and the furniture sugest a person of good but not exceptional economic standing with a taste for simplicity. Except for the particular bugbear skin carpet just after the door.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Kalaros

"MMPH! SPLARGHH!" His legs flail around behind him and suddenly he hits the ground, still halfway through the door.

After a while, he picks himself up again and laughs. "It's all clear."

13. - Top - End - #73

RogueGuy

Kalen

Kalen shrugs and says "Well get ready just in case." He pulls out his bow, but not an arrow and then knocks on the door.

14. - Top - End - #74

(ok, gonna try ressurect this)
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2009-01-29 at 10:19 AM.

15. - Top - End - #75

Kalen knocks on the door, but for several moments nothing happens. Then you start to hear steps. Big steps. From around a corner a menancing group aproaches. Two ogres wielding glaives and protected by tick plating flank a pair of beatifull drows in fine black expensive suits with several jewels, a female and a male, both with silver air. The male keeps it's head down, but the female walks with it's head high in an arrogant and defying pose. They however don't bear any visible insignia or symbol. The few walkers on the street, seeing them, quickly run away to other alleys, as if sudenly afraid.

If the party doesn't do anything, the ogres and drows slowly aproach them. The female takes a step forward(but keeping in reach of the ogre's glaives) and says with her red lips:

I think you got the wrong number dears...Nobody lives here anymore. Perhaps you should go somewhere else? They say it's dangerous around here...

Altough she's smiling, you can clearly feel a tone of agression under her voice, as if she was telling you to get out of there. And she also seems to be perfectly able to see the invisible members of the party.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2009-01-29 at 10:57 AM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Kalaros

"Well! We have something to deliver here. The sender did not mention anything about anyone living here or not - that's beside the point. And we killed a whole bunch of people on the way over, along with knocking around some demons. So..."