New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: TwoBitWriter's Tubular Tracts of Thought-Talking Random Banter #111

Quote Originally Posted by Coplantor View Post

EDIT: @^Actually, if you dont pay your whores then we will porobably talking about one of the previous topics agaim but hey! You'll be able to perform that high kick you always wanted right?
    I taught detesticulation to one pimp, he taught 3 friends, HE taught 3 friends, now they're deadly with sharpened spoons.

What have I done.
    Nobody helped me in any way, shape or form with this avatar, I found it in a child's shoe.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eh, Why use spoons when you can KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Seriously. Fire has yet to steer me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

Ice & Monotremes > Spoons > Fire.

Well known fact.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

yeah, but that's why you use more fire. That way it evens out.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

5. - Top - End - #185
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    yeah, but that's why you use more fire. That way it evens out.
    Logic! Aha!
    Nobody helped me in any way, shape or form with this avatar, I found it in a child's shoe.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CutePoison View Post
    Logic! Aha!
    Oh no...

LOGIC!

MY ONE WEAKNESS!

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey! Daddy Tooby has his own thread! Look what happens while I'm off schoolin'....

I've been doing experiments with copper and acids and zinc and water and I'm BEAT.

@Sneak: You have a serious thing for ice and monotremes, huh?

Edit: What is with that little "new post" button above all quotes? Is that new or is it just me (and my new Firefox)?
    Last edited by Dragonrider; 2009-01-06 at 07:40 PM.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

Just you, as far as I can tell.

And this is getting absurd.
    I can't be my proper cynical self if y'all don't slow down.
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by wadledo View Post
    Just you, as far as I can tell.

And this is getting absurd.
    I can't be my proper cynical self if y'all don't slow down.
    It fixed itself.

Thank goodness.

You mean the thread? Yeah...I was going to get on GitP this morning and then I realized that I had BLARGH PSYCHOLOGY HOMEWORK and I didn't. Which was probably a good thing, because I would never have gotten it done...I would've just joined in.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

@Sneak: You have a serious thing for ice and monotremes, huh?
    How could I not? Do you DARE to deny the dual awesomes that are monotremes and ice?

And yeah, this thread is ridiculous.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

It fixed itself.

Thank goodness.

You mean the thread? Yeah...I was going to get on GitP this morning and then I realized that I had BLARGH PSYCHOLOGY HOMEWORK and I didn't. Which was probably a good thing, because I would never have gotten it done...I would've just joined in.
    I still have Psych stuff to do, and I just spent the last 4 hours blowing insulation into an attic while standing in 15* weather.

Spoiler
    Show
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ettin in the Playground

Exciting, Wadledo!

@Sneak: No, indeed, I was not doubting the awesomeness, merely observing that you clearly recognized it.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

Exciting, Wadledo!
    Meh, bugger it.
    I'm going to bake cookies and wonder why my Ex has been avoiding me while wasting time playing flash games until midnight when I'll finally get off my @$$ and do something constructive with my time.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #194
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by wadledo View Post
    I still have Psych stuff to do, and I just spent the last 4 hours blowing insulation into an attic while standing in 15* weather.
    You poor thing. You should sit down in a nice cushy armchair and have a big steaming mug of hot chocolate.
    My commiepuppy was a gift from BRC

Timeless Error stole all the things that I could possibly be mistaken for. *happy dances*

I made my avatar. If you want to see other stuff I made, click here.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

We all should, groundhog. Each and every one of us.

But we can't. Because there ain't no just'is.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ettin in the Playground

*sigh*

I'm in the midst of backing up my hard drive on DVDs so that I can wipe my computer and reinstall the operating system. FRICKIN' BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH! It keeps happening and clearly SOMETHING is wrong so I'm just starting over...

SIGH.

17. - Top - End - #197

NecromancerGuy

And I just barely managed to splice my power cord so that I can even use my computer. It's fun times.

Hot cocoa would be nice, but I just don't enjoy it without good company.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

I'm like that, except with movies.

I can barely ever enjoy a movie unless I'm watching it with somebody else. Watching it by myself feels hollow, somehow.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #199

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    I'm like that, except with movies.

I can barely ever enjoy a movie unless I'm watching it with somebody else. Watching it by myself feels hollow, somehow.
    Oh my god I hate that. It's just... What's the point? half the time. I mean, if it's good enough, I might get wrapped up enough in it to forget that I'm alone, but when I'm alone, watching a movie just seems so... unappealing...

Then again, I think I have one of those problems where I rely too much on external validation of my persona due to a mismatch of extroverted and introverted traits that came up to create me. out of pure evil.
    Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

*sigh*

I'm in the midst of backing up my hard drive on DVDs so that I can wipe my computer and reinstall the operating system. FRICKIN' BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH! It keeps happening and clearly SOMETHING is wrong so I'm just starting over...

SIGH.
    Is there any pattern to it crashing? Windows doesn't crash on it's own, it's a result of running into bad application code. Sometimes starting from scratch is easier than finding the problem, especially if a virus or worm has made it's way in, but often the problem can be solved by reinstalling whatever program is causing it to crash.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

Movies... I can watch a movie alone on TV, i never went to the movies alone, that's more than hollow, that's... hollowowow.

And about monotremes and ice, just picture me with the powers of sub zero, how much awesome than that can you get?
    I WAS THERE
    Life is like a dungeon master, if it smiles at you, you just know that something terrible is about to happen

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Sane.... isn't the word I'd use with you, Coplantor. Or myself, in fact. With myself, I'd say obssessive. With you, I'd say.... Coplantor.

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

Seeing a movie alone is definitely a different experience, but hollow? What's hollow about it? I admit I rarely go to the cinema, but if a comparison can be made, I go to see plays alone all the time; and I watch movies at home alone more often than not.

It appeals to me because after a powerful play, in the throes of the internal emotional aftermath, my reaction needs to bathe in silence and unfold for a while. Company generally precludes this very sacred state of being. Movies have a similar effect in different proportions.

Also, I like to feel free to cry during plays and movies, which I confess is easier sitting among strangers or alone than in familiar company. Generally. I guess there's some kinds of movies I'd rather see with others. Comedies, for sure. But there's definitely a lot I'd much rather see by myself and I have no angst sitting alone in a cinema or a theatre. Anything serious.

Am I wrong?
    No, Walter, you're just an *******.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2009-01-06 at 09:50 PM.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Seeing a movie alone is definitely a different experience, but hollow? What's hollow about it? I admit I rarely go to the cinema, but if a comparison can be made, I go to see plays alone all the time; and I watch movies alone more often than not.

It appeals to me because after a powerful play, in the throes of the internal emotional aftermath, my reaction needs to bathe in silence and unfold for a while. Company generally precludes this very sacred state of being. Movies have a similar effect in different proportions.

Also, I like to feel free to cry during plays and movies, which I confess is easier sitting among strangers or alone than in familiar company. Generally.

Am I wrong?
    No, Walter, you're just an *******.
    I agree with this.

I enjoy watching movies alone and watching movies with company, but they really are very different experiences. For me, at least. One is just about the movie, and one is about the outing.

Although I admit, I don't think I would ever go to a movie theater alone. When I watch movies alone, it's usually online.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ettin in the Playground

I applaud you, Kneen, for making my day. *huggles*

I talk too much in movies. I know. I'm horrible. >.<
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

And you should be ashamed of it Cobra.

I agree with you Knee, I remember all the effort I had to make to not to cry in front of my friends while watching forrest gump a couple of years ago. It was on TV though. And then again, I am such a cry baby about movies.
    I WAS THERE
    Life is like a dungeon master, if it smiles at you, you just know that something terrible is about to happen

Spoiler
    Show
    Sane.... isn't the word I'd use with you, Coplantor. Or myself, in fact. With myself, I'd say obssessive. With you, I'd say.... Coplantor.

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Seeing a movie alone is definitely a different experience, but hollow? What's hollow about it? I admit I rarely go to the cinema, but if a comparison can be made, I go to see plays alone all the time; and I watch movies at home alone more often than not.

I agree, you need to experience both! Try to go to a movie that seems good. Bring a friend o don't, it's up to you. I prefer going to movies with others and watching them alone at home. But sometimes I feel the opposite.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

I think it boils down to this: when I watch a movie with other people, especially people who've never seen it before, I feel like I'm unconsciously feeling their emotions as well. I'm imagining it from another perspective, and it seems richer to me.

On that note, I'm neurotic about said people actually watching the goddamn movie. If they've never seen it before, and they start doing work on the side and only occasionally glancing at the screen, my eye starts twitching.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, something similar happens to me, specially if it is a good movie. And even more if it is a good movie and they dont even give it a chance.

Let's see, good movies I recomended lateley: Metropolis (the original and the anime), adaptation, El milagro de P.Tinto (Awesome spanish movie, AWESOME).

What does this movies have in common? I recomended them to "normal" people, and none of them saw the movies, they either hooked up with a silly comedy or wrongly judged the movie. One prefered to see that ben stiller and jnnifer aniston movie instead of the anime metropolis, another one said about original metropolis "But it is old, how can it be good if it is old?" And about P.Tinto another one said "Spanish? Nah, they never make anythng good".

I was soooo furious, yet all of them comment madagascar 2 as the greatest cultural hit of our time.
    I WAS THERE

Spoiler
    Show

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

29. - Top - End - #209
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Coplantor View Post
    "But it is old, how can it be good if it is old?" And about P.Tinto another one said "Spanish? Nah, they never make anythng good".
    Technically, I think you can count Pan's Labyrinth as a Spanish movie, so that statement is pretty much bogus from the outset.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

I was also thinking about "el laberinto del fauno". But one of the above mentioned persons also said it was a ridiculous movie (althought that person has never seen the movie). You know? Most non-geeks I know have their imagination completly killed. They cannot watch a movie with elements of fantasy, well, except for harry potter wich they all seemed to love, yet they believe that the lord of the rings was a stupid movie because the ring held too much power.

Lord of the rings (the books) is as rich in conntents and meaning as many entire mythologies!

Sheesh, I get mad whenever I talk about movies with those guys.
    I WAS THERE

Spoiler
    Show

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!