New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: TwoBitWriter's Tubular Tracts of Thought-Talking Random Banter #111

Quote Originally Posted by Coplantor View Post
    But it is old, how can it be good if it is old?
    Dr Kevorkian to the rescue! Assuring quality since he founded his practice.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Firbolg in the Playground

I was also thinking about "el laberinto del fauno". But one of the above mentioned persons also said it was a ridiculous movie (althought that person has never seen the movie). You know? Most non-geeks I know have their imagination completly killed. They cannot watch a movie with elements of fantasy, well, except for harry potter wich they all seemed to love, yet they believe that the lord of the rings was a stupid movie because the ring held too much power.

Lord of the rings (the books) is as rich in conntents and meaning as many entire mythologies!

Sheesh, I get mad whenever I talk about movies with those guys.
    I liked it, even though I don't speak much spanish. Old movies usually don't look as good, but who cares?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

Wierdst thing of all? Most of them claim to dislike american culture, yet the only movies they see are the hollywood ones, and not the good ones.

Hey, if you guys ever have a chance, you should see "el milagro de P.Tinto" Is really wierd, but an awesome movie. There's an argentinean movie called "9 reinas" (nine queens) wich is one of the best movies I've ever seen, there's an american version called "criminal", but I never saw it. Oh, and there's a good comedy called "100 vecez no debo" that I strongly recommend.
    I WAS THERE
    Life is like a dungeon master, if it smiles at you, you just know that something terrible is about to happen

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Sane.... isn't the word I'd use with you, Coplantor. Or myself, in fact. With myself, I'd say obssessive. With you, I'd say.... Coplantor.

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

4. - Top - End - #214
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Wierdst thing of all? Most of them claim to dislike american culture, yet the only movies they see are the hollywood ones, and not the good ones.

Hey, if you guys ever have a chance, you should see "el milagro de P.Tinto" Is really wierd, but an awesome movie. There's an argentinean movie called "9 reinas" (nine queens) wich is one of the best movies I've ever seen, there's an american version called "criminal", but I never saw it. Oh, and there's a good comedy called "100 vecez no debo" that I strongly recommend.
    Does El milagro de P. Tinto have subtitles?

Puedo hablar un poco en Español, pero my vocabulario no es grande, y no puedo entender todas las peliculas y programas de España o México porque las personajes hablan rápidamente.
    Last edited by Rutskarn; 2009-01-06 at 11:47 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #215
    Barbarian in the Playground

El milagro de P. Tinto is indeed an awesome movie. I saw it during my semester abroad; our Spanish Cinema teacher gave us previews of that, Tésis, and one other that I can't recall, and gave us the choice between the three to continue on. After just 10 minutes, the class nearly unanimously chose milagro. 'Course, that was several years ago, so I don't recall many details...

::Tries to add El milagro de P. Tinto and Tésis to his Netflix queue, and is dissappointed that the former isn't even in the catalogue and the later isn't available::

6. - Top - End - #216
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Sadly, I am having to retake University Spanish... Miss a couple of lectures and they just let you have it.

It was oddly exhilarating back when I actually tried to use the meager amount of spanish I had to communicate. Then again, I'm one of those people who's either muddled about something or muddled about how he's grasped it so well. Hence why everyone thought I was a sort of... Pothead Savant... That was back in high school.

Also, I did find it rather wiggy that they were so anti-US and then gobbled up hollywood garbage like it was ambrosia. ... Humans are strange critters. I'd apologize on our behalf, but, well....

Say... Anyone know what a traditional housewarming/apartmentbreakingin present is?
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-01-07 at 12:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Pothead Savant
    Guess who has a new nickname! I might be kidding.

Anyway, as far as the gift goes: I don't know, but if they're of age, alcohol is usually a pretty safe bet. Otherwise, just try to think of something useful that they wouldn't have already bought themselves.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #218
    Bugbear in the Playground

Say... Anyone know what a traditional housewarming/apartmentbreakingin present is?
    A bottle of alcohol is the most normal. If they don't drink, go for a houseplant (in a pot - not a bunch of cut flowers unless you also bring a vase.
    You could go completely traditional and "first foot" them - though that should have been done at Hogmanay - by bringing a loaf of bread, a packet of salt, and a lump of coal.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you kpenguin for the lovely avatar, Recaiden for my dolly, and Alleine for this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleine View Post
    dish is a cool crazy cat lady.

9. - Top - End - #219

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by dish View Post
    A bottle of alcohol is the most normal. If they don't drink, go for a houseplant (in a pot - not a bunch of cut flowers unless you also bring a vase.
    You could go completely traditional and "first foot" them - though that should have been done at Hogmanay - by bringing a loaf of bread, a packet of salt, and a lump of coal.
    First Foot? Hogmanay? What are these expressions?

In terms of alcohol, is it red or white wine? I was thinking it's either a handle(That is a way of referring to hard alcohol, right? otherwise, sub in 1/5... or whatever whiskey comes in usually) of bourbon/whiskey or a bottle of red unless one was going for more local...flavor...

Ruts, I'll have you know that I'm practically the only person I know of who hasn't yet smoked that particular herb. Especially since it lives up to its peculiar appellation by growing wild and occasionally closing down campgrounds due to it sprouting up from the ground...

It's just people like to believe that about me... Haven't the foggiest why, really. Since most of them, y'know, actually are around people under the influence enough that you'd think they'd be able to tell.

At least I make 'em laugh rather than stone me, I always say.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ettin in the Playground

At least I make 'em laugh rather than stone me, I always say.
    A stoning for the stoned, eh?

I can't sleep...

11. - Top - End - #221

Hogmanay.
    First-Footing

A nice bottle of wine would be acceptable. If you're first-footing the traditional gift is whisky (a nice single malt).

Edit@^: possibly it's something to do with the moon?
    Last edited by dish; 2009-01-07 at 01:51 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you kpenguin for the lovely avatar, Recaiden for my dolly, and Alleine for this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleine View Post
    dish is a cool crazy cat lady.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

Apropos herbs and house-warming, Coidzillus, sage is an auspicious choice. Could you acquire some whole dried sage? It is a special herb used in smudging, among other things, and its smoke if not its very presence cleans out stagnant energy. Speaking from personal anecdote.

"He that would live for aye must eat sage in May."

I can't sleep either.

Someone hold me.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2009-01-07 at 02:01 AM.

13. - Top - End - #223

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by dish View Post
    Hogmanay.
    First-Footing

A nice bottle of wine would be acceptable. If you're first-footing the traditional gift is whisky (a nice single malt).

Edit@^: possibly it's something to do with the moon?
    Well, first-footing would be moot since they didn't start to move in until after the new year.

And now I know what I should be bringing. Unfortunately they're getting a thing of good cider and enough help to get things set up enough for a DND session to occur....

Edit: Sage, you say? In what form would it be presented?

I'm starting to think that this early morning/late night desire to be held/not alone is a throwback to one's infancy...
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-01-07 at 02:05 AM.
    Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd believe it. The mind does funny, scary things at these hours without company.

"How can a man grow ill with sage in his garden?"
    Either find very rough, loose dried sage, so that it looks like dried leaves -- ie, not the powder or the fine shake -- and give it in a pouch of some kind, or maybe even a potted, living sage plant. This I prescribe.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2009-01-07 at 02:17 AM.

15. - Top - End - #225

Who wants to take several tablespoons of nutmeg and record their experiences? No one? Oh well, it was worth a shot.

Seriously, don't do it. Baaaaad effects.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Once I ground up five whole nutmegs and ate them all at once. The next three days were a terrifying answer to my hypothesis. Believe me, buddy, you're better off not telling anybody that it works. No matter how vividly you paint its badness, they'll only be more encouraged to try it.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

...Well, this is an odd conversation to log on to.
    Also, ohmygodsitsfreezingcold. Like, seriously. I tried getting out of bed, but jumped straight back in due to the mad-low state of the temperature.

I can't imagine what it'll be like in the Sports Hall where we do our exams!
    Everything I say is 100% TRUTH*
    *may contain traces of lie

Loki avatar by Dr.Bath.
    (I totally ship him and Curly. But shhh, it's a secret.)
    Formerly known as Aziraphale.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

thread hijack lol

So, if you had three eyes, one in the middle of your forehead, how would your glasses work? Would they have a bridge between each lens (as per B), or would they have normal two eyed glasses joining with another 'half-glass' in the centre (as per A):

Please answer, as this is an important question.

19. - Top - End - #229

Quite frankly, it would have to be the former (B). Having a omnidirectional bridge isn't very sturdy, and can lead to bending sooner than option B.

So, B would be most likely, if not a bit under structured.
    Last edited by Boo; 2009-01-07 at 05:45 AM.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, you're probably right. Thanks!

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ettin in the Playground

I would go for a juxtaposition of the two, for extra stability.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Banned

If I had three eyes then one of them had better be able to see into the future, that's all I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate Scribe View Post
    Please answer, as this is an important question.
    For a bet, huh?

If I got my way then I would attach them via a strap around the back of the head and then mount a cannon upon the front of the nose.
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2009-01-07 at 07:36 AM.

23. - Top - End - #233

NecromancerGuy

I would say B, and then a honeycomb sort of structure would be the best answer.

Also, yes, if I had multiple eyes I would hope the mutant one conveyed some sort of power or ability upon me. But not the kind that drive one insane. Those powers are never fun. Hence the insanity.
    Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

*sigh*

Today actually sucks pretty bad for me.

Ce'st la vie, I suppose.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Banned

You're fishing for a 'what happened'.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

Just a general malaise, I suppose.

Boss is back from being sick for two days, so my work load today is pretty intense.

27. - Top - End - #237

Clearly the answer is to make him sick again.

I recommend spiking his coffee. Most things will work: Ex-lax, bad creamer, the poison of a king cobra...

28. - Top - End - #238

I think the real answer is to get some stress relief therapy.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    Clearly the answer is to make him sick again.

I recommend spiking his coffee. Most things will work: Ex-lax, bad creamer, the poison of a king cobra...
    Unless he has an ulcer! Then the cobra venom could kill him. I saw it on CSI.
    And Twobi, don't be so down. EVERY day is like that for me.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!
    Officially putting in for an extended leave of absence.

30. - Top - End - #240

True enough...and I think having to hang around with TwoBit for 8 hours a day would be enough to give anyone an ulcer