New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: ABR Discussion Thread XVII: 40% Spam, 55% Banter, 5% Actually Meaningful Discussi

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    Alright, I was just wondering if there might be a program where I wouldn't have to adjust so much. But you're probably right, it'll be best in teh long run.
    You be's right. I fell in love with it, and it allowed me to make an undead cranky squid-dude/chick (illithids are hermaphrodites. Alrighty then.) in a black leather dress.
    So awesome.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: ABR Discussion Thread XVII: 40% Spam, 55% Banter, 5% Actually Meaningful Discussi

I dunno, I myself never really liked inkscape. I found it was just a little too complicated for the basic stuff I tend to do, but you might have a better time with it, Grem. Just thought you should hear a vote against it as well, though I'll probably end up switching to it sooner or later.
    Last edited by Darklord Bright; 2009-01-08 at 07:26 PM.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

On a different note...
    I'm assuming that someone will eventually respond to Thryza; if anyone needs some suggestions as to the stuff he'd say and how he'd say it, I'm here.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

4. - Top - End - #214
    Firbolg in the Playground

@Gremlin, I didn't say I'd use your ideas for the the ethereal plane, I just said If you left we'd use mine

We need to vote/debate what makes people come back as ghosts.

A) People are forced to manifest as ghosts, and can't interfere with the material plane (Think Eugene Greenhilt)
    B) People are forced to manifest as ghosts, to do something important,
    C) People choose to stay as ghosts, but don't get the pleasure of an afterlife.
    D) Any combinations of the above.

I personally think that the Soul Eaters should be inevitables, they just seem more... like inevitables. The Praeseans seem more like a race of outsiders.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

How about this, after Nameless reaps someone, they are sent to the ethereal plane. They can move around this plane, and they always know the way to the gate that leads to their appropriate afterlife, and they always feel an inclination to go there, so unless they have unfinished buisness, they will head to the gates on their own.

The Preseans are outsiders, who believe that these ghosts deserve to finish whatever buisness they have on the prime material, if they find a hesitant soul, they will often convince it to return to the prime material to finish whatever buisness it left behind. The Soul Eaters are Inevitables sen't to stop this, either by draggin the soul's kicking and screaming to their appropriate gate, or by convincing them to come along quietly....

Now, here's the kicker, Both sides are Lawful. They just subscribe to different laws. The Preseans subscribe to the law that people should carry through with what they started. The Soul Eaters subscribe to the law that the Dead should stay that way.

Hmm, Perhaps the two sides were origionally the same. They were created as stewards of the ethereal plane, and guides to the souls that appeared there. However, different Preseans interprited their role as "Guides" differently, some believed it was simply to expediate the Soul's trip to their appropriate afterlife, others believed it was to help the soul finish it's buisness in the material plane before going. Over the ages, their capablities and even appearances have changed according to their adherance to these philosophies. The Soul Eater's are not proper ineveitables, but they like to think of themselves as such, which is why they try to act and appear mechanical. They picture themselves as faceless enforcers of the laws.
    The Preseans, who are sympathetic to the plight of the souls, adopt a more organic appearance, so better to relate with and convince a soul to finish it's buisness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

6. - Top - End - #216
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of gray View Post
    @Gremlin, I didn't say I'd use your ideas for the the ethereal plane, I just said If you left we'd use mine

We need to vote/debate what makes people come back as ghosts.

A) People are forced to manifest as ghosts, and can't interfere with the material plane (Think Eugene Greenhilt)
    B) People are forced to manifest as ghosts, to do something important,
    C) People choose to stay as ghosts, but don't get the pleasure of an afterlife.
    D) Any combinations of the above.

I personally think that the Soul Eaters should be inevitables, they just seem more... like inevitables. The Praeseans seem more like a race of outsiders.
    Okay, how about neither of them are outsiders? However, there are rumors of confused maruts roaming the Ethereal Plane. And there are also devourers and stuff. The soul hunters (can we stop calling them soul eaters?) are mercenaries who sell the souls to the highest bidder.
    The Praeseans are outsiders who are devoted to protecting the souls.
    And I vote for D: All of the above. Most ghosts didn't choose to not pass on, but have some unfinished business. Some of these ghosts, however, do not have strong enough wills to manifest on the Material, thus resulting in some who are simply trapped on the Ethereal, simply waiting for some mage or planeswalker to find and help them*.
    While some ghosts simply came about because they were too strong. They clung to life, so hard that they could not let go. Now they are stuck, in limbo (not literally), unable to go on to their afterlife. They can, however, visit teh Ethereal more often than most ghosts.
    Thoughts?
    *Hey, I just got an idea. How about a group of guys who are experienced with the Ethereal who are devoted to finding these trapped ghosts and helping to put them to rest? Just an idea.
    Also, in my comic, can I call the next plot 'An Imperfect Future'? I think it sounds better.
    /\I don't like that idea. It really contradicts all the work we've done so far, and my original idea that the Ethereal Plane is where the ghosts go. I didn't mean for it to be a place where ALL the souls go. And please, STOP CALLING THEM SOUL EATERS!!!
    Last edited by The Gremlin; 2009-01-08 at 11:51 PM.

7. - Top - End - #217

Hey Grem, is that a Geordi visor?
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

Just a question, does anyone have any set voices (other then their own) for their characters in their head? For instance, Dark Lord Bright has an eviller-sounding version of Nameless' voice as far as I'm concerned. Add a bit more malice and some echo and that's it.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

Gremlin, I've already told you, MM is with me, Lying, Salmon, Fayte and the other guys.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Gremlin, I've already told you, MM is with me, Lying, Salmon, Fayte and the other guys.
    You had better be joking here.
    I've already said that it was a 'random unexplainable clone'.
    EDIT: D_Lord Bright, when you save your comics, save them as png. They save way better, and the resolution doesn't get messed up.
    Last edited by The Gremlin; 2009-01-09 at 09:43 AM.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    *Yawn* huh? what?
    *looks at Namelesses post* WOHOO! recognition
    I should make a comic ¬.¬....
    (hmmmm but ive got Orks to make....
    comic... orks... comic.... orks.......)
    I'm technically but I refuse to admit it!
    Dawn of Yesterday (Resuming now!)
    Currently Developing the "PASSIVE™" RPG system
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    +1 to Fay being awesome, causing nosebleeds and etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.
    I'm an Artist!, If you want an Avatar just PM me your specifics - Avatar by Me!

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ettin in the Playground

My weekend time is going to be split between comicry and filming/editing, but hopefully I'll actually get around to resurrecting Threeshades sometime before Monday.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    Hey Grem, is that a Geordi visor?
    No, though it's based on it. This visor is an object which enhances divination powers.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

EDIT: D_Lord Bright, when you save your comics, save them as png. They save way better, and the resolution doesn't get messed up.
    That's just an excuse.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

tongue Re: ABR Discussion Thread XVII: 40% Spam, 55% Banter, 5% Actually Meaningful Discussi

Wich had nothing to do with Nilrem the Ninga.
    >_>
    <_<
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2009-01-09 at 01:47 PM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

16. - Top - End - #226

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    How about this, after Nameless reaps someone, they are sent to the ethereal plane. They can move around this plane, and they always know the way to the gate that leads to their appropriate afterlife, and they always feel an inclination to go there, so unless they have unfinished buisness, they will head to the gates on their own.

The Preseans are outsiders, who believe that these ghosts deserve to finish whatever buisness they have on the prime material, if they find a hesitant soul, they will often convince it to return to the prime material to finish whatever buisness it left behind. The Soul Eaters are Inevitables sen't to stop this, either by draggin the soul's kicking and screaming to their appropriate gate, or by convincing them to come along quietly....

Now, here's the kicker, Both sides are Lawful. They just subscribe to different laws. The Preseans subscribe to the law that people should carry through with what they started. The Soul Eaters subscribe to the law that the Dead should stay that way.

Hmm, Perhaps the two sides were origionally the same. They were created as stewards of the ethereal plane, and guides to the souls that appeared there. However, different Preseans interprited their role as "Guides" differently, some believed it was simply to expediate the Soul's trip to their appropriate afterlife, others believed it was to help the soul finish it's buisness in the material plane before going. Over the ages, their capablities and even appearances have changed according to their adherance to these philosophies. The Soul Eater's are not proper ineveitables, but they like to think of themselves as such, which is why they try to act and appear mechanical. They picture themselves as faceless enforcers of the laws.
    The Preseans, who are sympathetic to the plight of the souls, adopt a more organic appearance, so better to relate with and convince a soul to finish it's buisness.
    I actually like BRC's idea, minus the paragraph with them being the same once.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: ABR Discussion Thread XVII: 40% Spam, 55% Banter, 5% Actually Meaningful Discussi

@Shades of Gray: Is it okay for Oliver to be included in Ninga history briefly because of a visit to their (demi)plane? (I'm gonna make them and Nilrem a wiki page. Togeter since they aren't important enough to make onne each.)

EDIT:Done.
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2009-01-09 at 05:53 PM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

18. - Top - End - #228

Sure, but nothing too major. He only visits the lesser planes for a year tops. (With the exception of the plane of catgirls)

19. - Top - End - #229
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Wich had nothing to do with Nilrem the Ninga.
    >_>
    <_<
    You mean that robot thing? What does he have to do with clones?

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: ABR Discussion Thread XVII: 40% Spam, 55% Banter, 5% Actually Meaningful Discussi

You mean that robot thing? What does he have to do with clones?
    It's a Ninga! They are made of living shadow with boots and hats (for refference look in my sig in the "Ningas!" spoiler). That one was a sorcerer and I was joking tough it could explain it... (Explain why there is a clone if you don't get it)
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Dwarf in the Playground

I leave for two days to do homework and 10 pages sprout up?!!

Eh, well... anything big go over while I was toiling away on my science fair project? Probably no...
    "That last nob is mocking me! He's like "Hey, you want this killpoint? Do ya?'"

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

Just pointless arguements. Nothing much.

Now I need to go finish making that comic...
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive

23. - Top - End - #233
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by evil_d4_swarm View Post

I leave for two days to do homework and 10 pages sprout up?!!

Eh, well... anything big go over while I was toiling away on my science fair project? Probably no...
    You're right, that is pretty slow.
    And, actually, yes. We talked about (and are, in fact, still talking about)what the Ethereal Plane is. I nearly left, but changed my mind and instead left FFF I. I am now trying to learn to use Inkscape.
    There was a movement (put forth by me, feel pretty stupid about it now)to ban CA from ABR. Suffice to say, it failed.
    And Vikings riding giant eagles continued to be awesomesauce.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Bugbear in the Playground

glad to see the forum back up

25. - Top - End - #235
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

You're right, that is pretty slow.
    And, actually, yes. We talked about (and are, in fact, still talking about)what the Ethereal Plane is. I nearly left, but changed my mind and instead left FFF I. I am now trying to learn to use Inkscape.
    There was a movement (put forth by me, feel pretty stupid about it now)to ban CA from ABR. Suffice to say, it failed.
    And Vikings riding giant eagles continued to be awesomesauce.
    Don't forget how I invaded MM's privacy.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

tongue Re: ABR Discussion Thread XVII: 40% Spam, 55% Banter, 5% Actually Meaningful Discussi

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Don't forget how I invaded MM's privacy.
    Yup. Now lets find soe more about him (And everybody else we can find stuff about). I guess his name is Stephen Lewis....

@V: According to what Kpenguin sayed your mothers surname is Lewis, furthermore your ABR character is named Stephen (Oliver is Shades of Grays real name so why should Stephen not be yours) And it was just a guess I made for fun.
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2009-01-10 at 08:00 AM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Yup. Now lets find soe more about him (And everybody else we can find stuff about). I guess his name is Stephen Lewis....
    What makes you think that ?

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm reasonably certain we're on the verge of stalking now

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

What's this ABR thing I hear so much about these days?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    What's this ABR thing I hear so much about these days?
    *blinks*
    http://abr.wetpaint.com/page/Fat+Fish+Fury

*pokes*

Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    I'm reasonably certain we're on the verge of stalking now
    They're way past it.
    Last edited by Tiffanie Lirle; 2009-01-10 at 08:23 AM.