New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Faerun and Back

1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Faerun and Back

Seraphina nods in agreement with Lilith... she has this prickly feeling at the back of her neck that something isn't quite right with this.

"It does sound rather odd, offering this much for such a seemingly simple mission... are you sure the locals would simply let us take this orachilium away? Also, let's say we complete the mission and also bring the other group back alive. What sort of punishment would they have to expect?"

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lilith,

[ooc] Evil, the point was that Seeby hates ALL goblins for what happened to his village. Also, please note Lilith's reaction when Davhid entered the room, an obvious case of "do as I say not as I do"itus... Please don't think that i was criticizing you, ooc anyway, Lilith was criticizing Seeby for doing something whilst doing the same thing herself. Mostly, I was annoyed that I wrote up this super long monologue and the forum say fit to misplace it...

ANYWAY, back in char [/ooc]

I would assume that the other party's punishment would fit their crime. If we determine that the other party was just incapable of completing their mission though acting in good faith rather than running for the hills with the good Duke's money I would think that odds are good that the duke would have mercy on them. However if the other group were to be actively working against us, or have notified the authorities in Cormyr, then the mission would have become that much more dangerous. I think it fair to request additional compensation for the additional risk that the prior group puts on us.
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never... Ouch, Hey oh nevermind...

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

To Dahvid:"The Council has known of this project for some time, and it is a centuries old law anyway that Cormyr does not trade their minerals. You however are not trading if you go into the mines yourself."

To Lilith: "My dear, there is plenty of gold for you on these errands."

To Teipdek: "That's the spirit, lad. East. Your best bet is through the Fields of the Dead. Don't let the name fool you, though. It's just an old battlefield.

To Seraphina: "I assure you, it will be difficult to find the mineral. It is quite rare."

To Lilith again:"I will supply you each with horses, that should be compensation enough along with the 2,000 gold starting. They will be brought to justice for their crimes in prison, I assure you."

(Ooc Sorry it took so long to post, I thought I updated, but my browser messed up.)
    I thought of a thought thinking about the thoughts thunk by thinkers. I thought the thought was thunk but I think I thought otherwise.

4. - Top - End - #34

GnomeWizardGuy

Seeby

"Why the Fields of the Dead, why not something more happy like The Field of Poorly Guarded Treasure. Well anyways I am in and i can leave tomarrow if you want."

5. - Top - End - #35
    Halfling in the Playground

GnomePirate

Minoot crinkles his brow, "The dwarf is right. The quest does not seem to be more than a fancy delivery mission, and we'll have (He gestures over to Dahvid's muscles) no trouble with that. Your offer is generous Lord and we should depart as soon as possible with your gold...I mean for the ora-wahoosit stuff."

"By the way, do you have any biscuits to go with this liquor perchance?"
    Last edited by Hiffic; 2009-01-13 at 10:59 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36

Lilith

And if we find that they have committed no crime...
    ehh, not my problem.

I'm in, though might I suggest that we travel south through Amn or at least as far as Candlekeep in order to mask our point of origin from those whom we are trying to deceive. It may seam out of the way but it is a matter of going south then east rather than east then south...
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never... Ouch, Hey oh nevermind...

7. - Top - End - #37

Griffon

"Fine, just contact me in one month if you are not back, lest I send another group. Here... take this note to the stable boy."

He pulls out a sealed scroll with his mark on it and gives it to Lilith.
    I thought of a thought thinking about the thoughts thunk by thinkers. I thought the thought was thunk but I think I thought otherwise.

8. - Top - End - #38

Lilith,

Hearing the crickets chirping in the background, Lilith snatches the scroll from the aging noble.

We have an accord. I shall dispatch a messenger with news and progress reports within one months time if we have not returned by then.

Lilith pushes past the man tword the doorway. She pauses upon reaching the doorway, and turns.

I presume the stableman has our traveling funds?

9. - Top - End - #39

GnomePirate

Minoot turns to the rest of the group, "What in all the gods' names are we waiting for then?! Let's go follow Lilith!"

He stands up, fully prepared to leave.
    Last edited by Hiffic; 2009-01-16 at 12:55 AM.

10. - Top - End - #40

GnomeWizardGuy

Seeby

"Well what are we waiting for, the other party to come back. Lets get going.

11. - Top - End - #41

GnomePirate

Minoot creakily shifts to face Seeby, his hand suddenly full of arcane fire, "WHO ARE YOU AND WHY ARE YOU REPEATING WHAT I SAY. Did the Doppel Gang send you? Because tell Javier I'll have his money by the next moon."

12. - Top - End - #42

GnomeWizardGuy

Seeby

"I am Seeby, I am on your side and I am not with Doppel gang. Just agreeing with you."

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

Teipdek Ironfist

The dwarf sighs and polishes off his drink. He places it down and rubs his hands as if to dust them off before heading towards the door.

14. - Top - End - #44

Griffon

The elder nods.

(For sake up getting some action, I will speed up a tad. I am going to fast forward past the stable boy. He gives you 2000 gold and a mount to those who request it in exchange for the note. If you want to do anything between now and then, post in a spoiler. Otherwise I want to resume mounted up in front of the Duke's mansion. Please also put down how fast and in what direction you want to go, plus how long you plan on riding. It is now 9:00 am, the skies are clear, and diviners predict no chance of rain today.)h

15. - Top - End - #45

GnomeWizardGuy

Seeby
    He will thank the stable boy kindly. He will follow where everyone else goes.
    " I think we should ride till the sun sets so we can cover as much ground as possible.

16. - Top - End - #46

GnomePirate

Minoot pats Seeby on the back, "Good thinking lad, then we can get to wherever we're going faster.
    He struggles to stay mounted on his pony whilst turning to face Teipdek and Lilith.
    "Would either of you like to lead the way?"
    Last edited by Hiffic; 2009-01-18 at 03:27 AM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

Griffon

Seraphina doesn't take a horse, indicating that she has her own mount - indeed, she seems rather comfortable on the back of her wolf, and Rufus doesn't seem to mind this arrangement either.

"I've never been to those lands... miss Lilith, you seemed to know the way rather well, though. Care to take the lead?"

18. - Top - End - #48

Lilith

Then to the south it is through Amn, we shall exchange our Baldur's Gate coins for those of Amn in Nashkel then head East. I should not be more than a few extra days travel but it should provide the illusion that we are not in any way affiliated with Baldur's Gate.

Spoiler
    Show
    [ooc] Someone with Knowledge(Geography) as a class skill should be doing this [/ooc]

19. - Top - End - #49

GnomeWizardGuy

Seeby

Lets get going then, no time to waste.

20. - Top - End - #50

Griffon

Okay. Based on what you all have told me, you ride toward Beregost until sun sets. However, ten hours of hard riding still leaves you somewhere between the two cities as the day fades into night.

For riding so hard, your horses take (1d6+2)[7] points of damage.

You just passed a medium sized forest to your west when you decide to stop riding.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

Griffon

"We should take it easier on our animals from now on... we aren't that hard-pressed for time."

Once the group has set up camp, Seraphina will tend to the exhausted horses and her wolf.

(Using my Heal skill for long-term care, which lets each of them heal 2 hit points per level if we rest for 8 hours; taking 10 so I automatically succeed on each one)

22. - Top - End - #52

Lilith

After being up so early the morning before Lilith is very ready to get some sleep. Lilith reaches into the small pouch on her hip and waves her hand in a somewhat odd manner. As her hand passes across the center of her chest she speaks, what is obviously some infernal tongue. As the syllables are uttered the bits of what appear to be pocket lint and string smolder and ignite in a wispy puff of smoke. Lilith commands the puff of smoke to go collect firewood for the evening. The smoke then dissipates and Lilith hastily sets to resting whilst the others work to put together the camp for the night. A few moments later a small bundle of sticks appears to be piled up near her.

"I'll take second watch wake me up then"

Periodically a few more sticks pile up dragged in from the periphery of the camp.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

Teipdek

The dwarf nods ascentingly to Minoot. "Aye, I'll do it." Teipdek sets their pace, seeming to care little for the well being of the horses.

"I'll take first watch." He moves to find a nice rock or tree to sit up against. Placing his greatsword next to him, he drops his pack and digs around for his pipe.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing
    Sanity Check: IC OOC
    Age of Worms in Eberron IC OOC

Quote Originally Posted by mshady View Post
    Not sure of the details, I trust in King.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaggedAngel View Post
    "Hello, there. You seem to be in the middle of something overtly magical. Is this a bad time to talk?"
    Drawing OOTS Avatars Guide

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

Griffon

"I'll take the last watch then, if nobody objects." Seraphina is tending to her patients carefully and only peripherally notices anything else going on. From her healing kit, she takes a salve and rubs it gently over her wolf companion's tired paws, as well as his and the horses' backs. She also examines the horses' hooves, cleaning them a bit and removing small stones. It isn't before she is done with her work that she joins the others for the evening meal.

25. - Top - End - #55

GnomePirate

Minoot falls asleep after eating his travel rations (along with a little nightcap), oblivious to any night watch roles. Old people need their sleep.

26. - Top - End - #56

GnomeWizardGuy

Seeby

Not being use to riding a pony is very tired. He eats his meal says good night to everyone and falls asleep.

27. - Top - End - #57

GnomePirate

OOT: Did this campaign die or what happened

28. - Top - End - #58

GnomeWizardGuy

Hiffic i think it did.