New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: The new dawn Rises (4e)

Aldr

As Aldr stands there, he takes everything in. When there is a break in the conversation, he speaks.

"I know" Aldr looks up at everyone and then to Nathan, smiling as he hopes to please his new found master with his intellect.

"We tell everyone not to leave the village, and the town guard can protect them then we can travel with the merchants. Since the Kobolds attack the merchants, we can go with them, hidden in the back, either the caravan or traveling behind them. Once we deal with the Kobolds we can follow their tracks down and then eliminate the leadership."

Aldr takes a breath "If they don't attack, they can take us to a place where they did attack, its a start and the merchants should know best where they attack."

Aldr stops for a moment, obviously pleased with himself for coming up with a plan. He looks around, seeing what they think of the plan, his eyes coming to a rest with Nathan and seeing if he found any flaws in the plan.
    Boo!

Steam ID: Dublock

Battle tag: Dublock 1-7-2-5

Feel free to add me but say GitP :)

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Nathan:

"Hmm... It sounds like a solid plan, Aldr, except for the part where we'll have to be constantly vigilant against the expected kobold surprise attack. I am all for riding with the merchants however, since they'll see it as protection, and the kobolds will see it as extra guards and will be less likely to attack. Kobolds are even more cowardly than bandits, unless they've got a charismatic leader. Plus, they're trickier than most of the other common hazards out here..." He shudders, a momentary reaction, and he nods his head after regaining himself.

"Yes, I think that riding with the merchants to a place where they've been attacked before is a good plan, especially since it'll get us out of here quicker than simply setting out blindly would be."
    The Silverclawshift Campaign Journals Two FANTASTIC campaigns detailed here. An absolute must read.

"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." George Bernard Shaw

3. - Top - End - #33

Tuck

Before doing anything rash like this, I think it would be wise to talk to the merchants - and anyone else who has been directly involved in an attack - so we can have a better understanding of what we are up against. Putting ourselves in the way of a fight needlessly is not a sensible course of action...

4. - Top - End - #34

PirateCaptain

Aldr

Aldr looks at Tuck and nods, with a little bit of red in the checks of his. () "Yes your right. We should do that as soon as possible."
    Boo!

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Nathan:

"I hardly think the merchants would allow us to ride with them, without first discussing the problem with them, and setting them at ease that we are here to stop the problem, and not to make it worse," Nathan says, responding to Tuck's comment.

Turning back to Gaius, Nathan asks "Gaius, you've heard the plan, do you have any suggestions you'd care to make? Oh, and we'll need someone to show us where we can meet with the merchants."
    The Silverclawshift Campaign Journals Two FANTASTIC campaigns detailed here. An absolute must read.

"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." George Bernard Shaw

6. - Top - End - #36
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"You'd need to head to Rinados" he stated "The merchant lord's have sway there, your paymasters in the end... so Perhaps it is best you go there" he took out a quill, writing a quick letter, rolling and sealing the parchment "This should get you to see them, they have spent much coin ensuring their homesteads are not attacked"
    My players are making me understand why game designers put red blinking lights on Weak spots

7. - Top - End - #37

PirateCaptain

Aldr

"I'm glad we are on our way to help the people." Aldr is also happy to have his plan accepted.
    Boo!

8. - Top - End - #38
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

William

Ah good! We can get moving now. "Well, now that we have a plan shall we get it under way?" William asks as he moves to the door and holds it open for the team.
    "Now we must duel, like two gleaming banjos on a moonlit stoop!" -Dementio.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Nathan:

Nathan passes through the doorway, exclaiming "Yes, let's go see our employers, and learn what they can tell us to keep us alive and able to collect our payment."

Scaly little.... He starts mumbling quietly to himself as he walks, "Bandits I can handle, they have beliefs and ideas I can play off of, but Kobolds? They overrun everything...Uncontrollable..."

10. - Top - End - #40

Carric

- So do we try to ask around here also, or do we go straight to Rinados? - elf asks other once they go outside.
    Three are the paths of soul:
    One out - roam across the plain,
    One back - dwell with the tribe and tent,
    One in - turn an enemy's hate.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    They say people do crazy things for love...unfortunately, I'm not in love, and I'm still crazy!

Avatar by CoffeeIncluded. Finally giving credit where due, and it only took me 20 pages of search

11. - Top - End - #41

Tuck

Surely if there was anything to know from here, Gaius would already have known it himself and would have mentioned it to us?

12. - Top - End - #42

PirateCaptain

Aldr

Aldr nods in agreement "Yes, I agree...best to go straight to our employers and ask around there about it. Villagers around here might know a few things...but we could find out in Rinados".
    Boo!

13. - Top - End - #43

Carric

- Actually, didn't Gaius say something records in local Pelor's church? - Tuck's word remind Carric part of conversation he initially forgotten - We should check out that at least

Spoiler
    Show
    Activating "put back on plot hook" pwer :P
    Three are the paths of soul:
    One out - roam across the plain,
    One back - dwell with the tribe and tent,
    One in - turn an enemy's hate.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    They say people do crazy things for love...unfortunately, I'm not in love, and I'm still crazy!

Avatar by CoffeeIncluded. Finally giving credit where due, and it only took me 20 pages of search

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Nathan:

"I personally would prefer to speak to our employers, to ensure payment, but it might be best to do that after having gotten more information, so we can tell what they arn't telling us. The real question becomes, do we trust the Merchants to tell us everything we need? Or do we take a detour to find out more, to be better prepared for the negotiation? I am all for being prepared."

15. - Top - End - #45

PirateCaptain

Aldr

"I won't mind going to the church and reading the records there."
    Boo!

16. - Top - End - #46
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

William

Eager to get moving William says, "Well it's decided then. Let's go see what we can find out."
    Last edited by Schmacky; 2009-01-24 at 05:26 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Having tired of tapping his foot, waiting for someone else to take the lead, and specifically to take the leadership position away from him, Nathan acts.

He sighs loudly, politely asks a local where the Temple is, and then begins traveling to that place, expecting that the rest of the band town-rescuers will follow him.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The temple is one of the few tall buildings in the town, its design bearing the sun symbol of Pelor predominantly, with symbols of the harvest goddess added later in a different stone. The thick oak doors stand open, the chanting of prayer echoing out, a morning service it seemed.
    My players are making me understand why game designers put red blinking lights on Weak spots

19. - Top - End - #49

PirateCaptain

Aldr

*Aldr sighs* He thought to himself, he couldn't read any of the scripts there to learn anything..a shame..but maby afterwords.
    Boo!

20. - Top - End - #50
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

William

William, attempting to be descrete for the sake of the worshipers, quietly walks in through the open doors and surveys his surroundings.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The chapel is as simple inside as it is out, wooden pews line towards the alter, filled to the brim with merchants, farmer, guards... men and women from all walks of life. At the head of the church is a Human priestess, the symbol of Pelor around her neck, leading a prayer for the safety of the people.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Nathan:

Nathan follows William inside the chapel, but upon seeing the priestess in the middle of a service, he looks around to see if there is another priest they could talk to, since annoying the church in a new town is a very bad idea.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

(I was sure I posted... damn forum and crappy net connection)

There only seems to be a singe priestess, odd for a church of the size. She Is speaking, reminding the congregation not to fear, that pelor's light will shield them from every ill, after a few minutes the congregation disperses, silent and somber, leaving the Priestess on the Plinth, collecting the holy objects and scripture.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

William

William sees the way is clear to ask the priestess for information; however, he is unclear on what information to ask for specifically. He turns to his companions and says, "Well, anyone who knows what we need to ask after it seems now is a good opportunity."

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Nathan:

Nathan sighs, unsurprised that the others weren't clear on what they wanted to ask. He answers William's question "We're here to ask to check there records, and ask them about the current situation, to make sure our employers, the Merchant Guild, doesn't hide something from us that might endanger our lives."

"While checking the records, we should look for any history of Kobold attacks, attacks in general, the area around this village, the Merchant Guild and it's history of dealings with adventurers like us... Stuff like that. However, if we're only allowed to look through them for a short time, I think we need to prioritize finding out about our employers, and the local geography and wildlife, and it doesn't have to be in that order."

26. - Top - End - #56

PirateCaptain

Aldr:

"Yes..I'll be more then happy to read through the scriptures to find any and all infomation we need."

Aldr looks around.."We just need to get access to those documents."
    Boo!

27. - Top - End - #57
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

William

To his companions William says, "Alright lets see what we can find out." He then aproaches the priestess saying, "Pardon me, ma'am, but we are looking for some information about the recent raids and we would like to peruse any record or annals about the area to help give us any ideas as to how to stop the raids. Could you be so kind as to help us?"