New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default New Hope City - People and organizations

This is the thread for information on people and organizations.

Try to stick to this form, but feel free to edit it where necessary.

Name: Position:

Apparent Age: Apparent sex:

Tag words: place terms that make it easy to search for characters

Type: Is this a major, medium or minor NPC. Only DJ can create major npc's (though ideas are welcome). Major NPC's have or can have a large impact on the city or world. Medium npc's have some influence and can be created by players with my approval. Minor npc's only need to be in here if they are reoccurring. Minor npc's really aren't important enough to be in this forum

Affiliations:

Meta-Powers (if any):

Believed alignment/legality: what do the players think

Thoughts on Meta-People:

Beliefs:

Description:

Notes:

Owner: Only the characters creator (and DJ) have the right to fundamentally alter the character

please edit in changes instead of reposting characters
    Last edited by DJDeMiko; 2009-01-10 at 03:09 AM.
    Annoying Gamer says - Hollywood is sooooooooo unoriginal. Hey, check out my dual wielding drow Drazzit!

Annoying Gamer says - My level 1 character's background is pretty complex. After fighting in the three great wars, he was forced to return home and kill an elder dragon single handily.

2. - Top - End - #2

RogueGuy

Default Re: New Hope City - People and organizations

Name: Mayor Carson Cline Position: Mayor

Apparent Age: 50s Sex: Male

Tag words: Mayor, helpful, supporter, the Cline initiative

Type: Major

Affiliations: The City of New Hope

Status: Alive and in office. The mayor is stressed due to the recent crime waves.

Believed alignment/legality: The mayor has his political enemies, but appears to play by the rules and is even noted for refusing to stoop to smear campaigns during elections.

Thoughts on Meta-people: The mayor publicly supports meta-people who use their powers for good. However, he also frowns on vigilantism and backed a city plan (The Something initiative) to invite meta-people to join the police force as special officers.

Beliefs: He seems to truly believe in his job and the power to help the people of the city. He remains unaffiliated with major political parties, as city law requires, but leans towards liberal plans.

Description: A tall man with graying hair. He often smiles, but the wrinkles around his eyes and forehead show the effects that the job has on him. He wears nice, but off label suits and tries to appear to be a common business man.

Notes: The mayor can be a powerful ally of a law abiding meta-person, especially if they join with the something initiative. He will only ask that you obey the laws of the city.

Owner: DJ
    Annoying Gamer says - Hollywood is sooooooooo unoriginal. Hey, check out my dual wielding drow Drazzit!

Annoying Gamer says - My level 1 character's background is pretty complex. After fighting in the three great wars, he was forced to return home and kill an elder dragon single handily.

3. - Top - End - #3

RogueGuy

Name: Police Commissioner Peter Tarfin

Position: Police Commissioner (elected supervisory position responsible for relations with the public and other areas)

Apparent Age: 60’s Apparent sex: Male

Tag words: Commissioner, wimp

Affiliations: New Hope Police, City of New Hope,

Status: Alive and in office, he is stressed over the recent crime waves
    Believed alignment/legality: While working in a public office, the commissioner often appears to be one of the seedier politicians. His campaigns are full of mud slinging and he has been mocked for seeking media attention and jumping on public fear band wagons. There have been a few scandals, but no allegations have stuck to him.

Thoughts on Meta-People: Publicly, it depends on the political tide. When something heroic happens he is the first to be there shaking the persons hand for photo ops, when something negative (or at least perceived that way by the public) happens, he is the first to be on tv condemning the actions. Privately he knows that meta-people are needed to fight meta-villains and will try to use heroes to do so.

Beliefs: Money and Power. He values himself and his own power and safety above all other things. He thinks people are out to get him and tends to be paranoid about his political enemies plots.

Description: A short squat man with a receding grey hair line, he wears fine glasses. He wears fancy and expensive suits and tends to whine about his health and problems.

Notes: He is an ass. He will bitch and moan about his problems and ask for favors without ever repaying them if he can help it. One moment we will be begging you to rush into a burning building and the next complaining that caused the city money when you broke the hydrant to use the water to put out the building.

4. - Top - End - #4

RogueGuy

Name: Deputy Police Chief Walter Windle

Position: Deputy Police Chief – In New Hope City this is the highest non-elected position. The Deputy Police Chiefs are usually real cops who oversee the departments police matters.

Apparent Age: 60s Apparent sex: Male

Tag words: Deputy Police Chief, lawfull, cline initiative,

Affiliations: Police and allegedly a good friend of Captain Hope

Believed alignment/legality: Very lawful, but known to look the other way as long as justice is served and no one gets hurt

Thoughts on Meta-People: Same as people, good ones should stay so and bad ones should be behind bars

Beliefs: People are basically good and basically stupid. Someone has to protect them from the nastier things out there and he’s damn proud of his boys

Description: Tall, bald and stands up straight. He holds himself up like a general and is often seen as a father figure to other police.

Notes: Windle is a good guy, his job is made difficult by Tarfin and he is known to vent about having a civilian in power over him

5. - Top - End - #5

RogueGuy

Name: Randy the Rabid Rat Roscoe (or something)

Position: Radio shock jock and news host

Apparent Age: 40’s Apparent sex: male

Tag words: radio, news, shock jock

Affiliations: WKNH radio

Believed alignment/legality: Chaotic Good. Randy seems to want the world to be a better place, but tends to delve into offensive and inflammatory material. He is also known for his pranks and angry rants.

Thoughts on Meta-People: They make great material for rants and news shows. He only trusts ones that are government sanctioned (unless he thinks its part of a conspiracy) and believes all the rest are probably dangerous and up to no good.

Beliefs: As a narcissist he loves little more than hearing his own voice. He believes most meta-people are evil, or have the potential to be so and are therefore too dangerous to be free. He is always suspicious of the motives unless they have a clear government backing and no scandals.

Description: Tall, thin and with crazy black hair. He often wears outlandish leather outfits. He is a shameless flirt and will proposition most females upon meeting them.

Notes: He’s not dangerous per say, but he has enough listeners to sway public opinion.

6. - Top - End - #6

RogueGuy

Name: Tompson Technology

Position: Huge corporation with its fingers in much of the US tech industry including military weapons

Apparent Age: founded in 1903

Tag words: Tompson, tech, military, science, meta research

Affiliations: Alleged to have many politicians in its pockets, it is also a major supplier to most of the US Armed Forces.

Status: Making tons of money and staying largely Scandal Free. After the explosion of the top floors of corporate headquarters in New Hope City and the rumors that Captain Hope was Trevor Tompson, Tompson Tech is seen as a loved company.

Meta-Powers (if any): It is rumored, and denied by the company, to have experimented in meta technology

Believed alignment/legality: Its a large corporate business

Thoughts on Meta-People: No official corporate stance. However Trevor Tompson was known to argue for metapeople rights

Description: A giant multi-billion dollar corporation that produces tech, scientific research and weaponry

Notes: Tompson Tech is a household name. While it produces very few private goods that a typical person would buy, components made by the company are in many household devices. Due to the rumors about Captain Hope and an extremely costly public awareness campaign, everyone has at least heard of the company.

Owner: DJ, but feel free to involve employees, offices, etc. Just leave company policy, intrigue, etc to DJ

7. - Top - End - #7

RogueGuy

Name: Trevor Tompson Position: (when alive) Ceo of Tompson Tech and heir to the Tompson fortune

Apparent Age: 40's Apparent sex: male

Tag words: Tompson, captain hope, missing, Cline initiative

Affiliations: Tompson Tech

Status: missing, presumed dead, recently legally declared deceased

Meta-Powers (if any): none known, rumored after disapearance to have been Captain Hope

Believed alignment/legality: Good and lawfull

Thoughts on Meta-People: They deserve all the rights of American citizens

Beliefs: Publicly supported the Cline initiative

Description: A medium height man with black hair and sunglasses. He wears nice business suits and smiles a lot

Notes: Many people now believe that due to Captain Hope and Tompson disappearing on the same day that Tompson was Captain Hope. He was recently declared dead.

8. - Top - End - #8

RogueGuy

Name: The Boss

Position: Meta-person, mob boss, criminal, leader of The Organization

Apparent Age: unknown Apparent sex: Male

Tag words: villain, meta, mastermind, dangerous

Affiliations: The Organization. Numerous gang groups and mob families were loyal to him. The most noted were the Demons, The Faithful, the 54th street killers, The Capiello Family and the Chinese gang that I haven't named yet

Status: Missing, possibly dead – last seen in an exploding building

Meta-Powers: Largely unknown, however during fights with Captain Hope, it was revealed that The Boss seemed to have high strength, was able to absorb hits that would have killed a normal man, was able to wrap shadow around himself and was able to fling fire from his hands.

It has also been believed that The Boss is highly intelligent and has a keen insight on the human mind. He is very skilled with blackmail and bribery.

Believed alignment/legality: Evil and power hungry. The Boss wanted to rule the city and almost did so. He is no stranger to getting his hands dirty, but prefers to let his various minions do the work for him. He is also known to use bribery, blackmail and political scandal to get his way.

Thoughts on Meta-People: Known to employ meta criminals

Beliefs: He seems to want to rule the city. Oddly enough, he seems to want to actually gain control of the government and be seen as a legitimate power.

Description: The Boss was known to wear Incredibly expensive business with expensive hooded business coats. Through careful planning, tricks of the light, his face was rarely seen under the hood, but what could be seen was a pale Caucasian male. Captain Hope once publicly stated that given The Boss’s penchant for trickery, he wouldn’t be shocked that the face seen through the hood was a disguise.

Notes: The Boss was one of the major meta-villains while he was active. After his disappearance/death, the various families and gangs he had united fell apart without his strong rule. It is rumored that The Boss was incredibly charismatic and that many of those who were loyal to him treated him as a priest or god-figure.

Last edited by DJDeMiko; 2009-01-10 at 06:23 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9

RogueGuy

Name Zack Murphy Position: Teen boy

Apparent Age: 16 Apparent sex: Male

Tag words: Meta

Affiliations: none

Status: Zack’s parents died a few years ago and he has lived on the streets since. He keeps to himself

Meta-Powers (if any): None known

Believed alignment/legality: He steals food and supplies to survive, but does it to survive . . . usually. He can be angry, but blames himself for his families death and hates the idea of hurting people.

Thoughts on Meta-People: If they are so great why didn’t one of them save his family

Beliefs: Life’s a bitch and it’s my fault my parents are dead, I can’t give you a reason, but I feel it deep down, I’m a bad person.

Description: An average height teen male. His hair is brown and his eyes are blue. He wears a bright green baseball cap that has “Murphy & Sons” stitched in white on it. He lives on the streets and as such wears multiple layers of dirty dirty clothing. He often has 3-4 layers of pants, jackets and gloves on.

Notes: Any medical doctor will tell you that Zack had nothing to do with his parents death, in fact most would tell you about the sad child sitting by the side of their beds crying and praying. But nevertheless Zack believes he is at fault and ran away from child services. He has lived in the streets and keeps to himself due to his guilt.

10. - Top - End - #10

RogueGuy

Name: Gabriel (Gab – Re - el Position: none

Apparent Age: 30s Apparent sex: Female

Tag words: wings, meta, amnesia, angel

Affiliations: None, though she thinks she’s an angel so I guess God

Meta-Powers (if any): Wings, the ability to generate light from her body, unknown

Believed alignment/legality: Good

Thoughts on Meta-People: meta what?

Beliefs: Good

Description: Gabriel is a tall asian woman who appears to be in her thirties. She is very attractive. She also has large feathered white wings, which she hides under over sized coats, giving her the appearance of a hunch back

Notes: Gabriel has no memory and looks like the classic concept of an angel.

Last edited by DJDeMiko; 2009-01-10 at 03:05 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11

RogueGuy

Name: Charles Craton

Position: Second in Command at The Organization

Apparent Age: 40s Apparent sex: Male

Tag words: criminal, meta, organization

Affiliations: The Organization

Meta-Powers (if any): None known

Believed alignment/legality: criminal, but the kind with loyalty. He has a rep for never turning on anyone who hasn’t wronged him

Thoughts on Meta-People: whatever

Beliefs: loyalty, power, money. The strong rule the weak. Craton doesn’t think he’s the strongest and is happy to attach himself to someone who is.

Description: A tall black man with close cropped hair. Craton is known to never show emotions and some have said that he makes the same face while ****ting, ****ing and killing people

Notes: Craton is a career second-in-command and has no problem with it. He doesn’t believe he is strong enough to rule and has made it a point to become as useful as possible to those who he thinks are. Craton is a criminal, but very loyal. Don’t let his self-esteem fool you, Craton is a very dangerous man.

12. - Top - End - #12

RogueGuy

Name: Captain Hope Position: Hero of New Hope City

Apparent Age: unknown Apparent sex: He sounds male

Tag words: captain hope, meta, suit, missing

Type: major

Affiliations: City of New Hope, New Hope Police

Meta-Powers (if any): Super suit, flight, strength, durability, missiles, pulse weaponry, gadgets, etc

Believed alignment/legality: Lawful good. He supported the Cline initiative

Thoughts on Meta-People: They should use their powers for good

Beliefs: Good above all thing. protect the people

Description: A 7 foot tall metal man. His suit is Blue with Green highlights

Notes: Captain Hope was the resident hero of New Hope City for years. He was last seen fighting The Boss on the top of Tompson Tower and is now presumed dead

13. - Top - End - #13

RogueGuy

Name: Tian Xia

Position: Prominent largely Chinese mob

Apparent Age: Active in the city since the 80's Apparent sex: largely male

Tag words: Tian Xia, mob

Type: Major, though feel free to have run ins with lowly members

Affiliations: The Xia threw in with The Boss during his rise to power.

Status: By allying with The Boss the Xia became the largest asian criminal organization in the city. The higher-ups managed to stay out of jail after The Boss's disappearance, though fearing that The Boss was gone and Captain Hero not, the mob had kept itself largely hidden for years.

Meta-Powers (if any): almost entirely human, though many trained in martial arts

Believed alignment/legality: Criminals, but "lawful" ones. They have many traditions and believe in personal honor, though not to quite the stereotypical view that some westerners have of them.

Thoughts on Meta-People: none

Beliefs: They are slightly disdainful of non-asians and put a large emphasis on personal honor and physical prowess.

Description: A largely asian gang. Originally solely Chinese but during the late 90's began including east-asianers

Notes: A dangerous gang that tends to focus on drugs, weapons and extortion. While their are a few street level gangs that swear loyalty to the Tian Xia, the actual members of the mob are to high-class to lower themselves to street crime.

Last edited by DJDeMiko; 2009-01-10 at 07:55 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14

RogueGuy

Name: The Organization

Position: At its height it was the largest criminal group in the city

Apparent Age: Created in the late 90's

Tag words: Meta, organization, criminal

Affiliations: Many gangs pledged allegiance and as it collapsed it took down a number of crooked politicians as well.

Meta-Powers (if any): led by a meta (The Boss) and known to employ metacriminals

Believed alignment/legality: Criminal and evil

Thoughts on Meta-People: As long as they are loyal

Beliefs: See The Boss

Description: A large crime syndicate that slowly grew to include other large crime syndicates. It collapsed after the disappearance of the Boss when many of its higher ups were killed or imprisoned.

Notes: It is now dead, but many fear that there are signs that the recent criminal surge might be due to The Organization trying to rise again.

15. - Top - End - #15

RogueGuy

Name: Clarice "Clarabell" Belladonna Willson

Position: Painter

Apparent Age: 60s

Apparent sex: Female

Tag words: meta, painter, clarabell

Affiliations:

Meta-Powers (if any): unknown, paints the future

Believed alignment/legality:

Thoughts on Meta-People:

Beliefs:

Description: Clarabell has taken care of herself and looks more like a woman in her 50s. Her once brown hair is now graying and she keeps a set of glasses around a chain on her neck. She often has small smudges of paint on herself

Notes:

16. - Top - End - #16

RogueGuy

Name: Carlos
    Position: unknown

Apparent Age: 30's Apparent sex: Male

Tag words: meta, criminal

Affiliations:

Meta-Powers (if any): super strength

Believed alignment/legality: murderer and thief

Thoughts on Meta-People:

Beliefs:

Description: A short dark skinned man of Latino descent. He wears large but stylish leather overcoats and his short brown hair is always carefully done.

Notes: