New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: Making a Jedi for 3.5 D&D

I build a character with a two handed sword I usually opt for the Jovar from the Planar Handbook. It costs a feat but for that you get an 18-20 crit range and 2d6 damage. Although the price makes it difficult in a strict, low level campaign.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    I'm asking where does that come from? What makes people consider Bastard Sword the cooler of the two?
    In D&D, it has a better picture, and is described as a better sword that requires you to be badass to wield it in one hand. So you get to out reach your opponent while hauling around a sword that indicates capacity beyond the norm. Then there is the name being cooler, which is pretty major.

Again, take the picture of the knight. Strong, badass, able to use heavy weapons, the bastard sword fits. Sure, occasionally you get people like myself who picture a mailed figure with a flat topped helmet on a horse with a wooden shield and a lance, but the heavily armored swordsman on foot is more common, and the knight is connected to an image of a strong person with heavy gear. In the public eye weapons weigh way more than they actually do, as do shields, and armor is cranked up to absurd levels.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Please check the date of the last post before posting on a thread, this is thread necromancy

Forum Rules and the relevant part

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Rules

Thread Necromancy
    Bringing a thread back from "the dead." If a thread hasn't been posted in within the last six weeks, don't reply to it. Start a new topic, if you want to discuss the subject (you are welcome to link to the old thread). If you think it would be better to resurrect an old thread, PM a moderator for that subforum and wait for approval. The original poster of a creation in Homebrew (and only that poster) may revive a creation beyond the six-week threshold without prior Moderator approval.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

4. - Top - End - #34
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Great Modthulhu: Thread Necromancy. Locked.