New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: The Emperors Most Holy Of Inquisition IC

Abigail runs forward, ignoring the other two combatants. Aiming her run directly for the gunman. If she wasn't wearing mask, the man would see his death about to rain down on him. As, underneath her mask was a snarl, that bestial growl that Abigail had be prone to emit as far back as her days in the Progenium. When the scholars deemed her far too violent for her own good.

Operative Knight leaped onto the gunman, her Assassin's Eye aiming her first strike at the man's femoral artery. The knife biting deep into the man's thigh. Strike a man...Here. And he'll bleed out in less than a minute... her training forefront in Abigail's mind. The next attack went for his throat, but, the silly man put his hand up to block that fatal blow, and Knight merely grazed his arm.

But, again, the knife buried in the man's thigh came out, and around, and stabbed into the opposite thigh, causing the man to buckle as the blood in his legs sprayed out from their arteries. Without blood, the legs crumbled as the man fell to his knees. Unsteadily, shakily, the man stared, wide-eyed as in his vision, he finally saw his death.
    As Abigail's knife arced across his jugular artery. Spraying bright red, arterial blood across Abigail's knife, hands and arms. Her hands dripping blood, the man beneath her feet expertly slit, not a single knife-stroke wasted. On the floor, blood pooling around Abigail's feet.

With half her mask covered in blood, a homicidal edge to her voice, she turned to the other men who would threaten her, and her master. Members of His Emperor's Most Holy Inquisition. How dare they. It didn't cross Abby's mind that the assailants didn't know that Abby was part of the Inquisition. Still, pedantics.
    One word. Escaped her lips, in a dark whisper. "Next."

Spoiler
    Show
    I only assumed 4 + 10 (head) + 4 + 14 (leg) + 8 = 40 damage. Killed him. Unless his Toughness is somewhere in the vicinity of 80...He at least takes multiple System Shock tests and a consciousness test. I just assumed that he's dead.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

2. - Top - End - #32
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kol smiled. It seems my assassin is having some fun. But I may need some alive...

Knight, leave one alive!

Kol turns his hand towards one gunman, then the other, then the daemonhost in particular.You are under arrest by the authority of the Inquisition and the Golden Throne.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using Enforce Will on each guy to make them go to their knees, and put their hands above their heads.

Actions: (1d6)[3](1d6)[5](1d6)[3](1d6)[4]

WP checks need to get under 79-1/2 WP of each gunman.
    (1d100)[96]
    (1d100)[25]
    Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2009-01-24 at 09:45 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

The force of your will caused one man to stand upright into the open, dropping his pistol, with stunned and confused expression on his face, yet obeying your command. The other simply shuddered for a moment then raised his weapon.

Spoiler
    Show

Perils of the Warp, im actually going to use the Perils of the Warp Table in Dark Heresey rather than just forcing you to take 2D10 to you WP.
    So here goes: (1d100)[72] Psychic Maddness...everyone in the alley except the psyker is frenzied for 1 round, basically attacking the nearest movement/ person whatever.

EDIT: While waiting for Gorgon:

Courtyard
    The well trained officers of the Arbities, at the moment of spotting two approaching armed men, immediately brought thier weapons to bear, crouched, and almost in sync, fired their shotguns.

Spoiler
    Show

3 Actions: combined crouch/draw basic weapon
    Fire
    Fire

The left arbities office, with his solid fire, shredded the first attacked, leaving him a limp body on the ground. The right however, was not as lucky, producing enough force, to hurl the man backwards, he was very much alive, returning fire, blasting the arbities back, though most of the damage waqas prevented due to his armour.

Apartment building

The rustling noises continue for a brief moment but eventually stops. A small creak of leather (most likely from tight fitting armour) is heard down the hall. Very little movement accurs and the hall becomes uncomfortably quiet.
    Last edited by king.com; 2009-01-25 at 08:44 PM.
    Many thanks to Z-axis for the great avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Saldre View Post
    you know whats worse than a regular Daemon-host? A Daemon-host with a Plasma Cannon.
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomLunatic
    "Eh. I do to 'Mechs what Simon does to American Idol contestants."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

The techpriest growled when the first aimed shot missed its target. Irritated by his own incompetence he started firing again and again until his target dropped dead; or he run out of ammo.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

I guess new round has started so I fire as many times as I can, one shot at a time to the only target left in the courtyard. I dunno if he was the own I aimed for in the last round. BS:56 + the range finder
    So for the 4 moves
    (1d6)[4] ,(1d6)[5], (1d6)[4], (1d6)[1]

For each move:
    (1d100)[63]
    (2d6+2)[8]
    (1d100)[45]
    (2d6+2)[7]
    (1d100)[94]
    (2d6+2)[10]
    (1d100)[88]
    (2d6+2)[6]

PS: roll damn you roll!
    Last edited by GPF; 2009-01-26 at 05:44 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Dos' more mundane eyes creak open a millimetre or so. He heard that. And it wasn't good.

Spoiler
    Show
    Pause for breath (lightning reflexes is a pretty cool guy).

(1d6)[2]
    (1d6)[6]
    (1d6)[3]
    (1d6)[5]
    (1d6)[2]

What's the door made of, as far as I can see?

6. - Top - End - #36

Brandon Pallens Actions
    Spoiler
    Show

(1d6)[4],(1d6)[1],(1d6)[3],(1d6)[6]

Frenzy so:

Charge Kol (draw power knife)
    Attack
    Attack
    Attack

First Attack HIT
    (1d100)[16] WS 69 ( +10 reach)

Second Attack
    (1d100)[84] WS 69 ( +10)

Third Attack
    (1d100)[57] WS 69 ( +10)

What do you want to do Gray, dodge i assume or take the hit like a man!

NPC (with gun)
    Spoiler
    Show

Shoots at Faith/Brandon: Miss
    Shoots at Faith/Brandon: Miss
    Shoots at Faith/Brandon: Hits Brandon in the Abdomen for 10 damage (before armour).

NPC (stanidn in middle of alleyway)
    Spoiler
    Show

Draws melee weapon
    charges Abigail: hits Chest, 5 damage (you can parry or dodge it though).
    Attacks : Miss

Also, the door is most likely made of cheap metal, although it is open at the moment with a man standing there.

ACTION ORDER
    Gunman
    Abigail Knight
    Kol Jerem
    Brandon Pallen
    NPC Baddies

Dos Deschan
    Helmuth Yohn
    Sniper
    NPC Baddies

Faith Felixsson
    Brother Exercitus
    Arbities NPCs
    NPC Baddies
    Last edited by king.com; 2009-02-07 at 12:16 AM.

you know whats worse than a regular Daemon-host? A Daemon-host with a Plasma Cannon.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Dos stood, facing the gunman in the doorway. Raising a hand in greeting, a disarming gesture full of charm and confidence, he simply stood there - warm, friendly open. Sure, a guns-akimbo agent of the Most Holy Inquisition had stationed himself beside the Navigator Master, with intent on riddling whatever leads presented themselves with lead, but that couldn't be allowed to break his style.

Hi there.

And then there was chaos. Not the chaos of hubbub - psychic parlour tricks like knocking stuff over weren't really Dos' scene - but Chaos - and not the gribbling, ruinous powers, 'let us rampage through the universe wrecking stuff', sort, either. This was the pure, unadulterated form of the warp, a sight as familiar to his kind as shoddy wallpaper was to hoteliers, but something not good for the psyche of your average thug.

A good few seconds of this darkness visible relayed directly into the optic nerve should do the trick. The defence mechanisms common to all but the most open minds would stop him from simply dying then and there, but he wouldn't be in a good state afterwards.

Stepping forward a step or two, so as not to break eye-contact, he shrugged, indicating that Helmut should go on.

Time to break out the whole 'I am an Inquisitor witness my rosette and hear me roar' routine. You might also want to do something about the guy with the rifle.

8. - Top - End - #38

Spoiler
    Show

Nerve Test 1 (1d100)[18] 30
    Nerve Test 2 (1d100)[63] 30

Fail 1: Stunned (1d3)[3], W loss: (1d10)[2]
    Fail 2: Stunned (1d3)[2]

Apartments
    The sudden jolt of fear stemmed into the thug, his resistence managed to limit the impact but the force overwhelmed him. He collapsed agaisnt the door frame, blood trickling down his nose.

Alleyway
    As the rabid human, lunged himself at Abigail, she herself demonstrated her own brutality, in its more, assasin-like grace. The first few slices were legitament self-defence strikes, cutting a ligament in the leg, slicing the hamstring in the other. By the 6th or 7th strike, it was pure frenzy, a hunk of meat (which had presumably been the mans genitals) was ripped free. His cheek was pierced with another blow, although this had been several seconds after he had died. effectively, Abigail had been covered in blood, and the remains of an incosiderate gentleman.
    Last edited by king.com; 2009-01-30 at 06:06 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kol Jerem

As the inquisitor invoked the warp, he realised he had lost control of it. Straining to keep it in balance, he endeavoured to keep one under his control. He drew his autopistol, and fired at the remaining gunmen (if any). Otherwise, he points his gun at the Daemonhost.

Why is it that they never listen to "halt"?

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Declaring my actions to draw my autopistol and fire at any remaining gunmen. (1d6)[3] (1d6)[5] (1d6)[6] (1d6)[6]

BS 69
    (1d100)[68]
    (2d6)[8]

(1d100)[93]
    (2d6)[8]

(1d100)[76]
    (2d6)[6]

(1d100)[19]
    (2d6)[11]

I hope I did this right...

10. - Top - End - #40

Since nobody is replying...

The autopistol cracked and hammered the thug gunman in the right arm. Having faced down some of the psychic force, he managed to ignore the pain, and refocus his sights.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Dos Deschan

One down for the count, and some other man-mental* with a sniper rifle lurking up in the room beyond yonder portal. Frickin' unbelievable.

This called for some more direct tactics. No warp-play here, but rather the judicious application, or threat, of bullets. Clipping a pair of the tiny, disturbingly dense neptunium tabs that the coilgun accepted into the requisite slot, Dos jinked and scrambled up the stairs, gun held out before him like the cane of a determined blind man.

Screaming his favoured battlecry - 'I'm gonna brainpunch ya!' (you had to be there to appreciate it. It also helped if you were aware that the third eye of a navigator arguably was capable of having an effect similar to a balled fist) - Deschan burst into the room, aiming his gun at the sniper. A slight motion with the barrel indicated that he wouldn't mind if the man stepped away from his weapon.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d6)[4]
    (1d6)[4]
    (1d6)[6]
    (1d6)[5]
    (1d6)[2]

Drawing my naval pistol while evading up the stairs, chambering two bullets while evading up the stairs and shouting 'I'M GONNA BRAIN PUNCH YA', going onto overwatch (he shoots) for the last one.

Four successes, shame I didn't think to load more rounds.

*At least, so Dos presumed. That incident with the plasma cannon-toting genestealer had demonstrated to the Navigator the value of discarding false axioms.
    Last edited by Illiterate Scribe; 2009-02-06 at 06:39 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d6)[2]
    (1d6)[4]
    (1d6)[2]
    (1d6)[1]
    Just gonna meditate for teleport the entire round.

Brandon wakes out of the frenzy, confused for a second... then mad. At himself for allowing this to happen, and at his enemy for forcing it to happen. And the day was going so very well beforehand... he meditates, readying a powerful ability.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

13. - Top - End - #43

@ Dos

Barging into the room, your weapon drawn, you find... nothing.

The window's gentle breeze waffting into the room. There appears to be a side door but it only leads into the toilet. The room is messy and littered with more than a few caffeine pill rappers. A bipod lies on the far wall, with its screws still stuck into a piece of wood once belonging to the window frame. Even from here you can see the view out into the courtyard...
    Last edited by king.com; 2009-02-07 at 06:06 PM.