New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default New Hope City - Misc

This is the thread for information that doesn't quite fit on the other threads.
    Annoying Gamer says - Hollywood is sooooooooo unoriginal. Hey, check out my dual wielding drow Drazzit!

Annoying Gamer says - My level 1 character's background is pretty complex. After fighting in the three great wars, he was forced to return home and kill an elder dragon single handily.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Re: New Hope City - Misc

What: The Cline Initiative

Keywords: This is a piece of city law that allows meta-people who wish to fight crime have a loop hole through the vigilante laws.

Creator: A number of public officials and meta people. It was named after Mayor Cline.

Benefits: As long as you are not violating too many laws (especially through violence) you can safely hide behind the NHCP and don't need to fear arrest. You will also have access to police files and can browse through what is sort of a help-wanted bulletin board on the Cline initiative website. The website is a good place to browse recent crime reports as well as apb's and other crime-fighting type things.

Requirements: You must do at least one of the following

1. You must either submit identification which would include fingerprints and/or DNA

2. Turn over large enough assets to help protect the city from possible lawsuits (and serves as a penalty for going against the rules)

3. Find a citizen to vouch for you (which involves agreeing to be held financially liable for your actions)
    Annoying Gamer says - Hollywood is sooooooooo unoriginal. Hey, check out my dual wielding drow Drazzit!

Annoying Gamer says - My level 1 character's background is pretty complex. After fighting in the three great wars, he was forced to return home and kill an elder dragon single handily.