New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Phase's Phully Phormed, Phalangeal, and Phantasmagorical Random Banter #112

This thread has not yet been blessed! Someone summon a boogiemeister, quick! D=
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Phase's Phully Phormed, Phalangeal, and Phantasmagorical Random Banter #112

Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    I did wear a Groucho stache for my yearbook picture this year...

...maybe I should scan it...
    Well now you have to, since you've mentioned it.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    This thread has not yet been blessed! Someone summon a boogiemeister, quick! D=
    Lo siento, no comprendo.
    This avatar by Phase.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Banned

ghost warlock, I like that explanation, especially the second half of it, which answered questions I hadn't vocalized. Maybe it is just the miserable march of "not my fault!" which keeps retelling the media-copycat-suicide myth.

jack squat, I give you one subvocal grunt of "preach it, brother".

There's such a thing as feminist debate while surrounded by noise and glow sticks, but it isn't obvious since it isn't the driving force of the conversation. It's easy to let your eye get distracted by the fluff and miss ideas being exchanged. Go look up the posts of Jae as an example of a female who's thinking without worrying about Weighty Thoughts.

Coidzor (below): Weighty Thoughts would be the kind of self-conscious twaddle I post.
    Last edited by Quincunx; 2009-01-12 at 10:53 AM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    Case in point: never trust anyone else's statistics. Ever.
    That was the first thing my statistics class taught me. Never trust anyone else's statistics because odds are they're trying to screw with you. Kind of left it up to us to go from first principles about how to best screw with others using our statistics though...

...Rather, it's that racism does not mean that one is against the concept/construct of race, but that one discriminates in some way internal or external against others based upon their race, usually while holding up one's own race as a paragon of something or other.

That's what I took it to mean when it was said that racism doesn't mean anti-race. <_< >_>

...What are these Weighty Thoughts you speak of?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

As a native Oklahoman, I kinda resent how we were portrayed in the Grapes of Wrath. Beyond that, it was a long and boring book that was forced down my throat over the summer before my Junior year of high school.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    Well now you have to, since you've mentioned it.
    Aww...but it's a bad picture of me. Apart from the stache. That part is absolutely magnificent. Fine grade A liphairs imported straight from scenic China.

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    Lo siento, no comprendo.
    You know, the whole *BOOGIE!* thing whenever there's a new thread? I think Jibar started it.

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    ...Rather, it's that racism does not mean that one is against the concept/construct of race, but that one discriminates in some way internal or external against others based upon their race, usually while holding up one's own race as a paragon of something or other.

That's what I took it to mean when it was said that racism doesn't mean anti-race. <_< >_>
    That is what I was essentially trying to say with all my inelegant babble. I just didn't phrase it quite so nicely. >_<
    Last edited by Sneak; 2009-01-12 at 10:54 AM.

8. - Top - End - #68

NecromancerGuy

That is what I was essentially trying to say with all my inelegant babble. I just didn't phrase it quite so nicely. >_<
    Ah, don't sweat it, I have more days than not where I blank out on how to say that je ne seis quoi.

For some strange reason, getting to come back to my room and get ready inbetween classes just makes me want to take a 2 hour nap. When I should go out again and get lunch. I should probably think of something to do with myself during this window.... Anyway...

*BOOGIES DOWN WITH A CLOWN!*
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

On a completely unrelated note:

I HAS AN IDEA FOR MY BOOK!

*performs a truly epic air guitar riff*

I even have a title for it.

*resumes plotting and cackling evilly*

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

Kicks back with Shaq
    I thought a trend was starting or something.
    How has everyone been today?
    This avatar pierces the heavens and is by Miss Nobody!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

11. - Top - End - #71

I still need a good title for mine. Soon, too, since I'm around 2/3 of the way through it.

Of course, after that comes the rewrite with the new idea...so I may have a while yet.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Banned

I still need a good title for mine. Soon, too, since I'm around 2/3 of the way through it.

Of course, after that comes the rewrite with the new idea...so I may have a while yet.
    'The best book evah'?

'Buy my book: I will get money'?

'What this book isn't about? Clowns.'?

'Get a new haircut, you look ridiculous.'?

13. - Top - End - #73

'What this book isn't about? Clowns.'?
    This is now the title of my next project. I have no idea what it'll be about, but this will definitely be the title.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

This is now the title of my next project. I have no idea what it'll be about, but this will definitely be the title.
    You could give it an ironic twist and make the book about clowns.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Banned

You could give it an ironic twist and make the book about clowns.
    Quite the plot twist.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ettin in the Playground

Quite the plot twist.
    Perhaps the clowns could be undercover cops trying to infiltrate a crime syndicate made entirely of clowns.
    Or one of the clowns is a dragon, who is trying to eat the other clowns one by one.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

17. - Top - End - #77

NecromancerGuy

Some titles I had just laying on my sticky notes...

"The Genetic Prerogative"
    "Sex: The Early Years"

"The Writers' Voices: getting to know the Muse through 12 young writers" (laying away for the day when I have the ability to do cruel experiments on young children...)

"Dishabilophobia and worse: One man's journey through the seedy underbelly of fear"

V: But, y'know. Mostly white males between the ages of 16 and 45.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-01-12 at 11:51 AM.
    Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #78
    Barbarian in the Playground

It's possible to have fun writing an essay. You've just got to write about the right things...
    I think my favorite essay was the one comparing Charles Manson to Jeffrey Dahmer. It just served to prove that anyone, ANYone, can be a serial killer.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!
    Officially putting in for an extended leave of absence.

19. - Top - End - #79

Quote Originally Posted by Fredthefighter View Post
    Perhaps the clowns could be undercover cops trying to infiltrate a crime syndicate made entirely of clowns.
    "Bonzo readied his .38 Merengue Special. Things were looking...goofy...and might get more than a little messy before they could high-tail it outta there. He looked to his sidekick, Chuckles. "You ready?"

Chuckles nodded, smiling.

"Then let's go!"

All 38 of the Special Clown Force piled out of the car and into the warehouse."

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

'Who Gnu'

'Trebuchet: 1 Ungulate: 0'

'Build Your Own Causinae in Five Easy Steps'

'Home Guide to Angioplasty'

Edit: 'Anyone Can be a Serial Killer and You Can Too!'
    Last edited by ghost_warlock; 2009-01-12 at 11:57 AM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

I was thinking more along the lines of "the wacky adventures of a pathological liar at a circus," but the cops idea works too.

@^^:

That's great.

Favorite line:

"Chuckles nodded, smiling."

22. - Top - End - #82

NecromancerGuy

Indeed. I c... err... Lol'd... yeah... Lol'd...

Nice little snidbit. Probably would work better as a short story first though, just to work out the balloon animal fighting rings properly...
    Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

How about Scribblings of a Madman?

24. - Top - End - #84

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Indeed. I c... err... Lol'd... yeah... Lol'd...

Nice little snidbit. Probably would work better as a short story first though, just to work out the balloon animal fighting rings properly...
    ""Alright, we know you're in there! Come on out!" Bonzo yelled into the megaphone. They'd spent weeks running down lead after lead on this balloon-animal ring, and now they finally had 'em cornered. "We've got the place surrounded! Come on out and noone has to get pied!"

No answer. Chuckles squeeked his horn worriedly.

"I know, kid...somethin's not right."

The first pop drove the point home.

"They're poppin' all the animals. Get in there!" The sound of rapid footsteps drowned out the popping, but they were too late. Inside all they found were little pieces of balloon, it was grisly. Chuckles couldn't take it, started throwing up right there. "It's ok, kid, let it out. Seein' stuff like this never gets any easier...""

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    How about Scribblings of a Madman?
    Or possibly "I wrote this with the blood of my enemies"
    Cristo, I can already see that idea being a best seller, it may even have a movie based on it.
    Last edited by Fredthefighter; 2009-01-12 at 12:19 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

And you just know the villain of that story has to be a mime. No love for the mimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

27. - Top - End - #87

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    And you just know the villain of that story has to be a mime. No love for the mimes.
    CSI Edition!

""Quite the scene we've got here, Bonzo." It really was, custard and clown shoes everywhere. Whatever happened here, it must've been big.

But Bonzo wasn't interested in that, he was busy with their only suspect. "What went down here? Come on, buddy, talk!"

The suspect yawned dramatically, and silently, and leaned against an invisible wall.

"What do you want I should do with this one?" The beat cop asked.

Bonzo smiled. "Take him with us. A mime is a terrible thing to waste."

...I'm goin' to hell for that one...

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Quite correct there Reinholdt, quite correct, perhaps the mime should be a psychotic serial killer who likes to use explosives to kill his victims.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

CSI Edition!

""Quite the scene we've got here, Bonzo." It really was, custard and clown shoes everywhere. Whatever happened here, it must've been big.

But Bonzo wasn't interested in that, he was busy with their only suspect. "What went down here? Come on, buddy, talk!"

The suspect yawned dramatically, and silently, and leaned against an invisible wall.

"What do you want I should do with this one?" The beat cop asked.

Bonzo smiled. "Take him with us. A mime is a terrible thing to waste."

...I'm goin' to hell for that one...
    You ought to take this to the shipping thread.
    Keep them coming.

30. - Top - End - #90

Quote Originally Posted by Fredthefighter View Post
    Quite correct there Reinholdt, quite correct, perhaps the mime should be a psychotic serial killer who likes to use explosives to kill his victims.
    Kinda hard to do an evil monologue in pantomime, though...

*shakes fist at invisible society*

*mimes setting a bomb*

*silent maniacal laughter*