New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Phase's Phully Phormed, Phalangeal, and Phantasmagorical Random Banter #112

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    You're a trenchcoated, armed lycanthrope in RL? O_o

*runs away!*
    Have you seen BladeRunner? As long as you aren't a Replicant, you are safe.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Phase's Phully Phormed, Phalangeal, and Phantasmagorical Random Banter #112

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Have you seen BladeRunner? As long as you aren't a Replicant, you are safe.
    Silly Badass Longcoat. You is the replicant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Silly Badass Longcoat. You is the replicant.
    I take it you've seen the Directors cut too then?

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    No no no. You've been told wrong. You don't use submarines to fight bears.
    You use tanks. Lots of tanks.
    Ah.

Aren't submariens the "chicken of the sea?"

Er, tanks. Yes. Tanks of the sea.

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    I fail to see a walrus.
    Blood. Loss. Well, you know the saying: "when your head is bleeding, your sole's in danger."

5. - Top - End - #125
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_warlock View Post
    "when your head is bleeding, your sole's in danger."
    Must protect fish!
    Why cannot life be simple? I am simple, therefore surely something that i try to do must also be simple

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ettin in the Playground

The boards are all wonky. I hope they don't go down for weeks like last time!

7. - Top - End - #127
    Orc in the Playground

Phew, I thought that it was my connection, which for some reason is slow this evening, although the playground seems to be slower than the rest by a long chalk.

Edit:
    @V Nooooo I am now paranoid again! Its just my connection that it slow, everyone else just gets wierd!
    Last edited by eidreff; 2009-01-12 at 07:05 PM.
    Why cannot life be simple? I am simple, therefore surely something that i try to do must also be simple

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

Annnnnnd another slow night in the playground.

The boards aren't that slow to load, are they? They've only been a bit weird for me, and right now they're working perfectly.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Annnnnnd another slow night in the playground.

The boards aren't that slow to load, are they? They've only been a bit weird for me, and right now they're working perfectly.
    *supplies RB with amphetamines*

*is arrested* v.v

I tried, Sneak!
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm gonna pitch out this idea in here first, and get people's opinions.

I got a nifty idea for an Avatar week, possibly for next week or the week after. How does "hedgehog week" sound? Everyone makes an OotS hedgehog version of their avis? I know it seemed a little far fetched, but it sounded cool in my head.

-Slayer Draco Doll by Recaiden

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer Draco View Post

I got a nifty idea for an Avatar week, possibly for next week or the week after. How does "hedgehog week" sound? Everyone makes an OotS hedgehog version of their avis? I know it seemed a little far fetched, but it sounded cool in my head.
    Too many avatar weeks! Ahhh! *head explodes*

But seriously, I'll do it after I show off my new avvie a bit more . Sounds fun. I wonder hoe many people are going to forget and put up a generic picture of Sonic .
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

12. - Top - End - #132

NecromancerGuy

^: Ahh!! Attack of the sonic recolors!!!

Well, so far we have Lovecraftian Horror, Steampunk, Cyberpunk, and Food being bandied about, so one more in the mix shouldn't hurt anything too much. Y'know?

So I just got back a little while ago from coffee with a friend I haven't seen since before graduation. She looks like she's 26 or something. When last I saw her she still was one of those quiet, scrunched up girls with glasses that you don't know how much of them is just clothing and bodies underneath it and such.

So I'm over here singing Cousin Dupree and laughing.

In other news. I have an apartment warming party to go to tonight.

I'm bringing a bottle of sparkling non-alcoholic crap. It's actually tasty, but, y'know, age of buying crap. Plus it's always a hoot to have people get confused by it.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-01-12 at 07:15 PM.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #133

Quote Originally Posted by Mrmud View Post
    Too many avatar weeks! Ahhh! *head explodes*

But seriously, I'll do it after I show off my new avvie a bit more . Sounds fun. I wonder hoe many people are going to forget and put up a generic picture of Sonic .
    Well, then they'd be lame-o's for doing that.

I'll wait until the week after Real You Week. That should give people some time to make their avis.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, then they'd be lame-o's for doing that.

I'll wait until the week after Real You Week. That should give people some time to make their avis.
    Okay sounds like a plan. Although I don't exactly have a sy in the date/time, can it be sometime in Mid- February? . I'd be over joyed if that's possible.
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground

*supplies RB with amphetamines*

*is arrested* v.v

I tried, Sneak!
    NUUUUU!

Anyway, I'd say hedgehog week is a fine idea, but I think next week is a little soon. EDIT: If that's what you meant by "wait a week," I may have misinterpreted that. Did you mean wait a week to announce it?

Yeah, I mostly just like the idea because it gives me a chance to be obnoxious and make Tails-Sneak instead.

Anyway, here's my idea for a week: generic board avatar week. That's right, you just use one of the Giant's avatars built into the board.

All the custom avatars are nice and all, but, well, genericness is good too. I kind of miss the days where almost everyone had a premade avatar, and custom avatars were something unique.

Veera is still my hero.
    Last edited by Sneak; 2009-01-12 at 07:22 PM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Anyway, here's my idea for a week: generic board avatar week. That's right, you just use one of the Giant's avatars built into the board.

All the custom avatars are nice and all, but, well, genericness is good too. I kind of miss the days where almost everyone had a premade avatar, and custom avatars were something unique.
    I like this idea...might dig up the smilies I uploaded for Kick it Back week as well.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Firbolg in the Playground

Do I count already? Sneak: That doesn't strike me as a good idea. Maybe it's cause I'm new, but I get a little confused when I see the same avatar post 4 times in a row because several people have the same one. Unless it's Zeta Kai in the homebrew forum.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Do I count already? Sneak: That doesn't strike me as a good idea. Maybe it's cause I'm new, but I get a little confused when I see the same avatar post 4 times in a row because several people have the same one. Unless it's Zeta Kai in the homebrew forum.
    You'd have died during clone week or Amotis day then.

I think there was another day like that, but I can't remember what it is...

19. - Top - End - #139

No, I was here for clone week, and may have been lurking during Amotis day. It's the slight variations that get me. I grew up in a time of custom avatars.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

oh, I remembered the other one...Swap week. That one is a bit more fun with all customized avatars.

Recaiden, we like to mess with newbies during these things...think of it as tradition.

21. - Top - End - #141

NecromancerGuy

So that's why there's all these themed weeks... I was wondering. <_< >_>

It's done to mess with noobs, not for S's and G's? Hmm hmm.

Swap week sounds fun. Especially if you do it immediately after another theme....
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-01-12 at 07:48 PM.
    Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

I say that there needs to be another Gender-Bender week since I missed the first one.

23. - Top - End - #143

Here, I have an idea. I'll go make a thread where we can pitch ideas for different themed weeks, and then we'll vote on which idea we like most.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

I say that there needs to be another Gender-Bender week since I missed the first one.
    Seconded, I want an oportunity to use my Marylin Monroe Coplantor avatar
    I WAS THERE
    Life is like a dungeon master, if it smiles at you, you just know that something terrible is about to happen

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Sane.... isn't the word I'd use with you, Coplantor. Or myself, in fact. With myself, I'd say obssessive. With you, I'd say.... Coplantor.

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ettin in the Playground

Isn't it annually, at the week of/around Valentine's? I think I joined in the midst of the first...
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

26. - Top - End - #146

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Do I count already?
    Echidnas are not hedgehogs. So, no.

And I think by Swap week you mean Mistaken Identity week. In retrospect, I kinda wish I'd taken part in that.
    Of course, it may have been back before I had an avatar or signature, which would be an obvious reason why I didn't...
    Last edited by Thufir; 2009-01-12 at 08:01 PM.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

Here, I have an idea. I'll go make a thread where we can pitch ideas for different themed weeks, and then we'll vote on which idea we like most.
    Eh, I think we need a thread where we can vote on the creation of that thread first.

Anyway, I still like the idea of the "back to basics," non-custom avatar week, but I'm up for anything, really.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Isn't it annually, at the week of/around Valentine's? I think I joined in the midst of the first...
    I'd do it around Valentines Day too. That way it give people a while to get their new avvies and allows me to break in my current avatar.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

OK, what about a week week? We choose diiferent days and we behave like we are that day! Eh?
    I WAS THERE
    Life is like a dungeon master, if it smiles at you, you just know that something terrible is about to happen

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Sane.... isn't the word I'd use with you, Coplantor. Or myself, in fact. With myself, I'd say obssessive. With you, I'd say.... Coplantor.

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

I say we have "Secret Week." We'll all make a huge deal about "secret week" and how everyone has to get new avatars and prepare everything, etc., and then we won't actually change anything. And then we make a huge deal about changing back and celebrating the end of the week, and then we still don't change anything.

It'll be pretty much what we do now, but without all the hassle of actually preparing.

And it's just an added bonus if new people are really, really confused.
    Last edited by Sneak; 2009-01-12 at 08:09 PM.