New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: All Flesh Must Be Eaten Survival Game

Allen Crawford
    "You guys aren't seriously thinking the same thing I'm thinking, are you? I mean, that's f****** crazy. It can't be that, they're just on some new drug or something."
    GENERATION 13: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.
    Talk to LordRod if you want him to make you an avatar as cool as mine.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Everyone (important)

David sighs and address everyone. "It's hard to believe, but its just like the movies. Early last week there was a new report about a man getting up in the middle of an operation and attacking the surgeons. Being a slow news day a camera crew went to the hospital to hunt for a follow up story. A few minutes later I found myself watching a live broadcast of the sh*t hitting the fan. The crew were interviewing a panicky woman outside the hospital ranting about dead patients attacking the staff. As she spoke people started running out of the hospital. A guy ran up to the crew and told them to get the cops and get out of there. A passing car hit one of the men who had just ran out. The camera focused in on the crash. The driver went to check the man, but the man just got straight up. His chest was all indented and bloody. The driver offered him a hand when the man grabbed hold of him and bit in his throat. The driver dropped to the floor in a messy puddle but got straight back up and started wandering towards the camera crew. Another fleeing woman ran up to the crew and told them to run for it as more bloodied and battered people started walking out of the hospitals front doors. Some of them had dressing gowns on, others had doctors scrubs, a few looked like normal civilians. Things went downhill fast from there. A few people were caught and attacked, others were trampled in the panic, others hit by cars. Cops arrived on the scene but got overrun. The news started showing footage from other countries; France, China, India, all showing the same scene. People dying left right and centre and just getting up and attacking passers by.
    The cities turned into pits of chaos and the countryside locked up.
    I called my wife but there was no answer. I called some of the boys in town here on the island. They said the island should be fine since the only way to get here is by boat. I decided to lock up the house here just in case.
    I stayed watching the news. The anchor said that they had barricaded the broadcasting centre and they would continue to keep everyone updated. They filmed the streets from the roof of the studio. Information was scarce. The government's only input was to stay indoors. The studio crew got less formal as the hours passed with cameras moving to the windows and the staff giving what input they could. A few people said the people reminded them of zombies from the movies, so they started calling them zombies. I did too.
    The hours passed slowly. there wasn't much anyone could do but either sit tight and watch. The news was the same around the world: the dead were rising and attacking the living. It seemed that anyone who died would rise, not just those who were attacked by zombies. Car crash victims, suicides, drownings, anyone. Some people tried fighting back but hitting the zombies had little or no effect. Most were overcome by the sheer numbers, other fled back indoors. Some zombies had started scratching at the barricaded doors of the studio, but didn't come close to breaking through. Seems that they only attacked people and didn't understand things like windows and doors. They walked into them or past them like walls.
    Things stayed pretty quiet everywhere until nightfall. When it got dark, things changed. I think I'm going to need another drink to tell you guys the rest.
    My good man, if you will?"

He tilts his glass towards Mark.

OOC
    Wall of backstory. Hope you guys like it.
    Last edited by Jimp; 2009-01-22 at 09:08 PM.
    Dub Club in the Playground
    I need a new signature.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Halfling in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Mark Lopes

Momentarily shocked, Mark fills David's glass.
    "I don't think we have enough wine", he says in amazement, with his eyes on the old man as if to check if he could have just made that story up. Mark somehow knew he didn't.

OOC
    Hehe, that looks really good, I'm excited to hear what else he has to say.
    Last edited by Deimos_; 2009-01-22 at 09:03 PM.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Dwarf in the Playground

Allen Crawford
    "......You know, if I hadn't see those damn things myself, I'd think you were bat s*** crazy. Hell, even after the beach I still can't believe it."
    Allen looks around the room at the others, trying to asses how freaked out everyone's getting.

OCC
    Nice nice. Have we been told what the best way to take them down is yet?
    GENERATION 13: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.

5. - Top - End - #125

RedWizardGuy

OOC
    I'm deducing some stuff here, the four at the beach needed headshots, but the captain didn't... maybe it varies.

6. - Top - End - #126

OOC
    Jack
    Yep remember that he told you on the beach that headshots were the only only way to keep them down? The post where he does is just over halfway down the third page. This applies to the ones on the beach at least
    I need a new signature.

7. - Top - End - #127

Demetrius North

"No way, no ****ing way are we dealing with.... zombies? Honest to god or Satan or who ever is running the show now, zombies?" Demetrius clasped his hand to his head and peeked in on hi s girl right quick before stepping back. Then he just starts shaking his head back and forth and muttering, "I was just joking." Over and over.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nice, juicy plot. :P

8. - Top - End - #128
    Dwarf in the Playground

Allen Crawford
    "Alright, calm down everyone. So, you said that they're going to come back tonight sometime? Then I think we should get a move one. This doesn't seem like the most defensible position, so we should try to find someplace with more people, thicker walls, and more guns. Do you happen to have anything lying around here that would make a good weapon? I've only got eight shots left, and Demetrius is running low too if I remember right."

OCC
    I think it's time to go back to the killing fields.

9. - Top - End - #129

Nathan
    "Wait, I can check to see if there's something close by we can use for cover or whatever."

OOC
    If Nathan thinks the place they are right now is strong enough, he adds:
    "But it's not like we're in a, how did you put it, death trap anymore.
    End of OOC, back IC

As Nathan types in his computer (Computer Use check or something?), he speaks some more.

"So, logic tells me their body has to run on something, right? I mean, the reason we eat is to get energy to function. That must apply to them as well. Any chance we can let them starve to death?"

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC

That was probably a bit too much to assume.

Also, yes, very awesome so far.

10. - Top - End - #130

RedWizardGuy

OOC
    Remember that he still has something to say guys.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Dwarf in the Playground

Allen Crawford
    "Alright, pour the man another glass, and let's hear the rest of what he has to say."

OCC
    Wow, I'd completely forgotten that he had more to say.

12. - Top - End - #132

OOC

Ugh, my bad. Nevermind my last post.

13. - Top - End - #133

Everyone (important)

David downs his drink quickly and sighs deeply.
    "I know, it sounds like the movies. I wouldn't have believed it either if I didn't watch people dying on live TV. Things only got worse at night.
    When it got dark, the zombies changed. They got faster, stronger, smarter. Almost predatory. Instead of limping and shuffling around, they started to run. Instead of grabbing and biting, the started pushing and clawing. Instead of wandering around until they saw someone, they started noticing signs of life. The crew in the studio filmed zombies breaking down the doors and windows of a building a block away that had the lights on inside. They shut their own lights off after that. Soon after they filmed a group trying to move from one building to another. As they ran one of them tripped and sweared. The zombies heard and ran for him. They ripped him to shreds. The rest of the group tried to outrun them, but they got tired and slowed, The zombies don't tire, they just keep running. They didn't last long.
    Watching the city at night was tense. It was deadly quiet. The only noise was that of zombies running around. Occasionally a zombie would scream the most horrible scream and others would run towards it. The crew in the studio kept quiet. Most of them went to sleep with a few left to man the cameras and keep watch overnight.
    I watched every second of that night. I was too scared to sleep. The studio crew managed to keep going too, which was a major morale boost for me.
    In the morning the zombies went back to normal. Slow and easily out witted. The crew filmed groups of survivors moving around between buildings gathering food and other supplies. Those that picked their moment were alright. The zombies couldn't keep up with them. A few spent too long at locked doors or searching for certain things, the zombies slowly but surely caught up and overwhelmed them. The crew had enough food in the stuido to keep them going. I fell asleep in my chair.
    When I woke up the news team were still going. City was pretty quiet. A few fires had broken out, not much else had happened. I decided to get to work and boarded up my windows, just in case. Took a few hours to move everything and take stuff apart, but I managed it. Called my wife again, still no answer. Called one of the boys in town. He said his brothers went out during the night to check on the other people in the island but never came back. He asked if I had seen them, when I told him that I never saw them he started to cry, We both assumed the worst. I told him he could come down to my house if he thought he couldn't hold his by himself. He said he would come over, but he never did. I assumed the worst.
    Night came again and once again I was glued to the television crew and once again I fell asleep in my chair.
    The next day was mostly the same. Tried improving my barricades, checked my supplies, called my wife, no answer, watched the TV.
    That night the zombies broke through to the studio. One of the crew's cell phone fell out of his shirt pocket from the roof. He thought he lost it indoors and called it. The ringing outside the studio alerted the horde, and they came running. They fought bravely. They kept their barricades strong and tried setting fire to the zombies, which worked, but the fire spread through the building then. Last thing broadcast was the cameraman falling and the horde ripping him apart. One of them had big right hand with huge claws on it and no left hand, he did he most damage. His right hand cleaved a guy right in half. I threw up when I saw it. I've seen some sick sh*t while in the navy, but never a man getting cut in half. Minutes later the fire had enveloped the whole studio and the broadcast stopped. I fell asleep in my char again.
    The next few days were quiet and empty. A few single zombies wandered down here to the beach. Through trial and terrifying error I found out that shooting them in the head seems to kill them outright. One of them nearly got me and all. I threw the bodies into the ocean, afraid they might come back.
    One night two zombies ran down to the beach. I heard them dart past the windows. I woke up but tripped on some wood I left lying around. They heard and started attacking the walls and windows. Thankfully both held long enough for me to get into position and take them out. Another close call.
    Things were quiet for the rest of the week. Those four you fought earlier only turned up in the early hours this morning. Good thing you arrived too, I doubt I could have taken them by myself. Some of the barricades can't take too much more either."

He breathes what sounds like a sigh of relief.
    "And that's my life story." he chuckles.

OOC
    Another mountain of text for you to digest. Hope it goes down well.
    Jack and Galliun
    Let's say those actions didn't happen and we will pick up again now.
    Last edited by Jimp; 2009-01-24 at 05:55 PM.
    I need a new signature.

14. - Top - End - #134

RedWizardGuy

Mark Lopes

Mark fills his own glass with more wine, without saying anything. He looks to the others to check their reactions. They definitely did not have enough wine for the day.

OOC
    That is tasty text. I wonder why he wants to get moving soon.
    Last edited by Deimos_; 2009-01-24 at 09:42 PM.

15. - Top - End - #135

Demetrius North

"Oh.. ****. Just.... no way, man, no way..." Demetrius mumbled, shaking violently and let himself slide down the wall to sit on the ground. "How could this happen? I think we should just sit tight, help will come soon. The... Marines or the Calvary or something."

Spoiler
    Show
    Great story. :P

16. - Top - End - #136
    Dwarf in the Playground

Allen Crawford
    Feeling like he should feel shaken by the story, Allen addresses David.
    "So, you want to get a move on before they come back tonight because the house won't hold up overnight? I think I'd agree with you there, this place looks like it's been messed up pretty well already. I'd hate to think of trying to defend it, especially with the amount of ammo we've got left. Speaking of which, what do you have kicking around in the firearms department?"
    Allen glances around the room, wishing that it was a gun shop and not a seaside shack, also taking time to subtly glance at people's faces to see how much this latest revelation is effecting them.

OCC
    This is pretty sweet. By the way, does the guy with the giant claw arm happen to be a reference to Tyrant from the Resident Evil series?
    On another note, everyone who likes boardgames should look up "Last Night On Earth: The Zombie Game. I picked it up beginning of the week, and it's soooo much fun.

17. - Top - End - #137

Re-posting and fixing my last post.

Nathan Thomas

Nathan took a few moments to take it all in. It was a terrible story, and quite frightening. After a bit of silence, he finally spoke.
    "Wait, let me check to see if there's something close by we can use for cover or whatever."

As Nathan types in his computer (Computer Use check or something?), he speaks some more.

"So, logic tells me their body has to run on something, right? I mean, the reason we eat is to get energy to function. That must apply to them as well. Any chance we can let them starve to death?", he says, trying to sound confident and brave.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC

Very movie-ish. I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

MY GOD THESE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD! I hate having to post this thing thirty times just so it goes through once!

18. - Top - End - #138

Tichrondrius

"I'm not sure where the army is. All I know is that I've been pretty safe right here for the last few days, but probably not for much longer."

Jack

"Yeah I think we should get a move on soon. Sounded like other zombies heard the screams of the four on the beach, so they will be coming. We have a good few hours before it goes dark, plenty of time to find another safehouse. If we stay here until tonight we'll have to deal with more zombies, the fast ones too.
    As for firepower, I have my rifle and a decent supply of rounds for it. I have a pistol in the bedroom somewhere and two spare clips. That about does it for guns. There's an axe for firewood under the sink if anyone feels like bringing it."

Galliun
    You quickly find maps of the area using search engines. The nearest house is to the northwest of where you are, up the hill and through a few fields. Looks like it would take about two hours to walk there.
    "I don't know if they live on anything or starve, it's only been a week. A week where they have had no shortage of prey to feed on. Shots to the head seem to work, so I guess they need their brain to function."

OOC
    Sorry about the delays. Forums are going through a rough patch as you all know.
    I need a new signature.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Dwarf in the Playground

Allen Crawford
    "Alright, I'll go take a look at that other gun. We should get a move on right off, we can't afford to still be out there when it gets dark. Do you have anything we can wheel his girl around in? I'm not sure if she's going to be up for a long walk. A wheelchair would be nice, but a wheelbarrow or something would work too."
    With that, Allen goes to grab the other gun from the bedroom.
    He comes back out to the main room a moment later holding the gun.
    "Hey, any of you from the boat know how to fire one of these?"
    OCC
    Yeah, the forum's being a pain. What kind of gun is the pistol in the bedroom? Since he's ex navy, he'd probably have something he's familiar with, which would either be a .45 like Allen has or a 9mm of some kind. By the way, when are you planning on giving us experience? The books says to do it at the end of every session, but that's not really an option in PBP.

20. - Top - End - #140

RedWizardGuy

Mark Lopes

A little reluctantly, Mark finishes his wine glass, getting up slowly. "I guess it can't be helped, I'll get moving with you all. I don't want the firearm though, I'd probably kill myself with it", he says looking suspiciously at the gun.

Mark takes the wine bottle, intending to carry it with him on the trip.

OOC
    Booze 'n zeds. What else do you need?
    Last edited by Deimos_; 2009-01-26 at 02:37 PM.

21. - Top - End - #141

Demetrius North

"What, you gonna bust some zombies with a wine bottle?" Demetrius jokes, reverting to an old using humour to mask his horror tactic. "I would get that axe, but I already got my trusty wrench... what I really need is bullets." He said, pulling out his gun checking his last three in it. "Or maybe that rifle... what kinda gun is that, man?" He asked Allen, after he got the gun out of the bedroom.

At the reference to his girl, he looked somber. "Listen, guys... if we can't safely transport my girl out of here I'll just stay here with her. I don't want to burden you all."

22. - Top - End - #142

RedWizardGuy

Mark Lopes

"I'd never do that", said Mark looking a bit surprised, not getting the joke. "It would be a terrible waste of perfectly good wine."

"I don't think we should get separated now. There is strength in numbers. I'm in favor of defending this place if there is really no way to move the girl with us."

23. - Top - End - #143

Jack

"I'm afraid I don't have anything like that. I do have a bike and tools though, we could jury rig something."

The pistol is the same as Jack's. To copy and paste from his character sheet:
    Colt 1911A1 .45 Handgun
    D8x4 damage, 3/10/20/60/120 range
    It has one full clip and there are two spares.
    Last edited by Jimp; 2009-01-26 at 07:43 PM.
    I need a new signature.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Dwarf in the Playground

Allen Crawford
    "Alright, I really don't think staying here's an option. We'll just get rushed by more than we can handle until we're all dead. Let's take that bike out and see what we can fix up. Here Demetrius, you can take this one, but I'm keeping one of the extra clips."
    He sets one magazine and the gun on the table in front of Demetrius.
    "You know how to use one of these?"

OCC
    Wow, that just reminded me that I've got one more magazine than I thought I did. That's really good. So now we've got everyone who knows how to use a gun decently armed, who's going to take the axe? It's sure not going to be Allen, the whole missing hand bit makes a two handed swing not an option.

25. - Top - End - #145

Demetrius North

"Thanks buddy, this gun of the Captains is almost out." Demetrius says, picking up the new gun and stuffing it in his pants along with the clip. "Oh yeah, just point and click, man." He responds to Allen's second question. Then he ducks back in to lean next to his girl, checking on her.

26. - Top - End - #146

Nathan Thomas

"So how are you going to shoot while tending to your girlfriend? You have two weapons and a wrench, wouldn't it be better if someone else had the gun?", Nathan says.

OOC

Sounds pissy. Shouldn't sound pissy.
    Last edited by Galliun; 2009-01-28 at 06:20 PM.

27. - Top - End - #147

Demetrius North

Demetrius looked ****-eyed over at Nathan. "Why, man, you know how to use one of these things?" He said, taking out the Captain's Gun and brandishing it at him handle first. "This Captains one is about useless anyways, only two or three bullets left by my count." The black man said, looking over at his girl and wondering what to do.
    Last edited by Tichrondrius; 2009-01-28 at 08:13 PM.

28. - Top - End - #148

Nathan Thomas

Nathan sighs.

"It's not about me knowing how to use it. It's about you not having thirty-five hands and managing your girlfriend, the captain's gun, the other fully loaded gun, and also running for your life. If you can do all those things and not drag us down with you, be my guest. If not, well...", Nathan says, with a harsh tone, saying the last word and then falling silent.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Dwarf in the Playground

Allen Crawford
    "Demetrius, I think Nathans right. You should at least give someone else the captains gun. I fact, I think Nathan should be the one to have it, since it's his idea. Just don't point it at anything you don't want to kill and you'll be fine."

30. - Top - End - #150

Everyone (important)
    Once you have finished talking amongst yourselves in character I need to know what everyone is doing next before they leave the house.

OOC
    Sorry Jack I totally missed your experience question. I'm probably going to give out experience when you finish resting for the night.
    I need a new signature.