New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Blank Slate IC2

1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Blank Slate IC2

The world continues. Many of the gods have gone silent or disappeared, but there are still those that wish to transform the world in their image.
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Blank Slate IC2

Current state of the Trolls throughout the world today, Sans Forest and Swamp trolls.

Plains Trolls: Having almost been driven to extinction, the population made rafts and fled to an entirely different continent. One large mountain in the middle leaves open a savannah of rolling foothils and plains, covered with long grass and patched with small forests, usually where resevoirs are at their closest to the surface. Big cats are the dominant hunters here, and there are hundreds of species of antelope, giraffe, zebra, elephant hippo and rinoceri as well. The plains trolls live in bliss, roaming with the herds and alongside the hunters, often sharing with them.

River Trolls: These trolls are the de facto rulers of the crumbled Yanze empire. The most powerful rulers live in their personal city-state, which is led by a Trade-Kaizer. Lesser ones live on small Fiefdoms, run by a Lord and worked by serfs. The last vestiges of the empire itself are found in the city-kingdom of Yangzai, which sits at the mouth of the largest river. It controls trade routes to many major cities. They still venerate Zuli and also venerate the whole host of gods that are left.

Volcano Trolls: Still surviving on Redunkeep's slopes, the Volcano Trolls live a hard and long life of surviving for a living. They live in huts made of cooled lava and wield weapons with obsidan tips. They do not care to worship gods, as they have "More important things to do". They do not curse the gods when bad things happen, but neither do they thank them for the small amount of good things that happen. They survive...

Ice Trolls: They've done things that you wouldn't dream of...but I'm not telling...

Dream Trolls: Battling Nightmares and keeping everyone's dreams safe from harm.

Library Trolls: Have grown to be powerful arcanists and worship the god of magic now.

Feral Trolls: Still in the forest, still fighting Grigs.
    Here's something you may not have considered: being torn asunder HURTS.
    Ponified Diablo 3 Monk granted to me by Akrim.Elf, a thousand blessings be to her!

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Diablo 3 Monk avatar blessed upon me by CrimsonAngel, and his awesome art skillz.

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Haunted Woods

The being stared up at the night sky, contemplating the world and how it was faring under the rule of the gods and their schemes. He stood up, the water from the lake cascaded down his legs in torrents. It could not be called "bad", really. Races fought, plagues spread, and destruction reigned, but on an entirely different level, life sprang up anew, races adapted, healthy forests rose and the waves calmed. In these hard times, life had spread everywhere and with it, the possibility of a new tomorrow.

The gods were another matter. Each had an idea of perfection or a notion of what is good and right. One god's ideals differed form those of another and when such ideas were incompatible, the gods would conflict. He could not fault the gods for such a thing, though. It was an ambition, very much like those of the mortals they tended to in their own unique way.

The water of the lake darkened and the colossal creature melted down into the depths. He decided it was time to pay a visit to an old aquaintance.

---------------------------
    Near Mount Redunkeep, Stone Garden

In a canyon near Mount Redunkeep, there was a wide circle of large stone spires, their pointed tops bending inwards. Apparently, this stone garden was unearthed during one of the common tremmors around the mighty volcano. In the center of the mighty stone garden, there was a pool of black tar that bubbled and churned. Aside from the sound of the wind thorugh the canyon and the bubbling tar, the air was silent.

Spoiler
    Show
    I used some accumulated minors to create three places that I told Ipphli about. They are this place, the woods and a third place that might appear later.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Stone Garden

She was one of the Titans remodeled by Moghor, known as the Four. Her own name was Mercury, but it didn't mean anything to her. She was leaner and smaller than her siblings, but to any humanoid, she was still a towering giant. On her way to the Hunted Woods region, Mercury came upon a pool of tar and stone spires that were definitely not there before. Sensing some disturbance in that area, she decided to investigate. She approached the pool and looked around.

I am the servant of Moghor Rezamir, Lord of the Earth. Is there anyone here? What force is at work?

--------------------------

Moghor Rezamir and the Erdas

Meanwhile, the other three Titans were doing well. Many of Moghor's worshipers from all over the continent chose to leave their homes for the promised land. In a matter of months, they settled the grasslands near Moghor's sanctuary and built an impressive city. As the Giant King had foretold, the Middle City quickly became one of the most important center of trades in the mainland. Worshipers of other deities were allowed to erect temples and statues just outside the fortifications, all around the city.

Moghor was pleased by this outcome. He then decided to go back to Aquila to see how the other erdas were faring. There, he noticed that scientists and earth mages were still working on finding a way to open the mysterious door set in the canyon's wall. Moghor remembered this gift from the Porter. This gave him an idea. The god of travel had been gone for centuries, if not a millenia. Surely, he wouldn't mind if someone took over his work.

And so Moghor attuned himself to the mystical gateways. Once he was in control of the spiritual energy, he crafted a special key made of bone. He returned to the door and inscribed a set of runes in the stone of the canyon. As he expected, the runes reacted to the key and the doorway suddenly opened. Smiling, the Giant King took a step in and went to explore the new dimension...

----------------------------

The New Volcano, on the border of the Putrid Swamp

Where the mighty Wall of the Erdas once stood, there was now a volcano. Thousands had died here when Moghor Earthlord had unleashed his divine fury upon the unbelievers. Most bodies were hidden beneath the frozen lava fields. There was nothing left to see here; nothing but devastation. Well, almost nothing... A few lucky ones had survived the cataclysm. One of them was a grig. He was in a pretty sorry state. He was too weak to fly and hadn't eaten in three days. He laid there, motionless, because his legs were stuck under a boulder. Just as he was beginning to think that he would die there, the grig caught sight of a shadow on the slope of the volcano. Apparently, the mysterious person had also noticed him, as he was coming down his way. The grig stopped smiling. What was that? The creature looked like a jakaru, but parts of his body looked as if they were made of metal. He towered over all the jakarus he had ever met.

"- Hey, you! Get me out of here!"

The jakaru hybrid walked to the injured grig and studied him.

This will be perfect.

"- What are you waiting for? Hey, what's this... What the hell are you doing with that blade?! Don't come near me!! ARGGGGGH!"

(A few minutes later)

The grig was "ready". Totolkan stored the precious parts he had collected in his bag and then proceeded to free the fey's body from that boulder. The grig stood up, silent. His legs had miraculously healed.

You will go back in the Swamp. You will collect as much data as you can and you will report to me. You are dismissed.

The fey nodded and walked away. The jakaru, for his part, simply uttered the magic words and a doorway appeared out of thin air. He stepped through it and found himself back at his workshop in the House of a Thousand Doors.

Spoiler
    Show
    1 major act to gain the Travel domain (related to roads and trade)
    1 major act to gain control of the Porter's plane and the other doors in existence by creating a new Master Key
    1 minor act to turn the Middle City into a sanctuary
    1 minor act to create a ritual that a few individuals can use to travel anytime to a specific room in the House of a Thousand Doors. The individual must be attuned to it before the ritual can be used, and thus must be invited in by Moghor himself.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2009-01-15 at 11:10 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Xiren

Who was responsible for this ?
    Natural phenomenons occurred all the time without gods being in control and minor changes among one species were common. But this... For a whole species to exist and have that level of sentience, a god had to be behind its creation.

Though Xiren was a plant goddess, she has no real dominion over the tall trees of the continent forests and they weren't singing for her like most weed and tropical plants did. But she was also the mother of the Fey Folk and so she learned quickly about this mysterious race which hunted her toys.

Whoever created them, how could he have thought they would go unnoticed ? How could he have thought Xiren's love would spare them, even when they hid atop the trees ? The Blood Flower get out of her lair, reaching the material world so to look closer at her preys.

"-Puny monkeys... And they think they are safe because they live atop the trees ? Atop plants ? What idiotic god can have done that ? It isn't Morghor's style. And they don't seem to bear Mia's mark : no sword. 'Must be Zuli. Only him would be so confident in his mastery over the flora."

She would take care of this race...in due time.

------------------

Underwater Jungle

It had been a few decades now. The rumors about sirens, octopus women and other daydreams had grown among humans and nagas, thought none knew exactly what it was. Despite the luxurious flora and fauna of the Underwater Jungle area, few fishermen were willing to venture there : too many had disappeared.

The Kalis and the Sea Wolves, on the other hand, now knew well enough of the Naļades. Being former dryads, they had quickly assemble small courts of Kalis, Nagas, Humans and sea creatures, selecting the strongest as lovers while the rest were used as slaves.

Somehow, large domes made of algae and other plants had been built in the Jungle. A strong and dark magical aura can be felt by those nearby.

Spoiler
    Show

1 Minor :
    The City of the Depths.
    To create a small underwater city whose buildings and walls are living plants. The Naļads use their affinity with Xiren's magic to make the algae grow in the desired shape. The whole city is expanding fast and is patrolled by slaves.
    Expect 500 Naļades to live there with around 2.000 slaves.
    More next turn.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Consort Areva; Isle of Souls

A lone figure in robes stands upon the beach. At the Nagas call, it bows.
    Thanks to Edwin for the Avatar!

7. - Top - End - #7

Stone Garden

The tar burbled and spat a few times before a large sewlling protrusion stuck out a short ways. Mercury saw the two unblinking round red eyes, burning like coals in the sticky muck that sent a shiver down her spine.

Who calls me in this sacred place?

The eyes moved slowly upward, taking in the Titan's giant form. The thing in the tar retreated a bit into the roiling mess.

My apologies, sir or madam. I did not realize that you were one of Moghors "special" servants. Is there any way I can help you?

-----------------
    Sea-Wolves

Though the sea-wolves avoided the jungle and ignored the Naiades, they always kept a keen eye on them. The surrounding waters were dark and cloudy and the Sea-wolves could appear with Kali warriors seemingly out of nowhere.

Though they did not seem hostile at the moment, they were a factor that could not be ignored.
    Last edited by Smiley_; 2009-01-15 at 03:59 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Akteron

Much had happened over the last century. The number of souls being ushered through the doorway had dramatically increased, and veneration of Akteron had also increased drastically. DvR 14

Spoiler
    Show
    3 major acts to raise DvR to 14
    Last edited by Krrth; 2009-01-16 at 11:57 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Moghor Rezamir

The Middle City was now crawling with people. The philosophy of the Giant King spread everywhere and the Erda kingdoms. Most importantly, more jakarus were born. More jakarus died. More jakarus were reborn...

On this fateful day, Moghor Rezamir went back to the Pit of Souls and absorbed more energy. As runes started to cover his skin, the Lord of Earth grew strong and powerful. More powerful than he could have ever imagined.

Spoiler
    Show
    3 major acts to increase DvR. DvR 14
    OOC: I swear that I had this planned before I saw Akteron's post lol

-------------------------

Stone Garden

Mercury frowned at the use of the word "servant", but remained silent.

I am sorry if I have bothered you. I sensed some supernatural activity in the region and I came to investigate. Whom am I speaking to?
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2009-01-17 at 09:35 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10

Stone Garden

From the tar emerged the torso of the strange being. It placed it's elbows on the ground and rested it's chin on its folded hands.

Well, then, you are fortunate that I was coming this way. I am Nokumo, a servant, like yourself, but not to the gods.

As for you, where are you bound an what do you intend to do? Did moghor send you on some grand errand, or were you just enjoying the scenery?

Those two eyes just kept staring emotionlessly as if seeing beyond the titans flesh. Murcury began to feel a slight chill, but the air around the tar pit was far too hot for the chills to be natural.
    Last edited by Smiley_; 2009-01-17 at 02:17 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Xiren

Putrid Swamp

From his investigation, the "grig" learned a lot about the former Dryad Kingdoms :

• Infightings continued. No central power had imposed itself yet.
    • The Dryads were divided because of their vanity.
    • Many small vegetal fortress had been built through magic.
    • Grig slavers still operated breeding farms.
    • The Mohrgs were divided because of the insanity.
    • Armies of zombis rose after each killing spree of the Mohrgs.
    • The Mohrgs couldn't control all undeads at once.

Underwater Jungle

They were together, a rare event for such selfish creatures. But they all had been dryads, once. They had seen what they could accomplish together...and what could happen to them if they remained isolated. And so, to restore their former greatness, 500 Naļades had gathered here, in the main hall of the City of the Depths. All were watching their sisters, reading to act at the first sign of betrayal. A large, fat and ugly matron advanced at the center.

"-When I awoke like this, my first thought was that Xiren had cursed me for being weak and stupid, for not having followed her ways closer enough. We all thought it. We all lamented for days, praying and making sacrifices to please the Kind Mother and to be given a second chance...but we are still here."

She paused for a moment.
    "-We are here and we are prospering. Like the Dryad Kingdom once, we are strong and secure, ready to spread the Blood Flower's love across a new world, a world we never thought would be ours, simply because we didn't suspected it existed. But now, we are here. Now, we know.

Sfarina and her generation, our parents, had a vision. They tried to build a kingdom where we would have fought side by side against Xiren's enemies, forgetting our griefs to reach Greatness. Well, Sfarina the bitch and her sisters were wrong !! They can be no unity among the Fey Folk !! Not between the Dryads, not between the Grigs, not between us, the Naļades !! If we try, soon or later, our very nature will remind us of it.

The curse we thought Xiren had casted was in fact a blessing. It was her way to show us our mistakes and to give us the opportunity to start all over again. While the rest of the Fey Folk continue to honour the Kind Mother on land, it is our mission to spread her cult at sea. And to do so, we will need allies. And once again, my dear sisters, the Kind Mother will help us !! Behold the gift of the Mistress of despairs !!"

Shining in her hand was...a frog. The assembly staid silent, hesitating between anger and hilarity. But then, the frog was really shining and comments began to rain down the hall. When the light faded, the frog and the ugly Naļade were no more. A strange creature, the size of a human, was swimming at their place. And it spoke...

"-It was...not suppose...to be like this..."
    It then burst into a thousand smaller similar creatures, who themselves burst into hundreds more while "calling" the sound which would latter become their name.
    "-Kappa !! Kappa !!"

Spoiler
    Show

2 Major Acts to create the Kappas, small-sized fairies with amphibian abilities. They are very good swimmers and, like some frogs, generate a virulent poison which dissolve in the surrounding water. They are, of course, immune to their own poison. They breed by laying a large number of eggs (about two hundred at a time) but, because of their malevolent nature, young kappas tend to kill each other at birth to get some cheap food. They are not very bright and are more concern by feeding and mating than anything else.
    2 Minor Acts to boost the Kappa population.

Continental Forests

Xiren had swore to take care of the monkeys. And so she did.
    Once upon a time, centuries ago, a young god had appeared in these forests. A master of illusions whose Xiren had tried to track. For this, she had used gigantic centipedes. The monsters had been sent away...but not killed. And because Kuto wasn't there anymore to send them flying across the sky, she summoned them back.

It took nearly two years for the 12 monsters to reach the mysterious monkeys but when they did, the hunt was merciless, the gigantic insects climbing the giant trees with all the ease an insect had to climb vertical surfaces. And for the trees which weren't big enough to climb, it also meant they weren't strong enough to support the weight of centipedes...and that they would crash on the ground, pulling the Gari settlements with them.

In less than a year, 20 Gari settlements were visited by the divinely powered monsters...and crushed utterly. But what were Zuli's children doing ?

Spoiler
    Show

Just to remember you about them :
    The 12 hunting centipedes.
    Gigantic-sized vermin with a very thick armor.
    Like many of Xiren's creation, their bite is poisonous.
    They can also "summon" large swarms of angry flies, mosquitoes, maggots, spiders, whatever vermin seems useful.
    Finally, they each have a very powerful smell and earing sense (though poor vision), as well as a keen sense of detect magical aura.
    Last edited by Johel; 2009-01-17 at 03:24 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, except that they are only the creations of a single minor act and an advanced race of tree people (3 majors) have very little to worry about them.
    1. Centipedes are not made for tree life. They can climb, but their domain is on the ground in the weeds and undergrowth. The Gari, however, were born and bred in the trees. The trees are their life.
    2. The centipedes are slow compared to the Gari.
    3. Centipedes are heavy. It will not take much to keep them from climbing higher and if they fall, they die with a big splat.

And no, not even divine centipedes would find it easy to climb all the way up and attack the highest tree towns. They also only buld things on sturdy trees they know can support them, so none of this "Knocking down trees" buisness.

Now, let's get to work, shall we?

Gari and the centipedes

Since the tree-folk were able to escape the wreckage of their structures, only a handfull of them died. They could only shake their heads in disappointment as the outposts (not settlements) were destroyed.

The centepedes seemed to be the kings of the forest tops until, one day, one was found on the ground with a large sharpened log with runes inscribed on it through its head. Another two simply disappeared and a fourth was killed after it took a tumble from hundreds of feet in the air, crashing through the branches and finally squashed under it's own weight.

It was clear what was happening. These tree-folk were not helpless. The bug swarms that the centipedes summoned were countered by magical and alchemical incecticides and repellants. Some of the other centipedes were driven away by a band of hunters who were supported by a gari voodoomancer. The gari were not afraid at all of these overgrown vermin. They knew they were the sovereigns of the forest tops.

To add to this insult, Xiren could feel the divine anger growing in the forest. Gari shamans began performing odd rituals in the treetops, invoking spirits and the protector of the forest. Sacrifices were made to Zuli and the swamp godess could smell the roasting flesh of her vile creations as offerings to the forest god.

Spoiler
    Show
    The hunt was merciless, but the gari shoved back harder Don't worry, I won't kill them all yet.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Spoiler
    Show

Please, don't throw a "Major Acts argument" here. Unless there were only 20 settlements (villages, cities, outposts...), the Gari are far from annihilated so the number of acts is irrelevant here, as yours are spread on the whole Gari population.
    Two acts is the cost to create any sentient species.
    The 3rd was to boost their population and technology.

This being said, I'm not sure for the "It will not take much to keep them from climbing higher". Our everyday centipedes usually live underground mainly because :
    • they would be eaten if they didn't.
    • they quickly die of dryness, as their soft exoskeleton retain water badly.

They are more than capable to climb a wall, a branch or even a smoother surface, the only limit being that they have to be able to dig their claws on small asperities (which explain why they can't climb on a plastic wall...)

16m-long centipede don't have to worry about predators. And their very thick armor prevent fast loss of water. Even the size difference matter not, as a tree large enough to support a city would be the same for them as a branch is for normal centipedes. So, as I said, settlements are easy preys, even if the inhabitants can still run away rather than fight.

However, you're right about the "splash" : even without true organs, their sheer weight would be the worst weakness of a giant centipedes if they were to fall. I just thought the Garis would be too afraid to fight back but if they are willing to take the risk, let's give them credits.

The monkeys showed more strength than was expected. But the Kind Mother wouldn't admit it. She was not the type to recognise her mistakes. She would rather see the whole forest burn...

"-They fail me. They got what they deserved. Such a simple task and they weren't able to accomplish it ? Ah !! These little buggers amused me, at least..."

She now knew more about her preys. The Centipedes had been sleeping for decades so she wouldn't miss them that much. But the insult was to be avenged. And yes, she would have "avenged" herself even if the Garis had slit their own veins open. But still !!

Signs were created : patterns of red tropical flowers growing at the base of some huge trees, swarms of flees leading to the Gari cities, prophetic dreams where grigs sacrificed Garis in Xiren's honor... All of this was seen by her priests among the Fey Folk. It took time but eventually, small bands began to gather to hunt down "Zuli's monkeys".

So high above the ground, the summoned vermin was the only ally on which the grigs could count. The vermin and the Garis themselves. Charming one single of those monkeys was enough to find their cities.

Grigs weren't good fighters when it came to open battle, on the ground, where melee was the deciding factor. But in the canopy, where the "ground" was nothing but a few shambling branches, large melee were impossible. Range, accuracy and mobility would decide the winners. This and the magic. And with their natural gifts and Xiren's priests, the grigs weren't the weak ones.

Spoiler
    Show

Creation of "shrines" in the whole continental forests, near the Gari settlements. Usual communication with the priests.

An army gathers near one of the cities. The idea is to attack the city at night, using fairy fires to light up the targets and opponents before flying over and shooting any Gari in sight. As soon as the city is dealt with, they'll loot it before proceeding to the next one.

They got their informations through a mix of charm and (if it doesn't work) torture. Being the CE little demons they are, they won't hesitate to go as far as to throw one of them in a Gari trap just to attract one of the monkeys.

Main grigs advantage for the battle :
    • they are very small (thus difficult to aim at)
    • they can fly (badly) and jump (very well, like a cricket)
    • their weapons are poisoned.
    • their accuracy is boosted with magic by the priests.
    • biological warfare through diseases and vermin (very usefull if siege)
    • limited control over the plants for the random grigs.
    • large control over the plants for the priests.
    • they know how to set and counter ambushes. Centuries of practice...

Last edited by Johel; 2009-01-17 at 08:40 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14

Spoiler
    Show
    The thing is that the Gari only are localized in a small portion of the northern continental forest. They have about six large population centers, even with their population and development boost. the rest just hunting and scouting outposts, so saying that 20 were destroyed or an attack on a population center is a pretty big deal. I am sorry I wasn't clear about that.

By the way, what are the trolls doing? Xiren is popping up flowers in Zuli's forests and the grigs, who you said yourself have probably suffered a great deal, have come to try and launch a full scale assault.

Also, those advantages you mentioned are also strong points for the Gari, except that instead of plant mastery, they have voodoo magic and instead of poisons and diseases, they have alchemical ointments and more voodoo and spirit lore.

Canopy City

The grigs found the city with little incident. It was surreal, houses and doors built right into and along side trunks. There were bridges and simple elevators connecting platforms that encircled the treetops. They appeared to be going about their business, not expecting an assault.

They didn't look like much. There were a few hunters with masks and spears, but the rest were more or less naked, their faces opossum like. Their eyes were large and black where their mouths were filled with a set of vicious pointed teeth.

The shrines were recognizable as honoring Zuli, but there were some that the grigs hadn't ever seen before. Also, there were various grig body parts, skins, skulls and wings hanging in bunches around some of the doorways along with bat wings, feathers and what looked like oversized spider legs.
    Last edited by Smiley_; 2009-01-17 at 09:31 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

The consort spotted the hooded individual on the beach and pushed her way through her Deathguard, the Naga very curiously watching her lithe form walk across the beach towards the hooded man.

"greetings, is this where we may speak with the God of Knowledge and Death?"

Hall of Silence

The Hall was sacred to the Naga, for it was a small but ornate tunnel erected to the cavern where the Lord of Serpents currently lay, shrouded in darkness while he mottled. Indeed, the Hall was merely a pinhole to the size of the cavern, a fact that did not escape the Naga who guarded it zealously. Many of them never dared look at the end, for fear of seeing a giant golden orb stare back out of the darkness at them.

However the newcomer was unusual, for he was one of the Shivans, the children of the Consort as they were called. Considered mildly freakish by the naga, the serpentine humanoids resembled the consort; if only molded from the parts of a snake. This one who stood before the darkness at the end of the Hall was hidden beneath a robe but even the guards could tell of the power that stalked concealed.

"Father, I am here as you requested."

A giant orb blinked to awareness at the sound, it's rapid eye movement taking in every individual in the room in the span of a second.

"Good, my son. It is good to see you, even as blind as I am. Cast off those robes, and let me see the creation that has spawned from my consort's image."

The robe flew off to the side as four arms discarded it effortlesssly, and one of the guards (female) let a small whistle escape as they all stared uninhibitedly at the white flesh of the newcomer. He was shorter, by maybe half a span of a Boan, but possessed the same knotted sense in it's heavily corded shoulders. The muscular definition was perfect, each muscle so heavily built that it stood out like a stone beneath the taut skin. But somehow it did not look out of place, as most overly muscled species looked. It looked natural, like it was impossible for a Shivan not to look like this. To further accent the already perfect physicque, his body was covered in runes, not a flawless inch of skin wasted except around the face. these flickered in rapid seccession, as light raced across the circles of Serpatha.

"Excellent. Your mother will be pleased her image has shown such great potential." Surprisingly, the Shivan dropped to his knees, his face a mess of tears as he bowed deeply. "I.... hope to please my mother, as it is my only purpose in life.."

Syllandros smiled despite himself. The conditioning had taken effect perfectly. Each Shivan had been ingrained with a deep sense of love for his consort, and they would be her children in all senses of the word.

"Good. Before I may grant you the privilege of meeting your mother, I need to know if you are deserving enough for your mother to acknowledge you, Cirenos."

"Whatever I may do to prove myself in your eyes father, please do not hesitate." the Shivan remained as he was, on his knees with his forehead touching the dusty floor of the hall.

"Good. There is a Xirenist spy who has been uncovered in God's Landing. She knows of her discovery, and even now seeks to leave the Isle by means of the next courier ship. You are to board the vessel and kill all aboard. Leave none alive and when they are all dead you may then kill the spy. However, before you do so, you will interrogate her regarding her knowledge of the growing reef to the south of the isle. Dillute your venom with waterfeld reed juice and you will find her more receptive to your words. Now go, and bring me back her heart."

"As you wish, Father. I will return soon."

Cirenos rose from his crouch and took back his offered robe from a guard, a young female from one of the noble houses. Syllandros watched with interest as his tongue reported ellevated hormones in the female. The female watched the Shivan leave with much interest, much to the obvious dismay of her fellow males.

So the Shivans are deemed desirable by the Nagas, Syllandros thought, I wonder what the offspring of the two races would be?

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Stone Garden

Mercury crossed her arms.

I am travelling the mainland to teach the common races about Moghor and his philosophy. I am simply heading north until there are no more people to convert.

You say you are a servant... Who do you serve, if not a god? It intrigues me.

----------------------

Continental forest

The forest animals fled in fear as the stone behemot made its way through the woodlands, crushing anything that stood in its way. What they perceived simply as a gigantic predator was much more than that. In fact, the impressive creature is a living construct, halfway between a beast and a mindless golem. Furthermore, it is so big and docile that some moghorian colossi have been able to build a defensive structure on its back.

No surprise it was named the Juggernaut.

On that day, Sjornir, king of the Colossi, and a few of his vassals discussed atop one of the towers. Unlike the others, Sjornir possessed two pairs of arms. While he bore the symbol of Moghor on the back of his head, he also had long, flowing platinum hair that was only present in Kuto's worshipers.

"- My lord, the population has fled the area. Their gold and jewelry are there for the taking. Our scouts have informed me that some were spotted south of here. They are no doubt heading to more civilized lands, to seek the protection of the Erdas."

The barbarian king simply nodded.

"- There is something else, Sjornir. A prisonner was brought to me earlier today. A grig, to be exact. The little devil was busy poisoning the well of the village when we caught him."
    "- We don't need another vermin. Kill him."
    "- Ah, but he did tell us something interesting. Something about a race of monkey men living in the trees. Apparently, the grigs are going to engage them in battle. It is...a curiosity, at least."
    "- Absurd. We have better things to do than hunt vermins and monkeys. If they get in our way, we'll crush them. But they are not worth our time otherwise."

Spoiler
    Show
    1 major and 1 minor to make the Juggernaut (the beast-machine and the defensive structure, complete with artillery developed by jakarus and fire mages)
    The Colossi are raiding settlements (jakaru, lycian and troll) near the Putrid Swamp and in the forest, though far from the heart of the troll empire. Their goal is not to destroy civilizations and eradicate populations, only to hoard some gold and scare the villagers so they turn to the Erdas for protection, and thus integrate the Erda Empire. Obviously, some people go to the trolls for support instead.
    It turns out that the few settlements that were burned to the ground were hiding a few mohrgs.

Just to clarify: I don't intend for the Juggernaut to head to the battleground between the Grigs and the Garis.

Say, what's the best adjective to go with "Moghor": moghorian? moghoran? moghorite?
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2009-01-17 at 11:40 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

The Guardian studies her for a moment, then speaks. Strangely, only the consort can hear anything.

This Isle is sacred to Akteron, so in that sense He is here. Was there something in particular we can help you with, or help you find? Or did you need to talk to Him directly?

Spoiler
    Show
    As far as anyone who isn't "touched by the Gods" is concerned, the Guardian isn't making any noise whatsoever, let alone speaking. Clerics, magic users, paladins, champions and the like can however.
    Last edited by Krrth; 2009-01-18 at 12:14 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Bugbear in the Playground

Troll Legion 118

The guard was dispatched after a report that a beheamoth that had been seen in the forest. The scouts had reported that the big monster was mounted by colossi. They sent a messenger-hawk with this message:

Spoiler
    Show
    By order of the Karthaidi Empire, we ask your reason for your incursion into our forest
    Here's something you may not have considered: being torn asunder HURTS.
    Ponified Diablo 3 Monk granted to me by Akrim.Elf, a thousand blessings be to her!

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Diablo 3 Monk avatar blessed upon me by CrimsonAngel, and his awesome art skillz.

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Spoiler
    Show
    Should be a fair fight, then.
    Works for the "outposts get smashed by centipedes but Garis killed some of the monsters".
    To be clear, I'm attacking one of the six cities.
    1st post for tonight (GMT+1)

And sorry for the "monkeys". I'll call them "Oppossums" now

Xiren

Continental Forests (Northern region)

They had come from all over the continent, a gathering like few had seen since the 2nd Battle of the Wall. For now, each band camped in its own corner and tried to avoid contact with the rest of the horde.

Priests were chanting Xiren's might and asked her to bless the warriors for the battle to come. Large totems made of skulls from various creatures had been hung in the trees, to mark each cabal's turf. Every hour or so, infighting erupted between rival bands.

For some people, to gather 20.000 men in one place was not a big deal. The Yangze Empire had done much more in its time while the Erda Empire and the Karthaidi Empire could do so in a matter of days if needed. But for a species of selfish, sadic and highly disorganised fairies who lived in small bands with only religion as a link, this was a tremendous achievement.

That was what crossed Yraku's mind as him and the rest of the mightiest priests sat to discuss of the strategy. They had to work fast or the army would collapse on itself.

"-So, Tarkesh's followers will take the right flank with Derbo's, that's agreed ? No more objections ?"
    "-Yes, I HAVE an objection !! Why should this slug get the least protected part of the target while MY faithful grigs will risk their lives in a frontal attack ?"
    "-There is no such "least protected part", Furik, this whole city doesn't even have walls or any kind of protection, except the fact it's difficult to move across the trees. But unless your grigs are wingless good-for-nothings, they won't find it difficult."
    "-Then why shall we even discuss about who takes what ? We know how to raid that kind of settlements. We've done so for centuries !! Let's just swarm them the usual way and..."
    "-The honored Furik doesn't realise maybe that it's impossible to do it "the usual way". This is not a mere razzia with a hundred or so grigs to coordinate. Last estimations say we've got at least 24.000 grigs. If we throw them at the ennemy like that, friendly fire casualties will amount high."
    "-Like we cares about the losses !! The Kind Mother wants their blood and she'll insure our victory !!"
    "-Or she will punish the scum who think like you because they neglected to steal a brain. The Blood Flower gives us a small part of her might and it's up to us, her most dedicated servants, to channel it. But she won't bless the whole army."
    "-How do you know ? You sound like an heretic !!"
    "-And you sound like a idiot !!"

Next moment, the whole horde looked at the tree where the meeting was taking place, as it bursted with green, purple and blue lights. At the end of the fight, Yraku and ten badly wounded priests got out of the smoke.

"-Stop looking at us like that and get back to your business !! We're attacking tomorrow, at sunset !!"
    There was no more objection...

God's Landing (Serpent Island)

"-You're sure we must leave ?"
    "-Yes...yes, I'm sure. They'll kill you if they find out about our...association, my friend. Now stop talking and get us in this boat."
    "-Ok..."

Ssrog didn't like the tone of his new friend but the little insect was smarter than he was, so he didn't question her decisions. Ssrog had met with the grig three days ago, as he was patrolling the surroundings of a temple dedicated to Syllandros. He had cought the little devil as she emptyied a vial in one of the water reserve. Still today, Ssrog wondered why he hadn't killed the grig the second he had seen her. But each time he was thinking to deep about it, a strange feeling grew in his mind, reminding him how the grig was a good friend.

"-What about the return ? I can't be absent too long or somebody will notice."
    "-Yeah...hum...you'll get back soon enough, trust me, my scaly friend !! Now shut up and get to that boat."
    "-That one ?"
    "-That's it !!"

The boat was an old slaving vessel, one of those which raided the coasts of the continent. Its history was singular.

As the Nagas were raiding the coastal regions, one of their expeditions had been ambushed by Xiren's followers. It was pure coincidence, nothing planned : the two groups had decided to raid the same Lycian village. Though the nagas were good, they were overwhelmed by Swamp Jakarus and Swamp Trolls. Those who survived were then tortured by grigs until finally convinced that "Xiren's love was worth dying for". This and the constant charming they were subject to by their grig caretakers transformed them into the first xirenist spies among the Nagas.

As raiders, these nagas had a good excuse to leave the island and as long as they were bringing slaves, nobody checked the cargo in details : rodents, frogs, reptiles, insects and plants from the Putrid Swamp, along with hundred of vials for Xiren's cult to spread diseases among the Snake-people. The thing had worked pretty well for them so far...but it was about to end.

"-We're leaving, now !!"

The sailors looked at the little grig as he get out of Ssrog's hood.
    "-What about the rest of our brothers ? And who's that ?"
    "-Nobody. Kill him. And our brothers are fine, they haven't been discover yet. But we are so let's leave !!"
    "-...But, we are friends !!"
    "-You've outlived your purpose, scaly"

One minute later, the ship was sailing away from the island. On the docks, a lone naga was still wondering why he hadn't killed this grig the minute he had seen him. This time, no strange feeling, just a clear answer :
    "-I've been tricked. Damned Fey..."
    Blood flowing from his throat, he closed his eyes, the mind full of sorrow.
    Last edited by Johel; 2009-01-18 at 09:15 AM.

20. - Top - End - #20

Northern Continental Forest

Sunset was nearing and there was still no sign of change. A stiff breeze blew through the forest, the branches swaying and dancing among each other. The sound of the rustling leaves would drown out any sound that the approaching grigs might make. The ambush would be a piece of cake. The grigs could smash the city, spill the blood of its inhabitants, loot it and go on in a few hours...

...Except that when they came, the city was deserted. Doors flapped around in the wind and the various bunches of items were hanging unattended here and there.

-------------
    Stone Garden

Me? Let's just say that I serve forces that exist as long as the world turns and the wind blows.

Now about this philosophy of Moghor's. It wouldn't be the same one about how everyone should be ruled by the strong, most favorably his master race and all the gods other than himself are stupid and inept, would it?

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Stone Garden

The titan frowned.

That is a rather biased conception. Many people, the lycians for example, have been following Moghor's philosophy for hundreds of years and they still care for the poor and the weak.

Have you not heard of the new city built with Moghor's help in the center of the continent? It is a sanctuary dedicated to all the civilized gods. Isn't that proof that the Obsidian Lord thinks highly of the other faiths?

22. - Top - End - #22

Stone Garden

Mmm...Perhaps he has, but it is not necessarily proof of anything. He is building a city, yes, but that could mean many things. Whether or not he tolerates other faiths is no indication of how much he values them.

But pay no heed to my musings. I did not mean any disrespect to your master. I was merely recalling a certain discussion that he had with the stormlord a long time ago.

That stare was starting to become ery unsettling to the titan. Why wouldn't this thing blink or change expression? It didn't even have a mouth. It just sat there, perfectly still except for the swaying protrusions on its back.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Xiren

Continental Forests : Blood for the Blood Flower...or not ?

"-FOR THE KIND MOTHER !!!"
    "-FOR LOOT !!"
    "-FOR SLAUGHTER !!"

Those were some of the playful warcries one could hear this night. As the sun disappeared, thousands of small lights replaced it in the dark sky. The purple, blue and green magical lights were on every important building, every place which could be used as a defensive structure, every branch which was used to support the city.

As the horde rushed inside the streets, the warcries became less numerous, until nothing but worried whispers broke the heavy silence. Grigs were there, with bows and torches, ready for "party time", but they were probably at the wrong address : no children crying on the streets, no panicked women trying to get away, no foolish men hoping to stop the Fey Folk's frenzy...

"-What the hell is going on here ?"
    "-They're gone, Yraku."
    The grig got the skin of his face teared off.
    "-I'm not blind, maggot !! Where are the opossums !!? And the first of you who say "not here" will be boiled alive !!"
    "-Maybe they knew we were coming ?"
    One nod from Yraku and two grigs seized their unlucky brother. Of course, the Garis knew the grigs were coming. The horde had been less than sneaky but, after seeing in dreams the way the opossum people had fought Xiren's divine creatures, Yraku and the priests thought they would fight rather than fly. And so, a large threat was suppose to gather more Garis.

But the Garis proved themselves both brave and smart, knowing when to fight and knowing when not to. Anyway, the place was a bit empty but it was still good enough to loot.

"-Send the smaller bands to search the houses, the platforms and the bridges. I don't want any nasty surprises sending us crashing down or burning the whole city while we are looting it !! When this will be done, then only will we... what are you doing ?!!"

The orders would be carried on, of course. But when they heard the word "looting" in the priest's mouth, many grigs couldn't wait anymore. After all, waiting for traps to be found was not worth taking the risk to see all the good stuff being snatched by other bands.

*Face palm*
    Yraku's wings began to vibrate as he took off, turning to another priest.
    "-I'm leaving...Check the place if you can and when they're finish celebrating the...victory, make sure they burn everything and cut the ropes so to bring down the whole city."
    Spoiler
    Show

1) Check for traps
    2) Loot whatever you can carry
    3) Set fires
    4) Cut whatever hold the city in place
    5) Step back and watch...
    6) Next stop : city n°2

P.S. : I think SOMEBODY is waiting for the Sprite Darters, the Trolls or anybody to get involved. The Garis need serious support here. They've never fought a war and the first they're about to fight is against the world's most vicious creatures.
    Last edited by Johel; 2009-01-18 at 01:49 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24

Spoiler
    Show
    Not really. I'm just screwing with the grig's heads right now. They get bored easily and I know that a treetop city is not the most easily defendable place against a bunch of more or less airborne opponents.

Also, I knew that this would bug the grigs to no end. But don't worry, I have some nasty plans. The loss of one city that can be rebuilt is a small price to pay for the race's survival.

Canopy City

There was little to really loot except for some spider legs, bat wings, and birds eggs. There were also some precious stones and glittering rocks that some of the grigs might have fought over, but nothing too serious.

When they lit the fires, the wooden structures were engulfed in the conflagration. Everything was too easy. There was no resistance, no traps and no counterattacks.

Then the grigs smelled it. In the smoke, there was an odd fragrance. Many grigs began to feel dizzy and disoriented. They couldn't concentrate and many fell into a blissful druged daze.

The gari had left a present for the attrackers. Hidden across the city, they had stored bunches of flowers and herbs, things that really didn't seem important to the grigs compared to the precious stones and eggs. When the city began to burn, the drugs, often used in the Gari's shamanistic rituals and ceremonies, lit up as well.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Spoiler
    Show

...Awesome

Note for self :
    Make research for anti-gaz masks...or learn how to use stimpacks.

Yraku sighed.
    "-You know, even though it probably means the end of our little crusade, I'm happy to see this..."

The city was burning, whole platforms crashing along the trunks while more stable "buildings" were just transform into burning hells. Speaking of hell, the grigs knew now what it was. But most of them were too high to care. And by "high", I'm not speaking of the altitude.

The blaze didn't fry many of them, only a few hundred greedy who had remained behind to grab whatever gemstones had been left by their brothers. Those weren't a loss Yraku would miss. But the fact that the bounty was nearly null means even these few deads would compromise the whole crusade. Grigs were faithful servants of the Kind Mother but they were individualists to the core : They didn't take a risk if there was no wealth or no fun in it.

-----------------

The sun was rising and, among the trees surrounding the former Canopy City, grigs awakened. They had flew there, trying to land despite the "navigation problems" induced by the drug. On the trunks, gory splats were evidences enough that not all the brave warriors had succeeded. Yraku preferred not to think about how many would be find down there, having fallen asleep while flying or simply fallen with the whole city.

Speaking of the city, it was among its few burned remains that him and the priests landed now to make their speech. The Canopy City was no more, only the houses built into the trunks had survived the fire.

The voice of the priest was not the mad and frightful one he usually used to scare the hell out of his adepts. It was now full of honey and he was using magic to even further his influence.
    "-My brave, my very brave grigs !! I know what you're all thinking !! No, the Kind Mother didn't let us down yesterday !! No, she didn't just slap us in the face while we were ready to serve us at the best of our capability !! Of course, many died yesterday and the reward for their sacrifice is...well...let's say we expected more... But the true believers should not let themselves driven away from their quest by this...

"-Just shut the **** up and give us some more of that incense candles you burned yesterday !!"
    "-Yeah, mon !! I' wanz more o' da one, too !!
    "-Com'n, da' ain't difficult for ya, mon !! Ya da priest !! Ask Xiren for da goddamn funny flowers !!"
    "-Yaahh !! More funky flowers !! More flowers !!"
    "-MORE FLOWERS !! MORE FLOWERS !! MORE FLOWERS !!"

A chill ran down Yraku's spine and he began to shiver with a mix of fear and confidence. They were... it was like those young Lycian nobles, back in time, when the old Tzymik was still in charge. When Xiren's cabals was selling poison and drugs in the Kyba Empire. They were addicted !! How was that possible after only one single try ? Grigs were hedonistic devils who experienced hundreds of different pleasures. How could one drug be... Oh, and to hell !! It was irrelevant now.

"-You want some more ?!!"
    He felt the true power behind Xiren's spell infuse him as he spoke. The whole crowd went silent for a few seconds and he seize the opportunity.
    "-Then let's get some !! I can't give it to you for I don't now this plant. But I know some opossums who sure know which one it is. DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHO I AM THINKING TO ?!!"

Thousands of cruel laughs filled the air, scaring away birds and squirrels alike. In one vibrant sound, the whole horde took off. They weren't on a holy crusaders. They were junkies...and they needed a fix.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

It had been only ten minutes since the boat had left dock when a figure descended upon the fallen naga that lay in a pool of his own blood.

"You did not die well." Cirenos whispered to himself as his tongue tasted the air, taking in the residue magic that was caked onto the body. "Repeatedly charmed; not a talented spellcaster; strange magic as well... grig perhaps?" he started off at the ship which was now well into the horizon.

He turned to where the sleek trimere had pulled alongside the deck, about ten meters off. While the majority of the Naga used Hydras those who prefered to remain a little more under the radar used trimeres rowed by slaves. This was one a very sleek vessel.

"Ahoy there! We have come as requested!" The ship captain was a no nonsense Mamban with the weathering marks of several years of seamanship under his belt.

With an easy running start, Cirenos leapt from the dock to the deck next to the captain, much to the astonishment of the crew.

"In the name of our father; we need to stop that ship off to the horizon there."

The captain looked at the bead of a ship that was disappearing into the distance.

"That could be a while for us to catch that ship, si--"
    "then by all means lets make haste now."

As the single row of oars extended, the ship began it's trek, the name Odyssey gleaming in the setting sun.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Sea pursuit

"-Faster, you lazy scaly handbags !! I can see them gaining on us !!"
    "-Wind is blowing in front of us, we're doing our best but if we were sailing in the right direction..."
    "-The right direction is away from THEM !! We have neither the firepower nor the right to get caught !!"
    "-Yes, your excellence. The Blood Flower be praised, we won't fail !!"
    "-Yeah...I'm sure. Now, faster !! We must at least hold until dawn."
    "-Why for ? What's happening at dawn ?"

It was not exactly when it would happen but where : the ship was sailing right to the Underwater Jungle's direction. And even if it was slower than the trireme behind it, it would reach its destination in a few hours.

"-If only this wind could turn... Why isn't Xiren a wind goddess ?"

City of the Depths

"-Kappa !! Ship-Ship !! It's coming, mistress !! It's coming fast !!"
    The Naļade rose an eyebrow. Like some oriental princess, she was laying on a long chair, encircled by her most loyal (read dominated) Kali slaves. The sharkmen were bringing her small seafruits and shells to eat while she watched two large Kappas duel to the death for her amusement.
    "-And so what ? One of my sister is probably already moving to get it. And I'm full of lovers for now..."

Trullia wasn't the war-like type of fey. She was more concern about the next harvests of her territory than the surface dwellers, though she liked to have a steady supply of "flesh toys" like any naļades. As a dryad, she had learned that conflicts were to be avoided. Not doing so would only bring ruins in the end. Xiren had gifted her with a brand new domain, a race of weak minded soldiers and a fantastic palace inside a magical city. Why would she risk all of this ?

"-They got insect-fey on board !! And snake-men too !! And..."
    "-Insect-fey ? Grigs are traveling with Nagas ?!"
    "-Hu ? Y...yes, mistress. Kappa thinks so..."
    "-Go get my sharks. We'll go to the surface, after all. Gather a reduce guard as well. No more than a hundred Kappas. I'm bringing two lovers along to guide the sharks."
    The spy wouldn't have to wait until dawn, after all.

Spoiler
    Show

A force of Kappas led by a Naļade and two dominated Kalis is traveling to intercept the boats as soon as they'll near the Underwater Jungle.
    Expect "Sparta time" for your Shivan, as the Kappas are just dumb but strong 3-feet tall amphibians with poisonous skin. Feel free to kill them all.
    Last edited by Johel; 2009-01-18 at 08:30 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28

Northern forest

The frenzied grigs could think of nothing but their next target, though they were unsure of where it was. The first city they had found by charming some Gari, but now they were vigilant and unlikely to let themselves get caught. All they all they were certain of was the general direction. If they kept going deeper, they were sure to find more settlements and their intoxicating treasures.

Of course, in their eagerness to find more "funny flowers" the grigs ran blindly into traps. The forest was incredibly saturated with traps. Weighted net traps, clap traps, spike platform traps, windmill like swinging arm traps, needle traps, falling rock traps, snapping branch traps, all sorts. Even though the stupidest and most careless grigs were dying left and right, the smarter ones knew they were getting closer to the next target.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Odyssey

Cirenos watched grimly as his trimere made headway against the fleeing vessel; mainly due to the slaves who manned the oars. Thiers was not a bad lot in life, not when the other choice was ritual disembowelment on an altar to a god who is eternal in his hunger.

But they did not occur to Cirenos at all, as he paced the deck, surrounded by the bronzed armored spears of the naga warriors. there were only thirty of them, as this was not a vessel of war.

"We should be upon them within the hour, mil'lord..." the Captains voice drifted from the back where he manned the rudder.

"Then make preparations. I do not suspect these traitors will go calmly." Cirenos voice was ice as he considered the prospect coming up.

Discarding his cloak, he spread his four arms widely, his eyes tracing rune circles fondly. "It is time to test my worth.." he whispered to himself as he considered the prospect of voice exciting. Taking a deep breath; his four hands came to a rest in front of him, then began forming seals quickly; faster than the eye could see. As each seal activated it triggered a corrisponding rune tattoo on his body.

Shivan Seal: Armor of Obsidian

A suit of magic formed samurai like armour (think eko from opening credits from karas: prophecy) magically encased his body;

Shivan Seal: Divine Fangs

At the same time to lengthened katanas appeared crossed on his back.

"We shall see these traitors brought to justice." Cirenos murmured, now he was prepared.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Xiren

Sea Pursuit

"-Brace for impact !!"

The pursuit was over. Thanks to his more numerous crew of rowers, the Odysseus had gain enough speed to catch on his target. As the slaving vessel tried a last manoeuvre to avoid being ramed, the xirenists were drawing their weapons, a band of grigs flying among the masts while the Nagas waited on the deck.

The shock was hard and threw half of the crew down. Soon after, silent felt upon the slaving vessel, with only the creaking sound of the hull rubbing against each other as the Xirenists stood up. Seconds passed.

Then a lone battle cry filled the air, immeditately followed by the hiss of arrows raining from above. The grigs weren't going to go down without a fight...at least as long as they got Naga meatshields.

As the evil fairies fired the first salvo, a lone shadow jumped on the deck, moving swiftly past the first four Xirenist Nagas who, despite their fighting experience from the raids, went down with a gurgling moan. The rest of the crew reacted fast and a savage melee ensued.

Spoiler
    Show

I let you start the true fight.

• The Odysseus had rammed the slaving vessel.
    • Cirenos is now alone on the slaving vessel.
    • Against him :
    • 50 sailors with some fighting experience (they prey on undefended villages most of the time...) but not true warriors.
    • 10 Grigs with short bows are firing from the masts.
    • Grigs can jump easily from one cordage to another and even fly (though badly, given the wind in high sea).
    • Charm ability are probably useless against the Naga warriors but it's useful to make the Naga sailors keep fighting rather than consider surrender.
    • I'll bring the Kappa reinforcement in next post.