New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Blank Slate IC2

1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: Blank Slate IC2

MIA !!!!!!!!

The scream was filled with pain and worries, not the usual mad and angry cries Xiren was used to. This alone would have been enough to shock any god hearing it, not because of any special magic but because... F***, it was Xiren, after all !! She wasn't suppose to sob for somebody.

And she wasn't even supposed to thing about avenging the heroic goddess. But she tried anyway. An arrow was fired toward Moghor...then another one, and another and so, each of them infused with a tiny shard of the Kind Mother's godhood. Again, a rainbow engulfed the projectiles...which number increase by the thousands as the light fainted.

As the POWER OF FRIENDSHIP guided Xiren's arm, the power of hate and anger still guided her thoughts when she called upon the skies. And from dark clouds filled with rain, a single drop felt toward the Giant King.

Now, a drop of water is harmless. But it isn't when said drop is fifty meters wide, falls from hundred meters above, coloring itself with a tainted yellow glow as it morphed into sulfuric acid...then was engulfed in purple lights and redirected itself according to Moghor's moves.

Spoiler
    Show

Big spash...

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Moghor Rezamir

A few of those arrows pierced Moghor's armor, but he still seemed to be able to shrug it off.

"You pathetic excuse for a goddess! Haven't you learned anything? You can't change. Your actions fall flat."

As the giant drop of acid headed for him, the Destroyer drained the remaining power from the Orb of Adaptation. The artifact produced a mystical shield that covered his entire body. Instead of crushing him, the acid struck an invisible surface and harmlessly flowed around his body. The Orb cracked and shattered shortly after.

"Now, Xiren, why don't you join your new best friend underground?"

Moghor invoked the magic of his Torc, opening a fissure under the goddess' feet. Even if it didn't kill her instantly, it would at least keep her busy. The Giant King turned to Alchaeus next.

"I'm getting tired of this. I'll kill the last underling, then I'll return to take care of Nokumo."

Moghor walked calmly towards the Black Knight, his former champion. He conjured several shards of obsidian and threw them in his direction. Much to his surprise, Alchaeus was able to block the projectiles with a earth shield spell.

"No mortal could have stopped this attack. How...?"

"You cannot hurt me. I am part of you. Akteron gave some of his own power to the Earth Keeper. With it, he was able to manifest in this plane of existence. I am more than an avatar. I am the Living Earth. I am the Sword and the Shield. I am your worst nightmare."

Moghor frowned and launched another attack on Alchaeus/Moghor, this time conjuring great claws of fire to rip him apart...but to no avail. His opponent was completely immune to his magic. Now, it was Alchaeus who was coming towards him, wielding two crystal blades. He charged and attacked fiercely, but he was unable to get the upper hand, as the beast Moghor parried every one of his blows. They fought like this for a time, until Moghor got tired and moved swiftly behind the Black Knight.

"I may be unable to destroy you, but you have no chance to kill me, either."

"Ah, but I have something you don't have. You see, there was a bit of power borrowed from Akteron left in the Earth Keeper's body. He used it for something else."

Out of nowhere, a gargantuan spear encrusted with gems appeared in Alchaeus' hands: the Javelin of Retribution. The avatar turned around and threw the magnificent weapon at Moghor, who found himself incapable of dodging it. The spear not only pierced the Living Armor and greately weakened its wearer, it also went through his arm and into the ground, anchoring the massive beast to this spot

"Nokumo, Akteron, if you have a plan, now would be the right time to act!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Even if Xiren can fly, she is drawn to the fissure by an invisible force. If she falls in, the hole is sealed off and the goddess is trapped; until she uses a divine act, that is. Of course, Xiren could also evade the trap. I leave the choice to you.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2009-02-28 at 12:39 PM.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Barbarian in the Playground

While the black knight and Moghor fought, Nokumo took the opportunity to grab his jawbone and shove it back into place. He then gathered his power, waiting for the two combatants to break away from each other.

Tapping into the last reserves of his power, Nokumo focussed on the ground Moghor was standing on. A purple disk of mist formed underneath the beast and began to rotate, becoming darker in the center until it turned into a completely black., swirling sinkhole

Moghor could feel his own weight dragging him down into this pit. Dozens of thin arms reached out from below and grabbed or wrapped around Moghor, clinging on him, beckoning him to join them. If one was torn apart or otherwise destroyed, another would take its place.

Alchaeus could see Nokumo's form waver and buckle.

Do you feel this creation bleeding to death, Moghor? You could save it, if not for remorse, then to save your own hide, for if you continue this madness, I will rend you asunder if it takes the last ounce of my strength.

You used to be something far more, Moghor. We are gods, but none of us is perfect. We have we have the same impurities that plague the mortals below. This world does not belong to us, but we belong to this world. We were to tend to it as we saw fit. How will the last chapter... end.... Moghor?

---------------

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ettin in the Playground

Mia

A small statue of a Lycian swordmaid lay where it had been dropped, the only change in the gray stone the glittering sword she held. The glittering sword, that glowed with an inner flame, brighter than any sword should be.

What would the mind of a sword be like? Sharp as its razor edge; keen and honed; focused on one goal above all others; loyal and deadly and noble.

Xiren. Wield Me. Save My Mia - I Will Aid You. Wield Me. The thought - cold, proud, sharp - flashed into Xiren's mind. For a moment, she saw Paragon in her mind's eye.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

Akteron

Akteron watches as his siblings fight below. Watching the destruction that is occurring, he comes up with an idea. Perhaps it is time to leave the world to it's inhabitants. He would have to think about that. In the meantime, he sends his voice through the ether to echo in the combat zone

Moghor! Perhaps we can work something out? Perhaps something to drink while we talk?
    Last edited by Krrth; 2009-03-03 at 10:52 AM.
    Thanks to Edwin for the Avatar!

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Moghor Rezamir

Moghor looked around him, barely able to keep himself out of the miniature black hole. The gods near him could feel the heat come down.

"Will the pain end? Will the anger disappear? ARGGGH!"

The Beast-Moghor screamed as his body slowly melted. Once the transformation was complete, nothing was left of him, except for a sphere of super heated, liquid metal. Alchaeus approached the god's remains and absorbed the divine energy. Obviously, that was too much for his body to hold, so the Earth Keeper swiftly removed himself from the material plane, turning back the Black Knight into his former self. Moghor then reformed in the Void, next to Akteron. He was not a ghost anymore; he had the looks and the personality of the Keeper, but now, he was complete.

"It is good to be whole again."

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

Akteron

Good to see you again my friend.

If I may...what caused this split to begin with?

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Moghor Rezamir, The Earth Keeper

Moghor turned to face Akteron.

"I am not sure. I believe I was overwhelmed by evil. It shows us that even the most powerful beings in the universe can succumb to temptation. We are flawed and we must be careful not to let our Ego drive us. But enough talk. It is time to act."

Moghor walked through a portal back to the battlefield.

"I am sorry for everything Nokumo. But now, at last, we will be able to work together. We will rebuild this world."

As he talked, the Giant King ripped a portal in the fabric of the plane to allow all the refugees from the Waste of the Iron Kings to go back to their homes in Sanctuary.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

Akteron

My friend, we all have a lot of work to do, and some hard decisions to make.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Moghor Rezamir

Moghor looked at the battlefield below.

"The trolls and the lycians may never come back... I still intend to save those who are left. I may not be able to recreate all the lives that were lost, but I will use my power to heal the earth."

With a sweep of his hand, the geography of the land changed. The scars of the planet disapeared one by one. The great fissures closed. The charred lands reverted to their initial state. Entire wastelands became fertile again. Death Peak and the Valley of the Flesheaters were purified and cleaned of all undead. At last, it seemed like the earth had recovered from centuries of harm and suffering. But that wasn't all. Structures emerged from the ground: archways, houses, towers and walls. Soon, the central region of the main continent, including the site of Old Sanctuary, turned into one great city of perfectly cut stone. Inside the city walls, Moghor made sure to leave plenty of free space to hold trees, parks, fountains and pounds.

As a final touch, he also carved statues of the gods out of the mountain range overlooking the metropolis.

Spoiler
    Show
    5 major acts spent

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

Akteron

There are enough Trolls among my followers that they can repopulate if necessary. But....what to do.

With that, Akteron studied the land. At his command the monks, sages, and craftsmen the followed him set forth. Skills and knowledge were given to any who would learn them. In every temple to Akteron a library appeared. These libraries gave the true history of the world, good and bad.

In the land formally inhabited by the Cave Trolls, a wondrous carving appeared. This carving depicted the world, from beginning to the present. As present became history, it was added.