New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Blank Slate IC2

1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Blank Slate IC2

Nokumo's quest

Nokumo had some difficulty tracking the god in question, since the "new" Moghor was doing all he could to mislead him. However, the Fiery Lord, being busy in his homeplane, couldn't hide him forever. And so, Nokumo eventually sensed Moghor's presence down on Earth...

Spoiler
    Show
    Nokumo has only a vague idea of Moghor's exact location, which changes very often. The fact that he is not there in a physical sense doesn't help, either. Let's say it will take Nokumo some more time to be able to find him and interact with him.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Xiren

"-The world will be destroyed ? Oh myself !!"
    The mad goddess let a cruel laugh burst from her throat, her charming voice contrasting with the general decay of the place.

"-Do you really think I am the one who should worry about that ? This world was a barren rock to begin with. WE made it the way it is today. I don't think it will be that hard to start all over again from scraps if we have to. It's the destiny of all things to grow and die. What's important is how we enjoy ourselves while we still can. Look at this place !!"
    She waved both arms, showing the Cloaque, with its rotting trees, its oily rain, the burst of sulfur, the ever present shriek of millions of fiendish creatures creeping everywhere. At this very moment, the rain weakened, only to be replaced by the buzzing sound of the flying flees.

"-It's the incarnation of pestilence : its inhabitants don't care how it will evolve because they know that they can't do anything to prevent the changes. They can delay entropy but they can't stop it. Of course, millions suffer and die because of it. But soon or later, life starts all over again. We immortals are only speeding things because the multiverse would be pretty boring if we just watched."
    She put a finger into a nearby pool of stagnant water.

"-As for the part I and Moghor played in the downfall of the trolls, that's a long story, Nokumo... Let's sum it up : my toys were doing fine, settling inside the Continental Forest, living as usual...until some big green idiots decided that the Fey Folk didn't deserve to live...Watch !!"
    From the dark water, thousand of shining colors appeared, forming a pattern similar to a rainbow. A spinning rainbow where pictures appeared, directly drawn from Xiren's memory.

Pictures of a battle between opossums and fairies. A savage fight where neither discipline nor mercy had its place, adversaries jumping at each other's throat with blood lust. A other mischief for the grigs, a fight for survival for the Garis. The cities falling from the trees...and a scout of Jin'Karthai watching with disbelieve as corpses seemed to rain all over him, down from the canopy. Corpses of small mammals...but also those of old hated enemies.
    The image changed and showed legions of trolls marching toward the Putrid Swamp, hundreds of eagles flying in the sky. The scene showed air and ground battles...then a huge blinding blast. The second after, the Putrid Swamp was only the shadow of its former self.

"-The trolls didn't even try to negotiate. They attacked the Putrid Swamp and when they saw they couldn't win...they nuked it. Most of my toys were broken, the few remaining ones were hunted down. But still, they fought to survive...but it was a fight they couldn't win"
    The image showed a small grig village, built near a river. The place wasn't nice, with wastes and bones lying everywhere, children fighting each other in the mud while their parents were busy hunting food or letting their lust going out. Sometime both when they found sentient victims. But this little "eden" for the Fey Folk ended when the Bear Lord appeared with a dozen of his lesser brothers. The poison, best weapon of the grigs, didn't work. A slaughter ensued.

"-The Animal Lords could only be fought with brute strength. I had none to lend to my followers. So, I told my priests to engineer a war between the Trolls and the Erdas. In those days, Moghor's clergy was calling for peace and unity in world still scared by the climatic changes. They couldn't turn away from the survivors of a genocide."
    The image showed the rocky spire of Sanctuary, then the construction of the wall which would surround Xiren's Ward. The scene shifted back for a few shots at the Trollgroves, where viral attacks decimated the cities while the Fey Folk was using Troll villages as hidden bases to prepare new attacks.
    It then focused on a young troll girl who moaned as she was about to give birth. But when the awaited child came out, she cried with the sorrow of grieving mother, hugging her dead baby whose flesh was already eaten by maggots.

"-After the sterility disease, I knew it wouldn't take long for Zuli to react. Impulsive and protective as he was, it was to be expected. And there was only one clear target for his wrath..."
    The pool went green. Only green...then showed Xiren's Ward, near Sanctuary. Corpses were everywhere. A giant tree appeared...disappeared...reappeared again...and disappeared for good.
    A beautiful dryad was then seen, giving a passionate speech to an assembly. All the races, even trolls, were there. All of them lived in Sanctuary. And all of them applauded as the Dryad asked them to go to war.

"-Moghor want to dominate all life. And so want the Erdas, though like their maker, they are subtle about it. With the Troll Empire being the only faction capable of opposing Sanctuary's hegemony, the only thing the city and its allies needed was the right reason to attack, so that the people would see the war as a necessity. Terror is a very good reason. With Moghor's help, the whole Earth-bound alliance was convinced that what happened at Xiren's Ward was the doing of Voodoomancers."
    The image showed legions of Erdas, Jakarus and Lycians marching across the Continental Forest, with grig scouts leading the way to the hearth of the Troll Empire while also committing atrocities as their allies weren't watching.
    It showed Sanctuary's troops acclaimed as liberators by charmed trolls, with dryads laughing in the shadow while the grigs used trolls as guinea pigs for their new virus.
    It showed demonstrators in Sanctuary's streets, led by fairies, all claiming loudly to send more troops. Most of them weren't even charmed, they had just been tricked.

"-With the world seeing the Trollgroves as an fascist dictatorship, hungry for blood and conquest, what could the Trolls do ? Nobody spoke of the viral attacks which had killed most of their own population. Nobody spoke of the columns of refugees. Nobody even tried to negotiate peace. And even though the Erdas forbid any violence against the civilians, it was definitely a war of extermination...but nobody knew it yet. Not even Moghor."

The pool went black. Xiren didn't need a screen to explain the rest.
    "-As I said, even Moghor disapprove unnecessary killings. He would have prevented the extermination of the Trolls. And if he hadn't, I'm sure you, Zuli or Akteron would have prevented it...if you hadn't been watching somewhere else. Yes, you heard me : the Isle of Souls was just a decoy !!"

She goated as Nokumo's surprise appeared.
    "-What a better bait, isn't it ? The Isle of Souls, center of the mortal knowledge, where every single idea and innovation has been written down. What a tempting target now that the blueprints of the Voodoo Bomb were there... Typical from this mad flower... She always wants to play with the toys of the others... And she is so selfish she won't even consider the cost of such an assault... What a pity for a god... Well, that's what you all thought but, as you were busy with the Isle of Souls and its ten of thousands of invaders, less than 400 grigs killed 75% of the already weakened Forest Trolls !!"

The pool bursted into a true rainbow, filling the air and showing the Isle of Souls as it was changed into the Tainted Island. Then the sudden freezing winter and the forest of frozen Kappas.
    "-The Kappas barely deserve to belong to the Fey Folk. They are stupid, weak-willed and not subtle at all. But they breed as fast as the Jakarus and are as resilient as a Ruskie. And so, even with the losses they suffered, they'll recover in a century or so. The Trolls however... The only ones left were the warriors fighting Sanctuary and its allies. An army five time larger."

Happy, she gave an evil smile to Nokumo.
    "-So, who's been manipulated, now ? This world will survive, Nokumo. I will survive !! Because I'm the most ruthless and smart of all of you !!"

3. - Top - End - #153
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Cloaque

Nokumo played along as Xiren went through her long winded monologue. When it looked like she was wrapping up, he put his hand on the side of his head and spoke.

Oh, my. How could I have ever known that? If only I had the slightest shred of hindsight, I would have been able to piece together your story word for word...Oh wait.

Now the greater deity was clearly mocking her. With sarcasm, no less.

There is no part of your tale that was not already obvious to anyone with half a sense of perception. As for the other points you made, your assesment of the current situation is flawed, to say the least.

Firstly, the world was created under the grace of the maker. With his influence, the fledgling gods were able to shape the land with monumental creations. The oceans, the skies, the mountains... If we were to start over, it would probably be without the Maker's grace and take thousands upon thousands of years to do so. Surely, you would grow bored, by then.

Secondly, you assume that you are eternal. Nothing with a begining is eternal. The world was why the gods were made, not the other way around. The gods were ment to shape the world, be it a paradise, wasteland or divine playground. Would you risk annihlation should you let the reason for your existence fall to pieces based upon an already shaky premise that you can "start over?"

Thirdly, the plans for the "Voodoo Bomb" are in the deepest recesses of the library where only the dead can reach. As he is now, Akteron could skin you alive and unmake without any trouble you should you try to retrieve them.

Also, supposing if you did get the plans for the bomb. What then? Only the Trollish Empire's most skilled Voodoomancers could bring together the energies required to make that divice. Your grigs and dryads have only their fey magics and are, frankly, too stupid and incapable of the necessary magics to construct it.

Lastly, you are making incorrect assumptions about my motives. I do not need worshipers, as you do. It matters little to me if the Trolls, the Erda or the Fey-Folk dominate the planet. I don't care about your "toys" and what they do. My so called "intervention" was completely Vrrn's discression. No, I have far more important things to attend to.

The counterarguments struck xiren like heavy blows. All of her work meant nothing to this deity. All of her plans were revealed and she was certainly not getting the response of crushing despair she was hoping for.

Nokumo leaned forward and appeared to swell in size. Creatures that got too close either fell dead or were turned to ash. Those emotionless red eyes were almost unbearable to look at.

I am tired of hearing about Xiren. Xiren always talks about Xiren anyway, even if no one asks Xiren. Xiren is unimportant. Xiren is hated by all the other gods and I don't care much for her either. If Xiren doesn't shape up and take on a semblance of responsibility, Xiren's actions might catch up to her. Understand? Now, stop wasting my time and tell me what I want to know.

Perhaps I wasn't clear. I want to know about Moghor. What he said to you, how he spoke, what he looked and felt like, and what claims he made. This is far more important than your little romp with the trolls. If you continue to waste my time, I shall become angry, and I warn you, I do not like being angry.

The only god that Xiren hadn't completely alienated yet was sitting before her. Did she really wish to hide for eternity in the cloaque where even there, she could not be guaranteed safety?

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Xiren

"-I don't give a fuc-k about the Bomb !! But if you believe I do, then it prove my point : it was a good distraction. But let's get to your question, shall we ?

Moghor asked me to join him...to pledge myself to his service, as he put it so delicately. In exchange, he gave me his word that he won't interfere with the Fey Folk. As for how he was... I haven't seen him in a while but, for what I heard from the floral chant, he has changed a lot recently. I don't know what he is planning but I do know one thing : Moghor want the creation, not destroy it. I said this world will survive and if you had listen you would understand. Zuli was the last threat to his power. Now, unless you or Akteron decide to step on his dreams, he'll work at perfecting his creation rather than fighting against us all to control it.

Slightly nervous, Xiren tried to look confident nevertheless.
    "-Now, be gone !! Your presence itself is an insult to the beauty of the Cloaque."

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The Cloaque

An evil laugh echoed in Xiren's plane.

"Why wasn't I invited to this party?"

A firestorm raged where Moghor stood.

"Nice speech, Blood Flower. You almost got it right this time. However, this is the old Moghor you're talking about. This one doesn't care about any of that nonsense. Because I understand, now. All creation was doomed from the start!

The Maker's grace... Ha! Such a joke! The Maker never intended to make us a gift. He created us...not out of boredom, but because he wished to get rid of us! We were once part of his being. He, like everything in this universe, was flawed. And so he sought a way to get rid of his weakness, a way to cleanse himself. That's when he decided to give us a body and mind of our own, as well as a...playground, so we wouldn't bother him.

That is the truth! Why else abandon us? Now, he may seem like he is indifferent, but that's just because he wishes to forget our very existence, forget what he was.

You see. The universe is absurd. Everything is futile. Xiren... you may have been wiser than any of us. You chose to live fully, without any concerns. You knew the end would come one day, though. And now, it has come. That leaves you with a choice. Either await your inevitable death here, or join me and have some fun before it all ends.

We may begin by destroying that meddling fool, Nokumo."
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2009-02-18 at 04:25 PM.

6. - Top - End - #156

Nokumo

Nokumo palmed his face and shook his head.

Everyone is always making it sound so easy to destroy me. You have no idea what I am, do you? Well, then. I suppose that this turn of events was inevitable, in any case. Xiren, I thank you for your help.

Nokumo suddenly began to metamorphos. He grew another set of arms, his feet turned into splayed three-toed claws and a jagged maw appeared where his mouth would have been if he had a mouth. His body was pure black void.

As for this thing before us, it isn't Moghor, or at least not the moghor you know. It said as much and would be willing to destroy you and all of your creations once it is through with me.

Now, Xiren. Do you wish to be remembered as nothing more than a sniveling nuisance of a god that ended as nothing more than a slave to a greater power, or will you actually take some responsibility as a god, finally earning some true respect among your peers, and respect for the fey folk who, as depraved and evil as they are, have desires and emotions just as any other mortal.

Think about that, Xiren. For now, my attention is needed elsewhere.

Spoiler
    Show
    5 major acts used for a universal domain boost.

Looks like you will get that massive deity battle you were hoping for, Omnik.
    Last edited by Smiley_; 2009-02-19 at 12:00 PM.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Moghor Rezamir

"Why must you always fight the inevitabe? Don't you grow tired of it? Don't you grow tired of everything? You should go rest alongside Kuto. Yes...let me put you to sleep."

Moghor focused on the material plane beyond. He swiftly absorbed the earth energy, thereby destroying the mystical ley lines and leaving only gaping holes in the ground. Entire regions were completely ripped apart by the god's reckless act.

Spoiler
    Show
    2 major acts to boost domains
    2 minor acts to further mess up the planet. It took 2 minors to create the Sunset Canyon, so you can guess how much land has been destroyed by those last two. If you want an image, the affected areas kinda ressemble Outland, with big chunks of rocks floating in midair and violent storms.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Cloaque

Her arms stretching for the dark clouds above her, she called upon her divine energy, gathering it. A pink bolt stroke her and with a shiver of pleasure, the Kind Mother smiled at her brothers.

"-Moghor...I gave you my alliegeance, didn't I ?"

This sentence, coming from another goddess, would have settled things. But from the treacherous weed, anything was possible.

"-I tell you what : GO TO HELL !! Nokumo and you can kill each other, I don't care. Whoever survive, I'll win. This plane is my home and though I'm weaker than each of you, I'm still a match for a wounded god. None of you will fight here because he would become my prey."

Continent

"-The end is near !! Pray the gods and...Yurf !!"
    The knife just went through the Erda priest as Xiren's followers began to loot the collapsing city. For the adepts of the Blood Flower, the end had always been near. This moment was just the climax they had waited to act.

Everywhere on the planet, similar scenes of despair, fear and angst could be seen as Moghor, the god who had once called for unity, peace and order, wrecked chaos on the world...to the benefits of the Xirenists.

Ocean

As the lands were shakened by Moghor's divine power, earth cracking like dry bark, the City of the Depths just took of, the aquatic plants used to build it severing their roots from the seabed while gigantic hollow bags, filled with the hydrogen the algae had isolated through photosynthesis, drag it up.

And as the waters endured the earthquakes, the fairies just went above them. Surrounded by the green of the Underwater Jungle down there, the City of the Depths and its inhabitants contemplated the sky as a thick hot rain began to fall. A old Naïade advanced with a shell, blowing it to get the attention of the crowd.

"-And so it was forthtold that Xiren would bring the end of the world as we know it !! So that we, her children, may enjoy lands and seas again, cleaned of the filth her brothers once spread.

When the seven days of destruction will end, we, the Fey Folk, will settle on the wasteland and spread the Kind Mother's love again. Life will flourish and we will kill, maim and torture as we wish. Insects, amphibians, reptiles and roddents... All will evolve. All will change and become more than they are. But one thing will never change : we, Her children, will always be there and enjoy what destiny will throw at us. For we are the Fey Folk. We are the Chosen People !!"

"-WE ARE THE CHOSEN PEOPLE"

Spoiler
    Show

1 Minor act to make the City of the Depths float among the waves.
    1 Minor act to shield it from the outside with a magical rain.
    Last edited by Johel; 2009-02-19 at 01:42 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159

Nokumo

The god ceased hovering and steped on the mud of the cloaque. The ground turned to stone when he placed his foot down and crumbled into ash when he lifted it. The plants, likewise, were going berzerk, dying, rotting, regrowing, and because of the influence of the cloaque, twisting and mutating into woody cancerous nightmares. As Moghor was concentrating on the world below, Nokumo placed one of his hands on the other god's chest. The flames seemed to die as they came close to the god's arm.

It burned like nothing "Moghor" ever experienced before. His golden flesh was marked by a black, cracked handprint.

Nokumo stepped back a ways and placed a hand on his forhead.

Inevitable? That is yet to be seen. You will find that putting me down will be quite difficult. By the way, who are you, really?
    --------------------

The world below

Three beacons of light shone on the world. The Haunted Woods (unaffected by the tree exodous because it is Nokumo's place), the Stone Garden and the Coral Pallace, yet undiscovered by any but the Sea-Wolves, experienced a sudden flow of divine energy. The chaos that was caused by the sudden removal of the ley lines was slowly being stitched together. The planet wasn't going to pot that easily.

Nokumo lowered his hand.

If it is so Inevitable, why are you so impatient? You have other...more pressing matters to atteind to.

Spoiler
    Show
    6 minor acts spent to slowly fix the planet. I'm spent.
    Last edited by Smiley_; 2009-02-19 at 02:11 PM.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Moghor Rezamir

Who am I? I have already told you. I was part of Moghor's being. I won. Now, I am in control.

You know what? Xiren is right, after all. We should leave this stinky place...leave her with her vermins.

Moghor stepped through a portal of his own and came out somewhere on the main continent. He looked at his chest, where the golden skin had cracked.

This shell is not appropriate!

Moghor screamed in rage as his skin dissolved and his body grew enormous. He was nothing like the old god of strength. He now ressembled a great, bipedal horned beast; at his core was a blazing inferno. Once his transformation was complete, Moghor summoned his set of artifacts (yes, all four). Totolkan soon appeared at his side.

"- My Lord, I see you're ready for battle. What do you want me to do?"

Have you harnessed the power of the remaining Titans?

"- It is done. What is the next step?"

You have done...enough. Now, I have everything I need. I simply need to make a few modifications.

The beast grinned and conjured a fiery hand to grab his servant.

" - Wha- what?! My Lord! Ha...Have mercy!"

Don't worry. You will make a fine addition to my equipment.

The hand then squeezed the poor Totolkan and shaped him into a pure sphere of divine metal. The new Orb of Adaptation came floating above Moghor.

Spoiler
    Show
    No act: Scrapped a major act to turn it into an artifact.

Picture of the new Moghor (remember that he is enormous):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2009-02-19 at 05:49 PM.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Akteron

Akteron watched as the world was once again damaged. There were places of hope yet, but the fate of most was dire. Akteron pondered this while he ate a cookie.

This is really a very good cookie. I wonder if Xiren or Moghor would lighted up a little if they tried one. Ah well.

Like Nokumo, he sent forth power to turn parts of the world into safe places. Things that were not but should be began to take shape. Trees, or at least the perfected reflection of trees, began to form at the monasteries, temples, and universities sacred to Akteron.

Spoiler
    Show
    2 major acts to create and spread "Dream Trees". These are merely reflections and memories of what trees are. They are only temporary, but fulfill the same function as the now missing trees (although when "killed" they disappear.
    Thanks to Edwin for the Avatar!

12. - Top - End - #162

Nokumo

Of course, Nokumo wasn't too fond of the Cloaque either, and Xiren's mood certainly would not improve if other gods were freeloading in her home plane. Nokumo faded away from the cloaque.

He remanifested on the central continent facing Moghor. Noting the barren landscape, he looked up to the skies.

There was a streak of light, then another and another. The star shower was hanging beautifully in the night sky. However, these falling stars did not appear to disintegrate in the atmosphere, but impacted onto the ground, one after another. Thousands of these things slammed into the ruined landscape and where they struck were the zaniest trees that anyone had ever laid eyes on, trimmed in funny shapes, blossoms never seen on earth and leaves of every color imaginable. Standing next to each one was one of the forgotten star-people: Thousands, no, millions, the entire race, biding their time for when they would be needed most.

Each turned into a brilliant bead of light and sailed toward Nokumo, forming a sparse mantle of stars hovering around the god. Three of the stars, brighter than the rest, orbited Nokumo's head: Their colors orange, white and purple. Nokumo stretched out his two right hands and in them formed a long staff, curved and hooked at the end, made of what appeared to be a cool blue dazzling light and it emitted a chilling glow. In one of his left hands, a brilliant white and gold sickle made in a similar fashion was created, though the light from this one felt warm and welcoming.

We both knew that this moment would come, sooner or later. Let destiny be done.

Spoiler
    Show
    Star spirit race, (3 majors and 20 minors total scrapped) left alone for a loooong time, is finally doing something. They are taking part in the final battle by forging with their lives the Mantle of the Heavens: provides substantial protection against non-physical attacks and is keyed to the destruction domain, The Cane of Silence: a staff of power keyed to the death and spirit domains, and the Harvester of Labors: A sickle keyed towards the creation and life domains.

And as for the trees, they are space trees that the star spiris have been cultivating for centuries. They won't do anything for the battle, but they should add some much needed festivity to the bleak landscape.

((You know what? Thick, yellow rain, trees of every color imaginable, craters the size of small lakes everywhere, doom and gloom and patches of order where things are the way they should be? This is one screwed up world. ))

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Akteron, the Void

Akteron was surprised to see a purple-haired giant floating in front of him in the Void. His body was partially transparent; in fact, he looked just like a ghost. The being bent over to take a cookie, but his hand passed right through the plate. He then looked at the God of Death with his stern black eyes.

"A shame I can't get to them. They do look good."

----------------------------------

Moghor Rezamir

Moghor grinned again.

"You may go first. Throw me everything you've got."
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2009-02-20 at 09:52 AM.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ettin in the Playground

Mia

Mia had slept... she had been tired, tired for the first time in millenia...

When she awoke, the cries of her people consumed her. In pain... torment... suffering.

Zuli had ripped apart the world... Moghor had done the same, Moghor who she had trusted... Akteron tried to make the world better, but it wasn't enough...

She knew what she had to do, but it was hard. The world had ended, it was plain. It was over, the wars of the gods had broken it. It was over.

But in darkness, there is always one small light. In light, there is hope. And in hope, there is regeneration and rebirth.

She focused the powers of creation, listening to the weeping world beneath her. And she created something new, a world reborn.

Spoiler
    Show
    3 Major Acts to create Yggerdasil - a parallel plane, but one that is not intrinsically connected with the Blank Slate. I added in the extra Major Act to make it impenetrable once the passage is locked and the door is shut.

...We never named the world, did we? It's coming to an end, and it still doesn't have a name...

She herded her people into the new earth, opening portals across the broken earth. The Kybans had shimmering doorways appear among them, as did the Hyrnans and the Coastlanders. Every Lycian had a door, a door that beckoned them on.

The doors shut, behind the Lycians. And with a flash of light, the land known as the Vale, with the last trees in existence, vanished from the face of the earth as if it had never been there.

Spoiler
    Show
    6 minor acts to usher the Lycians and greatfoxes and Lammergeiers and Gryphons into Yggerdasil. 3 minor acts to have the Vale disappear completely.

Sorry, Mike, but the Vale's special - you ain't taking Mia's trees, boy!

Mia held the last door in her hand - Paragon. The key and the door and the hope and the salvation and the sword...

She had a duty. A hero's work was never, never done. The earth did not need healing - the earth was dead, Zuli and Xiren had seen to that! In the ruin of all that was, she had a task.

And she would fulfill it.

Paragon sang in her hand, for it was her and she was it and they were death and death was them in that moment - life and death and ash and grass and light and dark and death.

Spoiler
    Show
    3 Major Acts spent on +1 DvR.

Mia is now DvR 13... not enough to break Nokumo or Moghor single-handedly, but perhaps enough...

...I'm using too many ellipses...

Moghor, Nokumo and Mia

Mia appeared by Nokumo's side, small and fragile before Moghor's might, clad in shimmering armor and holding Paragon at the ready.

Her voice, though, was unchanged - ferociously fast, energetic and somehow... optimistic? It boomed out, ridiculously loud for a goddess so small before them. "Hey, Moghor! Stop messing up the world!"
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Moghor Rezamir

"Ah, Mia. I thought you had accepted your end...but apparently not. You can't fight what you are, I understand that. Still, it is depressing. Such heroism, such energy...but in the end, it is all for nothing."

16. - Top - End - #166

Nokumo

And so full of hot air...

A huge three toed foot slammed into Moghor's face With a flash, the sickle slashed once, twice on Moghor's forearm, the wounds burning... but not painful really, it felt good. The cuts, however, became glass-like.

Nokumo spun around and struck the wounds with his staff. The glass wounds shattered and the Negative energy flowed forth from the weapon.

It hurt like hell, to say the least. Nokumo jumped back and landed next to Mia, launching a small black orb that struck the Giant King in the chest. His armor and the torc allowed him to shrug off the attack, but he was knocked backwards a bit, even while wearing the Torc, as if hit by a mountain made of iron.

You do not know who you are dealing with. I am not simply an exceptionally powerful god. I am a cosmic shepherd. I vowed to see creation through to its conclusion, whatever it may be, and it has altered me.

Spoiler
    Show
    Nokumo is as big as Moghor, though not quite as...beefy, I guess.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Moghor Rezamir and Nokumo

Nokumo could perceive life energy flowing from the earth to his opponent. Even if the ley lines were no more, Moghor was still able to tap into the last reserves of the planet. His armor also seemed to accelerate the healing effect.

"Big words, Nokumo. But whatever altered you was not a cosmic force...but your own folly! Don't worry...I will purify you."

Moghor instantly appeared behind Nokumo (Travel domain) and started clawing at him. His blows were powerful and capable of stunning for a short duration, but not extremely precise. However, his true goal became apparent as dark flames began to spread to Nokumo's body and essence; not normal flames, but a potent form of corruption, a type of disease that could eventually consume his mind and soul.

Spoiler
    Show
    Of course the burning corruption is not supposed to be an instant win, but it should be taken seriously.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

The Void

I'm sorry, I didn't see you there. Have we met?

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The Void

The being gazed at Akteron for about a minute.

"Yes, we knew each other in another life. I am the Earth Keeper. I predict that there won't be much to look after, unfortunately. The world below is falling apart. Hmm...speaking of down below...it appears Nokumo is fighting my other Self."

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

Void

Your other self? I take it you are -or were- part of Moghor?

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Xiren

The fate of the world hung in the balance as the gods themselves walked in bright daylight, not even caring to shroud their true shape anymore.

The world was already in bad shape but it had to endure still another wave of raw destruction. One last ordeal for the mortals and they'll be free to evolve without the "divine justice" looking over them.

Said justice had proved itself flawed : Zuli the Impulsive, Moghor the Schemer, Mia the Uncaring, Akteron the Phlegmatic, Xiren the Cruel, Nokumo the Lunatic and so many others who had disappeared as the Creation went on and finally stagnated because of the divine bickering.

However failing the Creation was, its makers could still right it... but they wouldn't. Too much pride, too much ambition...and too much anger. In the end, there could remain only one...

Xiren was aware of this but she chose to stay neutral for once. Even if she hadn't planned this, her mad mind pleased itself to think so. And so she would just watch...for now. She teleported near Mia, a evil grin on her face.

"-The pompous jerk is right, my dear. We shouldn't interfere...too much. Let's just wait and scavenge upon their body. You can have Moghor. After all, didn't he betray you ? It must hurt your pride soooooo much..."

She turned to watch the fight, cackling all the way with excitement.
    Moghor had just delivered a crippling blow but one of the kind the Mistress of Pestilence couldn't let pass. She was supposed to preside over diseases.
    Rainbow light engulfed the god of Life and Death, fighting the infection running in his body.

"-It would take all the fun out of it if you were to die like that, wouldn't it ?"

Spoiler
    Show

Xiren's blessing isn't healing Nokumo. It's merely keeping your curse at bay. When the spell will end, Moghor's poison will run free into Nokumo's body.
    Last edited by Johel; 2009-02-20 at 04:37 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The Void

"Moghor, you say? Hmm it's possible. I keep forgetting.

So, tell me, friend. What is your purpose?"

-----------------------

Moghor Rezamir

The creature laughed as it appeared behind Xiren.

"Xiren...you shouldn't have come here. On Earth, you are NOTHING!"

As he spoke, Moghor conjured great obsidian spikes shaped like teeth. The enormous maw emerged from under Xiren's feet and ripped through her body.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry about that but...now, Moghor doesn't care about anyone. While it shouldn't kill her, it was a direct hit from a spell cast by a greater god in a place where Xiren is only DvR 11 (plus it's a barren and dry wasteland).

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

The gored body didn't cackel anymore. A weak moan went out of the Kind Mother's purple lips :
    "-That's...not...fair"

Her own words about "scavenging the bodies" get back on her mind and she tried to gather whatever energy she had left. Then she turned her gaze on Mia :
    "-Help...me...please. I'll...be nice...from now."

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ettin in the Playground

Mia

Mia looked down at Xiren, seemingly uncaring. Then she knelt down, her face level with Xiren's.

"Xiren, you are a cruel, selfish, greedy, sanctimonious, immoral, incompetent, pessimistic weed-bitch." Mia's face lit up into a childish grin as she raised her glowing hand, Xiren's wounds closing and fading away. "I just wanted you to know that before I was nice to you."

Mia waved her hand, and a sword made of twisting vines dripping poison appeared before Xiren. "But I can't sit back and let you die, and I can't sit back and let Moghor destroy the world. Wanna help? ...I knew you would!!!" She didn't even give Xiren a chance to respond before giving her a sisterly hug. "COME ON!!!!!!"
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Xiren was overwhelmed with love. Was that the power of friendship ?
    "-That's...disgusting."

As the hug ended, Xiren hesitated between turning against Moghor or Mia. This biatch had touched her !! Well, that felt nice...and warm...and kinda conforting after the trauma of another near-death experience. But still... It was odd and Xiren was sure the little whore was just taking advantage of the situation.

But eh... Moghor's "hug" was worse so...
    "-To hell with your feelings !! Let's help the fiery one to rott...I mean rest. And then we shall have a little talk."
    She discared the sword, making a bow appears. The same bow she had used against Kuto.

Spoiler
    Show

Was the sword for Mia or for Xiren ?
    And was the hug just a hug or did you run the sword through Xiren ?

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

The Void

Me? I make sure the souls of the Dead make it to the next life. I also chronicle this world.

27. - Top - End - #177

Nokumo

The god stepped back a bit as the flames coursed through his body. Xiren's charm had halted the condition, but the curse was still there. However, Nokumo never did follow the same rules as everyone expected him to.

He crouched down and pointed a finger at Moghor. The black jet of flame streaked forward...and missed. The curse must've disoriented him more than was suspected.

Except it didn't miss. Nokumo had expelled the corruption curse, and the evil flames had struck their mark. It took a while for Moghor to realize this, but it was quite apparent that Nokumo had delivered the curse to the floating Orb of Adaption.

He stood up, strong once more. When Moghor reappeared behind Xiren, Nokumo threw the sickle, and it formed a glowing anklet around Moghor's foot.

Spoiler
    Show
    That Anklet is fastening Moghor to the material plane. He will find it very hard to teleport, and if he does, it will not be instantaneous. Also, it will be quite obvious where he would appearing next.
    Last edited by Smiley_; 2009-02-21 at 01:45 PM.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The Void

It almost looked like the "ghost" was smiling.

"Yes. But why do you do this? Is it simply because it is your duty? What do you think about all this? I would like to know what the gods have to win in all this."

-------------------------

Moghor Rezamir

Now Moghor was angry. He drew the Hammer of Inferno and charged Nokumo. However, he stopped just before reaching his rival and hit the ground, therefore causing an important tremor. At that same moment, jets of lava escaped the earth and shot towards Xiren, Mia and Nokumo.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2009-02-20 at 09:14 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

The Void

I do it for several reasons. It needs to be done, and so far I am the best suited to do the job. This world is a great work, and like all great works, it needs to be built right.

The mortals of this world need...well, if not us, something. I hope that when all this ends, my library will prove educational. As it is now, any and all who come can know what it is like to be someone else, to know what it is like to do something different.

No matter who created them, they are all my children. Eventually I will step aside, but not until they can stand on their own.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The Void

"Interesting. There may be hope for us after all."

The being looked pensive.

"Now I'm getting frustrated. I'd really like one of those cookies. As well as a nice, hot cup of tea. If only I had my own body again..."
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2009-02-21 at 11:05 AM.