New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default The Sculptor - IC

Ashley interviews for a new job

Ashley hopped off the subway and followed the directions to an unnamed building that over looked Hope park.

She stood for a moment looking up at the top of the sky scraper, ignoring the small voice in her head saying "you look like a ****ing tourist." She also couldn't ignore that teeny tiny sense of wonder, staring up into the sky and realizing that man had built this thing.

However, something about it felt . . . wrong. There was a bad feel to the place, something that set her on edge. Not only was the building unmarked but the temp service hadn't giver her the name of the company, just the address and floor. Part of her wanted to turn and leave, not from fear, no Ashley wasn't the type of woman to run crying from something creepy or unpleasant, but more out of a sense that whatever was in that building was going to be a pain in the ass.

She entered the building and found herself stopped by a guard at a desk who demanded to see her ID and then called up.

"Miss Stetson," the guard says into the phone. "A Miss Nall says she has an appointment . . . uh huh . . . yes. Thank you." He hangs up the phone and says "take the third elevator, elevator C, to the 80th floor. Miss Stetson will take you from there."

A little while later Ashley is ushered into a room by Miss Stetson "probably a dye job" Ashley thinks looking at the woman's hair. As she enters a man stands up and offers her his hand.

"Good Afternoon Miss Nall," he says politely. "I'm Charles Craton and I represent an employer who currently wishes to remain anonymous and I must say that we are very interested in finding a place for you in our organization."

(ooc - Pausing here to see if Ashes has anything she wants to do OR if she recognizes Craton's name as there have been a number of news reports about a prison break out in which a number of inmates including a Charles Craton escaped)
    Last edited by DJDeMiko; 2009-01-27 at 10:29 AM.
    Annoying Gamer says - Hollywood is sooooooooo unoriginal. Hey, check out my dual wielding drow Drazzit!

Annoying Gamer says - My level 1 character's background is pretty complex. After fighting in the three great wars, he was forced to return home and kill an elder dragon single handily.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: The park - IC

Ashley Nall was unemployed and some would say even reckless, but this was sketchier than an art major's messenger bag. She knew the name Charles Craton from the news, but didn't think that this guy would be so completely stupid as to use it if it was really him.

"That's great, but you still haven't been telling me what I'd actually be doing." Ashley kept a straight face. After all, it wasn't like anyone could hurt her. But all the healing in the world couldn't get her out of jail for doing something illegal. So, instead, she just played it cool until she could get the hell out of here.

She eyed every door suspiciously, committing the exits to memory so that if she needed to make an escape, where the way that wasn't the elevator was. Healing or no, she had no idea whether a jump out of an 80-story building would work.
    Last edited by Sicarius; 2009-01-14 at 11:53 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3

RogueGuy

Mr. Craton laughs in a friendly manner as Ashley asks what she would be doing and reaches into his desk, pulling out a file. As he opens it Ashley notices a few typed forms as well as news paper clippings. She doesn't recognize the clippings per say, but knows what they are probably about.

"Ms. Nall," Craton says. "We are aware that you are a very gifted woman and that in the past certain people have . . . well not treated that with the respect it deserves. Ms. Nall, I have a reputation for being a man that doesn't do bull****, I cut to the chase and I'm going to do that now. You have a gift that should be used and you should be properly compensated. Their are drug companies that charge people hundreds of thousands of dollars to "treat" their illnesses. Treat! Not even cure, just treat. We are looking to employ you in two methods. He lays out a contract on the table.

The first is that we want to act as a manager. We want to find you customers who are willing to pay a reasonable rate, when taking supply, demand and current medical care costs. Of course we will be taking your own health and enjoyment into concern and would only be allowing access to you on a safe and reasonable basis. We also think that it is important to do good. For every four paying customers, we will establish a board to pick charity cases in need. As your manager we would only be taking 20% of this income.

The second would be a payment . . . a retainer of sorts, to be on hand to treat senior management if the need arises.

Ms. Nall, I must admit that it pains me to see such talent wasted . . . applying to temp agencies. The good you could do, the money that you could make . . . well its just to much to be ignored."

Ashley had sat eying the man carefully. His presentation was brisk and she thought she felt something strange . . . that the man didn't think she would take the offer. She also felt a slight itch on the back of her neck that made her feel like someone was watching her.
    Annoying Gamer says - Hollywood is sooooooooo unoriginal. Hey, check out my dual wielding drow Drazzit!

Annoying Gamer says - My level 1 character's background is pretty complex. After fighting in the three great wars, he was forced to return home and kill an elder dragon single handily.

4. - Top - End - #4

Devil

Ashes

Get out, get out, get out, get out, get out! Ashley's mind was racing. How had they found her? Were they black budget government? Were they criminals looking to extort the sick? Instead of getting defensive, she started to play dumb, putting on her most confused face possible. "I'm...I'm not following. You want me to do sales calls?"

Ashley's look of confusion, arched eyebrow, half-open mouth, half-spoken 'huh?' on her lips, was attempted to be as genuine as possible.

5. - Top - End - #5

RogueGuy

Unfortunately for Ashley, she was attempting to bluff a man who had spent most of his life with the criminal element.

"Ms. Nall," Craton said. "We know exactly who you are and what you can do. We have been aware of you for some time in fact." He pulls some items from the folder and lays out a few pieces. Two articles, one with a picture of her, both written in the polite tone of someone trying to be nice while reporting on something that they figured was a scam. He also placed a number of photos, some of religious meets and two of her actually healing people.

"Ms. Nall," he said. "While you were working with . . . well in your last position. We figured that you were happy their despite the way that many of the people who sought you out treated you. Since we became aware of your . . . . leaving . . . . we thought it would be an appropriate time to contact you."

Craton gave her a friendly look, clearly sensing her distress and he lowered his voice to a softer pitch. "Ms. Nall," he said. "I can assure you that your secret is safe with us. Turn us down and you can be assured we will never reveal it. To be quite honest who would believe us anyway? It's not like we would be saying anything that a dedicated person could find with some simple newspaper searches."

He leans back in his chair. 'However, I think it would be quite remiss of you to not seriously consider this offer."

6. - Top - End - #6

Devil

Ashes

"I don't do that anymore. Good day." Ashley flatly rejects the proposal and turns to leave.

7. - Top - End - #7

RogueGuy

True to his word, Craven makes no move to stop her and simply wishes her a good day as she leaves.

Ashley rides the elevator, getting that squishy feeling in her stomach as it quickly descends from the 80th floor. She walks out the door of the building and sees that night has fallen.

In New England in the winter, night falls fast and hard, despite only being in the building for 30 or so minutes, it has grown dark . . . . at least for a city.

(ooc pausing here)

Back in Craven's office. Craven watches the girl get on the elevator and then closes his office door. He turns to an empty corner, behind where the girl sat, and says "I told you she wouldn't go for such a direct approach."

The Boss materializes in the corner and replies "I knew she wouldn't. If she was the type to accept an offer like that she'd have already been selling herself to the highest bidders. No, I just wanted her to know we are out here. That we exist. That girl, with all that anger, could still reach a point in her life where such an offer would appeal to her." An unpleasant chuckle emerges from deep within the hood. "That and I wanted to see her in the flesh. A naturally born healer . . . . you don't see one of those every day."

Across midcity Benjamin stands bored on a roof top wearing the parts of armor that he believes once belonged to the Captain Hope suit.

Finding crime is hard, he thinks, How the hell did Hope do it. I can barely hear anything through this damn helmet and I can't seem to stumble across crime.

He had figured out one thing though, it was a lot easier and safer to use the suits "flight" power for super human jumps. He jogs to the edge of the building, kicks off and with a very unprofessional shout of excitement fly/jumps 60 feet into the air and slowly lands on a roof a block away. He walks around the roof trying to scan the alley for thugs or criminals of some sort. All the newspapers claimed that violence was sky rocketing, but he was starting to suspect that it might just be sensationalism. He remembered what the city was like when The Boss was still around and this didn't feel anything like that.

The newspaper! he thinks suddenly, that's it, it said that violence in Hope Park was on the rise. He turns in the direction of the park and starts jump/flying only slowly down as he passes by the Rebuilt Tompson building.

He lands on a roof top and then takes a deep breath and fully engages the flight system, hovering out 20 feet above the tree line of the park. He tries to scan the area for crime when he suddenly sees his targeting system light up . . . on something in the tree. The visor still wasn't working quite right and he could only read ********* Mod*le v*s**. He swoops in for a closer looks, slowly pushes his way through the branches and sees something metal and plastic built into a birds nest . . . something that looks awfully lot like a slot inside his helmet.

8. - Top - End - #8

Things in Odd Spaces
    Legacy

"Wow, sweet, another part of the suit." Ben says, his voice coming though the modular voice box. He leans down to pick it up and rolls it around in his hands a bit.

"Nothing ventured..." He stated, and starts moving it around on his head looking for a slot to snap it into, and assuming he does, puts it right in.

9. - Top - End - #9

RogueGuy

Ashes

ooc - for those interested in the location of the building Ashley is in. It is located near the L of Hope Park, directly south west of Center Square.

Ashley walks to her subway and stops short when she seas that the entrance is closed and chained. There are fliers on the wall announcing that the station will be closed for repairs . . . but they are the sort of fliers that no one ever looks at until its to late.

Ashley curses and does some mental geography. She could head north east and pick up the R line . . . or she could go through the small edge of the park and pick up the 7 just south of it. She shrugged, the decision was simple. The R line was longer . . . and she wasn't the type of girl to worry about the danger of the park at night.

Ashley walks into the park and is surprised at how well lit the main path is. Still, from the looks of things, two steps off the path would have you in deep darkness.

About 10 minutes later Ashley hears the unmistakable sound of a gun shot. Before she can decide what to do, she hears the sound of a baby screaming. Unable to stop herself, Ashley starts to run towards the sound and doesn't slow when she sees the bloody woman clutching what could only be a bloody screaming baby to her chest stumbles into the light.

The woman sees Ashley, smiles briefly and then stumbles forward, crashing to the ground and sending the baby tumbling across the asphalt path. Ashley reaches the baby and can clearly see a bullet hole in the child's abdomen and knows that it only has moments to live.

Her focus is so intent on the dying child, that she doesn't even here the 8 thugs closing in on her.

Legacy aka Captain Hope

Ben notices that the part he found would fit perfectly with a slot in the inside back of the helmet. He glances around, quickly pulls the helmet off, sticks the chip into the slot and pulls the helmet back on. Nothing happens for a moment and then he sees text begin to scroll past his visor.

Sen*sor* *odu*le de*ec***
    Runni** *iagnostic*
    .........1*
    .........ER*OR
    .........ER*OR
    .........ER*OR
    .........ER*OR
    .........ER*OR
    .........ER*OR
    .........ER*OR
    CRITI*AL **ILURE DETEC*** Suit ** comprom***
    Only *5% of suit detec**
    attempt**g sel*-rep***
    initi**** re***out
    ........10%
    ........20%
    ........30%
    ........40%
    ........50%
    ........60%
    ........70%
    ........80%
    ........90%
    .........100%
    Sensory chip functions rerouted
    Sensory chip activated
    LoadIIg visu** enh**cement progr**
    ........10%
    ........20%
    ........30%
    ........40%
    ........50%
    ........60%
    ........70%
    ........80%
    ........90%
    .........100%
    Ben almost jumps backwards as his vision clears and the darkness evaporates. [I]Holy ****, night vision[i]
    Load**g **dio p**gram
    ........10%
    ........20%
    ........30%
    ........40%
    ........50%
    ........60%
    ........70%
    ........80%
    ........90%
    .........100%
    Ben hears a faint crackle and suddenly he is deafened by noise as the helmets external microphones activate.
    So thats how he heard in this thing!
    Lo**ding **n****** *e****a*** progra*
    ........10%
    ........20%
    ........30%
    ........40%
    ........50%
    ........60%
    ........70%
    ........80%
    ........90%
    .........100%
    Activated.
    The screen returns to its normal function.

Ben begins to wildly look around, overjoyed at how easy it had become to see and hear through the helmet and then hears the gunshot.

If Ben rushes straight to the sound he will come across Ashley a few moments after the part above ends. IE Ashley will have a few moments to decide what she's going to do.

All of the thugs are goons and this means that the two of you can deal with them in anyway you wish. You can even get your butts kicked if you want. The thugs are wearing the colors of The Demons.

10. - Top - End - #10

Legacy

"Yes, the ability to see and hear is mine!" Ben shouts, jumping down from the tree with a harsh thud, presumably to much astonished looks from park goers.

A gunshot. The sound of crime. That really gets the blood pumping.

"Balls." Ben states, and begins to run toward the source of the noise, determined to stomp out some crime in this fair city.

11. - Top - End - #11

RogueGuy

Ashley

(ooc - Ashley hasn't posted for three days so i will post for her)

Ashley normally wouldn't dare use her powers with the risk of being seen, but she can see that the baby is only moments away from death. She kneels down, lays her hands on the child and begins to concentrate.

Legacy aka Captain Hope

Charging forward Ben sees a body on the ground covered in blood, a young woman holding a bloody baby and 8 men closing in on her.

He can tell from the piercings and tatoos on the men that they are probably members of "The Demons" one of the most blood thirsty and violent gangs in the city.

His visor begins highlighting weapons that are held by the gang members.

12. - Top - End - #12

Devil

Ashes

Ashes crouched down and placed her hands on the infant. There she saw it's memory laid bare before her. She took the dead and the dying cells, ruptured unfairly. What could a child do to deserve it. People were monsters, animals that needed culling. She took the interior cells first and pushed them back to how they were. Healthy cells replicated, dying cells pieced together their ruptured cell membranes, and the dead cells sloughed off and disintegrated, to make room for the new.

The baby cried, as it had before. Healing was not always the most pleasant of processes, after all.

13. - Top - End - #13

Legacy

"Aw hell tha **** nah." Ben Grayson said as he found himself saying as he witnessed this scene, straight out of... well, whatever it was out of, it was bad. He focuses himself and aims his right hand and, in an epic moment of clarity, shoots a knife out of one of those thugs hands. It goes sprawling out wide and hits the ground point down a good distance away.

"Booyah." Legacy states as all eyes turn to him. "Well, are we gonna fight or... er. You are all under arrest. Listen to the words of Captain Hope, surrender and i'll go easy, don't and your as- butts I will kick." The boy turned hero continues as most of the thugs stare at him slack-jawed. Then they start laughing.

"Oi oi, yeah, looks like Captain Hope to me, eh, eh?" One of them says, in between laughs, and then the whole lot of them start to run at him.

"Well, bring it- ooof!" Legacy responds, as one of them knocks his helmet in the face. Man, this scene wasn't perfect. Another one runs at him with a knife trying to stab him, but Legacy gives him a swift kick in the stomach. And then activates his jets.

"Oh my god, it burns!" The man yells as he falls back, clutching his stomach in pain.

"Oops." The hero says, taking to the air, and giving another thug a mean elbow drop that takes him out of the fight pretty evenly. Then the other thugs all start jumping on him to keep him on the ground. "Ohhh, get the **** off me.... hey, hey!" He shouts as one of them starts trying to pull off his glove. He blasts him right in the face and sends him sprawling. "Listen here, if you're trying to piss me off, you're doing a good job, but I can't fully control this thing so its your funeral, understand?" He shouts as flies up in the air, one guy still hanging onto him. He takes that guy for a ride, spinning around till the guy tops five feet to the ground dizzy as hell. Legacy lands nearby and turns to face the remainder, holding his head a little.

"Oh man... okay... next." Legacy mutters.
    Last edited by Tichrondrius; 2009-01-21 at 03:25 AM.

14. - Top - End - #14

RogueGuy

One of the demons calls out loudly "Screw this" and pulls a gun out from his pocket.

Ben/Legacy/Captain Hope, hovering 10 feet into the air, turns to the man, tries to strike his most heroic pose and calls out "Halt . . . . errr citizen . . . . don't you know that bullets are no match for Captain Hope s . . . . . I mean my Hope suit!" I hope, he adds to himself.

The demon shrugs, says "that broke as* suit ain't saving you from sh*t!" and begins to fire.

Ben tries to take evasive maneuvers, by shooting higher into the sky, but three of the bullets hit dead on. The first two bounce off his kenitic shielding harmlessly, but weakening it in the process and letting the third find its way in. Ben feels incredible pain in his stomach and feels liquid, which he oddly hopes is blood, beginning to run down his legs.

He begins to curse to himself and sees the gun wielding demon starting to reload and then has an idea. He says a quick prayer and attempts to activate his gloves pulse gun. He hears a grinding noise and suddenly parts of the gloves begin to realizing themselves and he hears a faint whine as it charges.

He aims down at the group and says quietly, almost as a prayer 'don't hit them, just scare them' and begins to fire at the ground.

On the ground, Ashes comes out of her concentration to see the Demon firing at some crazy idiot playing Halloween-hero dress up. Suddenly balls of energy, moving at very high speed, begin spraying out of the idiots metal hand and crashing into the ground. The gang members (which she may or may not be able to identify as members of The Demons) begin to run. Fighting a funny flying guy isn't the same as a guy firing on them.

Ben sees the thugs running, breathes a sigh of relief and realizes that he is very very tired and . . . . .

Ashes sees the flying idiots jets start to sputter and suddenly he falls 40 feet and crashes into the ground. She sighs to herself, she didn't need saving after all, and goes to check the guy out. She lays her hands on him and sees the blood loss, the organ damage from the bullet and the broken bones from the fall.

She thinks a sarcastic thought about his showing up being far more inconvenient than had he left her alone, but knows she has to help him.

A few moments later, Ben wakes up, reaches for his stomach to find that it is missing the new hole and then notices that theirs a girl passed out next to him. His mind whirs as he realizes what must have happened, that she must have saved him.

Having no other ideas, ben checks the baby's mother, dead, and then takes the baby and the passed out girl. It's tough, but he manages to get unseen to a police station and leaves the baby with a note saying that its mother was killed in the park. He then checks on Ashes ID, finds her address, takes her home and leaves her a note that says thank you.

ooc - sorry about the fast forward, but this thread slowed a bit and the other two are almost ready for the next chapter. feel free to post any interactions or reactions to what happens. If Ben wants to leave a more detailed note, lets see it.

15. - Top - End - #15

Legacy

Thats twice now he had been injured near to death by a band of thugs. Twice. Not even meta-supervillains, just a group of no good badnicks. Minions, really. The boy hero sighed in his own mind as the child cooed in his arms. "Poor kid." He muttered to himself. This was the kind of thing he was supposed to stop before it happened. Now, this kind didn't have a family, and would be lost in the legal system till he ended up being adopted by a family that may or may not be good and then told hes adopted someday... poor kid. And it was all his fault.

Legacy had wrapped the baby up as much as he could in its blankets and held it close as he knocked on the door of the police station. A policeman answered soon after, "Excuse me, this baby... its mom died and... I don't know of any orphanages around... could you please take care of it? And make sure it doesn't get lost in paperwork, this kid deserves a decent life." Ben Grayson said as he handed the kid over to the night speechless cop. Ben backed up a little, then took a running start and blasted off.

That cop was a good person. They would make sure the kid lived decent. He just couldn't see leaving that poor baby on the cold concrete till someone found it, just because he was... what, shy? Anyway, now he had another errand to run. This girl saved him earlier, and he was grateful... he might be dead right now if not for her, because he was stupid. Because he wasn't good at this hero stuff. It was a good thing his right arm was super strong, he didn't know if he could have held both her and the baby without it.

Eventually, he gets her home and lays her on the bed. "Nice place." He says to himself, and looks around a bit for a pen and piece of paper. "Hmm... lets see, Thanks for saving my life? Err.. Thanks Citizen, You did your city a great service by saving Captain-... no, no..." He paused, and began to write again, "Thank you for saving my life, and for saving that kid too. You're a good person, and if anyone was the hero here today, it was you." He finished, and put it on the table next to her bed, then blasted off once more.

16. - Top - End - #16

Devil

Ashes

Hours later, Ashes awoke, really wanting to throw up. All of her dreams had been of gunpowder and blood, and she swore she could still smell them both. She suppressed the lump in her throat and grabbed a big glass of water, which she promptly spit up, but it got some bile out of her mouth.

She was in her home, and now that the immediate biological urges were out of the way, she grabbed sense of her surroundings. She was at home. She didn't remember getting there. She remembered trying to heal too much, so someone must have taken her home. Not to a hospital. To her home. Hopefully that meant she wasn't going to be stuck with a 3k bill.

Her eyes spied a note, and she grabbed it, reading it. Once she got to the 'You're a hero part,' she really had to throw up. Praying to the porcelain god, the note found it's way into the trashcan.

17. - Top - End - #17

RogueGuy

End of Chapter 1: The Park

Chapter 2: The Sculptor Begins

18. - Top - End - #18

RogueGuy

Default Re: The Sculptor - IC

Ashley glances at the mail on her table and realizes that she hasn’t opened any of it in days.

“Probably all bills anyway,” she says but decides its time to go through them.

Most is junk mail, a few bills, but one letter in particular catches her eye. The return address has a familiar name.

It is from a Father Rodriguez, a doctor turned priest who she knew during her healing days. While he had adamantly believed that she should use the power god gave her to do god’s work, he had also been one of the few to take her side when others turned on her. He had actually stood up for her and had been very concerned over her health. In short, her feelings toward him weren’t entirely negative.

Still, she considers simply throwing it out. How did he get my address anyway? She thinks to herself. The curiosity becomes too much for her and she opens the letter.

“Dear Ashley,

I hope this finds you well. I know you don’t want to hear from me and I’ve let you be. This time though, I felt I had to contact you. Please don’t be mad that I have found you. I promised my contact not to reveal that they gave me your address.

About a week ago a young lady came in, you know the type, moment she walked in I knew she was going to be trouble.

She’s a nurse, works in New Hope City at a hospital in Fort Hope called “Our Sacred Lady of Hope.” What’s with people in that city using the word hope for everything anyway? It worries me when a place makes people have to find ways to force hope into their lives.

Either way, she tells me that she knows I know you and that she needs your help. I told her (even though you know I am against your decision to quit healing) that it was your decision, we can only wait for you to make peace with god. It’s your right to choose what to do with it and I didn’t like her tone.

You know me though, I offered to help myself. I went with her to see the hospital, there’s something evil there. Patients are coming down with tumors and grotesque mutations. The CDC and most of the staff are calling it a yet unknown super bug, but I don’t think so.

You should see these people, some of them are children, on the surface it appears to be cancer, though some of the strange growths I have never seem from a cancer. But they are developing them in less than a day. One moment a mostly healthy child, a nurse does a round a few hours later and the child has a one of the biggest tumors I’ve ever seen. I do mean seen, some are so large they are bulging out of the skin.

Ashley, there is something evil here. You know that I’m not a superstitious fool who looks at illness and sees demons, this is different. I am spending my time at the hospital now, trying to help the doctors there figure out what’s going on and giving spiritual council.

It is your choice to come, I would never demand it. But please consider it. If I am right, if this is truly the hand of evil then I think maybe only a hand of good can cure it.

Please consider.

Cell – 555 – 555- 5551

Jose (dated almost one week before you are reading it)”

19. - Top - End - #19

Devil

Ashes

Ashes looked at the paper quizzically. Father Jose had been nice to her, but this was something she didn't want to do anymore. The sound of innocents suffering tugged at her heartstrings, and it stunk of someone with a special ability.

Cancerous growths growing at record cases wasn't a disease. The medical textbooks she read could tell her that much. Cancer was a growth, and growths grow. Something was stimulating sick cells like she did to live ones.

She grabbed her phone, and then hesitated...

It's never easy, is it...

She dials the number on the phone.

20. - Top - End - #20

Devil

Ashes

“Ashley, I can’t talk long, we are under quarantine, we aren’t supposed to be talking at all, I’ve kept my cell phone hidden. I was right though; there is something otherworldly going on here. I’ve seen the infection spread through routine quarantine procedures, the tumors . . . I don’t even want to call them that anymore, its almost like they are evolving, becoming more complex structures. Ashley, I think someone is doing this to them, I can’t prove it, but I believe it.”

“There is a hidden entrance through a series of maintenance tunnels. (he explains how to get in from another building).”

Ashley please they . . . I think someone’s coming, I have to go, hey you can’t take. (sounds of a scuffle and the phone goes dead)”

The healer seemed a little perplexed. "Father?" She asks, but receives only static. No, it couldn't be. She started to get scared. She hung up her phone, and paranoia struck her for a second, so she checked out all of her windows.

She felt goosebumps prickle up and down her skin. She was frightened. But what could she do? She was so weak. She couldn't handle the pressure of everyone's hopes and dreams. She couldn't save the Father. She...

was already packing a bag.

It wasn't much. Flashlights and other supplies that she'd pack in her car if she was traveling. She wasn't sure what she was doing. Instead, she kept on packing despite her mind telling her no.

But Father Rodriguez was good to her, and she owed him much. She was turned on when she quit, and he supported her. She might have been in a different place, or even taken the coward's way out, rather than who she was. The Father needed help.

She put on her backpack. It was nothing special. She looked like a student. Perfect. Now it was time to see what she could do.
    Last edited by Sicarius; 2009-02-06 at 09:19 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21

RogueGuy

Ashley heads for the hospital and as she passes by sees that the entire block has been cordoned off. The quarantine is full effect. She sees people in full bio-hazard suits and armed troops guarding the doors, the entire scene reminds her of a science fiction movie.

She follows Father Jose Rodriguez's instructions and heads to a busy warehouse a block away. The place is teeming with activity, people moving boxes and crates, which works to her advantage, no one notices as she slips down into the basement, into an empty closet and lifts a grate on the floor revealing a small ladder. She climbs down to find that she's in a well lit maintenance tunnel.

To her right is clearly chained and locked door and to her left a stairwell.