New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: All the Strange, Strange Kingdoms - IC Thread

Faith must spread : Ebony Hills

A warm smile appeared on Virius face. Something like a grandfather for his favored child. He waved a hand as Regenisis spoke of the delay.
    "-We are in no hurry. If you aren't busy yourself, maybe can you tell me more about this place and its people. Some of them have... unique abilities, as I have seen. Or should I say felt ? Not mentioning those strange golems of yours. I know of some mages who can built similar things but that's the first time I see that many of them."

Burn the tainted !! All (dead) flesh must be purified !!

The assault was well coordinated, a group of light riders attracting the undeads out of the woods while a thick formation of spearmen waited for them in the open. When the horde came on sight, crossbowmen knelled and aimed. Though their bolts wouldn't do much against the undeads, the impact was usually strong enough to tripe some of them, slowing down the flow. And a lucky shot in the head was always a possibility...

The abominations crashed on the wall of spears, on which they were stabbed until they felt for good. The undeads were lashing at their opponents but unable to reach them without impaling on a spear. When the pressure was too high on a square, it stepped back slowly, letting just enough space for the templars to rush in with swords, shields and heavy armors, making short work of the already weakened undeads.

White magic, usually used only for curative purpose, was here of great value but the Theocracy found it out only after a few incidents, when undeads had attacked unprotected refugee camps. The militia had been overrun and the adepts of the Dove had been forced to fight with what they had...

Anyway, today, the tactic against the undeads was fully implemented. And it was with little pride that Cardinal Monreskieu, in what could be describe as a storm of blades, rushed the left flank of spearmen square, pushing back the undeads by himself. Soon after, the ranks of the tainted were thinned enough for the heavy cavalry to run them down.

The day was theirs...but what about tomorrow ? The threat won't disappeared until the source wouldn't be destroyed.
    Last edited by Johel; 2009-01-18 at 02:48 PM.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Regenisis walks closer and as Varius can see better he realizes something. Not only the Irises and center of the eye is black, the entirety of both eyes are black.

But she smiles and gestures at a long table. She dismisses the Captain and sits down "Well, we are people of all types, Captain Spears there is a Doppleganger, Lord Fiskes aid is a Dhamphire, I am a Simulacrum"

She leans back "As to the golems, they are known as Warforged. They have minds like you or me, but they prefer to be lead, by their creators. Their name is a misnomer as they can be great workers, farmers, or craftsman as well"
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

"-Thinking machines, so ? Interesting... As long as their mind retain its freewill, I'll say it's a fantastic achievement. Most golems are but mindless tools and what little initiative they got come from their creator's own soul.

Our nation has always looked down the fires of industry. They are efficient and we too use it but our forges are both too small and too few to even think about mass-producing thinking machines. And we probably wouldn't. I can't explain it but I can surely see the moral problems it would bring."

His mood became more serious, though still friendly.
    "-The Rivanian Theocracy is like your city, my child. But it covers hundred and hundred of miles. From our snowy mountains in the east to the vast western plains, thousands upon thousands live a peaceful and simple life. There, things such as wars, diseases, thirsts or hungers are rare and always quickly solved through solidarity. We are building our own Eden, like you are. But we've been doing so for centuries, now."

He waved a hand to show the hall.
    "-But like your company, it has been only two generations since the clergy reached its actual level of power. From a mere organization, we've become a nation. But we want to be more than that. We want to become an ideal for every man and woman, whatever their race is. And that's why I am here, lady Regenisis. We will help to transform the Ebony Hills into a Eden. And all we're asking in exchange is for its inhabitants, or at least its leaders, to follow the True Faith's philosophy. Peace, Justice, Solidarity, Courage... Those are only some of the words which could resume it but I think they are enough for you to answer my question :"
    He marked a short pause before speaking slowly.
    "-Will the Doctor accept our conditions ?"

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Regenisis shrugs "I doubt it. As a organization we have but one goal, and that is profit. I am sure you may find a few converts here, and I am sure the Doctor will accept anything you have to improve the land, but know this"

she raises a single finger, its nail long and painted black "Peace is the word for the time between wars. Justice is harshly used, to maintain balance, Courage means nothing if you die alone, and we already have Solidarity. I apologize if this is not what you want to here, but we are a business."

Her face adopts a far off look, like she unfocuses "Maybe in a world with no war" but then her mind reasserts herself to the present "But until then we will be here to profit from it and its industries"

A look of mild pain crosses her face at the last words and she rubs her head before it resumes its normal calm exterior.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ettin in the Playground

Reynard Twins

Rhysanon nodded. "Very well. I will go and speak with the Talin Gythaint, though it may be some time before you may speak. Meanwhile, feel free to share our fire and our food - we'll look after you. Isn't that right, Dojan?" Dojan mutters something violent under his breath, but Rhysanon simply smiles at him and gets up, walking into the trees.

Raid gone wrong

Lethan snorted. "I want for this to end. We will leave you alone - you will let us leave. In addition, we require weregeld for Woryl and Karz."

In Kelawen

Ranoth and Moran nimbly leaped onto one of the strange buildings - like kobold houses, but above the ground instead of inside it. How difficult it must have been to make them.

"Where do you think the Chieftain's dwelling is?" Moran pointed to an ornate building. "There, I think. Let's take a look."

Meanwhile, Darkai was examining the watchtower from a hiding spot. "Interesting. Raithe?" "Looks like one of those "keeps" the kobolds build. Probably some kind of dwelling place - shall I go take a look?" "Yes." "You got it, Darkai! You come and bail me out if things get bad, my friend..."
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Reynard Twins

To all of you meeting Shadow Envoys
    Spoiler
    Show
    These guys are probably some of the best individual fighters of the Ebon Hills Group. Just warning ya'll if you don't like 'em to be careful of what you say

"I thank thee" the envoy said "My name is Lucius"
    Last edited by Greystone; 2009-01-18 at 03:50 PM.

- SurlySeraph

7. - Top - End - #157
    Bugbear in the Playground

Raids Mysteriously End

A few weeks after the night time raids randomly begun, they suddenly appear to have died out almost overnight. To the surface regions affected it is like waking up from a nightmare but the tragic aftermath is still there. Many villages and farms are burnt to the ground and lifeless corpses continue to roam the countryside as a warning to those who journey too close to the mountains.

In the City of Shadows the returning raiders are welcomed home as heros for striking a bloody blow to the wicked surface dwellers. The raiding season had come to an end, the few weeks of terror would give way to months of quiet. It had been this way for centuries so as not to arouse too much suspicioun. The violence would be attributed to goblins and the surfacers would soon forget it had ever occured, that is until next season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

8. - Top - End - #158

Agakaan
    Mercenary Business

"I see."

Barak motioned for yet another contract, and rewrote the entire thing before crumpling up the first draft.

Terms of Contracture Between Ironhold Trading and the Ebon Hills Mercenary Company

Henceforth, all mentions of 'Ironhold Trading' refer to Ironhold Trading Company in all shapes and forms. All mentions of 'Ebon Hills' refer to the body generally understood to be known as the Black Diamond Mercenary Company in all its shapes and forms, including the Ebon Hills Mercenary Company.

All dealings between Ironhold Trading and Ebon Hills, inclusive of all dealings under aliases of both parties, are subject to the following regulations:

1. The Ebon Hills will not disclose or attempt to disclose the identity of Ironhold Trading or its representatives in any way, shape or form except to the elf known as Julius Vec or a duly appointed representative of Julius Vec, subject to approval by Ironhold Trading.

2. All dealings between Ironhold Trading and the Ebon Hills will be conducted strictly between a representative of Ironhold Trading and either Julius Vec or his duly appointed representative, subject to approval by Ironhold Trading. All such dealings are confidential, and only employees of Ebon Hills directly involved with said dealings or the results of any such dealings may be informed of aforementioned dealings. Dealings, in the context of this document, refers to any and all agreements and contracts made between Ironhold Trading and Ebon Hills, subject to specific exemption by mutual agreement. The contents of this document are not subject to this regulation, however, all other regulations apply.

3. Ironhold Trading hereby acknowledges the Preferential Buyer status of Ebon Hills, and agrees to provide weaponry to Ebon Hills as detailed in the Ironhold Trading Preferential Buyer Charter. In addition, Ironhold Trading will provide a discount of Five Per Cent on all arms purchased from Ironhold Trading.

4. Violation of any of the aforementioned terms is grounds for the termination of any contract currently active with the Ebon Hills, at the discretion of Ironhold Trading. Termination of a contract consititutes the immediate rendering null and void of the contract following the settling of outstanding debts. Any employee of Ebon Hills attempting to claim on a previously terminated contract is subject to summary execution and confiscation of personal belongings in order to recoup costs incurred on the behalf of Ironhold Trading. No further payment will ever be owed to Ebon Hills as a result of such termination and confiscation. No employee of Ironhold Trading carrying out such an execution and confiscation may be held accountable by Ebon Hills in any way, shape or form.
    "Is that acceptable?"

Raid gone Wrong

"No. No weregeld for self-defence." replied Small-Ear, very clearly. "If you and the one on the roof leave now, we will let your friend go. Otherwise, we will have to pay weregeld for her."

Spreading the Faith

"Ah, you want the Mayor, then. Second door on the right."

The missionaries were sent to a door with a brass 'Mayor Longtooth' nailed to the front. Inside, was a gremlin dressed somewhat nicer than the receptionist out the front. He appeared to be in the midst of reading a report when the Cardinal entered.

"Ah, come in, come in. What can I do for you gentlemen today?"
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2009-01-18 at 06:07 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Mercenary Business

Julius took the other, crumpled Contract and tucked it away in a bow "I shall have that contract vetoed at once" he said smiling and signed the new contract "Much better, thank you...is that all?"

- SurlySeraph

10. - Top - End - #160

Agakaan
    Mercenary Business

Baruk shook his head. "I believe we're almost done."

"We will have an office set up here within the next month, give or take, and begin paying bounties at our local office a week afterwards. Obviously, in order to pay you, we have to be able to ascertain that a given head is that of a Veiian. As such, we request that you bring in whole bodies where possible, to assist in the swift and timely identification of agreed-upon targets of our first contract. Obviously, we would need more proof to verify mages, and especially to verify important figures. Submission of valuable or otherwise important personal effects of such individuals will be necessary. Bodies claimed should be submitted within 3 days or preserved with magic in order for our employees to quickly and accurately process your claims. Bodies delivered in a state of decay will be subject to a 10 gold piece examination fee, in addition to the standard 5 gold piece administration and disposal fee. Allow at least 24 hours per fifty bodies for examination before payment. Orders placed with our arms department require a minimum of four weeks notice plus one week for every dozen weapons being ordered, and orders given with a deadline sooner than that will be subject to a 10% surcharge for resources expended in a rush order. We cannot guarantee orders with a deadline less than standard will arrive on schedule, though we will make every effort to deliver it on time."

Barak rattled off what sounded like a slightly modified boilerplate to suit the contract, before pausing, and saying one thing more.

"That being said, do you wish to appoint a proxy now, or will you be handing deliveries personally?"
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2009-01-18 at 06:37 PM.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Mercenary Business

Julius shrugged "For regular Veiins, we shall bring heads, since full bodies are timely and costly to transport, aka not worthy of your bounty, but we shall bring as much of the mages as possible"

The elf leaned in "My Proxy will be the Lady Regenisis, as she will be the one to kill and give you her dead enemies. Any notable items will be ordered to be given to you, though I have met a couple of Veiins and they seem to draw magic from themselves more than items"

- SurlySeraph

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Faith must spread : Johara

The Cardinal entered the room.
    "-Good day, Mayor. And may the Light be with you. I am Cardinal Kulius, adept of the True Faith Clergy, who is ruling the Rivanian Theocracy, a land not so far away from here. You might have heard of it through traders maybe..."
    Though Kulius doubted that any goblin would have been welcomed as "trader" in Rivan or any of its vassal cities.

"-Me and my brothers are here to deliver a message of peace. From where we come from, men and women are working together to build a Eden. A land where anyone would live in peace an harmony, without needs to worry about the future."

He advanced toward the Mayor and then speak like if he was reading a very familiar text.
    "-This might look like a dream but it's a dream we want to share with the rest of the world. The Rivanian Theocracy is ready to offer its support in whatever way you may need it. The only thing we ask is for you to govern your people according to the True Faith's philosophy. Peace, Justice, Solidarity, Courage... Those are only some of the words which could resume it but I think they are enough for you to answer my question :
    Are you ready to accept these terms and harvest the limitless benefits of an alliance with us ?"

The archdeacon of the Shield advanced to join the discussion.
    "-Or would you rather shun the Light ? For once we find goblins who aren't trying to kill us, it would be a shame to..."
    "-Casius !! Enough !! Sorry about that, Mayor. Casius is young and does not understand its place."
    Last edited by Johel; 2009-01-18 at 06:54 PM.

13. - Top - End - #163

Agakaan
    Mercenary Business

"Very well. We look forward to doing business with you in future."

Barak signed off on the confidentiality agreement, and shook Julius' hand before leaving.

The Delivery

While it was far from anything resembling a headquarters, the local office of Ironhold Trading was far from just a 'local office'.

It was almost a small warehouse, complete with a large gate to allow carts and wagons in.

A guard waved the carts in, and motioned for Regenisis to head into the office.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

The Delivery

Regenisis dismounted and walked into the warehouse with a slight swagger, the cart coming behind her, but stopping inside the compound. Four warforged guarded it.

The Simalcrum walked into the office.

- SurlySeraph

15. - Top - End - #165

Agakaan
    Mayor vs Missionary

Mayor Longtooth looked at the archdeacon. "Could you please ask him to step outside and wait in the lobby? I do not wish for this to have to become a guarded meeting."

He waited for the Archdeacon to leave before speaking again.

"Take a seat. I usually don't get a whole group of missionaries coming in, so I only have two seats. I'll have some more brought in."

He opened a tube on his desk.

"Sprocket, could you bring in, oh, a dozen chairs or so? Thanks."

Then he turned back to the Cardinal.

"Pleased to meet you, Cardinal Kulius. I'm afraid I have to tell you now, that as leader of this city, I am required by law to be completely secular - at least, as far as being a member of a religion goes."

"Before we talk about an alliance, I have a few questions about your faith. Tell me more about the philosophy of the 'True Faith'. Peace, Justice, Solidarity and Courage are all things that most nations have - and, judging by your friend Casius, we have at least as much peace as Rivan. I'd like to know more about your philosophy, beyond broad concepts such as that."

Delivery

A gremlin sat behind a large counter, busy at work with something, when the Simulacrum entered. There were a couple of guards standing at the doors to the back of the office, and another two posted at the front door. An automatic piano in the corner played soft, somewhat quaint music.

"Yes? Ah, you're here for the bounty. Unfortunately, contractual policy requires us to deal with either Julius Vec or the Lady Regenisis herself in these matters. Please send her in."

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Mercenary Business

Regenisis blinks, then smirks "I am the Lady Regenisis, though it is not often I am called that."

With that she removes her black helmet.

Her armor is masterful work. Though appearing to be plate mail, it has a lot more flexibility worked into the design.

The helmet is that of a harlequins masque. One side white, the other black, with a smooth back.

- SurlySeraph

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

*Ugh.. I"m sorry, I have to drop out of this.*

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Mayor vs Missionary

Kurius sat and gestured for most of the adepts to stay outside. The archdeacons, Casius excepted, would remain inside, though, as well as a few adepts of the Cloud and Dove, as they were the more suited to explain the philosophy of the True Light, should the Cardinal need help.

The old man produced a small book.
    "-Don't worry, I'll explain to you. But here is a little gift which should help you understand the true depth of the Faith, when we won't be here.

He took a deep breath.
    "-The Light is in each of us. It works for a world without envy, greed, jealousy, anger and vanity. Those are the basic moral tenants. If the individuals don't know these feelings or at least don't experience them too often and too strongly, it will be a good start. All of this can be achieve only if the leaders are fair, generous and strong.

Fair in the way they'll pass laws and make justice. You will have to make everything in your power for the truth and common sense to rule your nation, rather than power and wealth. Freedom of speech and thought are, of course, a necessity.

Generous in the way they'll spend their wealth at the service of their people. People must always have access to basic welfare : food, shelter, water, healing, education, security and all of this must constantly improve.

Strong when it comes to moral dilemmas. Even if reason shout to accept a deal with the devil, you shall not accept. Even if the short terms consequences are dreadful. The future of your people depends on this general attitude.

The Cardinal made a pause.
    "-So... This is the dream. If you can at least TRY to reach this, we will help you to do so. We will, of course, help you in other things as well, if you request it.

Spoiler
    Show

Loyal Good attitude, basically.
    Try to picture the work it will be to go from a Renaissance city-state to a modern Welfare state (think about actual Germany or Scandinavian countries), but without any political corruption.

And of course, if along the way, the Clergy is given some power, I won't spit on it Am I dreaming ?
    Last edited by Johel; 2009-01-18 at 08:03 PM.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

(Johel, will you answer Regenisis?)

- SurlySeraph

20. - Top - End - #170

Spoiler
    Show
    Hey, keep your welfare state out of my Renaissance City-State!

On the other hand, the full renaissance transition (as represented by the Eco&Art investment) will very likely call for a cathedral...

Agakaan
    Delivery

"Ah, welcome. Our sincere apologies, Lady Regenisis. Will you be checking in any bounties today?"

Spreading the Faith

The mayor listened carefully - or, if he wasn't, he was at least making an impressive show of it.

"It is quite the dream." he said, nodding. "I can't help but recall, though, that Federation Traders have never been allowed into Rivan. Why is that? Truth, and Common sense?"

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

Delivery

"Indeed" she gestured outside "I have over 98 heads for you to examine, and twelve bodies of Magi"

She placed a box on the table "Here are their insignia"

"If everything checks out that should be 4,410 gold pieces for the regulars, 5,400 for the mages"

- SurlySeraph

22. - Top - End - #172

Agakaan
    Delivery

The clerk nodded, and wrote something down on a clipboard.

{table]Items Received|Number|Payable|Total
    Veiians|98|45gp|4410gp
    Veiian Mages|12|380gp|4650gp
    Total|110| |9060gp
    Admin Fees|110|5gp|550gp[/table]

"Please sign here to acknowledge that you have dropped off the bounties. The administration fees are payable in full immediately, and we will be ready to issue payment for the bounty in three working days. Please be informed that any bodies deemed to be unidentifiable as Veiians cannot have a bounty paid for them, and bodies found with signs of decay will be subject to an additional 10 gold piece examination fee." rattled off the clerk - clearly a pre-written text.
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2009-01-18 at 08:56 PM.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

(oops sorry, Its only 4,560 for the mages...thought it was 450 for some reason)

"They have not begun to rot yet" Regenisis thought that heads dipped in a little embalming fluid would last long enough for an inspection "Though how you'll tell the difference is beyond me, they look like any human, a bit pale, but human"

"Take the money from the bounty"

- SurlySeraph

24. - Top - End - #174
    Barbarian in the Playground

Armalen Country-Side
    "Eh?Bag?"The old King seemed confused,and tilted his head to the side,then shrugged.

This 'That' seemed a bit off-skew, but the old king felt himself warming to the creature. Besides,it wasn't everyday the King managed to meet a foreigner that wasn't impaled on a spear or begging for his life.Ah, the old Days had been enjoyable....

He smashed that thought quickly,It would not do to start thinking like an old dodder after so long!

"Undying,you know. Unable to Die. Ever-living. That which does not fade"he said in explanation, and then knocked on his chest,which gave a rattle of old bones. If That peered closely, he'd notice the old King's chest neither rose nor fell, and that he had yet to blink once, nor(if his hearing were that keen),could he hear the old King's heart. A hundred years ago an assassin had carved it out hoping to kill the old Undead Monarch. He had gotten the heart,but the assassin had lost his own in the process. A fair trade, Mikael assumed.

The Dread Keep
    "Follow me then,Please"The Young Baron stood and ushered them out. A dizzying array of massive, impressive corridors, easily twice the width,and three times as high as those of the Ebon Hill's new home awaited them, though everywhere was beauty and art, the dark stones lightened in contrast by bright tapestries and works of art,s embedded,shining jewels. The Keep itself was a veritable Treasure trove! Any thoughts the pair might have entertained of theft were rendered moot by the amount of servants and guards that hustled across the thick,carpeted floors, and not one room or hallway they passed remained empty of servants, all of whom spoke to the Baron with easy familiarity.

The Baron led them to two doors cut of some fantastic stone, a swirl of colors like oil on water, with inlaid handles of gold. On either side massive, leering skeletons were embossed into the stone, kneeling in supplication to either side of the Doors, heads bowed and spears at the ready, each towering into the gloom of the upper walls.

"Her Majesty is in here"He opened hte door and gestured them in without following.

The room further in was quite large and spacious, and guards stood with easy nonchalance at the doors spaced evenly in a half circle opposite hte massive doors.

A guard beckoned them from the right,and they'd cross a massive diamond etching in the floor, the skeletal white-hand of Armalen laid on Obsidian-colored flooring.

This door was smaller,and made of a cheerful, new wood, and the room they stepped into was crowded with books and scrolls on every wall. It had the air of actual occupation, there was even an old,cold cup of Kaleya on one desk in the corner, and a delicate pair of the reading glasses the Armalen Nobility favored.

Seated in a large armchair that should have dwarfed her was the Queen of Armalen herself. She looked up as they entered, and waved a slender, skeletal right hand. Two servants in dakr livery immediately moved a desk nearby out of the way,and the two ambassadors were seated.

"Greetings. You must be the two Ebon Hills representatives. I trust your stay has been comfortable.."She said politely, though her eyes were terrifying in their intensity, as if the knowledge of centuries hid behind her young visage.

Abandoned Mine

The Old Dwarf blinked, then hastily searched his head to match the Old, rather backwards dialect some of the more 'feral' dwarves in his ancestry had taught him, and grumbled out.

"Ah, s'long as you're not one of those thrice-blasted,beady-eyed Buggers Brother"He said in the Old Tongue. They are Tr'a'g'rok'"

The old Dwarf spoke the last word like a curse, using the oldest, most heinous of dwarven descriptions. Literally,in Common, it translated to mean(roughly), "Mine-Stealer", but it's true meaning was much darker, from the times when dwarf would collapse the mine of another, to steal their wives and children and Gold. It was a word that was not used in normal conversation,for it had the note of War and Murder in it.

"Beware those that ride on Big Scaly Beasties Brother, for they have killed many of my friends and their children tonight"He grumbled and let the pickaxe lower slightly, a whispered murmur of common filling the mine tunnel as he relayed that they had not been caught by more killers...yet..

Fiske's Chambers
    "I am merely Lord Talvis's bodyguard, to see him safely into your keeping, however myself and my men shall enjoy your hospitality for the night before returning." The undead woman said calmly.

Talvis merely smiled a tad crookedly, his arms hanging to etiher side as if he were a puppet whose strings had been loosened, head cocked to one side as he listened, like a bird.

The two soldiers took up positions to either side of Aia, their still-helmed visages as unreadable as any warforged.

Armalen City(Commoner's sections)

Book was treated quite well by the guards, who merely poked and prodded at what he told them was not explosive(He was a gremlin, after all,and they faulted him not for it). They tallied everything up, seeming to pay more attention as to what he didn't bring than what he had!

"Thank ye kindly Sirra, this here is your 'chit."The soldier that still possessed flesh pressed a large Ruby the size of an apple into the gremlins hand, a hole bored in it holding a loop of twined,flexible metal wire that would tie to a belt or string.

"Keep it on ya when you go about the merchants' Squares, They'll give ye a booth if'n ya want it, and fer a small fee space to put yer Goods. lot cheaper than inn-stay anyways."The Guard said cheerfully, and the skeleton merely waved a stiff arm, escorting the gremlin and his Mule up through a smaller gate. It pointed up the road a bit,where banners and the general noises of a crowd of eager consumers drifted back towards him.
    "Fear Vs. Hope. Hardly an even match"

"That's because you think of hope as something light and fragile. My version of hope has calluses and dirt under her fingernails and isn't past bringing brass knuckles to a fight."

25. - Top - End - #175

Agakaan
    Delivery

"Company policy states that administration fees must be paid in full and in advance. If you do not have the money now, we will be happy to hold the bodies at no extra cost until you can produce it. Be aware that Ironhold Trading is not responsible for any damage incurred to the bodies while it is in our care."

The clerk tapped the clipboard.

"Ironhold Trading is not responsible for ensuring that submitted bodies are identifiable. If the head is unidentifiable, then it is the responsibility of the hunter to produce evidence that proves the head is of Veiian origin. Likewise, if it is not possible to identify that a claimed head is an arcane practitioner, the head will be considered not a mage. If you wish, our in-house cleric is able to perform definitive identification services for two hundred gold pieces and one day per body."

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

Delivery

Regenisis growled and pulled out a pouch. She placed it on the table "There is your fee"

"The insignia's were on all the mages, and they will serve as proof. As to Veiin Identity, my proof is the burnt settlement in the mountains. If you want that as proof, send someone out. Though my men had orders to at the very least burn the bodies...its cleaner than leaving them there"

"The mages bodies are as intact as possible, and I have them, in their robes and slashed finery"

Dread Keep

Aliiza gave a salute and Jeorge gave a low sweeping bow "Yes milady, it has been quite good" the Simalcrum said with a smile "I am Ambassador Jeorge and this is Colonel Aliiza"

Fiske's Chambers

"Ah" Fiske turned to the Lord in the Box "I greet you as well Lord, are we ready to discuss thing?"

- SurlySeraph

27. - Top - End - #177

Spoiler
    Show
    Screw it. Switching to Standard Olive for all Gremlins/Goblins

Agakaan
    Gremlin in Armalen

"Thank you." nodded Book, as they reached the end of the road. "Dunno if you've kept your mind through turning into a skeleton, but here's a tip for your trouble." He began to press a handful of small coins into the skeleton's hand, before thinking better of dropping coins into a skeletal hand and putting it in a small pouch first.

Book made a mental note to tell Agakaan Mercantile that Armalen customs was efficient and helpful, for when they set up a proper trade route.

He spent a week or so offloading his wares at one of the booths, before heading off towards the mining companies. There were a lot of things to buy in Armalen, but one thing in particular was of interest to the trading empires of Agakaan. The jewel mines, of course.

Delivery

The clerk took the pouch, and placed it behind the desk. "Be aware that Ironhold Trading is not responsible for ensuring exact change is given, and any excess above the billed amount will not be refunded. Any deficit discovered in the administration fees will result in bodies not being processed. Bodies of highest value will be excluded and disposed of without payment first in the event of a deficit in administration fees. Ironhold Trading is not responsible for informing you of such an eventuality, if and when it occurs."

The clerk paused to catch his breath.

"If it becomes necessary to fund an expedition to verify the identities of the bodies, we will inform you at the end of the preliminary examination period, and the cost of the expedition will be payable in advance. Under no circumstances will any fees incurred be refunded."

"If you have no further questions, please sign off for delivery and you will be given a receipt for your claim. Be aware that bounties must be claimed within forty-eight hours, or additional holding costs may be incurred."

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

Delivery
    "Believe me, its just enough"
    she paused "Funding your own expedition is not in my mandate, so if it'll be cheaper I'll just carry one of you to the site"

She turns "I'll be back in three days for my money"

- SurlySeraph

29. - Top - End - #179

Agakaan
    Delivery and Bureaucracy

The clerk signed off on the clipboard, and tore off a cheque-sized bit of it, holding it out to Regenisis.

"Your receipt, Ma'am. Please keep it safe. If you do not present the receipt upon claim of the bounty, we will not be able to guarantee we will be able to pay your bounty. Be aware that it is the responsibility of the client to ensure payment is exact, and it can be positively verified that the client has not removed any money from their payment."

"If there are no other questions..."

He filed away the document in a tray, and looked back down.

Spoiler
    Show
    Time to describe how exactly Ironhold Trading finds the bodies.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Delivery and Bureaucracy <- Bah!

"Very Well"

The heads are in chests, and are preserved slightly with embalming fluid. They look exactly like reports say Veiins would look like, down to the extremly pale skin.

The twelve mages are each rolled in canvas. When taken off it appears that each were killed violently, through slashing or bludgeoning. Each wear tattered robes or finery. With them come a insignia along with two small wands, though they are out of charges.

- SurlySeraph