||||||||||||||
    ||||||||||||||
    ||||||||||||||
    ||||||||||||||
    |||||||L|T||||||
    |||||||I|K||||||
    |||||||B|||||||
    [/table]

Same characters' positions, I assume? Roll initiative. For the sake of observers, please use the [roll] function.

Though you see nothing before you, you anticipate some dread threat awaits in this strange place.

You know nothing and can anticipate little, only that some faction you have angered has put forth great effort to see you dead.
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2009-01-16 at 06:34 PM.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Test Your Might 6

Liam - (1d20+16)[33]
    Traj - (1d20+21)[37]
    Keld - (1d20+12)[25]
    Issendir - (1d20+24)[42]
    Betty - (1d20+23)[29]

Also of note, Issendir is a Mindbender with 100' telepathy and Mind Sight, so anything invisible with an int greater than - comes up as a bright shiny light.

EDIT:
    Wow...Issendir got a 42 init...lulz, new world record?
    Last edited by Keld Denar; 2009-01-16 at 06:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

The giant, barely-visible glowy thing rolls.

Init - (d20+13)[25]

Wow. Still on lowest count.

Remember, only Issendir can see it at all.
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2009-01-16 at 06:38 PM.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Issendir - Says there is something ahead, brace for the usual, and delays

Traj - Does his +6d6 song thing again...

Liam - delays

Betty - Casts Haste

Keld - Activates Circlet of Rapid Casting as a swift action, using 2 charges to cast Recitation, granting +3 to hit, saves, and AC for all allies (all worship Pelor). Standard Action to cast Righteous Wrath of the Faithful, giving +3 moral to attack and damage rolls, which is effectively +2 hit and +3 dmg because base stats assume Hero's Feast, a +1 moral to hit.

Issendir - stops delaying, activates his Circlet of Rapid Casting as a swift action for 1 charge and casts Glitterdust on the point of light.

What do I see?

Knowledge Check - (1d20+30)[47]
    Applicable for Planes, Religion, Dungeoneering, Nature, and Arcana.
    DC is 10 + HD, and I get 1 trait below for each 5 points I beat the DC by.
    Checking for Special Vulnerabilities first, then DR, then Special Attacks, then Special Qualities, then anything else.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Issendir's going to need a caster level check.

All Knowledge skills reveal nothing pertinent. I could actually start lying to you by this point, that's how overboard those rolls were. You've stopped thinking horses and jumped straight to zebras.

"That's no zebra... it's a space station!"

...figuratively speaking.

Edit: Do I even want to know how you got a +30 at level 11?
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2009-01-16 at 06:54 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

CL Check - (1d20+12)[16]

Although I was under the impression that GD was SR:No. D20srd.org is blocked for me from work, so I can't check.

And what you said reminded me of something from the Robot Chicken Star Wars episode.

Yo momma is SOOO fat, Obi-Wan looked at her and said "that's no moon, that's yo momma!"

EDIT:
    14 ranks, +9 int gives +23. Collector of Stories skill trick from CScoundrel gives a +5 when identifying monsters, and his master work tool, called "John's First Baddie Book" gives another +2. All straight legal from the WotC books.
    Last edited by Keld Denar; 2009-01-16 at 07:02 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

You are correct. My apologies.

Lucky for you.

You see a very tall, roughly humanoid shape without discernible features. It is sparkly and extremely blurry.
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2009-01-16 at 07:04 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Will save DC 21 please. Fail means you are blinded.

What do I get with my check?

Which Knowledge did I use to ID it?

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Will save - (d20+30)[41]

I told you, none of those helped you. All you get is conjecture about whether it's a celestial of some sort or a positive-energy powered undead, or perhaps a being from the Elemental Plane of Air.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by afroakuma View Post
    [roll0]
    Holy **** me!

Err...hmmmm, part of me is saying Fog it and teleport the hell outa here...But, since they is no emotional attachment to the character, lez do this.

Issindir uses his standard cast Heroics on Liam, granting him the feat Improved Critical (Urgrosh).

Liam delays until after it goes.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, sorry, I'm still organizing my buffs. That should have been higher.

The enemy vanishes. Got any response before it takes its action?

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Why does it vanish? Keld can sense all spells being cast within 120', even those without actions or components. If it was a Spell or Spell-like, Keld knows it. The spell is Battlemagic Perception, from Hero's of Battle if you want to look it up, or I can cite it. If its (SU) though, we are pretty boned.

And the thing has more than 37 HD? Seriously?
    Last edited by Keld Denar; 2009-01-16 at 07:38 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

I see.

Very well, a spell effect erupts from its position, and it vanishes.

Do I owe Keld the name of said spell, or its school, or any such thing?

Edit: No, it doesn't have more than 38 HD. Those Knowledge skills were merely useless.
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2009-01-16 at 07:41 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

If its a spell, I get to make a spellcraft roll to ID it as its being cast as outlined in the PHB. I believe the DC is 15+spell level. I can also opt to counter spell it as a free action if I know the appropriate counter, but that ends Battlemagic Perception.

Spellcraft - (1d20+16)[20]

What is it?

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

You just survived.

It is teleport.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

OK, don't choose to try to counter the teleport. What now? Its gone, and we are still sitting here...

Thats not it, is it?

Edit: Sorry for the long delay, I'm casting Smite Noob on that shield bash guy. He's got an ability called Aura of Density, which increases the casting time of all smiting spells by a factor of 10. He just doesn't understand that at any level past 2, the difference between 1d8 and 2d6 for base weapon damage doesn't matter hardly at all. Hell, Liam is using a 1d8 weapon, and he doesn't have any problem getting his point across. Get it? Urgrosh's have points? he he he he
    Last edited by Keld Denar; 2009-01-16 at 07:52 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Well, it's no longer where it was.

Do you all pass? Or what do you do?

EDIT: Uh... did that belong in this thread or some other one?
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2009-01-16 at 07:55 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Liam passes the turn, if its not gonna show up.

Next turn, top of the order:

Keld casts Mass Shield of Faith with Divine Spell Power.
    DSP - (1d20+12)[23]
    Thats CL+4. giving him a CL of 15, high enough for +4 SoF.

Issendir cast See Invisible

Keld delays

Traj delays

Betty delays

EDIT:
    And yea, that was ment to be posted here. I didn't notice you had posted because I was buying typing up a smiting post in another tab that would be obvious enough that MAYBE he'll get the point, without getting reported...lol.
    Last edited by Keld Denar; 2009-01-16 at 08:02 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

One can only hope.

Alrighty: any of your folks protected from flat-footedness even if they can't see where the attack comes from?

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

The 2 in front have Uncanny Dodge, and are thus protected from being denied their dex. Only Traj has Imp Uncanny Dodge, so he can only be SAed by a flanking 12th level rogue or higher, IIRC, since his warblade level is 7 and you need to be 5 levels higher. None of the 3 casters have anything to help out.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Then Issendir gets to know the lovely feeling of arrows. (It was going to be him anyway, I just didn't want another nasty surprise.)

Attack - (d20+33)[35]
    Attack - (d20+33)[48]
    Attack - (d20+28)[45]
    Attack - (d20+23)[30]
    Attack - (d20+18)[34]

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

What bloody shoddy rolls.

I always thought that thread read "Shield of Bashing the OP" ...apparently with good and deserved reason.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Well, looks like they all hit, so here's their damage rolls.

Let me know if the above presumption is incorrect.

Damage - (d10+10)[14] and 1 Con damage
    Damage - (d10+10)[20] and 1 Con damage
    Damage - (d10+10)[11] and 1 Con damage
    Damage - (d10+10)[19] and 1 Con damage
    Damage - (d10+10)[12] and 1 Con damage

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Issendir casts Greater Mirror Image as an immediate action, but I can't seem to find it. I just checked Complete Mage and Spell Compendium, but I can't find it. Gah, where did I leave that spell?

Found it, PHBII, give me a sec....
    Last edited by Keld Denar; 2009-01-16 at 08:29 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

PHB 2, so it should be in the SC...

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

It says "See Mirror Image", which I think is 1d4+ 1/3 CL

So, here's my 1d4+4 roll
    Images - (1d4+4)[6]

Ok, so there are 7 of us to hit (me +6 images), do a roll 1d7, and I'll be 1. Every hit kills an image.

Unfortunately, you need to do a lot of rolls...le sigh.
    Last edited by Keld Denar; 2009-01-16 at 08:32 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

That's correct.

Alrighty, I'll roll randomly for hits on the real wizard. 1's hit the real deal, okay?

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Mirror Image hit - (1d6)[2]
    Mirror Image hit - (1d6)[3]
    Mirror Image hit - (1d6)[6]
    Mirror Image hit - (1d6)[1]
    Mirror Image hit - (1d6)[2]

d7s, right.
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2009-01-16 at 08:34 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

[roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]

"Did I get him?"

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Stupid picky function tag...

(d7)[5]
    (d7)[1]
    (d7)[3]
    (d7)[5]
    (d7)[2]

There. That's the 20 damage + 1 Con one.
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2009-01-16 at 08:37 PM.