New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Test Your Might 6

Well, its screwed up, because unless you are doing a Multishot, you shoot 1 at a time, decreasing the die size and increasing the chance for an actual hit...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

I ad hoc'd that between the distance, the haste and the Multishot, there wasn't time for it to observe the distance before going at it again.

If you'd prefer a greater risk of being stapled, then by all means...
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

K, damage taken, 20 + 1 con. 4 images pop.

BTW, Manyshot can only be done at a range of 30' or less, unless you got something that augements this. Also, can I determine from which direction the arrows come?

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Rapid Shot, on the other hand, can be done from whatever distance.

And yes; the arrows came down in a hail. Look up. Straaaaight up.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Hmmmm, crap. So, my turn?

Keld casts Obscuring Mists and 5' steps left or right, I forget which side he's on.

Issendir take a 5' step the other way from Keld and casts fly on Liam. Oh, and he regens a mirror image, up to 3.

Liam stows his Urgrosh (move), grabs Liam (standard), and 5' steps vertically (flying) and away from the middle of the group diagonally.

Traj 5' steps 5' forward.

Betty 5' steps backwards.

BTW, dinner in about 30 minutes, then I gotta catch a bus back to my camp. So, from 5:30 to about 6:30 Alaska time, I'll be gone.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

He's about 225 ft. above you, and his invisibility has broken. Roughly 9 ft. tall, dressed all in black under the sparkly dust, with a billowing cloak. In his gloved hands he holds a massive longbow.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Gap time's good for me; there was something I'd wanted to go do shortly.

Question: Liam grabs Liam?

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Can you check the fly speed on Fly for a light load? I'm like, 90% sure its 60', but lemme know.

EDIT: Crap, Liam grabs Issendir, not himself. The dwarven masturbation scene comes later.
    Last edited by Keld Denar; 2009-01-16 at 09:00 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

60 ft. is correct.

My turn?

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Yea, your turn. Remember, Obscuring Mist means no targeting from more than 5' away.

YAY FOG!

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

The foe seems to shrug, pulls an object out from under its cloak, and is suddenly covered in a sphere of pitch-black, which begins to grow and come towards you. Also, inertia moves him upwards another 5 ft.

Two can play at that game.

(that's darkness to you. On a side note, how are you enjoying the mystery? The thrill of the unexpected?)
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2009-01-16 at 09:11 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Your go, btw.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Its...Mindblowing. Now for a dirty trick I learned LONG ago.

Liam grabs Keld in his other hand, his str is high enough he can manage, Keld is only in light armor.

Issendir casts Teleport, porting him, Liam, and Keld 250' straight up. Since Liam is holding both and flying, neither fall.

Betty and Traj delay.

Now, Issendir still has a swift action left, and Keld hasn't acted.

Is the creature flying using any type of wings? The answer to this tells me how I'm gonna finish acting.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Nope. Nothing of the sort.

Of course you realize, now I'm curious.

By the way, if that was a straight teleport, then the wizard couldn't see where he was going at the time; "viewed once?"
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2009-01-16 at 09:24 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Drat, that must mean magical or SU flight. Well, lets try magical first....

Keld casts a targeted Greater Dispel Magic with Divine Spell Power.
    DSP - (1d20+12)[17]

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Its flight doesn't stop.

Again, how about that there teleport?

Do I get to throw you wildly off course?
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2009-01-16 at 09:27 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

CL+3, great

1 Aura GDM - (1d20+18)[19]
    2 Aura GDM - (1d20+18)[31]
    3 Aura GDM - (1d20+18)[33]
    4 Aura GDM - (1d20+18)[28]
    5 Aura GDM - (1d20+18)[34]
    6 Aura GDM - (1d20+18)[38]
    7 Aura GDM - (1d20+18)[25]
    8 Aura GDM - (1d20+18)[28]
    9 Aura GDM - (1d20+18)[29]
    10 Aura GDM - (1d20+18)[25]
    11 Aura GDM - (1d20+18)[34]
    12 Aura GDM - (1d20+18)[28]
    13 Aura GDM - (1d20+18)[30]
    14 Aura GDM - (1d20+18)[31]
    15 Aura GDM - (1d20+18)[23]
    16 Aura GDM - (1d20+18)[33]
    17 Aura GDM - (1d20+18)[35]
    18 Aura GDM - (1d20+18)[27]
    19 Aura GDM - (1d20+18)[31]
    20 Aura GDM - (1d20+18)[29]

I really hope he doesn't have more than 20 spells cast on him. Go down the list, top to bottom, and tell me what gets dispelled. The DC I'm aiming at is 11 + CL, and any items he may have that are giving non-continuous buffs are probably at min CL.

I need to see how this resolves before I continue.

EDIT: See this? This is me praying he doesn't have SU flight...PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF PELOR!
    Last edited by Keld Denar; 2009-01-16 at 09:29 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

The enemy reaches forward with its free right hand and mutters something.

Nothing happens to anyone.

Now that that's been foiled, what's next?
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2009-01-16 at 09:38 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Still flying?

And what did it do, remember the Battle Magic Perception? And technically it was still my turn.

Plus, which spells DID I strip off?

EDIT: Dinner, be back in less than an hour.
    Last edited by Keld Denar; 2009-01-16 at 09:42 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

The thing I love about immediate and free actions is that they often screw the other guy.

And Battle Magic told you nothing. Which means it was Su.

Does either dispel or BMP actually tell you what spells fail?

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

ok, back from dinner. Mmmmm burger.

So, Issendir still has his swift action left. He taps his Circlet of Rapid casting for the last 2 charges and casts Solid Fog, centered on the creature. No save, no SR.

Traj delays

Betty delays

That concludes my actions during the teleport round. Its turn. It can't Finger or whatever it did, because it no longer has LoEffect.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Alright. Can Issendir or anyone else see through solid fog?

Edit: darn shame you did that. What he was going to do next would have been hilariously epic.
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2009-01-16 at 10:42 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Nope, there isn't an ability printed in the game that can "see" through a Solid Fog, but Issendir has Mindsight, and so he can sense its presence through the fog...

The SF is centered on the bottom corner of the "box" that the thing takes up that is closes to my characters. He can only move 5' per action through the fog.

BTW, what size catagory is it? I was initially thinking large, but then I remember that it only took up one square.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

It's Large, but it's a tall Large.

Where's Mindsight from? I want to play this right.

...knew I should have taken Insensible...

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Lords of Madness. Its kind of an Illithid thing, but nothing about it requires you to be the bastard offspring of an octopus and a corpse. Just requires Telepathy, which a Mindbender gets at level 1.

I don't think Insensable would work, though, since its not Scent, Tremor Sense, or Blind Sense, which are typically the ones blocked by stuff like that.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

A) You don't know what Insensible is.

B) It hides you from every sense. That psionic one that works via touch can't find you.

C) I can't find this feat...

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Look in the section on Illithids, its been a long time since I went through LoM, since I don't normally run Aberations in my games. I just remember that feat because its sooooo golden.

Found it, pg 126
    Last edited by Keld Denar; 2009-01-16 at 11:09 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

It was in Tsochar...

oddly enough, I think this opponent should be able to hide from that. However, I won't quibble.

The foe is no longer in the fog. Your turn.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

Liam will fly down at 180 speed (60 +30 haste x2 for flying downward) ready to stop if Issendir senses it. Does anything blip on the radar yet? Or does he get to the ground with a double move? If so, we go back to hiding. I'm assuming it was another Teleport, Keld still has BMP up.

PS, COME DOWN AND FIGHT LIKE A MAN..LIKE...THING...WHATEVER!!!! RAWR!

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

No blips, no. The three of you can make Spot checks, however.

180 is still above the fog. To be specific, 255 - 180 = 75 ft. above the obscuring mist.

Yes, it was teleport.

Anything else before it bugs you again?
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2009-01-16 at 11:25 PM.