New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Test Your Might 6

No, not the fly spell. I'm talking about an (ex) fly speed. Should be in the DMG. If I can get my Hummingbirds to fly-run, that nets me an extra 120' movement, more than enough to get Liam into charging range....go go go!

And if its:

X|0|F|F|F|F|0|P|0|0|0|L

in 2D along the ground. and

P|0|F|F|F|F|0|0|0|X

in 2D vertically, with left being the ground and right being up in the air.

3D combat is messed up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY!

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Oh; then yes, you can definitely do that.

Sorry; didn't think.

Running is permitted in a straight line.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, so Issendir's Hummingbird "runs" 120' straight up, get BTed with Betty's hummingbird, which "runs" 120' staight up, and gets BTed with Liam. Liam charges! RAWR!

Edit, still wielding the bow?
    Last edited by Keld Denar; 2009-01-17 at 03:06 PM.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Nope. Bow's gone.

Edit: That bloody BMP. What is the range of detection on it, since I don't have that book and they didn't see fit to reprint it?
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2009-01-17 at 03:22 PM.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

But but but...he was just shooting with it? And you can't use Quickdraw to stow a weapon? I'm confused....RAWR!!!!

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

What's the range of BMP's detection?

Ugh... I am hating that bloody spell. No wonder they didn't put it in the Compendium.
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2009-01-17 at 03:25 PM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

Hero's of Battle, pg. 125

<snip> sense the use of any spell or spell-like ability within 100 feet, so long as you have line of effect to the caster. <snip>

So, Keld can't ID spells from down there, since hes 230' down. Liam is charging. Let me just clarify, its not holding any weapons or similar equipment? Remember, Liam has TS running.

EDIT: And thats the ONLY good spell from that book. The rest of it is completely retarded. I mean, seriously, Animate Siege Weapon (replacing a crew of 3-4 guys) is a 7th level freakin cleric spell. GREATER RESTORATION is a 7th level cleric spell. Or Avoidance, or HOLY WORD! All of which would have a much bigger effect than animating a single siege weapon. Retardededededed.
    Last edited by Keld Denar; 2009-01-17 at 03:35 PM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Ah. You're right; that will let you see something you won't want to.

Its bow is in its left hand, and a massive battleaxe is in its right.

Enjoy!

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, finishing the charge, then Raging, then with 2 points of PA, attacking the thing.

Primary - (1d20+26)[46] Dmg - (1d8+30)[34]DFI - (6d6)[21]
    Flurry - (1d20+26)[42] Dmg - (1d8+30)[33]DFI - (6d6)[17]
    Haste - (1d20+26)[39] Dmg - (1d8+30)[35]DFI - (6d6)[23]
    Secondary - (1d20+21)[25] Dmg - (1d8+30)[32]DFI - (6d6)[16]
    Tertiary - (1d20+16)[17] Dmg - (1d8+30)[32]DFI - (6d6)[18]

/pray

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

Confirming Primary

[roll0]

Stupid 60 second post cooldown...
    Last edited by Keld Denar; 2009-01-17 at 03:41 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Attempting to confirm again...

Primary - (1d20+26)[33]

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

Alrighty, your primary hits, but not crit.
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2009-01-17 at 03:43 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

So that's 55 damage, all told.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Can I concede now? This thing has between a 43 and a 46 AC....Even fully buffed, I only hit on a 17ish +

lolsilly. Does it at least take the damage I delt? Its a Magic Adamantine weapon. Also, does the flaming go through from the DFI?

Edit: Lunch, BRB
    Last edited by Keld Denar; 2009-01-17 at 03:49 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

Are you sure you want to concede before seeing what it does next?

Yes, the flaming damage hit it. The rest was subdual. It has no DR.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

Crap, I forgot Raging, which adds another +2 to hit, and +4 damage. Does my 2nd hit of 44 connect?

And yes, all my characters except Traj have acted, and he's delaying indefinitely. That means you are up.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

No, it does not.

Alright, so additional 4 subdual. Gotcha.

...hmm...I may have made an error in that rounds table. Seems I required one more standard action before attacking than I had thought.

Of course, this battle is already full of errors anyway. Most due to your many ridiculous detection tactics.

You want me to try to rectify that, or shall we simply assume a second Search round (as we were going to) and proceed?

Also, how far away is Liam?
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2009-01-17 at 04:49 PM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

Liam is adjacent.

What did you change? There was an extra casting of Invisibility in there, wasn't there?

EDIT: And detection is KEY. You can't fight what you can't find, and you can't control what you can't locate. RAWR!
    Last edited by Keld Denar; 2009-01-17 at 04:53 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

Nope. It was a dismissal of an effect. The effect I used to lose the glitterdust, of course.

EDIT: Well, sure, but Liam shouldn't have been able to see him from the ground with true seeing, since it has a range of 120 ft.

EDIT the second: Actually, if we're going by a second invisibility hiding the sparkly dust particles, then everything's fine.
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2009-01-17 at 04:57 PM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

I don't think a 2nd casting of invisble will hide the particles from Glitterdust. I guess its your call though, since you are acting as DM. It just seems kind of contradictory to the purpose of GD.

And invis was broken by its attacks against Keld, which I twarted with my Fog. Unless it had Greater Invis up, then I'd have bigger problems than I thought.

PS, still your turn,

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, I'm aware.

No, I'd used a different tactic to lose the enemy particles. And no, it wasn't greater.

Anyhoo, my turn.

The enemy reaches out a hand and pushes lightly on Liam's chest.

Touch attack - (d20+26)[33]

If I hit him, I'll ask for a Will save (DC 28)

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

[roll=Gulp!]1d20+22[/quote]

Assuming its a spell, spell-like, or SU?

AND CRAP! I forgot my Favored Enemy: Arcanist and my +1d6 damage vs anything with spells or spell likes. Take die - (1d6)[3] extra damage, and does a 45 hit for my 2nd attack?

Sorry to do this....my ability to keep track of stuff is terribad.

Also, SUs and SPs provoke, I'm pretty sure, can I claim my AoO?

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

No punctuation in the [roll] command...lol

WILL SAVE - (1d20+22)[34]

I /fail at the forum roller....

actually, that's 4 points higher. 2 from Raging, and 2 from my increased CON, which adds to my will save from Steadfast Determination.
    Last edited by Keld Denar; 2009-01-17 at 05:22 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

*sigh* Take your AoO.

I attacked his weakest save. He has +20 in bonuses to Will?

Well, that's just no fun. If I'd known that, I wouldn't have bothered.

EDIT: Not even! I was thinking of another combat entirely. *sigh* I thought he had +6 to Will.

3 extra subdual damage, marked.
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2009-01-17 at 05:29 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

So, it has an AC of 46 exactly? 45 didn't hit?

AoO - (1d20+31)[35] Dmg - (1d8+38)[46]DFI - (7d6)[23]

That attack and damage should be correct.

And between Steadfast Determination, Occult Slayers good will save, and my dwarven and OS save bonuses, yea, my will save is beastly.

Yea, +26 will save melee dude...rockin out!

Blah, fail roll
    Last edited by Keld Denar; 2009-01-17 at 05:31 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I was thinking of a sheet from another combat, so I thought he had only a +6 with maybe a few buffs, which would have been doable. +26, if I'd known, I wouldn't have done it.

You missed.

And no, it doesn't have an AC of 46. You rolled a natural 20 on that hit.

It will rise 20 ft. as its move action.

EDIT: Guess the hilarious move from earlier wouldn't have worked; same trick.
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2009-01-17 at 05:39 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

So, it had 1 hand free to touch me, 1 hand is holding a bow, and 1 hand is holding an axe. Does it have 4 arms?

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

No, it was holding nothing in its hands, but Liam can see the bow and axe thanks to true seeing.

Sometimes, it's not as useful as one might hope.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

So, its holding the axe and bow? This is important...I'm scemeing. This is hard, and I want to make sure I have everything exactly right. With TS, do I see him holding the weapons or wearing the weapons, like, in a scabard or belt? AKA, is he armed and threatening after making that touch attack?

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

They seem to be adhering to his palms without visible means of support.

Of course, if he has IUS, then he'll be armed and threatening anyway, with a 10' reach. But I'm not saying that he does.