New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Orcs Unite!

1. - Top - End - #1
    Banned

Default Orcs Unite!

Orcs Unite!

Your kind faces extinction. Perhaps appropriate indiscriminate action need be taken?

---------------------------------
    Swallowing Night

Torches guide you to the grounds situated around what was described to you as Silvertooth ceremonial territory. A gruff voice hails you in orcish: It appears you've arrived. Finally.

You are told to walk a path. More torches guide you and you sigh impatiently as you continue your trek up foothills, and through ditches. For miles and miles you seem to travel until daybreak.

Daybreak

When you finally arrive, there are crowds of orcs making circles around bonfires that they've apparently kept burning all throughout the night. Beacons spreading their message to other tribes, perhaps? You can't assume.

You may have not seen so many hundreds of hooting, hearty warriors in all your life. So much cohesion! They greet you and you feel overjoyed, they punch your chest and laugh not in mockery. You greet them and share sympathy. As you look around, some are partaking in great feasts; ribs of some magnificent beast, sauce mixing with the deep pigmentation of orc children. But surely, this is not what you came for? Nonetheless, you enjoy it for what it is.

As you breath in the hot air, you look around. The ground is covered in ash from many past bonfires, you recognize. But over the hills in all directions is a splendid brilliant green, some of which seems almost groomed and smooth as the coat of a lamb. As you excuse yourself from the crowd and run to catch a greater glimpse of the scenery you notice small colorful plants decorating sparse regions in patches. A small tree, perhaps no larger than an ogre dots the landscape here and there. You may have not seen land this beautiful in your entire life.

What you do sincerely hope to see is this so called 'wise' orc who calls himself Narkhul Zulamein, however. Beyond the great fires lies many huts, some makeshift and temporary, some hewn from stone and even well endowed wood. Beyond that is a rather magnificent great hall, the tribal banner at the wide front entrance most likely en-grained with many rune-like embroidery that glow at odd angles amidst a deep red background and a reverse tooth like a mountain peak, splitting the barrier between the material plane and the abyss; it's base licked by hellfire. You cannot make out what lies beyond any further.
    Last edited by imp_fireball; 2009-01-17 at 02:35 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Orcs Unite!

Immeresed in the beautiful scenery, Kray'tak spends much time wandering through the environment, learning the paths and running through the forests. A solitary figure, he comes upon the great banner with sudden trepidation. Anxious, he reaches down to his side and sratches behind one of Karn's ears. The wolf, sleek and smoky gray, whines slightly at the hellish image.
    All glory to Vrythas in regards to my snazzy AD&D Game Master avatar.

Spoiler
    Show
    Reserve AD&D Game Master avatar by wxdruid

Oh star fall down on me
    Let me make a wish upon you
    Hold on, let me think
    Think of what I'm wishing for

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

An aged, more haggardly orc approaches a tall, young and lithe orc with a wolf whom idles near the Great Hall.

OOC: For Kray'tak
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I know what you'se be thinking," mutters a grizzled orc from behind Kray'tak, "It's not what ye think. It means Silvertooth is ready for anything. Even the abyss." He gestures wide with a tatooed arm, "It pierces the abyss see? Like a glacier. Now, I don't know what a glacier is but Narkhul told me. Says it's huge and it cuts across the land like a dagger. Good symbols, hm? Symbology? Haha!"

The orc's body is painted black in odd places. His eyes are yellow and murky and hair sticks out every which way. His clothes are unkept despite the beauty of everything else around you.
    Last edited by imp_fireball; 2009-01-17 at 07:06 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4

Nodding, slowly, Krey'tak examines the banner again, keeping this in mind. "Thanks you. Narkhul is indeed right. A glacier is ice, solid ice. Miles high. So heavy, that even though they move slower than the night sky, they cut through the land like a knife." Krey'tak looks again at the Orc. "What's your name?" He asks, his eyes piercing like a hawk's.

Spoiler
    Show

Oh star fall down on me
    Hold on, let me think

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Kur'tagh

After wandering through the camp for awhile Kur'tagh comes across a hunter that he had done battle with in his wanderings.

Hello Krey'tak, it's been awhile.
    He rumbles to the smaller orc.

6. - Top - End - #6

PaladinGuy

((OOC: All apologies on my end. Two questions? Was I selected to be able to play (I read that everyone who posted a sheet got in?!) and is my posting needed necessarily soon? I am currently quite busy...college, going to a dance with my gf tomorrow, preparing for my own campaign...eek. Life feels busy. If necessary, DMPC'ing Nibbis, the Kobold Sorcerer, is acceptable.))

7. - Top - End - #7
    Banned

An immense beast of vaguely bipedal proportions lumbers up to the lithe orc near the Great Hall. If the latter was tall, this especially hairy orc (you now realize that it fits the shape) is huge. Immense would be a difficult descriptor for such a creature, for its height reaches to be that of half the banner laid over the front entrance of the great hall. It gestures in a pattern you might recognize as being expressive of language and intelligence.

OOC: For Kur'tagh
    Spoiler
    Show

A grizzled orc whispers, or at least speaks in a voice un-suiting for one of your stature (you can barely hear it), to Kray'tak as you approach. The creature, a parent of your own heritage, shakes visibly as if stricken by frostbite when he glances your way. His face is sallow and sunken however, and you find it hard to tell precisely what his current emotion might be.

Spoiler
    Show

"Garn Lud'hai they called me once." He pauses and sighs, "Nobody considers me by that name much anymore though I s'pose.

Tradition, y'know, states y'know that I can't much be of use even as a scholar, even though I's thinking that I could." He holds up his wrist and flexes his hand as if it were self evident, "I was a scholar for a while though, you shoulda seen!" He frowns, "Can't remember much 'fore then, s'terrible. You gotta name there? What's your name? Why've you come here?"

When Kur'tagh arrives he utters a sound like a 'yulp!' and shrinks into the background.

OOC: Brom, please post in the OOC thread if you've got issues.
    Last edited by imp_fireball; 2009-01-17 at 10:02 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8

For the first time since he beheld this beautiful land, a smile lights up Kray'tak's face. "Kur'tagh, my old friend. It's good to see a familiar face." With a slight bow, he shows his respects to the massive fighter. Turning back to Lud'hai, the Orc introdues himself. "I am Kray'tak of Blackmire, hunter and wanderer."

Spoiler
    Show

Oh star fall down on me
    Hold on, let me think

9. - Top - End - #9
    Banned

The grizzled orc speaks to the lithe ranger, "Interestin' name. Fascinating really. Y'know I might've visited that region at one point. How I'd love to write about it and share it with others; all the more s'terrible that honor takes it from me." He gestures in a laconic fashion to the larger orc, "You two friends, are yah. Almost scared me to my grave. Why might've you come here?"

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

Kur'tagh

I have come because the chiftain here wants to unite the orcs in order to drive back the elves and humans. I would like to hear his plan.
    Kur'tagh rumbles slowly, needing to pause occasionally to choose his words.

Spoiler
    Show
    I've decided Kur'tagh will talk using normal words, albeit slowly, unless thhe gets overly excited in which case he'll revert to monosyllabic words until he calms down
    Last edited by sidhe_blooded; 2009-01-17 at 11:57 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11

DruidGuy

Urg

Taking in the scenery and the multitude of characters around him, Urg goes and visits as many different tribes he can hoping to make a few friends. Chippy running around the nearby area, having fun annoying the orcs all around him.

Urg approaches a big tribal flag and sees two rather interesting characters
    Chippy, they look nice! The big one and little one seem to be friends, maybe we should go talk to them?

He sees a small lithe orc who is appearing to talk with a massive mean looking monstrous orc of some kind. As he approaches Chippy leaps and glides toward the smaller orc and decides that he likes the little orc, and so the bigger one can't be too bad.

Hi there you two, do you already know eachother, or are you from the same clan??
    He says slowly with a dull smile on his face.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tarnak

Confused and a little annoyed, Tarnak takes in the spectacle before him. He had finally received a reply to the last letter he had sent for funding; he was rebuffed, but this wasn't out of the ordinary. He didn't remember the last time he had received the monies he had asked for - and despite his seal the orc tribe he had been scouting had begun to doubt his authenticity. The letter had contained further instructions, though, and these are what irked Tarnak.

While your reports may be accurate, the letter read, we still feel you do not have a firm grasp on the situation. Before we can send what you request you must live with an orcish tribe for a period of time, and most importantly fight with them side by side in battle. Only after you have had sufficient experience in this regard can we release any funds. To aid you in your goal we have set up a meeting with Narkhul Zulamein, an orc of some renown.

They're trying to kill me. Tarnak grumbled under his breath. He shook his head. No, they must be testing him. He had never proven himself outside of exercises, and they must think he was soft when the danger was real. They would try to stretch him to breaking, and were waiting for the point he would become fed up and return home. If he could endure this for just a while longer he could prove his worth and strength of character; if he left before he received word he'd only look as pitiful as they must think he was.

Stowing away his thoughts, Tarnak looked around to see if he could find this Narkhul the letter spoke of. Spotting a group of orcs by a massive structure (Perhaps their hall? It looked somewhat different then the last on he'd seen.), he began to head in their direction; one of them should know where the orc he needed to meet was.

13. - Top - End - #13

Krey'tak smiles at the newcomer's excitement. "We fought once. It was magnificent." He says, a wry, reptilian smile across his face. "I am Krey'tak, of the Blackmire." He says. He examines the newcomer, wondering about the Orc's combat prowess.

Spoiler
    Show

Oh star fall down on me
    Hold on, let me think

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

Kur'tagh

I am called Kur'tagh, and I come from the Whiteclaw tribe.
    Kur'tagh says, growling a little at the little creature buzzing around Krey'tak.

Spoiler
    Show
    what kind of animal is Chippy?

15. - Top - End - #15
    Banned

A grizzled orc who'd apparently been speaking to Kray'tak notes the arrival of the newcomers, "Somehow I got this feelin' you all came for what this clan warrior Kur'tagh came for; yes I remember the whiteclaw but only in written word." He mentions this last bit on the side, perhaps waiting for a reaction from Kur'tagh,
    "Y'know, Narkhul often makes his presence known when he wants to make it known. You'll know soon enough when he makes one of his speeches at length, y'know... say, I haven't an idea what'll occur on the green horizon. All I know's y'know, is that there's some more land out there. Silvertooth's been moving a lot recently. I myself am reaching the end of my days... you don't need my company though, don't yah? Perhaps you could communicate with one of the scholars at length?"

The old orc begins to ramble off names, "Now... there's Tar'met and Orom'ai. Orom'ai is a good friend of Tar'met, an ogre, a little small spoken rather then soft as it were, but most ogres are now aren't they, haha! Leng'hurst, J'hukam, Klay'golo... most are friends, most definitely. You'd have to meet them, I can't list them off by heart if you don't. Some of them are still probably scholars." The many tatooed orc mutters these last words.

A group of orcs suddenly make their way past the group into the great hall, strong and silent.

One of them growls, "Out of the way, old one." And the tatooed, grizzled orc dutifully steps aside.

Spoiler
    Show

It's become apparent that Garn truly is a retired member of his society. Particularly with how others appear to treat him.

-----------

Tarnak feels the heat of several orcs giving awkward, albeit non-hostile, stares towards him.
    Last edited by imp_fireball; 2009-01-18 at 02:00 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

Kur'tagh

Kur'tagh growls at the mention of his clan.
    My tribesman were slain by the elves, if this Narkhul's operation will let me battle the elven armies than I will gladly join his cause.

17. - Top - End - #17

Krey'tak takes a long look at the one known as Lud'hai. "...Garn, if I may, what is it that you do these days?" He asks, respectfully.

Spoiler
    Show

Oh star fall down on me
    Hold on, let me think

18. - Top - End - #18
    Banned

EDIT: Crap, ignore this post. Read below.
    Last edited by imp_fireball; 2009-01-18 at 02:14 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Banned

The old orc shakes involuntarily at Kurtagh's growl, "Narkhul has an aura about him, for sure. Just wait until he makes one of his speeches, y'know. It's not just nothing y'know, it's... it's information concession. You'll understand when he rouses the warriors of Silvertooth. He has a big reason for bringing all this carfuffle together, in fact, he's probably suspected for years, and only now he has managed to find an evident method of convincing all the clans to come together like this! Just wait, y'know?" His voices rises causing it to croak a little, involuntarily immersing his head in the apparent politics of the situation.

He pats Kur'tagh on the chest, apparently distilling himself and changing the subject with an inherent shakiness at addressing the beast orc, "Silvertooth tradition, while it concerns the survival of our species, has nothing on name formalities. Although I'm embarrassed to admit that I did not introduce myself. I'm Garn Lud'hai. What have you come here for?"

Garn, after kneeling himself a distance from the path to the Hall on the soft grass in the midst of his speech, looks to Kray'tak for support.

He appears as much offended as an elder can be when Kray'tak asks him what seems to him to be the ultimate QUESTION, despite the hunter's tone, "I used to be a scholar, just told you! Evidence enough?"
    Last edited by imp_fireball; 2009-01-18 at 02:30 AM.

20. - Top - End - #20

DruidGuy

URg

Urg listens attentively trying to understand everything that is being said. Chippy is still running around trying to get a rise out of everyone and Urg has to try and resist laughing at the other orcs getting angry. When the odd looking orc mentions Silvertooth something in his mind reminds him of something his father said. So close to remembering it, knowing it was important, a large orc to the side took a swipe at Chippy and Urg couldn't resist laughing at his feeble attempt to get rid of the annoyance. Silvertooth forget for the time....

(Check OOC thread for Chippy info)
    Last edited by LittleCarp04; 2009-01-18 at 12:04 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I didn't take a swipe at your pet (assuming you're talking about me.)

not to sound pissy, but why are you deciding how other characters are acting towards chippy? all I said was I growled at him.

22. - Top - End - #22

DruidGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Im not talkin about you, im talking about a random orc among the many around us, I would have said something specific if it were one of the PC's

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    ah, well I apologize then. shows what happens when I assume huh?

24. - Top - End - #24

Krey'tak responds with a deep voice, obviously angry, though not at Garn. "You claim that! Yet these Orcs treat you like you used to be a goblin! In my village, elders are treated with respect. If this is how Silvertooth treats them, then I'm not so sure this is the one to unite the tribes." He says. His brassy eyes follow the backs of the offending Orcs as they enter the main hall. A low rumble emits from Karn's throat.

Spoiler
    Show

Oh star fall down on me
    Hold on, let me think

25. - Top - End - #25

PaladinGuy

Nibbis, milling through the crowds, attempting to not get stepped on (with limited success), managed to regroup with his good friend and hunter, Krey'tak.

He comes in midsentence, hearing only, ''how Silvertooth treats them, then I'm not so sure this is the one to unite the tribes."

He steps onto the nearest point of elevation (hopefully a decent sized rock or something) and pokes Krey'tak on the way.

"What'd I miss, good friend?"

The blue-skinned Kobold carried himself with the same dignity and grace that he always did; he gave a toothy smile to all the rest.

"And who are your new friends? Can they be my friends, too?"

He waved energetically. "Nibbis! Nibbis the Kobold, at your service!"

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

A huge, hulking, filthy beast walks towards the group standing there. Half of the time he walks on all fours. He has an elongated snout, immense horns, and even bigger hands- though they could be called paws. He is, by all accounts, one of the most hideous creatures you've ever seen, and one would expect him to be malicious and cruel. Instead, there is a vacuous smile on his face, one of sheer bliss. He had been bounding about for some time, oblivious of others, but when he sees the group he almost has some kind of direction... but this is instantly eliminated when he sees the kobold. The thing squeals like a little girl finding a puppy- or as much as a huge, hideous creature like him could squeal like a little girl, and picks up the kobold by the tail, giggling all the while. "Small scale man look fun-ny. Dran like small scale man. Dran will take small scale man home and keep small scale man. Dran will love small scale man, and feed small scale man, and if small scale man bad Dran will eat small scale man. Small scale man friend." For a moment, Dran just stands there, looking at the kobold with a blissful smile.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

27. - Top - End - #27

PaladinGuy

Nibbis' first instinct was to scream and protest and shout and imperiously demand it let him go or that someone help him. Working with voliatile Orcs who hated being ordered by a Kobold had purged the concept of first instincts being good from his mind.

Then he listened; when he thought about it, the arrangement didn't seem so bad. The thing was offering to feed him and take care of him. He didn't know where the things home was, but it didn't seem smart, and Nibbis could convince a demigod of it's mortal status. The eating part was a little worrisome, but Nibbis was next to certain that the things mind would bend like a moldy cucumber under the power of enchantment that Nibbis had. It would be as easy as charming the thing and using his powers of charisma to order it to leave him be, despite it's own normal interests -- something he was *very* good at.

The charm spell died on his lips, and instead he smiled and waved goofily at the creature holding him. "You'll be Nibbis' friend? YAY! Nibbis be your friend too. Can I sit on your shoulders?"

Nibbis was internally grateful of his skill as a con. Hiding his moment of self-concern and mortal terror was easy for someone like him.

Spoiler
    Show
    I have a +18 to Bluff, so I'm just going to assume that my caracter is able enough to hide his initial reaction, especially when working with Orcs and knowing that breaking down is usually just asking for more abuse.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

Kur'tagh

Kur'tagh chuckles at seeing the little lizard flung about like a rag doll, and turns to the other over sized beastie in the group.

You're called is Dran I take it? I am called Kur'tagh.

29. - Top - End - #29

"And I am Krey'tak. It is an honor." Krey'tak says, concealing a slight chuckle as the huge beast slings Nibbis around.

Spoiler
    Show

Oh star fall down on me
    Hold on, let me think

30. - Top - End - #30

DruidGuy

Urg
    I Urg, nice to meet you all.

Urg is smiling openly at the situation with Nibbis "the funny lizardman" and Dran. Chippy seems exicted to meet the others also and scurries over and begins running all over them both.
    Last edited by LittleCarp04; 2009-01-18 at 07:54 PM.