New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Orcs Unite!

1. - Top - End - #61
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Orcs Unite!

Kur'tagh

Kur'tagh snarls at the hobgoblin as he berates the elder.
    Maybe I should teach the little goblin some manners.
    Last edited by sidhe_blooded; 2009-01-23 at 11:47 PM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

Krey'tak

Krey'tak speaks without turning his head. "He is just alone in unfamiliar lands, surrounded by potential enemies. I'm sure he's just on the knife's edge."
    All glory to Vrythas in regards to my snazzy AD&D Game Master avatar.

Spoiler
    Show
    Reserve AD&D Game Master avatar by wxdruid

Oh star fall down on me
    Let me make a wish upon you
    Hold on, let me think
    Think of what I'm wishing for

3. - Top - End - #63

PaladinGuy

Nibbis

The small Kobold, still shaken by his encounter with the...thing, decided that he would go and observe the disturbance.

Observation yielded quick insight: a Hobgoblin trying to pull rank. Nibbis pursed his reptilian lips; could there be something to gain in helping this one?

Nibbis moved subtly to the Hobgoblin's leg and tugged on him to get his attention. In a low whisper, he queried;

"What is it that you want, Hobgoblin? Perhaps...I can help you get it."

4. - Top - End - #64

DruidGuy

Urg
    We need to speak with the one to guide us, let us all settle our differences for now and try to meet our new friend!

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tarnak

Damn that orc! Age was no excuse as far as he was concerned; if it weren't for the assembled mass watching him he would have gladly gutted the old one where it stood. He was being toyed with and it irked him, and worse there was nothing he could do about it. Regardless, he had to keep some level of self control. It wouldn't do have have these primitives thinking they could manipulate his emotions that easily.

I'm done playing your games, old one. Save your nonsense and riddles for the striplings. Turning, Tarnak addressed those assembled; perhaps they knew of the orc he was looking for.

I am looking for the one you call Narkhul. Which among you can lead me to him - I tire of waiting and so far this one, Narkhul gestures in the direction of the elderly orc with which he was speaking, has deigned only to waste my time.

Feeling a tug at his leg, Tarnak glanced down and heard the little kobold. He thought for a moment. Clearly a slave, Tarnak had seen the abuse with which it had been treated earlier (Or was it jest? It was difficult to tell when dealing with orcs), and surmised that he might be able to use him as a tool against his captors. Speaking surreptitiously Tarnak replied Perhaps we can discuss my needs later small one, when there are fewer eyes upon us.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Banned

The old orc snorts in disgust, turning his head to avoid the gaze of the others.

"You waste your head, hobgoblin." He croaks, although you can barely hear him.

In the mildly awkward confusion, another voice materializes, "Another newcomer!" Garn surprises the likes of all of you. Hadn't this elder wandered off?

"I'm Garn Lud'hai," He nods affirmatively towards the hobgoblin, and then turns quickly once more, "And now that introductions n'all that've been made, are all of you appropriately prepared to follow me?" He rests his back at the side of the road again, waiting for a response.

ooc: Tarnak
    Spoiler
    Show

A new orc addresses you. Unmistakeably, he appears old as well, although more coherent perhaps.
    Last edited by imp_fireball; 2009-01-25 at 12:48 AM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Orc in the Playground

Kur'tagh

When the belligerent hobgoblin addresses the group and is again rude to the elder Kur'tagh moves over to him and leans down over him.
    Little goblin, if you speak to an elder or my friend in that way again I will rip off your leg, feed it to you and then beat you to death against the nearest tree. Perhaps you would like to re-word your request?
    He says in a low growl with a feral smile on his face.

8. - Top - End - #68

DruidGuy

Urg

The large one is right hobgoblin, although i have met few of your kind in my life you need to respect your elders or punishments worse than my friend can provide will be brought upon you.

Now we need to meet the one to guide us.

Urg says angrily as though his patience has ran out with the hostile hobgoblin, Chippy also is emitting a low growl that no one realized was coming from him.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tarnak

Tarnak sighed inwardly. It wasn't worth a fight with the orcs; not only would it not accomplish his goals, but he didn't like the odds. Time to throw a few baubles to the natives.

Turning towards the two hostile orcs, Tarnak spoke. [Bluff] I am just overtired from my journey here; after all, I am a stranger in a strange land. In the future I will be sure to keep my temper in check.

He then turns to the elder orc that addressed him. It would be my pleasure if you would lead the way.

Bluff roll: (1d20+13)[26]

10. - Top - End - #70

PaladinGuy

Nibbis cast message discreetly, and spoke to the Hobgoblin without looking at him, making sure to stand a little bit away.

"It's me...Nibbis, the Kobold to your left. You did the smart thing. These Orcs are strong, and cannot be bludgeoned or whipped into shape. But they aren't cunning. If you meet their onrush like a dam, you will be cast aside. Meet them with rocks to redirect their course, though, and you get what you want. Tell me if you need their assistance. I possess no small amount of ability to magically influence minds. Also, try not to look like you're talking under your breath if you respond to me, but this link will remain open for the next few minutes."

11. - Top - End - #71

PaladinGuy

Nibbis cast message discreetly, and spoke to the Hobgoblin without looking at him, making sure to stand a little bit away.

"It's me...Nibbis, the Kobold to your left. You did the smart thing. These Orcs are strong, and cannot be bludgeoned or whipped into shape. But they aren't cunning. If you meet their onrush like a dam, you will be cast aside. Meet them with rocks to redirect their course, though, and you get what you want. Tell me if you need their assistance. I possess no small amount of ability to magically influence minds. Also, try not to look like you're talking under your breath if you respond to me, but this link will remain open for the next few minutes."

Quickly, Nibbis asserted with his own bit of duplicity.

"Makes sense, I can see how Hobgoblins would get road weary. They aren't cut out for the roads like Orcs are. He didn't mean it, so probably best to just cut him slack."

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+18)[22] for bluff :P

12. - Top - End - #72
    Banned

"Well this one's ready, at least. I don't imagine you'se wishin' to speak to Narkhul as well do you? That's become bit of a habit as of late." Garn shakes a little, though still resting, "Sorry f'I forgot your name, what's your name there lukky?"

13. - Top - End - #73

PaladinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Can someone do...anything? :P

14. - Top - End - #74
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    like I said in the OOC, I'm waiting to get to Narkhul's aide or whoever.
    I agree with the sentiment though.

15. - Top - End - #75

PaladinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    You know, this is a great campaign concept. I'd hate to see it wither and die. Can the DM *do* something?