New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy: Crystal Quest

Kormanser

With a look on his face that clearly communicates his astonishment at the weird group of character he's fallen in with, the tiny actor dashes past the knight and up the stairs to the roof.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Dwarf in the Playground

Pomog

"Sorry, Mr. Gareth. I hope we didn't hurt you too bad, kupo."

Thinking for a moment, Pomog adds - "Um, is there a reason we that we don't take his sword with us?" He tries lifting it himself, but gives up the endeavor just as quickly. It's nearly as big as he is and probably weighs almost as much, judging from how the little moogle staggers.

Giving a brief shrug, Pomog heads up the stairwell to save the princess.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

The party rushes past Gareth on the third floor and dashes up the final staircase behind him. As they reach the large wooden double doors leading out to the rooftop plaza, Cagnazzo glances backward. Gareth appears to have disappeared. "Curious."

Not willing to waste any time, Cagnazzo grabs the crossbar locking the doors and lifts it, pushing it to the side, and pushes the heavy doors open. A flood of sunlight blinds the party for a moment.

Two dozen guards surround Princess Corneria on the plaza. Though she has traded her formal gown for a simple cloth tunic and leggings, the princess maintains an air of royalty. Her long brown hair is disheveled and sweat is dripping from her brow, but her face shines with defiance. She holds an ornate silver bow, and has an arrow notched and aimed at the head of General Sarpedon. Several lesser soldiers lie dead on the ground, their corpses riddle with arrows. Most of the standing soldiers have swords drawn, but some have bows with arrows notched and aimed at the princess. Sarpedon holds his empty hands out, appearing to be in the process of attempting to negotiate his way out of the standoff. General Hiryuu stands near him, arms folded.

As the doors open, many of the soldiers turn in surprise. They were not expecting company.

The color drains from Cagnazzo's face. "Oh dear."

The clown, apparently oblivious to the gravity of the situation, waves happily at the princess. "Oh dear!"
    Last edited by Fawkes; 2009-02-26 at 09:15 PM.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Halfling in the Playground

Post Re: Final Fantasy: Crystal Quest

"Now's not the time for cold feet, Cagnazzo," August says to the nobleman. "It's time for us to earn our laurels."

"Greetings, General," He begins. "And you you as well, Queen Vela. You seem to be at a slight impasse with her majesty, General. But I think that we might be able to come to some arrangement regarding your surrender if you order your men to lay down their arms. The soldiers below could not withstand us, and I have no reason to believe that you will fare better."
    Last edited by Verdigris; 2009-02-27 at 01:32 AM.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chara

Lowly, Chara laughs to herself, "This isn't a lecture hall, this is a battle field, August."

With a boisterous step forward, Chara declares with gusto, The pale Orb sees your villainy, and calls for us to deliver her retribution! A gleaming smile spreads across her face, as she finishes, "Queen Vela, We come to your aid!"
    Lyra Corvis- Avy done by Mechafox(Thanks!)

6. - Top - End - #276

Kormanser

Finally abandoning all pretenses, Kormanser's palm impacts his forehead at a significant fraction of the speed of sound. These people are crazy!

Soldiers, regain your honor by siding with the Princess in her hour of need!

Spoiler
    Show
    Smooth Talking: (1d100)[80] vs 52 Ranks

7. - Top - End - #277

Imp

Sarpedon raises an eyebrow and looks incredulously at the party. "Guards... kill them."
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Then don't look close.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Troll in the Playground

Nowe sighs "Here we go again." Nowe says as he prepares for another fight.
    easy 1 step guide to impersonating Sean Connery;
    step 1: repeat after me "I moustache you a question, but I'm shaving it for later."

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisti View Post
    Phn'glui mglw'nafh Roland GITP not-wagn'nagl not-fhtagn!

9. - Top - End - #279

With a flourish of his spear, August prepares to meet the enemy charge.

"If such is your answer, then there will be no mercy for betrayers."

Spoiler
    Show

I would be interested in a detailed description of the rooftop, if you don't mind, Mecha. Also, aside from the battlefield layout and the composition of the enemy forces, can we see where all those airships went? Lastly, what nearby buildings surround the castle, and what seems to be going on down below on the ground?

10. - Top - End - #280

Imp

About half of the soldiers turn and charge the party. You hear the double doors close behind you and instinctively turn and look. When you turn back around, the soldiers are all completely still. The ones who charged are frozen in mid-stride. Sarpedon, Hiryuu and the archers are motionless as well. A seagull who had been roosting on the castle roof hangs in the air, frozen in midflight.

The princess looks around frantically, unsure of what just happened. Cagnazzo's mouth hangs open. He is speechless.
    Show
    Then don't look close.

11. - Top - End - #281

August stands aghast.

"What sorcery is this? At least this ensorcellment arrived in a timely manner." He takes a few quick steps forward, looking about cautiously. He then remembers that he is in the presence of royalty, and gives the Queen a low bow.

"Queen Vela! Though I would be glad to pay proper homage to your majesty, I recommend that we seize the initiative and get you to safety at once before the situation deteriorates further."

12. - Top - End - #282

Chara

As the soldiers charge, Chara produces her shield and whip. She drops into a fighting stance, and brandishes a frightening smile. Entirely unfazed by the seal of their retreat, she unleashes a ghostly threat to the soldiers, "We are blessed by a Malevolent Champion! The Runic Knight seals your escape. Surrender now, mongrels, or be slain!"

Spoiler
    Show
    I guess I'll ACT unsurprised, and then try a skill I never learned!

act - (1d100)[35] vs 52
    Intimidate - (1d100)[79] vs Spirit/2 (4)

13. - Top - End - #283

Imp

The guards do not react to Chara's words. They remain frozen in place.

The princess lowers her bow and looks at the party, frightened. "Wh-what did you do?"

Cagnazzo tries to speak, but can't find the words. He shrugs.
    Show
    Then don't look close.

14. - Top - End - #284

Kormanser

Never one to forget his manners, Kormanser bounces forward with jaunty bow that sweeps his cloak to one side.

Kormanser the Moogle, Highness.

As he's straightening from his bow, he snaps his fingers loudly and dramatically. Scarlet, the flying serpent, appears with a flash a few feet away and lowers herself to the ground.

We may not have much time, kupo! Scarlet can get us out of here, but she can't carry everyone. What should we do?

15. - Top - End - #285
    Dwarf in the Playground

Eunos looks about bewildered for a second, having been a bit wrapped up in trying to figure out what had happened in the previous battle, then sighs and drinks his tonic.

"I can assure you milady that this spell is not our doing. I suppose it would be best if we got out of here quickly. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm afraid I'm a bit out of it at the moment."

He concludes with a sheepish smile, trying to hide the fact that he hadn't been paying the closest attention to the situation.

CLICK MAH EGGS/DRAGONS!

16. - Top - End - #286
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Uhhh..."

"I'll Leave this one to you guys."

17. - Top - End - #287
    Troll in the Playground

Nowe looks at the frozen guards, and tries to deduce weather time magic is the cause,

Spoiler
    Show
    im guessing this goes off of my knowledge of time magic? (which is 50, lore [time magic])

(d100)[70]

Last edited by littlebottom; 2009-03-01 at 06:50 PM.
    step 1: repeat after me "I moustache you a question, but I'm shaving it for later."

18. - Top - End - #288
    Troll in the Playground

Nowe turns generally towards everyone else "They have all frozen, due to the magic effect "Stop" but, i cannot determine what caused it, or even how long it will last. My advice is, lets act quickly."
    Last edited by littlebottom; 2009-03-01 at 08:21 PM.

19. - Top - End - #289

August pauses for a moment to examine the enemy guardsmen, and glares at Hiryuu in particular. The thought of another dragoon acting in such a reprehensible manner disturbs him greatly. He marks the General’s face in his mind, so that if they should meet again on the battlefield he will be able to single him out

“Your majesty,” August says, kneeling. “I cannot stand idly by while these men such as these take Corneria by force. I am a free lance, but would gladly take up your banner, if you would have me in your retinue. I am August of the House Vespanius, a humble dragoon from the Southlands.”

After the dramatic arrival of the flying serpent, he scratches his chin thoughtfully.

“How many passengers can Scarlet carry, Kormanser? I realize that with my armor, I may be something of a burden, and the blessing of the wind drakes gives me alternate means of travel. If necessary, I will remain behind and make my own way out of the city, if it will allow the Queen to escape. Perhaps I might even serve as an effective decoy, and delay the enemy pursuit for a time.”

20. - Top - End - #290

Chara

With a sheepish grin, color fills Chara's face. She packs away her whip, mumbling something.

After recovering some face, she recommends, "The time for formalities is passing, as is the magics that save us. Queen Vela- You must escape. We put ourselves at your disposal."

With a smirking glance at August, she teases, "You won't be rid of me so quickly. I will stay behind as well."

21. - Top - End - #291

Imp

The princess looks at August and Chara sternly. "No. No one is getting left behind."
    Show
    Then don't look close.

22. - Top - End - #292

August seems pleased by Chara’s offer, and seems on the verge of making some quip to her. However, his face registers mild surprise when the Queen gives her curt edict.

“Then if I may be so bold, do you have another suggestion, your majesty? Chara and I are quite capable of making our own escape, if need be. We can look after one another. I imagine that it is only a matter of moments before we are once more surrounded by enemies, so if you have a plan, now is the time. Otherwise, I would beg you make your escape at once.”

Spoiler
    Show

Making a Negotiation roll, skill of 46.

(d100)[65]

Last edited by Verdigris; 2009-03-02 at 11:54 AM.

23. - Top - End - #293

Imp

Cagnazzo steps in. "You're a Dragoon. You could easily jump your way out of the city. Take the young Moogle with you. The rest of us should fit on the serpent. We'll meet up with you outside the walls."

Music
    "I'm afraid you're not going anywhere." General Proteus steps out from between the spires. His airship rises behind him. "Surrender the princess and I might consider letting you live."

Vela quickly turns and notches an arrow to her bow. Proteus laughs. "Be careful with that, princess. You'll put someone's eye out."

Cagnazzo turns to the princess. "Run!"

Proteus frowns and points his sword at Cagnazzo. A bolt of dark energy bursts out, striking the noble in the face. Cagnazzo screams in pain and raises his hands to his face.

"Cagnazzo!"
    Show
    Then don't look close.

24. - Top - End - #294

Imp

Cagnazzo slowly regains his composure, breathing heavily. The attack left a severe burn across the right side of his face. He breathes heavily. He turns and looks August in the eye. One of his eyes is gone, but the other shows a look of pleading desperation. "Hahh... run... hahh... now."

Proteus hops off of the higher platform down onto the plaza. He calmly strides toward the party, his lips forming a cruel smirk.

Cagnazzo levels his blade and charges at the General.
    Show
    Then don't look close.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Dwarf in the Playground

Pomog

Pomog watches the bolt sear the flesh of their ally, and realizes that Proteus is only toying with them - from his casual attack and the way he strides forwards to meet the group he must be supremely self confident in his own skills.

"Cagnazzo's right - he have to get out of here, kupo! There's no way we can beat Proteus now, and if the princess is caught it's all over!"

Pomog pauses for a moment, and watches their ally rush towards what he is certain will be his death.

"But... I don't want Cagnazzo to die either... kupo... isn't their some way we can save them both?"

26. - Top - End - #296

Chara

"The road to the underworld is paved by the souls of men, good and evil alike!"
    With a sharp gaze, she directs the group, "We've wasted enough time, and the Noble has chosen his fate. Let us make our escape on scarlet wings, now!"

27. - Top - End - #297

“You heard his last command—run! I will follow once I see Scarlet safely in the air.”

August will raise his spear in a defensive stance as the group climbs onto Scarlet's back.

"Keep the Queen safe until we meet again! Now hurry, as if all the fiends of Hell were after you."

28. - Top - End - #298

Imp

Spoiler
    Show
    Henceforth, when calculating how many people a mount can carry, Moogles will count as half a person.

Kormanser, the Princess, Chara, Kuna, Eunos, Nowe, and Pomog scramble onto Scarlet's back. The clown stays behind and stands next to August, striking a stance similar to August's.

The princess watches sadly as Cagnazzo rushes toward Proteus. Scarlet lifts off and begins flying to the southwest. Proteus frowns as he watches the princess escape. Without missing a beat, he thrusts his blade through the oncoming noble's chest.

"EEEEAGGGH!" Cagnazzo screams in agony as Proteus lifts his blade, raising the noble with it. A surge of dark energy pulses down the blade and into Cagnazzo's writhing body. Proteus swings his blade, flinging the noble across the plaza like a ragdoll. Cagnazzo tumbles and rolls before coming to a stop. He lies perfectly still.

Proteus calls out to the airship. "Follow them! Don't let them escape!" He turns and begins walking toward August and the clown.
    Show
    Then don't look close.

29. - Top - End - #299

Not wishing to be caught between the advancing Proteus and his soon-to-waken henchmen, August begins to slowly back up, keeping an even distance between himself and Proteus.

He glances over his right shoulder to gauge Scarlet’s progress. “Alright, Septimus,” he whispers to the mime. “They’re away. No sense stalling any longer—get ready to do as I do.”

“This is one round you did not win, Proteus,”
    August continues in a louder voice. “The Queen is safe, and soon you will reap the rewards of your treachery. Enjoy your kingdom, while it lasts, General.”

With that, August turns and leaps off of the rooftop into the sky. As he sails over the soldiers and rioting citizens below, he turns and shouts back to Proteus and all who can listen.

“Long live the Queen!”

30. - Top - End - #300

Kormanser

From his seat just behind Scarlet's head, Kormanser looks to be as down in the dumps as a moogle ever has. The Princess didn't get her castle back, the valiant nobleman died ignobly, and now they're fleeing on poor Scarlet, who is loaded almost beyond capacity. Although she doesn't seem to mind the weight, he pats her on the head consolingly.

Don't worry, girl. I'll make this up to you somehow...