New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Test Your Might 8

No, but he doesn't have anything to sense it. I'd imagine that the aura of dispair is pretty great though, extending pretty far in all directions, with only mechanical penalties for being within 30'. Thus, he'd sense something is wrong and try to pull short. Unless its a curtain 30' all or nothing. Your monster, your call. If you think he can't pull up, then take +3 off of the attack rolls, and subtract all of the damage caused by the DFI, and that ends the turn. Your call.

PS, your move!
    Last edited by Keld Denar; 2009-01-18 at 06:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

You have a point, they're bloody miserable things to be around. I'll leave him be.

Okay, so is this wall of stone still happening? Need to know.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Gah, that actually kind of changes something else I was gonna do, since I was gonna have Traj rush out and engage one, while Liam stay back and defend. Since Traj was before Liam in init, can I change Liam's action to charge out and engage the nasty thing?

And yes, the Wall of Stone is SOOOO happening. Gotta protect my rear.

If it matters, Liams charge attacks would look like this:
    Primary - (1d20+25)[37] Dmg - (1d8+31)[34]
    Flurry - (1d20+25)[27] Dmg - (1d8+31)[38]
    Secondary - (1d20+20)[31] Dmg - (1d8+31)[37]
    Tertiary - (1d20+15)[35] Dmg - (1d8+31)[36]

And his location would be diagonal 1 down and 1 over from it.

EDIT:

Crap, Crushing Dispair should be -2 to hit, right? Take 2 off my attack rolls then. There should be some kind of save against that. Dwarves are never depressed, unless they are out of ale and all the women decide to start shaving their beards...
    Last edited by Keld Denar; 2009-01-18 at 07:04 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Tert attack is a nat 20, thus should be a threat.

Tert Confirm - (1d20+15)[24]

Hows that?
    Last edited by Keld Denar; 2009-01-18 at 07:10 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Give me a moment, I'm hugely multitasking.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, assuming Liam's morale buffs are gone and he's attacking the athlios (Z) then we're good.

Flurry attack misses, Tert fails to crit.

And unless I miss my guess, Liam is now cut off from your party, as are Z and the fat one?

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

The Wall of Stone is U shaped, boarding my little 10' starting block on the left, right, and bottom. Top is open to allow me to smash baddies as they funnel in. Walls are double thickness, btw, I got a high enough CL and I reduced the area covered enough.

I took out the RRotF and DFI bonuses off of Liam, but forgot the CD penalties, so with those added in, those are his final numbers.

Does he kill it? Please, for the love of god, does he kill it?

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry. It's alive. And it's not a fan of you.

Oh, actually...

Your secondary failed as well.

And...

Can I get two Fortitude saves from Liam?
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2009-01-18 at 08:17 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Fort1 - (1d20+27)[36]
    Fort2 - (1d20+27)[38]

Note that these do NOT autofail on a 1, because of Steadfast Determination (PHBII).

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Fine. You make that part safely. ...bloody high saving throws due to the preposterous number of PrCs that your imbecile has taken...

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

3! Only 3 PrCs, and only 2 of them have good fort save. Its the 3 base classes that give +8 alone that helps. But hey, a melee character HAS to mutt himself out in order to best cover the bases he needs to cover, because he wasn't born with a class feature called SPELLCASTING.

And it really does create a glaring weakness in his reflex save, if you hadn't noticed, but this is an acceptable loss for me, because most reflex saves won't kill you in one hit.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Sure, but the melee-hosing ability in question doesn't require Ref saves.

I really need to hose his Fort and Will.

I'm going to be forced off for the next ~hour. Stupid visitors stealing my compy.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Might be able to do 1 more round tonight before my internet craps out and we continue in the morning. You know what you are gonna do with your guys? Its your turn.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Alrighty, well. Liam's had his turn. What next?

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

That was my guys turn. Keld made the wall, Vast transfered the stone, Traj met the aura and dropped back, and Liam tried to smash the baddy. Then Liam made some fort saves. Don't the rest of your guys get to do something?

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Yup. Won't be till tomorrow, though. :(

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Alrighty, the two tetromenoi in the EBT radius who weren't grappled try to get out by the quickest means available.

The athlios' (Y) spell-like ability goes off: creeping doom. Six centipede swarms. Those advance on your position.

The free tetromenos moves 30 ft. next to the athlios (Y) and casts an obscuring mist around them.

The haemorragon takes a double move to O10.

The polytrotoi regenerate.

The athlios next to Liam gestures with its hands. AoO if you like.

Liam is caught in a wave of listless night. Fort save DC 21. Failure, he becomes nauseated and exhausted; success he's merely fatigued.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

AoO - (1d20+25)[41] Dmg - (1d8+31)[37]

And the fort save, which doesn't autofail on a 1.
    Fort - (1d20+27)[29]
    Last edited by Keld Denar; 2009-01-19 at 10:47 AM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Okay. He's still fatigued, mind you.

Your go.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Liam full attacks, PA for 2 with Flurry, fatigue factored in.
    Primary - (1d20+24)[35] Dmg - (1d8+31)[36]
    Flurry - (1d20+24)[30] Dmg - (1d8+31)[39]
    Secondary - (1d20+19)[33] Dmg - (1d8+31)[33]
    Tertiary - (1d20+14)[24] Dmg - (1d8+31)[32]

Traj uses White Raven Tactics, moving Liam's Init to just after his, and granting him an extra round. Then Traj readies an attack against anything that closes, continueing his song.

Liam acts again from White Raven Tactics
    Primary - (1d20+24)[26] Dmg - (1d8+31)[33]
    Flurry - (1d20+24)[42] Dmg - (1d8+31)[33]
    Secondary - (1d20+19)[21] Dmg - (1d8+31)[32]
    Tertiary - (1d20+14)[21] Dmg - (1d8+31)[37]

Keld delays for now.

Vast attacks one of the nearest ungrappled Polytrotos with his sling.
    BIG MONEY - (1d20+16)[20] Dmg - (1d4-1)[1]DFI - (6d6)[21]

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

The athlios dies, its body bubbling into a sickly muck and leaving a cloud of foul vapors behind.

Crushing despair and the associated denial of morale effects on Liam persist for the next five rounds.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Did I need the whole 2nd round of full attacks? If not, I'd take that action to move back into a more defensive position in my wall of stone shell.

Did Vast get revenge on one of those little bastards that stole his caster level? I know the 1 point of sling damage won't do anything, but the 6d6 fire should have some noticable impression!

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

You killed him on the flurry of the second round.

Yes, Vast managed to kill him. If I'd conned you into the sonic damage, you'd be cursing me right now.

Only seventeen left!

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, hold the phone: Does Vast even have LoS to them? Isn't he behind Traj inside the wall of stone?

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Allies don't block Line of Sight, though you could impose a -4 penalty for cover. Its still a 16, which should hit one of those pitiful little bastards. Plus, I'd give him a +1 karmic bonus anyway, or maybe a +16 karmic bonus, one for every spell level you drained from him!!!! RAWR.

lol

Anyway, Liam will 5' shift after his 2nd full attack diagonally back toward the party.

Your up!

PS, I'm totally gonna use those guys to hose over a few other people. Kind of reminds me of an encounter with a Mindflayer Monk surrounded by these little 3 HD monsters with huge DR who can project an AMF at will as a standard action each round. WHERE IS YOUR FOM NOW, LITTLE MAN!

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Check out their brethren. Everything in that race screws you over somehow. The adikethentes are the most hated creatures in the universe - so they force you to attack them instead of something you'd rather target. Algedones are nastier than banshees.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Put some of the Polytrotos around a Adikethente and watch AoE spells get drawn to them, and their caster subsequently nerfed. POW!

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

The haemorragon moves her bulky, oozing self to N13. Pustules swell on her body, erupting and spewing a vile, sticky black fluid at Liam.

Two Reflex saves, please.

Damage - (4d10)[21], Reflex half
    Damage - (4d10)[24], Reflex half

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Ref1 - (1d20+10)[26]
    Ref2 - (1d20+10)[15]
    Tjats with the Crushing Dispair factored in.

Also, since its dead, although its effects are still lingering on Liam, if Traj were to enter the area, would he be affected? Like, is it tied to the corpse? Or just while it was living?

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

The aura's endemic to the creature; it couldn't rid itself of it if it wanted to - so it's tied to the corpse, yes. I assumed Liam would get away from it. If he won't, then it's gonna keep running on him.

Both saves failed, by the way. Enjoy the damage.