New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Test Your Might 8

The die roller is out to get me.

Traj hemorrhages. (d4)[4] Con damage.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I think I should surrender at this point.

The tetromenoi are useless against a party this optimized; the polytrotoi did their job but didn't get Keld too; the remaining athlios can't do enough damage to be meaningful before getting splattered. Only the haemorragon can do anything at all, and that will consist of bleeding on your frontliners until they gut her (next 1-2 turns oughta do that.) She kinda needed this round, only the dice failed me in a huge way.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

Yea, Traj was gonna boost Dancing Mongoose and make 6 attacks for about 36d6 fire damage which isn't mitigated. Keld was gonna Mass Cure Lite to fix most of the ouch, and Liam was gonna keep hacking.

What do you think of my APL10 vs EL14 fight?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY!

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

It's amusing me so far.

My lamenti will never surprise anyone ever again if this keeps up, though.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Yea, I have a couple recommendations already...

1) Add elemental resistances across the board for Lamenti. Maybe give the lesser caste of Lamenti Resist 5 to Sonic and Electric, medium Lamenti Resist 10 to Sonic and Electric, and greater Lamenti Immunity to Sonic + Electric. That would bring them in line with other outsiders like Angels, Demons, Archons, and Devils.

2) Need more DR. 5/Magic for even the least Lamenti, and then from about 10 HD and up, go 10/Lawful, and from 15 HD and up go 15/Lawful. I wouldn't worry about special materials like Cold Iron or whatever, and don't use the Good/Evil axis, except maybe for the couple evil ones.

3) Check over the SLAs. Some of them are really worthless and should be removed. Some of them are really good, and might be a little too powerful. Some should just be made constant across the board. For example, the Cheimothnes can cast Fog Cloud, but the Oimozon, one Caste up, can only cast Obscuring Mist. Just kinda odd, IMO. Minor nitpick.

Just things that you can't really see when you look at the stat block, but really come up in playtest. Hence, the whole reason to playtest, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY!