New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Flacepant: The Adventures of a Real D&D Party in a Slightly Embellished World

Quite.

I'm glad someone got the references!
    My homebrews:

Oh, and I can make avatars on request. Just PM me. Please note, however that I am not especially experienced.
    Spoiler
    Show

for

2. - Top - End - #32
    Pixie in the Playground

Question Re: Flacepant: The Adventures of a Real D&D Party in a Slightly Embellished World

Wait, am i the ranger?

Or am i to come?

3. - Top - End - #33

Default Re: Flacepant: The Adventures of a Real D&D Party in a Slightly Embellished World

You are to come.
    My homebrews:

Oh, and I can make avatars on request. Just PM me. Please note, however that I am not especially experienced.
    Spoiler
    Show

for

4. - Top - End - #34

New comic's up.
    My homebrews:

Spoiler
    Show

for

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

What?
    ____

6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground

Are you posting this for constructive criticism, or only compliments? Just checking, since I know some people like how they do things and aren't looking for suggestions. However, if you are, I have some suggestions/reactions/constructive criticism below.

Spoiler
    Show

Comic #1: If you are going for the OotS look, you need consistent lines.
    The guy's cloak has much thicker lines than the rest of his body.

Comic #2: Some of the lines separating the panels are sloppy. Not sure if that's on purpose or not. The water lines are also rather unrealistic looking. I'm not sure what program you're using, but I recommend Inkscape; it'll be a lot easier to iron out little details like that.

Comic #3: Second panel, the guy's speech does not fit into his speech bubble. I don't really get the punchline...

I think this has potential, but some work on the artwork and making it amusing to those of us who weren't at the gaming session you say this is based off would help a lot.

7. - Top - End - #37

Thanks. The punchline of #3 is really only funny if you have Goblins and 8-Bit Theatre. Those lines are copied from there.

Oh, and I am using Inkscape. The lines are sloppy because OOTS makes them sloppy, and I'm trying to get that look.
    Last edited by Person1123; 2009-01-31 at 06:34 AM.
    My homebrews:

Spoiler
    Show

for

8. - Top - End - #38
    Pixie in the Playground

tongue Re: Flacepant: The Adventures of a Real D&D Party in a Slightly Embellished World

I kl\now the references, and I didn't think it was very funny. Just random.

9. - Top - End - #39

OotS doesn't make them sloppy... It's very clean and fresh looking... Yours looks just... Choppy. It is slightly jarring to look at all the contrast... OotS seems to blend it nicely.

The things in OotS that are meant to look sloppy are really not sloppy at all. For example, in the first hundred or so comics, the borders were very squiggly and sloppy looking. But they looked like they were intended to be that way. With things like this, it looks like you merely overlooked the stroke width differences, and forgot to iron out the curves on the cloak.
    The artist formerly known as Tired N' Drowzy, master of puns.

10. - Top - End - #40

I meant just the borders between panels, but it is sort of sloppy, I guess.

EDIT: I changed the thread so that everything but the cast and most recent comic are links.

EDIT 2: #5 is up, complete with a shiny new....

ART UPDATE!

ps. If you were bugging me about this before *you know who you are* here it is!
    Last edited by Person1123; 2009-02-06 at 06:10 PM.
    My homebrews:

Spoiler
    Show

for

11. - Top - End - #41

Sorry for the double post, just need to bump the thread so you can see my update.
    My homebrews:

Spoiler
    Show

for

12. - Top - End - #42
    Pixie in the Playground

confused Re: Flacepant: The Adventures of a Real D&D Party in a Slightly Embellished World

Um... Where's this week's comic? I know why there wasn't one last week, but...?
    Incoming fire has the right of way!

Avatar by Person1123, originally for the character I play in the campaign upon which his webcomic, Flacepant, is based.

RPT, a fairly freeform roleplaying system (currently a work in progress)

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

It's probably on it's way Cheese, the mind of a comic artist flits hither and thither. Which, incidentally, is the reason for buffer comics.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Cheese? whos chee-
    *counts numbers out on fingers*
    Ohhh! *facepalms*
    I'm technically but I refuse to admit it!
    Dawn of Yesterday (Resuming now!)
    Currently Developing the "PASSIVE™" RPG system
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    +1 to Fay being awesome, causing nosebleeds and etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.
    I'm an Artist!, If you want an Avatar just PM me your specifics - Avatar by Me!

15. - Top - End - #45
    Pixie in the Playground

No, no, no, it's not just that I'm impatient. I personally know the person who writes this webcomic and am rather annoyed with him for going two weeks in a row without updating for no good reason.

Avatar by Person1123, originally for the character I play in the campaign upon which his webcomic, Flacepant, is based.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 3 8 5 5 19 5 View Post
    No, no, no, it's not just that I'm impatient. I personally know the person who writes this webcomic and am rather annoyed with him for going two weeks in a row without updating for no good reason.
    Ah. Well if you know them in person, then how about giving them a swift smack upside the head and telling them to get working?

And also, why did you choose to write your username as a series of numbers, not letters?

17. - Top - End - #47
    Pixie in the Playground

1) I have tried, but it didn't work. I thought this might help. 2) I used numbers for variety, especially since it's amusing when people don't understand and think my username is a series of random numbers.

18. - Top - End - #48

By the way, there is no new comic due to annoying Catattackishness on the part of Catattack.

Ronak, his character is (according to him) completely wrong and he wants to completely redo it, but he wants to be their in person when I do it.

BTW, I still resent that smack upside the head, Cheese!
    Last edited by Person1123; 2009-02-22 at 03:02 PM.
    My homebrews:

Spoiler
    Show

for

19. - Top - End - #49
    Pixie in the Playground

Just tell him, too bad, it's your comic, and that you'll do whatever you'll want with it!!

20. - Top - End - #50

New update, despite Catattack problems (i.e. him being way too particular about Ronak). This is a Nonsequitor, or one-panel filler comic from another adventure.

Yes, this really happened.
    My homebrews:

Spoiler
    Show

for

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

I believe you mean "non sequitur", Latin for "does not follow".

22. - Top - End - #52

That's what I used to mean, but when I said nonsequitor, that's what it became due to my insane awesomeness.
    My homebrews:

Spoiler
    Show

for

23. - Top - End - #53

Comic 4 link in first post sends you to comic 1
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

24. - Top - End - #54

Fixed, it be.
    My homebrews:

Spoiler
    Show

for