New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: The Hyman Experiment

Aaron listened into the conv with interest and amusement. He had taken a small room that suited his Spartan lifestyle. He then had gone through his meal army style and headed outside toburn it off. Finding a sturdy tree he began to do pullups. He was perfectly ok with letting the others squabble over basic chores and felt that he'd input his opinion on his own time. Aaron made a mental list of the surroundings and of the characteristics his new housemates had displayed so far. Gauging how much he should care to interact with the civvys. Edward seemed alright so far but he wasn't too sure about spencer. However, he knew first impressions can be misleading and sometimes fatal.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

The conversation was sort of slowing down, and they seemed to have half-settled on the laziest solution possible to the issue of food: ordering out. It looked like they were going to have to do no work at all around the house. he wondered what they were going to do, stuck here all month. Any experience he'd had with being locked up in a house with a bunch of people for a long time had usually ended up with a very lazy sort of way of living where the computer and the television set seemed to be the centre of existence.

Television... Did they have television, he wondered. All communication with the outside world seemed to be forbidden, so most likely no, but maybe Wilson had just wanted to stop two-way traffic. Maybe he didn't have a problem with them getting information from the outside world, just not the other way around.

"Have any of you guys seen a television set around here?"
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Halfling in the Playground

OOC: There are TVs in both one of the downstairs living rooms (the one to the right on the map) and the game room upstairs.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Spencer speaks up again, "I don't cook well, but anyone is welcome to join me for my meals. I tend to cook late though. Just help me clean up afterwords and we'll call it even. Anyone up for a game of chess? Been a while since I've played and I saw a board upstairs."

Interesting people. Very interesting.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Orc in the Playground

"I'll play, I haven't played a game of chess in a long time."
    Well we seem to be taking the lazy way out, and that suits me just fine.
    "And if someone does get around to ordering the stuff for haggis I'll make it."

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't really care who wins the chess game if we end up playing, I'm passing good, but I'm not like a ranked player or anything.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Aaron was irritated at their overall vote of the lazy way out in regards to cooking and cleaning, he wasn't very fond of either but you gotta do what you gotta do. That was ok though, if this house gets to the point where the mess starts to piss him off Aaron didn't think he'd have much difficulty persuading the to start helping out. He turned to Spencer, "I'll help you cook you help clean. Sound fair?" He then turned to face the rest of the household, "We are not going to live like dirty f@&$s. We are guests here, well paid guests at that. It takes 2 minutes to pick up after yourself and stop f&@$ing spitting wine on the good Dr.'s floor. I advise you to at least clean that up. Basically people, nice place, good money, don't be a doucher."
    Aaron paused to let that sink in. "Questions,problems,queries? Say them now and I will help you sort them out"
    Aaron knew he wasn't going to be making many friends with that little speech but he was still irritable from the jet lag and could've cared less.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Bugbear in the Playground

William glared over at Aaron while he had his little speech. "I can tell that guys gonna be a douche." He though to himself grimly, then said, "And with that, I'm heading up to a room." The kid in black muttered, picking up his bag and heading upstairs to claim his room.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Edward got up and walked into the house, to one of the cameras in the dining room.
    "Look. Ehm. We'd like some Chinese take-out tomorrow? By a quarter to twelve would be perfect. It would be good if it could be, like, ehrm, warm? But if not, well, I suppose we can warm it here. And, and, if we have to cook ourselves- I mean, you never really said whether we did and I didn't ask and we were wondering- ehm, whatever... If we have to cook ourselves, then send us what we need to make haggis instead. For dinner. I doubt anyone's going to start cooking at eleven. I wouldn't anyways, maybe, so I don't expect others to. Send the stuff over by five in the evening if we don't get take-out"

"I don't know if there's any bread and stuff here, we haven't checked, but if there isn't, send us some. And roastbeef. I'd like some roastbeef. And some stuff we can microwave when we get hungry in the day, if that's okay. ...Right. Thank you"

Edward returned to the patio.
    Quote Originally Posted by canab View Post
    He then turned to face the rest of the household, "We are not going to live like dirty f@&$s. We are guests here, well paid guests at that. It takes 2 minutes to pick up after yourself and stop f&@$ing spitting wine on the good Dr.'s floor. I advise you to at least clean that up. Basically people, nice place, good money, don't be a doucher."
    Aaron paused to let that sink in. "Questions,problems,queries? Say them now and I will help you sort them out"
    Wow, what a @&#!$... Why is he overreacting like that? Can't he just keep calm? What a...

"Look, why do you assume we'll be filthy? I mean, we'll clean up after ourselves. Just, this is a vacation. We're getting paid to act like we're not getting paid. To act like we normally would, were we confined with a bunch of other people. Like soldiers would. Or, I don't know, whomever. Anyways, this house doesn't belong to him, all of this is in function of the experiment. I, eh, agree about the wine spitting though. That carpet is ruined forever... and, I know you didn't mean to, but, just be careful?"

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

9. - Top - End - #99
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

"Look edward, I realize the point is to act as you normally would but I wouldn't normally dirty someone else's house that I was staying at. It's common courtesy. I do apologize for my cursing and abrupt behavior though, it's common dog for me. Something you'll have to get used to as I'll have to get used to your personality. Either way, arguing and walking away!" He shouted this last part to the mumbler that had gone upstairs, "is unproductive, let me start off on a different foot. I'm Aaron, Canadian infantryman. Married, 1 kid, another on the way. As you've seen I'm grouchy and short tempered when I've had no sleep. My job requires this attitude and I sometimes forget that there are other types of people in this world."
    Aaron gives Edward a grin
    "let me know when I go all army on you and I'll tone it down...or tell you to blow me"

10. - Top - End - #100
    Orc in the Playground

%$&@in' canooks, and another army fool too.
    "I dunno what they give you military freaks to make you all controlling @$$holes, but it's already gotten old. You say you wouldn't go dirty up someone else's house, well not everyone would go around following the instructions of some jack@$$ just 'cause he's loud and obnoxious. I don't think numbnuts over there shoulda done the wine bit, but as long as he's not screwing around with my $h!t or actually causing someone harm then it isn't really my business. So maybe you should just back the &^#$ off."
    Corey says very calmly.
    Last edited by sidhe_blooded; 2009-01-24 at 08:02 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101

William paused on going upstairs at hearing the army **** reference him, and came back just in time to throw in, "Hear hear, Corey, was it?" He said, smiling wryly. Then he leaned on the wall frame, and adjusted his bag since he still hadn't been upstairs. "Psh, maybe all the army guys should get their own little part of the house where they can clean till their fingers bleed and yell at the walls. I'm sure they'd listen just as well as ordering around a bunch of strangers in a house that isn't yours."

12. - Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Spencer sighs at the infantile debate. Taking a slow breath, Spencer lets fifteen percent of his madness show from beneath the facade. He slowly and confidently speaks the following in a sadistic, murderous tone.

I'm going to be here for a month. After that I'll be in the US again. Murder isn't a crime with international jurisdiction. We will be respectful to each other and our surroundings or I WILL be the instrument of Karma. We're not going to argue about piddly **** and we're not going to make this house a pain in the ass to live in. Clear, gentlemen?

Spencer pauses for a moment to let it sink in before continuing, "Now, about that game of chess?"

****ers better get their asses in line NOW or else I will personally make each and every one of them my bitch.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Barbarian in the Playground

Devon shakes his head. "I'm not scared of you." He says, very quietly, and very surely. Normally, jet lag doesn't do **** to him. He's used to weird hours and unorthodox sleep schedules, but when people get pissy over nothing it starts getting contageous. "Alright, alright guys. We get it. Some of you are bigger, stronger, tougher males with 20% more testosterone. You get the chicks. Now lets stop fighting like @$$holes and just chill out. This isn't a competition, and tonight'll be better for all invovled if we just part ways and get some shut-eye." He says. God, don't let this happen. It doesn't need to be fighting. He prays.
    All glory to Vrythas in regards to my snazzy AD&D Game Master avatar.

Spoiler
    Show
    Reserve AD&D Game Master avatar by wxdruid

Oh star fall down on me
    Let me make a wish upon you
    Hold on, let me think
    Think of what I'm wishing for

14. - Top - End - #104
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

At Devon's words in his pause Spencer just gives a look that says, "You don't have to be. Fear doesn't have any effect on the laws of nature."

15. - Top - End - #105
    Barbarian in the Playground

"So, are we good?" Devon asks, worried.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not a mind reader. Yet. i just misread. Xp

EDIT: Fixed
    Last edited by Levyathyn; 2009-01-25 at 01:39 AM.
    All glory to Vrythas in regards to my snazzy AD&D Game Master avatar.

Spoiler
    Show
    Reserve AD&D Game Master avatar by wxdruid

Oh star fall down on me
    Let me make a wish upon you
    Hold on, let me think
    Think of what I'm wishing for

16. - Top - End - #106
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Spoiler
    Show
    Spencer didn't actually say anything. I just gave a look that translates that way. If you're a powerful enough reader to know the exact wording in my mind that's fine, but frankly the odds are against it because that would be literal telepathy.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Aaron looks over, "Alright, I tried to be nice. I tried to to to give you the benefit of being too military for you but f&$" it. You are lazy. Don't f&$@ing argue cuz you are." Aaron looks over everyone present and glares, "if you are a dirty SOB then fine, be happy in your filth. You obviously think that your nonexistent lives mean something while you do nothing. Keep it up, I'm sure you'll get far in life" He looks I over them all, "you can think I'm a **** but if you think about it would you let someone douche out on you?"

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Allan had watched the rest of the discussions quietly, but this was starting to go a bit far.

"Guys, guys, guys. The only choices here aren't 'live in a pig-sty' and 'clean everything daily'. If we have some minor rules about cleaning -- like the bathroom schedule I had suggested -- and pick up after ourselves, we should be fine. If that really doesn't work and things get too bad, we can re-examine it then. Nothing to get too upset over.

"From what I've heard about psychology experiments, if there's ANY violence the experiment WILL be shut down, at least for those involved in the scrap. Heck, if that's a rule in Big Brother, it'll be a rule here. Does anyone want to risk their cash over a trivial disagreement?" he said, pointedly looking at everyone.
    Last edited by Daimbert; 2009-01-25 at 05:49 AM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Orc in the Playground

"I have no intention of fighting anybody.

And yes, I am lazy, I do the least amount of work I need to do to get by. If you have a problem with that then %#$@ off, it's gotten me this far and I don't have any intention of changing. I don't have any intention of living in a pigsty however-something you maybe shoulda gotten a clue about when I was talking about the bathrooms needing to be cleaned occasionally and people picking up after themselves.

Being lazy may not be the best way to go through life, but at least I'm not a military @$$wipe who just 'cause he's 'served his country' or whatever horse$h!t gives you guys your sense of self-righteousness and makes you think that everyone else's way of life is inferior and in need of changing.

As for the threats-%$#* off you little turd, you're just making yourself look like a dumbass. And karma is bull$h!t.

Corey said, still very calmly.
    God, 15 grand is a lot of dough, but a lot of these guys are $h!theads. Maybe I oughtta just go play chess and let them argue about it until they pass out, then just do whatever I was gonna do anyway. I wonder if we can vote people out of the house?

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

"Wow, wow, just calm down! You're arguing over nothing here. We're not going to make a mess of this house, okay? Like, ehm, that guy over there said, we can just keep it clean without being maniacal about it. Just stop, like, swearing and threatening each other. We're here together for a whole month, so we should try to get along"

I think he might be serious... That Spencer kid... He's stupid enough to actually do it if you piss him off... Or maybe he's just full of it. Damn, everyone just needs to calm down. All this over cleaning?

Edward picked up the bottle of Dunmills he'd been drinking from and his empty plate.
    "It's kinda getting cold and dark, so I'm heading inside. I'm going to have a look around the house, and, ehm, after that I think I'll do the dishes. It would be nice if someone could help me"
    Last edited by MrEdwardNigma; 2009-01-25 at 01:53 PM.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Thank you, Edward. Thank you, Allan.

Spencer glances at Corey and says, "I admire your bravery. Most people are either too smart or too afraid to challenge me. You are neither of those."

God, that kid is a fool. I already stated that murder doesn't have international jurisdiction.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Orc in the Playground

@ Spencer-"What, do you have some god complex or something? People get challenged all the time, it's called life."

23. - Top - End - #113

William glanced around at the entirety of the group, and what everyone was saying. "I am just way too tired." He said to no on really, waving his hand to extricate himself from the conversation. With a simple swig of what of left of his drink, he lifted it up and wryly said, "To everyday of this. Gentlemen, I'm locking my door tonight." And he cast a glance over at Spencer.

"Night." The guy in black said, adjusting his bag and actually leaving this time. Once in the main part of the house, he looked at the clock and yawned, wondering if he should actually go to bed just yet.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Spencer smiled and replied, "I admire your bravery is all. Some things rarely happen in life, so you notice when they do. Goodnight, gentlemen." With that, Spencer made his exit.

It's almost cute.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Edward moved on to the kitchen, where he rummaged through all the cupboards, finding them stuffed with all kinds of food and kitchen implements. Wilson hadn't been lying when he said they were provided for. He then took a tour of the two living rooms, again checking out every and each nook and cranny of the rooms, and then browsed through the library. When he was done with this he returned to the dining room and started gathering up the plates, taking them to the kitchen.

I'll do the dishes now, it doesn't seem like much else but a game of chess is going on tonight anyway, and it's a nice sign of good will. Someone has to act nice around here, it might as well be me. God, these are a lot of plates... I'm definitely not doing this every night. I hope someone helps me out, but I doubt it. And if anyone does, it might be one of those military guys...

26. - Top - End - #116
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Aaron was stewing, jobs and lifestyles aside the majority of these people were arogant and thought they had more brains than they were showing. In normal circumstances he would've lost his mind on such an illmannered group. Aside from a couple of the guys who seem to have their minds about them Aaron wanted nothing to do with the rest of them.
    'Oh well, calm down Aaron. You have to live with these whiney snotballs, just shutup and putup.'
    "I'll give you a hand Ed" Aaron headed towards the kitchen.
    He stopped for a second and turned around, "Spencer, threats you can't make good on aren't a good idea. If you want to play big boy come talk to me later" with that Aaron left to join Edward.
    Last edited by canab; 2009-01-25 at 02:54 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Orc in the Playground

Yeah, I'm not gonna play chess with that little ^%#$wad, if I start winning he'll probably just try to threaten me again and knock the board across the room.
    Corey says as he heads up to his room and pulls out his laptop.
    I'll just watch a movie and the little $h!t can do whatever he wants.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by canab View Post
    "I'll give you a hand Ed" Aaron headed towards the kitchen. He stopped for a second and turned around, "Spencer, threats you can't make good on aren't a good idea. If you want to play big boy come talk to me later" with that Aaron left to join Edward.
    "Oh. Ehm. Great, thank you"
    Edward took the last of the glasses to the kitchen and began doing the dishes, quite grateful that someone would help. Damn, they were being silent. Conversation, conversation, conversation...
    "So, ehm, where are you from?"
    Last edited by MrEdwardNigma; 2009-01-25 at 03:02 PM.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

"Alberta, it's a prairie Provence in the west part of Canada. You?" Aaron reaches over and grabs a dish towel and turns back to Edward, "Wash or dry? Your choice buds."

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'll dry, if you don't mind"
    Edward was glad. He didn't enjoy scraping other people's leftovers off their plates. He'd worked as a dishwasher for a week once, and they'd treated him horribly. The bosses kept yelling at him for mistakes other people made, because he was the new guy, and no-one had any idea how anything, worked, except the bosses, and if you asked them you'd get yelled at. They'd even asked him to train someone after his third day. The guy he had to train turned out to speak nothing but French, but he was also the most capable guy in the whole kitchen, without ever having worked as a dishwasher before. When he wasn't around though, Edward had to do a job that was supposed to be done by four people alone. the worst part were the hours though. Edward generally had to work from ten in the morning to twelve in the evening, and once after a party he had to continue working until two.

"I'm from Belgium. From the Flemish part, if that rings any bells"
    Edward could just imagine what would be next. He'd be asked abut the only Belgian stuff anyone had ever heard about: waffles, fries and chocolate.