New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Test Your Might 9

Awww...

And here I thought that the victory would be mine, alas, it is not so simple.

Shall we just fast forward, I'll cast all my save or die spells and try to get through your SR, and you can not roll a 1?

Because that's what this fight has become, which was kind of expected against a CR32 creature.

I do like it though, but I think it will need to be beefed up significantly to stand up as an Epic Encounter.
    Last edited by Rei_Jin; 2009-01-19 at 09:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starsinger View Post
    You sir, are my hero.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

In what way does she need beef?

And yes,that's what the fight would become, because she'll fairly lazily mindshatter and energy drain all of your guys, then float on. If she ever felt truly at risk, she'd word of chaos and then start gating in indigos.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

• More Hitpoints, like double what she has, at least.
    • Change her DR to be Lawful AND Epic
    • Increase the SR by 10. A level 20 caster SHOULD NOT be able to affect her, even with CL increases (Which are easy to get)
    • A Chaos Aura that warps reality around her (See Teratomorph for ideas)

Do that, and then we'll see about how difficult she is

EDIT: Incidentally, how did I do compared with your expectations?
    Last edited by Rei_Jin; 2009-01-19 at 09:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starsinger View Post
    You sir, are my hero.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Clearly I need to go bug the Vorpal Tribble for an Epic CR calculator, since she's overboard on the current one.

DR = Yep. Definetely. SR, same.

Thinking I'll skip the teratomorph's ability and go for something more mindbendy.

She's fairly scary, though.

EDIT: You did slightly above expectations. I expected she'd be hit a lot, not for so much damage, and that she'd kill one of your guys from energy drain combined with internal bleeding in the first two rounds, so - very good job.

Her optimal strategy would be to word you, then mindshatter the remains. However, I played her in mindless form to keep it from going cheap. I do think her higher-level SLAs need more attention, though.
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2009-01-19 at 09:34 PM.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.