Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Shinigami Simplified

Shinigami

Hit Die: d8

Class Skills
    The Shinigami’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Concentrate (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Heal (Wis), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Arcana) (Int), Knowledge (Religion) (Int), Knowledge (the Planes) (Int), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Spellcraft (Int), and Tumble (Dex).

Skill Points at 1st Level: (4 + Int modifier) x4.

Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 4 + Int modifier.

Shinigami
    {table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|0lvl|1st|2nd|3rd|4th

1st|
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |Spirit Weapon|-|-|-|-|-|

2nd|
    +1
    |
    +0
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |Detect Undead|-|-|-|-|-|

3rd|
    +2
    |
    +1
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |Spiritual Empathy|-|-|-|-|-|

4th|
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    |Spells|3|0|-|-|-|

5th|
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    |Combat Sense +2|3|1|-|-|-|

6th|
    +4
    |
    +2
    |
    +5
    |
    +5
    ||3|2|0|-|-|

7th|
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    +5
    |
    +5
    |Spirit Weapon Lvl 2|3|3|1|-|-|

8th|
    +6/+1
    |
    +2
    |
    +6
    |
    +6
    ||3|3|2|0|-|

9th|
    +6/+1
    |
    +3
    |
    +6
    |
    +6
    |Undead Slayer|3|3|2|1|-|

10th|
    +7/+2
    |
    +3
    |
    +7
    |
    +7
    |Soul Burial|3|3|3|2|-|

11th|
    +8/+3
    |
    +3
    |
    +7
    |
    +7
    |Combat Sense +3|3|3|3|2|0|

12th|
    +9/+4
    |
    +4
    |
    +8
    |
    +8
    |Evasion|3|3|3|3|1|

13th|
    +9/+4
    |
    +4
    |
    +8
    |
    +8
    ||3|3|3|3|2|

14th|
    +10/+5
    |
    +4
    |
    +9
    |
    +9
    |Spirit Weapon lvl 3|3|3|3|3|2|

15th|
    +11/+6/+1
    |
    +5
    |
    +9
    |
    +9
    |Incorporeal 1/day|4|3|3|3|3|

16th|
    +12/+7/+2
    |
    +5
    |
    +10
    |
    +10
    ||4|3|3|3|3|

17th|
    +12/+7/+2
    |
    +5
    |
    +10
    |
    +10
    |Combat Sense +4|4|4|3|3|3|

18th|
    +13/+8/+3
    |
    +6
    |
    +11
    |
    +11
    |Improved Evasion|4|4|4|3|3|

19th|
    +14/+9/+4
    |
    +6
    |
    +11
    |
    +11
    |Incorporeal 2/day|4|4|4|4|3|

20th|
    +15/+10/+5
    |
    +6
    |
    +12
    |
    +12
    ||4|4|4|4|4|[/table]

0 Level Spells
    Acid Splash
    Cure Minor Wounds
    Dancing lights
    Disrupt Undead
    Flare
    Ghost Sound
    Light
    Ray of Frost
    Virtue

1st Level Spells
    Burning Hands
    Charm Person
    Chill Touch
    Detect Evil
    Expeditious Retreat (regular & swift / Swift- Cast Time. swift action, Duration. 1 round)
    Jump
    Know Direction
    Protection from Evil
    Remove Fear
    Shocking Grasp

2nd Level Spells
    Bull’s Strength
    Calm Emotions
    Cat’s Grace
    Command Undead
    Cure Moderate Wounds
    Detect Thoughts
    Gust of Wind
    Locate Object
    Melf’s Acid Arrow
    Rage
    Scorching Ray
    Spider Climb
    Tongues

3rd Level Spells
    Charm Monster
    Clairvoyance/Clairaudience
    Cure Serious Wounds
    Daylight
    Fireball
    Lightning bolt
    Haste
    Keen Edge
    Slow
    Magic Circle against Evil
    Remove Curse
    Wind wall
    Halt Undead

4th Level Spells

Cure Critical Wounds
    Death Ward
    Dimensional Anchor
    Dimensional Door
    Dismissal
    Dispel Evil
    Locate Creature
    Neutralize Poison
    Restoration
    Wall of Fire
    Wall of Ice

Class Features
    All of the following are class features of the Shinigami.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A Shinigami is proficient with all simple weapons and one weapon of choice and light armor.

Spirit Weapon: At 1st level any weapon that is wielded by a Shinigami is treated as having the Ghost Touch Property.

At 7th level a Shinigami must choose a weapon to bond with. Upon bonding the Shinigami may imbue this weapon with any weapon enhancements totaling a +2 bonus. This is in addition to the Ghost Touch property.

At 14th level a Shinigami’s bond with his/her weapon allows the weapon to gain additional enhancements totaling +3. This is in addition to the previous enhancements.

Spiritual Empathy: The shinigami can use body language, calming chants, and demeanor to improve the attitude of an undead or creature with the Spirit subtype with an Intelligence score. This ability functions similar to a Diplomacy check to improve the attitude of a person. The shinigami rolls 1d20 and adds his shinigami level and his Charisma bonus opposed against the target's Will save to determine the spiritual empathy check result. If the shinigami beats the target by 5 or more, the target's attitude improves one step. If the shinigami beats the target by 15 or more, the target's attitude improves two steps. If the shinigami beats the target by 30 or more, the target's attitude improves three steps. The typical undead creature has a starting attitude of unfriendly or hostile, while Spirit creatures are usually indifferent.

To use spiritual empathy, the shinigami and the target creature must be able to study each other, which means that they must be within 30 feet of one another under normal visibility conditions. Generally, influencing the target creature in this way takes 1 minute, but as with influencing people, it might take more or less time. While using spiritual empathy, the target creature is entranced with the shinigami and does nothing except stare at him, but any hostile action on the part of the shinigami or his allies breaks this trance.

Note that, in the case of undead such as a bodak, this might not be a particularly wise move.

Combat Sense (Ex): A Shinigami may designate a single opponent in combat. Against that opponent, the Shinigami gains a +2 insight bonus to AC and attack rolls. At 11th level this bonus increases to +3. At 17th level this bonus increases to +4.

Soul Burial (Su): Soul Burial (Su): A Shinigami who is adjacent to an undead or a creature with the Spirit subtype may attempt, as a full-round action, to release the spirit to the heavens. The Shinigami must make a diplomacy check against a DC equal to 10 + the creature's HD + the creature's Wisdom modifier. Hostile creatures receive a +8 bonus on this check, unfriendly creatures receive a +4 bonus on this check, and indifferent creatures receive a +2 bonus on this check. Mindless undead do not get this check; they are simply destroyed, their spirit released to the heavens.

An undead destroyed in this manner can be raised as though it were never undead, provided the spirit is willing.

Spells: A Shinigami casts divine spells, which are drawn from the Shinigami spell list. He can cast any spell he knows without preparing it ahead of time. To learn or cast a spell, a Shinigami must have an Intelligence score equal to at least 10 + the spell. The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against a Shinigami’s spell is 10 + the spell level + the Shinigami’s Intelligence modifier.

Like other spellcasters, a Shinigami can cast only a certain number of spells of each spell level per day. His base daily spell allotment is given on Table: The Shinigami. In addition, he receives bonus spells per day if he has a high Intelligence score. When Table: Shinigami Spells Known indicates that the Shinigami gets 0 spells per day of a given spell level, he gains only the bonus spells he would be entitled to based on his Intelligence score for that spell level.

The Shinigami’s selection of spells is extremely limited. At 4th level a Shinigami knows four 1st level spells of your choice. At most new Shinigami levels, he gains one or more new spells, as indicated on Table: Shinigami Spells Known.

Incorporeal: At 15th level a Shinigami gains the ability to go incorporeal once a day. At 19th level the Shinigami may go incorporeal twice a day. A Shinigami who uses this ability may transit between the Ethereal/Material Plane as is appropriate. For example, a Shinigami who uses this ability while on the Ethereal Plane crosses over to the Material Plane. This effect lasts until the Shinigami chooses to return to the Plane that the ability was initially used on OR until the Shinigami’s HP goes into the negative (unless he/she has the Diehard Feat!)

Evasion: See Rogue class description in PHB 3.5

Improved Evasion: See Rogue Class description in PHB 3.5

Undead Slayer: Functions as Ranger’s Favored Enemy ability except the bonus is +3 instead of +2.

Detect Undead: At 2nd level a Shinigami may use Detect Undead as a supernatural ability at will.

Ex-Shinigami: A Shinigami who changes to a prohibited alignment, or teaches the ways of The Order of Souls to a non-Shinigami loses all spells and Shinigami abilities (not including weapon, and armor proficiencies). He or she cannot thereafter gain levels as a Shinigami until he or she has atoned for his or her sin (see the atonement spell description).

Any suggestions about how to deal with spells known? Better definition for Spirits? How about the Spells type? I figured Divine considering, but this can be rather loose.

I was also thinking of letting them learn spells as a Wizard. Only the one's on the Shinigami's spells list. Would this be too much?
    Last edited by kyoten; 2009-01-02 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Clarification, Thanks go to all those who are providing advice.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Default Re: Shinigami Simplified

Seems a little underpowered but otherwise good. I'd either bump their spellcasting, especially in the buff department or give them some more combat oriented abilities.

Two other things. One: Why the non-evil? I would think non-good if anything. Two: They need wings.

Other than that nice job.
    To know that just one life has breathed easier because you have lived, that is to have succeeded.

Wonderful Faithatar by smuchmuch

My meager homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
    Chivalry (n): A willingness to find excuses to beat people up.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The spellcasting is limited due to the fact that they are for the most part physical combatants who fall back on certain magicks.

Can you provide sample ideas for buffers or abilities?

I was thinking of dropping the alignment prerequisite.

WINGS?! Why?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

If they're intended as combatants then pirit weapon should progress further than +3 and maybe some more abilities. As far as buffs, look at the cleric's list, they have all the really nice ones.

Wings: A:they're badass secondly, I've only seen Shinigami in the Deathnote manga but they have wings. Maybe I'm wrong.
    To know that just one life has breathed easier because you have lived, that is to have succeeded.

My meager homebrew

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

These are Bleach shinigami. They don't have wings.
    Witness my glory and know that when my darkness fades, if you yet live, it is because an ally does not.

AN EMPTY SPOT WITHIN MY CRAW CRAVES YOUR FLESH, YOUR BONES BLED RAW!
    YOUR FEAR! YOUR FEAR! SO SWEET! SO STRONG! TO TEASE MY TONGUE, YOUR LIVES ARE GONE!
    YOUR ODDS UNFAVORED, MY WEB TOO STRONG! SPEED WON'T NEGATE A LINE STEPPED WRONG!
    YOU DARE? DARE SMITE THIS AWESOME BEAST? YOUR FATES ARE SEALED AS MY NEXT FEAST!
    HEED THIS BECK AND HEAR THIS CALL! FIGHT ME STILL, YOUR WILLS SHALL FALL!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

Maybe you could think the acrobatics class ability like Blade Dancers in OA have, a scaling bonus to jump and tumble. Leap of the clouds wouldn't be bad too, considering some of the feats in the manga/anime.

Divine magic could work, psionics might be able to as well with the right flavoring and adding a verbal component.

I've really thought of the idea of basing them off ToB classes, but it would take some shuffling of things around and depowering in some areas to allow for their swords.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

Looks alright, though perhaps you should have specified whether it was Bleach or not.

If you want an alignment prerequisite, "Lawful" seems to make more sense than "Any Non-Evil."
    Click my banner and be taken to my Guyver conversion for D&D 4E!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi_Guyver View Post

Looks alright, though perhaps you should have specified whether it was Bleach or not.

If you want an alignment prerequisite, "Lawful" seems to make more sense than "Any Non-Evil."
    Yeah, my bad I meant a Bleach-style Shinigami.

I like the alignment requirement, but using Kenpachi as a counter would it still be fitting or would it be better to remove the alignment requirement all together?
    Last edited by kyoten; 2008-12-30 at 08:22 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Ah, gotcha, you may still want to give them some form of flight.

My meager homebrew

10. - Top - End - #10
    Firbolg in the Playground

Table and Format, its all on the Guide to Homebrewing in the forums section.

Aside from some obvious problems, like Ghost Touch at level one (thats giving your character a weapon thats 1250 gold at level one) the progression for its...not that great. +3 at level 14, not only that but you can only add a +1 one on to it, this ability is sadly underpowered.

Lets get to the rest, so flavor and the like. Why any nonevil? There were evil Shinigami in the series, plenty of them actually. Alignment restrictions are never good, let alone ones that are rather arbitrary.

Why do they all cast spells? Maneuvers are by far the best option, Kido users should be a PrC.

"Spirit Weapon" is way to broad, and again they should be using maneuvers, it fits the style of a Shounen manga/anime far beter then vacian spellcasting(Power Points fits better for actual magic but thats not the topic). Make them choose a weapon at level one they apply weapon focus to, and only that weapon. As they progress they get more feats for that weapon to make them better in combat with it, look at the chart in OA Samurai if you want them to be able to add enchancment bonus's to it.

Why evasion for all of them? Why Undead Slayer. Hallows are arguably not undead. Give them bonus's against spirit creatures, as its an actual subtype and is more in style with the series.

Not trying to be mean, trying to give an honest PEACH here. As written they arn't really Shinigami from any setting actual myth or anime/manga. As written they are vastly underpowered.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

I think this version of the Soul Burial works out better:
    Soul Burial (Su): A Shinigami who is adjacent to an undead or a creature with the Spirit subtype may attempt, as a full-round action, to release the spirit to the heavens. The Shinigami must make a diplomacy check against a DC equal to 10 + the creature's HD + the creature's Wisdom modifier. Hostile creatures receive a +8 bonus on this check, unfriendly creatures receive a +4 bonus on this check, and indifferent creatures receive a +2 bonus on this check. Mindless undead do not get this check; they are simply destroyed, their spirit released to the heavens.
    An undead destroyed in this manner can be raised as though it were never undead, provided the spirit is willing.
    I also agree about their Spirit Weapon needing to be... better. I'd go with the Samurai as a basis for what to work with. It still gets Ghost Touch for free, but the Shinigami can imbue it with m0r3 p0w3r. You could charge them a small amount of experience points or gold to get special abilities, but I'm thinking an enhancement bonus ought to come at a level progression (+1 at first, +2 at fourth, +3 at eighth, +4 at twelfth, and +5 at sixteenth).

Methinketh you'd be well-served to change the Undead Slayer to a progression. +2 vs undead at 5th, +4 at 10th, +6 at 15th, +8 at 20th, and so on a la Ranger. Either that, or evil outsiders with the Spirit subtype. Depends on what you want to call Hollows.

I disagree with Innis; unless you want to make a PrC (or say Kido users are multiclass casters), leave the spellcasting progression in. Then again, I don't know ToB maneuvers at all so I'm biased against them to begin with.

... I see nothing wrong with diverging from the source material to give them wings.
    My latest homebrew: Majokko base class and Spellcaster Dilettante feats for D&D 3.5 and Races as Classes for PTU.

Currently Playing
    Raiatari Eikibe - Ghostfoot's RHOD Righteous Resistance

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post

Lets get to the rest, so flavor and the like. Why any nonevil? There were evil Shinigami in the series, plenty of them actually. Alignment restrictions are never good, let alone ones that are rather arbitrary.

Why do they all cast spells? Maneuvers are by far the best option, Kido users should be a PrC.

Not trying to be mean, trying to give an honest PEACH here. As written they arn't really Shinigami from any setting actual myth or anime/manga. As written they are vastly underpowered.
    I'll scrap the alignment requirement

All shinigami learn kido! It's just that some are better at it than others. This would be represented by a higher Int score and feat selection. I'm trying to stay away from ToB, good book btw, because some DMs are weary of using Manuevers.

TY for your honesty!

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    I think this version of the Soul Burial works out better:

Soul Burial (Su): A Shinigami who is adjacent to an undead or a creature with the Spirit subtype may attempt, as a full-round action, to release the spirit to the heavens. The Shinigami must make a diplomacy check against a DC equal to 10 + the creature's HD + the creature's Wisdom modifier. Hostile creatures receive a +8 bonus on this check, unfriendly creatures receive a +4 bonus on this check, and indifferent creatures receive a +2 bonus on this check. Mindless undead do not get this check; they are simply destroyed, their spirit released to the heavens.

I like this version as well, hope there are no probs with me using it.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Aside from some obvious problems, like Ghost Touch at level one (thats giving your character a weapon thats 1250 gold at level one) the progression for its...not that great. +3 at level 14, not only that but you can only add a +1 one on to it, this ability is sadly underpowered.

"Spirit Weapon" is way to broad, and again they should be using maneuvers, it fits the style of a Shounen manga/anime far beter then vacian spellcasting(Power Points fits better for actual magic but thats not the topic). Make them choose a weapon at level one they apply weapon focus to, and only that weapon. As they progress they get more feats for that weapon to make them better in combat with it, look at the chart in OA Samurai if you want them to be able to add enchancment bonus's to it.

Why evasion for all of them? Why Undead Slayer. Hallows are arguably not undead. Give them bonus's against spirit creatures, as its an actual subtype and is more in style with the series.

Ghost Touch is a +1 enhancement meaning it cost 2,000GP + also in order to have an enhancement the weapon would need to be at least a +1 magical weapon on top of that. Thus the weapon would cost 8,000+GP (total wpn enh bonus x 2,000)

Don't have access to the OA Samurai class to reference.

Thinking about scrapping Evasion and Improved Evasion...

Any suggestion on how to balance out the weapon situation?

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

You could also try and make a homebrew class to represent the weapon masters or the weaponsfrom Soul Eater. The cap ability could be like becoming Shinigami like power for the masters and deathscythes for the weapons.

And it should have some decent mechanic for the master weilding the weapon...

Mmmm...

Someone should definetely do it (maybe me... maybe only )

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyros View Post
    You could also try and make a homebrew class to represent the weapon masters or the weaponsfrom Soul Eater. The cap ability could be like becoming Shinigami like power for the masters and deathscythes for the weapons.

And it should have some decent mechanic for the master weilding the weapon...

Mmmm...

Someone should definetely do it (maybe me... maybe only )
    Not familiar with it, but if you decided to HB i'd check it out.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

This is one of the protagonists (Maka) and her weapon partner (Soul)

This is Death the Shinigami in good times as a teacher...

...and in his true form

edit: sorry for derailing the thread
    Last edited by Zephyros; 2008-12-30 at 03:43 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18

The Meister would better be handled by a PrC, not only that but it comes with the same problems many have with Leadership and class's that grant you an aid character. Truely a new system would be best for it altogather.
    My Current Works

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kyoten View Post
    Not familiar with it, but if you decided to HB i'd check it out.
    Hrm. I'm not familiar with them, either, but think feats could handle the task?
    I'm pretty sure I'd go with feats for the whatchamacallits, when the Bleach-style Shinigami's weapon goes for it's "Final Form" type deal.
    Last edited by Solaris; 2008-12-31 at 03:27 AM.
    My latest homebrew: Majokko base class and Spellcaster Dilettante feats for D&D 3.5 and Races as Classes for PTU.

Currently Playing

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I'm pretty sure I'd go with feats for the whatchamacallits, when the Bleach-style Shinigami's weapon goes for it's "Final Form" type deal.
    I can't see how feats would represent the zanpaktous various effects. To my knowledge feats don't provide elemental damage bonuses, speed enhancements, defense bonuses (sans TWD), etc...

I'll concede that some feats fit the theme, such feats that grant skill bonuses.
    Last edited by kyoten; 2008-12-31 at 09:54 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Any suggestions on fixing the evasion/improved evasion situation? Can anyone provide me with info on the Spirit Subtype?

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by SilentNight View Post
    Seems a little underpowered but otherwise good. I'd either bump their spellcasting, especially in the buff department or give them some more combat oriented abilities.

Two other things. One: Why the non-evil? I would think non-good if anything. Two: They need wings.

Other than that nice job.
    No on the wings, fixed the Alignment issue.

The reason I cut back on buffs was because I have yet to learn of any buffing kidos. All of the one's i've seen were offensive or restrictive not buffing.

Should I change the spell type to Arcane instead of Divine. I picked divine for flavor, but I am starting to feel that Arcane is more accurate.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kyoten View Post
    I can't see how feats would represent the zanpaktous various effects. To my knowledge feats don't provide elemental damage bonuses, speed enhancements, defense bonuses (sans TWD), etc...

I'll concede that some feats fit the theme, such feats that grant skill bonuses.
    There's precedent for feats doing supernatural stuff (Dragonmarks, Exalted feats, etc). Then again, it doesn't really seem... necessary, with the progression you've got going.
    To stay truer to the source material, are you gonna require any kind of activation for the extra bonuses?

Hrm. Leave them as Divine casters. My recommendation (because MAD is fun for everyone!) is requiring Intelligence to learn, Wisdom for DCs and bonus spells/day.

Currently Playing

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

There's precedent for feats doing supernatural stuff (Dragonmarks, Exalted feats, etc). Then again, it doesn't really seem... necessary, with the progression you've got going.
    To stay truer to the source material, are you gonna require any kind of activation for the extra bonuses?

Hrm. Leave them as Divine casters. My recommendation (because MAD is fun for everyone!) is requiring Intelligence to learn, Wisdom for DCs and bonus spells/day.
    Trying to stay Core as much as possible since some DMs might not permit supplementals in their campaign. I didn't even think of Dragonmarks!

Yes, i'm going to require some kind of trigger any suggestions?

Why Wisdom to determine save DCs and Bonus spells/day. They learn through study not insight or divine connections?

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

I've seen this done before, and one of my suggestions for it would be to split this into at least 2 classes, one for Kido focused Shinigami, and the other for combat focused ones.

Also, their weapons should be considerably better then they are as written. The weapons (at least) should become +5 by 20th. On top of any special abilities granted.

Maybe instead of a pre-set list of abilities, you should have 'talent trees' similar to that of D20 modern and similar games. Or at least optional starting builds, eg. one with little to no spellcasting, but full BAB; and one with half BAB, but lots more casting ability. Also, I don't think they should get healing normally. probably as a PrC, as only one of the squads has shown any healing ability at all.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by MageSparrowhawk View Post
    I've seen this done before, and one of my suggestions for it would be to split this into at least 2 classes, one for Kido focused Shinigami, and the other for combat focused ones.

Also, their weapons should be considerably better then they are as written. The weapons (at least) should become +5 by 20th. On top of any special abilities granted.

Maybe instead of a pre-set list of abilities, you should have 'talent trees' similar to that of D20 modern and similar games. Or at least optional starting builds, eg. one with little to no spellcasting, but full BAB; and one with half BAB, but lots more casting ability. Also, I don't think they should get healing normally. probably as a PrC, as only one of the squads has shown any healing ability at all.
    Trying to stay in D&D ruleset not D20 Modern. Would a variant class option be better to deal with the spellcaster issue?

Feat requirement for heal spells? Something like this:

4th Court Guard Squad Training [Shinigami]
    Flavor text: Your specialized training on the bodies anatomy and psychology has taught you how to better aid those whom are injured, either physically or mentally.

Prerequisites: Heal 5 ranks, Shinigami 1st level

Benefits: You gain access to Calm Emotions, Charm Monster, Charm Person, Neutralize Poisons, Remove Curse, Restoration, and the Cure spells listed under the Shinigami spell list.

Normal: A Shinigami can't cast the above listed spells.

Still need help figuring out how to deal with the Weapon Progression issue.
    Last edited by kyoten; 2008-12-31 at 03:50 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

that feat sounds pretty good....might want to rename it "4th Court Guard Squad Training" to get the flavor right....

Actually, here's an idea...at first level, you pick which squad you're a part of. Then you get variant abilities based off of that choice. Eg. someone from the 11th squad gets full BAB, and power attack for example.

and as for the swords, how about you are able to trigger some spell either for a duration or as an attack. Haste for Ichigo's Bankai for example.

I'm not sure if you have anything in there already, but you might want to add something for Shunpo.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by MageSparrowhawk View Post
    that feat sounds pretty good....might want to rename it "4th Court Guard Squad Training" to get the flavor right....

Actually, here's an idea...at first level, you pick which squad you're a part of. Then you get variant abilities based off of that choice. Eg. someone from the 11th squad gets full BAB, and power attack for example.

and as for the swords, how about you are able to trigger some spell either for a duration or as an attack. Haste for Ichigo's Bankai for example.

I'm not sure if you have anything in there already, but you might want to add something for Shunpo.
    I like the feat name you suggested.

Can you provide me with a breakdown of the squads. Either post or PM me a list of squad number/ Capt./ Vice Capt./ and role. From there i'll see what I can do about Variations.

I like the spell-like zanpaktou ability, any other suggestions?

Shunpo...i've got a few ideas...where are those foundations...*goes searching*

29. - Top - End - #29

Wiki it, it will get you all the info you need
    My Current Works

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

I haven't been able to find much in the way of specifics (quite possibly because the specifics haven't been released yet)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...pers_in_Bleach
    This has a fair amount of info, mostly about the characters themselves, but there is enough info to make at least a couple 'starter feats' off of.

nothing off the top of my head on other spells...well....*hmmm*
    Hitsugaya probably has a nasty variation of cone of cold...or else that 'Freeze' spell.
    Ichimaru has something like bloodwind, that lets him make attacks at a range.
    Byakuya has a base of vortex of teeth, and some variations thereof for the other things he can do with his zanpaktou

I'd love to help build this class, as I enjoy both the show and designing stuff like this....so...yeah.