New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Dark Heresy - An Unroutine Inspection IC

Factory + Wolfe
    Spoiler
    Show
    Walking around the block of habs, you see the Factory for the first time. It's a lot bigger than you thought. It is mainly built out of large pieces of sheet steel, held together with pylons. The foundation is a crude form of concrete. The Factory, although large, appears to be one-story only and to the East end of the Factory you can see three large chimneys, two of which are producing smoke. To the West end of the Factory, you can see a truck with a container, next to what appears to be a hatch. Suddenly the hatch opens and a large crate is pushed out onto the container. The hatch then closes again and a driver hops into the truck's cab, starts the engine and roars off in the opposite direction to where you are.

As you approach the Factory, you notice two armed guards at the entrance to the Factory, which is two sliding doors on the Factory side facing you. (Do you wish to approach them Wolfe?)

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm no tactician, but wouldn't splitting up further be bad idea? At least the way we are now, we can cover each other's backs should things get rough. Let's try the subtle way.

Grabbing onto Mira's arm, she scrambles up onto the roof.

And remember, should an overwhelming force be sent after us, we can loop back to here through the hive - that way, any defence will be lessened.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Dwarf in the Playground

Scum Warehouse
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate Scribe View Post
    I'm no tactician, but wouldn't splitting up further be bad idea? At least the way we are now, we can cover each other's backs should things get rough. Let's try the subtle way.

Grabbing onto Mira's arm, she scrambles up onto the roof.

And remember, should an overwhelming force be sent after us, we can loop back to here through the hive - that way, any defence will be lessened.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Make a climb test please. Since the hab isn't that big and Mira will be helping you, I'll allow a +30 bonus)

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

[spoiler]Climb's a basic skill, isn't it? In that case, (1d100)[14] vs. 72. Hooray for disturbingly beefy sisters.[/spoiler

5. - Top - End - #155
    Dwarf in the Playground

Scum Warehouse
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the help of Mira, Esther easily climbs the hab and gets the same view as Mira.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Fall View Post
    Factory + Wolfe
    Spoiler
    Show
    Walking around the block of habs, you see the Factory for the first time. It's a lot bigger than you thought. It is mainly built out of large pieces of sheet steel, held together with pylons. The foundation is a crude form of concrete. The Factory, although large, appears to be one-story only and to the East end of the Factory you can see three large chimneys, two of which are producing smoke. To the West end of the Factory, you can see a truck with a container, next to what appears to be a hatch. Suddenly the hatch opens and a large crate is pushed out onto the container. The hatch then closes again and a driver hops into the truck's cab, starts the engine and roars off in the opposite direction to where you are.

As you approach the Factory, you notice two armed guards at the entrance to the Factory, which is two sliding doors on the Factory side facing you. (Do you wish to approach them Wolfe?)
    Wolfe approaches the guards and tells them who he is and why he should be let in. (sorry, my right ring finger was broken in a game of flag football and I can't type much with it broken)

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

:Arbites' Precinct:

Tyson turned to Ravina, "If that's everything, I'd like to get the frell out of here. I have a feeling our other friends might need us soon."
    Officer Renquist walked out through the Arbites' Station, saluting those troopers who appeared to have a higher rank than he did (although, technically, as an Acolyte he probably out-ranked them all), and giving a brief nod to the 'grunt' Arbiters. Tyson knew what it was like to be at the bottom of the rungs.

Tyson returned to the Limo, and told the Servitor to take he and Ravina to the factory.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

From a recess in her robes, Esther produces a deeply antique laspistol, flicks off the safety, then replaces it with a strange look - perhaps it isn't so strange, since she just had a man melt before her very eyes, his screams crumbling even as his vocal cords carbonised.

Instead, out comes a scourge whose thousand bladed heads repel the eye and somehow induce an awareness of how thin the back of the human skull is - a mere four milimetres of brittle bone, wouldn't you know. She handles this differently - this is familiar, this is a tool, this a simple object of many uses - threshing, mortification, and deep tissue damage alike are all simply learned applications of its simple physical characteristics, of its swing, of its pivot, of moments and levers.

Hefting this implement much as a clerk would heft a quill as the signatory of some doubtless important and highly-vaunted but nonetheless routine document, she turns in her crouch, her face now composed again, to Mira.

Lead on, Ms 'Steel-Heart'.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by drum-n-bass View Post
    Wolfe approaches the guards and tells them who he is and why he should be let in.
    Korland stands behind and to the right of Wolfe, his hand resting on his holstered laspistol, as the techpriest demands entry.
    Please note that this material is provided for informational purposes only and should not be considered medical advice or instruction.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Mira

Hefts the sister up and signals for her to stay low and to follow. She moves silently and low across the roof. to the point where she first looked at the guards.

I will set up here while you drop down over there. when you have crossed to the entrance I will follow. From here I can cover your movement and lay some suppression fire should it be needed.

Mira spits the last of a glob of sap. It hisses and she reaches into an inner pocket and scoops a chunk of sap from a small tin before depositing it in her mouth. She begins to adjust her helmet before clipping the chin strap into position and zips up her flak vest after placing her tin in her inner pocket.

Any questions?

She takes her gun off her shoulder and readies herself for potential combat.

crunch
    Spoiler
    Show

silent move:
    (1d100)[72]
    How far down is the ground from the roof?
    Check out my horrible homebrews

11. - Top - End - #161
    Dwarf in the Playground

Factory Team
    Spoiler
    Show
    The guards look a little surprised and look at each other briefly before one of them speaks into a micro-bead. Although he's trying to keep quiet, you hear pretty much what he says: "Sir? It's Gorgor. There's a few... people... here to see the records and ask a few questions.... Yes sir.... No sir.... Alright, I'll show them through." He stops his 'private' conversation and turns to his partner. "You stay here, I'll show these... people... to the owner." The other man nods. "Right this way please." The first man says to you, opening the sliding door of the Factory and leading you in.

The inside of the Factory is quite noisy. It's a large, one story Factory, although there are several gantrys above the main workfloor with armed guards walking across them keeping an eye on the workers. The workers all seem to be simple servitors, checking the Bolter Shells, working the machinary and moving things about. A couple of conveyer belts in the middle of the room carry Bolter Shells into another room which is behind a large steel divider to the West side of the room. The Bolter Shells are coming from yet another room to the East side of Factory, which is also behind a large steel divider. To those of you that have been Factory Dregs or grew up in an environment like this, you remember the long, painful hours, the terrible wages and the cruel overseers that came with a job like this. At least the workforce are servitors and feel little if any pain.

The Guard leads you through into the East room of the Factory. This appears to be the Furnace Room and two great furnaces roar with flames. A Furnace Worker inserts a pair of tongs into one of the furnaces and removes a bucket. He then moves over to a tray and pours liquid metal over the indented moulds, which you guess is how the Bolter Shells get their shape. In one corner of the room is an unlit furnace. The conveyer belts run in a complicated track before finishing at another end of the room where several servitors are placing more Shells onto the moving belt. The Guard continues to lead you through this room to a door near the unlit furnace. The Guard knocks and waits. You then hear a voice from inside cry: "Enter!" The Guard opens the door and beckons you inside.

The room appears to be the owner's office and the floor is covered with an exquisit rug. In the middle of the room is a desk and a chair. Sitting in the chair is a middle-aged man, who you presume is the owner; Turket Regg. There are pictures of famous Imperials and Saints lining the walls, as well as a few filling cabinets and a data terminal. On his desk is a picture with a young family on it. There is barely enough room inside to fit you, the guard and the presumed owner, inside. Once you are inside, the Guard shuts the door behind you and stands by it. The man in the chair looks up at you and says: "I am Turket Regg, owner of this fair Bolter Manufactorum. How can I help you?"

Arbites Precinct
    Spoiler
    Show
    The servitor begins to drive off, heading back the way you came. "Do you wish me to take you directly to the Factory or to the designated drop-off point?" Asks the servitor.

Scum Warehouse
    Spoiler
    Show
    (The ground is about 2.5m from the roof, I won't call a Fall test, since that's not very far to fall. Although, you failed your Silent Move test quite badly, I would recommend spending a Fate Point to reroll that, otherwise the Guards will be alerted to your presence)
    Last edited by Sgt. Fall; 2009-01-25 at 08:47 PM.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

may the emperor allow me to move on swift and silent wings so that his enemies may not know from where his wrath is delivered.

use one fate point to reroll move silent.
    (1d100)[50]

((not much better but then it is an opposed skill check.... against half thier skill if they don't have awareness))
    Last edited by crazedloon; 2009-01-25 at 09:59 PM.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

In the Limo
    Spoiler
    Show
    Actually, neither. Ravinia, who'd been lost in thought, interrupted before the Servitor could commence driving too far. Just pull over for a little, out of the way.

With that, she turned to Tyson

If we blunder in like a bull grox, we could well blow their cover. There's a reason to stick to the plan.

Though we have been quick. We should head back to the area. Just not the factorum. Yet.

Servitor, which is the closest "local" business, appearing on the data-slate, relative to both us and the factorum?
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

In Auromar, Histantos Illist, Aasimar Warlock.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Dwarf in the Playground

Scum Warehouse
    Quote Originally Posted by crazedloon View Post
    may the emperor allow me to move on swift and silent wings so that his enemies may not know from where his wrath is delivered.

use one fate point to reroll move silent.
    (50)

((not much better but then it is an opposed skill check.... against half thier skill if they don't have awareness))
    Spoiler
    Show
    You move across the steel roofs of the habs, trying to stay silent when part of a roof collapses in front of you, causing quite a bit of noise.

(That's true, although if you're being noisy that will help them find you. The Guards do have Awareness and have a Perception of 30, although you're being a bit noisy so the Guards get a +10 to find you. So, Base 40 VS (d100)[5] Throne preserve, they're on the ball today!)

The Guards, already aware of an earlier noise near the habs, go to investigate. "Oi!" One shouts. You don't know if he knows exactly where you are, but you know that he knows your there. (Bloody hell, that was a bit strange to type) "We know there's someone up there! Frak off before we frak you off!" He menacingly releases the safety on his gun. "Yeah!" The other one shouts, taking the safety off of his gun.

In the Limo
    Spoiler
    Show
    The servitor slowly grinds the car to a halt and turns to you in the passenger seat. "The Squeaky Cog, a Tavern, is the closest local business to the Factory. Do you wish me to take you there instead?" Replies the servitor.
    Last edited by Sgt. Fall; 2009-01-26 at 06:52 AM.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

Mira

Mira mumbles as curse to the emperor.

Sister now is the time you must choose. You can try and sneak across while I cause a distraction. You may join me in combat or you may run from this place. If you feel this is not your time to prove your combat worth to the emperor I suggest you run I will meet with you at the landing pad in an hour.

Mira quickly whispers to the sister. before un-clipping one of her makeshift grenades and unsheathing her devils claw. She began to judge the edge and the direction where the voices were coming from for distance.

crunch
    Spoiler
    Show

two half actions to ready weapons (if it matters since we arent in combat yet)
    how far away is the edge at this point, did the enemy come closer and if so how close to the edge of the hab did they get?

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

In the Limo
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, I...

Ravina then thinks, this is the Underhive. A Limo is going to stand out.

One of us had best be dropped off, somewhere nearby, whilst the other circles the area in the Limo. It'd be a good chance to talk to the Locals, find out if they know anything, but we don't need to draw attention yet.

You want to go, or shall I? I can dump my staff here, and hide my mercy blade, people won't know who I am. And I've enough thrones to buy a few drinks...

Spoiler
    Show
    The servitor is stopped off the road, right?
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

In Auromar, Histantos Illist, Aasimar Warlock.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Dwarf in the Playground

Scum Warehouse
    two half actions to ready weapons (if it matters since we arent in combat yet)
    how far away is the edge at this point, did the enemy come closer and if so how close to the edge of the hab did they get?
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Well, the habs are about 10m by 10m (although they're in a row, like a street, so length-wise it's a lot), but to the edge is probably 6 or 7m from where you are standing, just enough to hide you from sight if you crouch. You know that the two Guards are close (less than 50m), but you don't know exactly where or how close, since you've kept your head down to avoid being seen. Roll for an Awareness test if you want to find out their exact position.)

In the Limo
    The servitor is stopped off the road, right?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, it's pulled over to the side of the road, still in the mid-hive for now.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, it is my duty to stay.

Esther then falls silent. She's listening - the little clicks of weaponry on weaponry, the rasp of gang leathers against each other, and the breath and speech of the guards.

[/spoiler]I'll have a go with the awareness check. (1d100)[41] vs. Perception 41[/roll]. Milk that Perception ability for all it's worth![/spoiler]

19. - Top - End - #169
    Dwarf in the Playground

Scum Warehouse
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate Scribe View Post
    Oh, it is my duty to stay.

Esther then falls silent. She's listening - the little clicks of weaponry on weaponry, the rasp of gang leathers against each other, and the breath and speech of the guards.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll have a go with the awareness check. 41 vs. Perception 41[/roll]. Milk that Perception ability for all it's worth!
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Passed by a hair width....) It's now your sense of hearing that has it's time to shine and listening very quietly to the various sounds of the Hive, you locate the two Guards. They are about 11m to the upper-right of you, 2m from the edge of the habs. From the sounds of their breath, they are scanning the roofs for you, although if you keep your head down and stay quiet it's unlikely that they'll see you. They are very close to each other, about 1m seperates them. Both have safetys off and sound ready for a confrontation, something you can tell by the quiet jiggling of ammunition in clips. In fact, you sense that they are itching for a fight by the hurried and excited pace of their breathing. They are not moving. (They won't be Surprised).

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

Two of them. They suspect we're here. I'd place them ...

She waves her free hand at a point displaced by those coordinates that her hearing gave her, pausing at the furthest point to make sure that she wasn't on a path to become the worst artillery spotter ever.

... there. Be ready to act when they're down, because I suspect that a grenade will be audible to any interested parties ...

Spoiler
    Show
    Wow, I've been rampaging through poorly executed spoiler tags like some rampaging syntax despising monster lately. Sorry 'bout that.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

Mira

Sister how well can you throw? Since you have a better idea where they drop this on them and I shall follow it up with myself. I'll attempt to dispatch these two quickly and draw any others who may come. Out I will try to loose them and cut back here. You enter the side building while I distract them. If I do not return soon enough after a investigation meet me at the landing pad in one hour.

Mira keeping low hands the makeshift grenade to her companion. She makes a quick prayer to the emperor.

Get closer to the edge if you feel you can't make it to the guards but move back as soon as I am off the roof.

crunch
    Spoiler
    Show

the "grenade" shouldn't make to much noise though the combat should as it is a Molotov cocktail type of deal.
    also ready action to full attack charge off this roof into the group.
    just checking will this be possible. If I fail agility tests for the downward jump does it ruin the attack, or do I just take damage and finish the attack? And would I gain a hight bonus since I am coming down from a higher location?

22. - Top - End - #172
    Dwarf in the Playground

Scum Warehouse
    Quote Originally Posted by crazedloon View Post
    Mira
    crunch
    Spoiler
    Show

the "grenade" shouldn't make to much noise though the combat should as it is a Molotov cocktail type of deal.
    also ready action to full attack charge off this roof into the group.
    just checking will this be possible. If I fail agility tests for the downward jump does it ruin the attack, or do I just take damage and finish the attack? And would I gain a hight bonus since I am coming down from a higher location?
    Spoiler
    Show
    (The grenade explodes, as it has the Blast quality, although even if that were quiet I'm sure the Guards' screams would alert the others as they undoubtedly catch aflame. You'd have to ready the weapon you intend to attack with, although you could throw the grenade and ready your melee weapon in the same turn, then Charge next turn. At this distance, you'll be able to charge into either one of the Guards. As for the Agility test coming down off the roof, I wouldn't call one since the height is so small. Although, what you could say is that you dive off the roof into the Guards, almost like a jumping attack. And yes, you gain a +10 to WS under the Higher Ground Rule (pg. 199))

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Not a great throw, I'm afraid. However, if you were considering a diving charge ... ?

She hefts the scourge. Its weight feels good in her hands.

Spoiler
    Show
    Judging by what Fall says, I reckon we need to cause as much damage as possible, as quickly as possible, as quietly as possible. I say we both go for the attack from above, especially as Esther's much better at melee combat than ranged.
    Last edited by Illiterate Scribe; 2009-01-27 at 03:25 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

Mira

I was attempting to give you time to hide but if this is your day to fight then so be it sister I am glad to have you at my side.

Mira grins broadly. She spits out another glob and puts the grenade away.

Shall I lead the charge than? May the emperor protect us.

Mira lifts herself upright and charges towards the edge of the hab unit leaping at the guards bellow. She brings her blade down in a wide arc wielding it with two hands.

crunch
    Spoiler
    Show

charge +10
    high ground +10
    base: 40
    total: 60
    (1d100)[78]
    if hit damage
    (1d10+4)[8]

25. - Top - End - #175
    Dwarf in the Playground

Scum Warehouse
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mira's leaping attack, although magnificent, does not find it's mark and the blade slices mere inches from one of the Guards faces. You land slightly to left of the two Guards.

(Roll Initiative please)

Guard 1's Initiative:
    (1d10+3)[13]

Guard 2's Initiative:
    (1d10+3)[11]

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

initiative
    (1d10+3)[12]

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative = (1d10+3)[12]

Attack = (1d100)[69] vs 39+10+10=59 for (1d10+6)[9] damage.

As with her compatriot, Esther's blows fail to find a home as she overbalances the swing, ducking to compensate.
    Last edited by Illiterate Scribe; 2009-01-27 at 07:54 PM.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Dwarf in the Playground

Scum Ware... Slaughterhouse
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Ok, combat order is:

Guard 1 - Initiative 13
    Mira/Esther (Which ever one of you posts first, it won't matter too much) - 12
    Guard 2 - 11)

Guard 1's turn:

Growling, the Guard drops his Stub Automatic and takes out a knife. He then takes a slash at Esther.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Drop Weapon (Free Action, Stub Automatic)
    Ready Weapon (Half Action, Knife)
    Standard Attack (Half Action, Knife, Esther)

Guard's WS is 28. (d100)[61]

The Guard misjudges the distance between his blade and Esther's body and the knife passes harmlessly in front of Esther.
    Last edited by Sgt. Fall; 2009-01-27 at 08:55 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Mira

Turning her blade up in a arc bearing her full strength she aims for the second guard.

Spoiler
    Show

half action attack
    ws:40
    (1d100)[67]
    damage location
    (1d100)[58]
    damage
    (1d10+4)[7]
    Last edited by crazedloon; 2009-01-27 at 10:16 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Mira

As her blade sings past the guards head just missing and she shifts her weight to throw her shoulder into the guards body attempting to throw him off balance.

crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show

knock down as second half action:
    str 40:
    (1d100)[26]