Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Dark Heresy - An Unroutine Inspection IC

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Fall View Post
    Turket's Office
    Spoiler
    Show
    The guard's automatic fire forces Lucious to take cover and blocks Korland from moving across the room in front of the trap door. Bullets slam into the wall and door of the Office, alerting Gorgor. Who barges into the room, only to meet bullets flying past him at high speed and a gun pointed at him by Korland. (His Initiative is 5, as rolled a few posts ago. Although I'll rule that his turn is over with the barging in)
    As Gorgor steps out in front of him, Korland squeezes the trigger of his laspistol twice, cursing the name of Inquisitor Zephan under his breath.

Spoiler
    Show

Shot 1: (1d100)[3] vs 84(34 Base, +20 Aim, +30 Point Blank). Damage: (1d10+2)[7]
    Shot 2: (1d100)[45] vs 64(34 Base, +30 Point Blank). Damage: (1d10+2)[8]
    Please note that this material is provided for informational purposes only and should not be considered medical advice or instruction.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

Walking slowly up to the side of the large doors (giving Mira plenty of time to catch up), Esther puts a hand against the partially opened one, and holding an arm above and covering her head in a gesture that could be interpreted as allowing her eyes to adjust to the dark inside, stands on the threshold.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Dwarf in the Playground

Turket's Office
    Spoiler
    Show
    The first of Korland's shots hits Gorgor in the arm, the second in the body. Gorgor yelps in pain, despite his armour. It is now Lucious' turn again. Behind Gorgor, you can just make out a surprised Turket, wondering what to do now.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    So 15 damage from 2 shots. Gorgor has a Light Flak Coat (AP 2 to Arms, Body and Legs) and a Toughness of 3. Since both shots are taken individually, Gorgor takes a grand total of 5 damage, dropping him to 6 wounds (He's pretty tough).

4. - Top - End - #244
    Dwarf in the Playground

Scum Warehouse
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate Scribe View Post
    Walking slowly up to the side of the large doors (giving Mira plenty of time to catch up), Esther puts a hand against the partially opened one, and holding an arm above and covering her head in a gesture that could be interpreted as allowing her eyes to adjust to the dark inside, stands on the threshold.
    Spoiler
    Show
    No-one fires or attempts to grab or hurt Esther, although from what you can see through up-close to the partially open door is several men, about 5 that you can see, 1 of them armed with a Stub Automatic and the rest pipes, chains and bars, all looking at you with their weapons aimed at you. They move slightly back, as if to allow you entry and you are aware of several other men hiding to the sides of the door, just out of view. A voice speaks out. "Come in, come in. Welcome to our humble home. Please, step into the light." Someone flicks a switch and a single light shines down onto a small spot in the middle of the warehouse. The voice is charming and inviting. "Your friend will have to wait outside I'm afraid. Call it... a sign of good of will on your part."

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

Just before leaving, Esther turns and speaks to Mira. With her back turned, she quickly flicks her eyes right. The side door.

Those within have insisted that I go alone. Don't worry, I shall be fine. But please - keep yourself out of trouble ...

And with that, she turned and walked into the warehouse, hands outstretched to show that they were empty. Standing on the thin divider between light and darkness from the warehouse, she spoke, maintaining a clear, neutral, expressionless voice in the face of the somewhat worrying welcome.

I'd thank you for your hospitality. As a gesture of good will on your part - although I would understand your reluctance to do so - perhaps we can share this little mere of light? Should we be face to face, we lessen risk of being overheard - yes, even here, prying ear may hear us.

Regardless - to business. I presume that you are aware of a Mr Turket Regg. If I may - was it he who requested that you send a spotter to this Hive's Landing Spire Iota today, at a certain time? Please do not see my question as impudence, it is important for both our sakes.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Dwarf in the Playground

Scum Warehouse
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'd thank you for your hospitality. As a gesture of good will on your part - although I would understand your reluctance to do so - perhaps we can share this little mere of light? Should we be face to face, we lessen risk of being overheard - yes, even here, prying ear may hear us.
    "Hmmm... very well, raise the lights." Commands the voice. Someone flicks another switch and several lights in the warehouse flicker on, illuminating the surroundings.

Around you, in a circle, stand 8 men. 3 of them are armed with Stub Automatics, the rest brass knuckles, pipes, chains and bars. All of them are about 3m away from you and are aiming at you. The warehouse is a more of a homely tavern. There are a few chairs and tables with playing cards, dice, Amasec and packs of Lho-sticks on them, arranged around the room. There is also a few crates and shelves. Upon the shevles are a few trinkets and oddities. There is an empty weapons rack next to a table with various tools on it. In one corner of the room is a set of bunks. There is a set of stairs near the back of the warehouse leading up to a small raised platform and a balcony overlooking the rest of the warehouse. At the bottom of the stairs, on the wall, is a door, which judging by it's placement, is the sidedoor you noticed before. On the balcony are two men. One of them is leaning over the balcony looking over you. Judging by his clothes and his character, you assume he is the leader and also the owner of the voice. The other man stands behind him, his hands behind his back, almost patiently waiting for his leader to say something. You can just about make out a desk on top of the raised platform. You notice the leader has a rather elegant Handcannon holstered to his belt and is wearing much heavier leathers than the other men.

"Much better? No?" Says the man leaning over the balcony. He makes his way down the stairs, followed quickly by the other man.

Regardless - to business. I presume that you are aware of a Mr Turket Regg. If I may - was it he who requested that you send a spotter to this Hive's Landing Spire Iota today, at a certain time? Please do not see my question as impudence, it is important for both our sakes.
    By the time you finish, the man is standing about 6m away from you and about 6m from the sidedoor. The other man stands next to him. The other 8 armed men move slightly so that you can talk to their leader better, but still maintain the general coverage of a 3m radius circle. "I know of this man. Rumours amongst my men have told me that he and his Factory Guards take some of our men every now and then when they pass the Factory or otherwise. We had thought of raiding his Factory from time to time, but we would take too heavy losses and there is no guarantee we would get our friends back." The other men murmur and nod their heads, but still keep their weapons aimed at you. "We have no business with him." Continues the leader, somewhat bitterly. Several men spit on the ground. "The informant I sent to the Landing Area where you happened to land was not intended solely for you or your friends. For you see, we like to monitor the Landing Areas of this Hive. If our informant sees a ship or a group he believes may make us a decent sum of thrones he will let us know and we will intercept them and take their thrones or gear by force. He spotted you and thought you had plenty of thrones to 'spare' and so relayed that information to us. We got ready to make an armed mugging via ground car, but unfortunately lost contact with our informant before he could tell us where you were headed. We are not normally a murderous group and I am an honourable man. We always let peaceful victims go freely.... Unless their ransom can gain us extra thrones." Some of the men laugh at this. "So what is this danger you come to warn us about?" He asks. Suddenly he remembers the young man left outside. "I almost forgot!" He turns to the man behind him and tells him: "Tell the young one he can come back in." The man nods and walks around the circle of armed men up to the door and whistles. A second later, the young man rushes into the room and takes a generous swig of the nearest Amasec bottle. The other man returns to where he was slightly behind the leader.
    Last edited by Sgt. Fall; 2009-02-06 at 05:41 PM.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

Previous remark on ransoms notwithstanding, I see I've come to a reasonable place. More sense here than in many a Noble House, at any rate.

She chuckles. Maybe this was a peaceably solved problem.

Yes, the danger. It's not quite as bad as I thought - you were wise to stay away from our boltshell-making friend, and that you aren't unknowingly in his employ makes this all the more easy.

The Catachan outside, an assorted group of individuals right now combing Ignitus Prime, and myself represent certain interests. Off-worlder sorts. This Regg has ... well, what with his responsibilities, background, and the rumours you mention, become a possible risk. The stories that your men tell? They are indeed true.

There is a justifiable suspicion that Turket Reg is indulging - or worse - in Malefic Congress, or some form of Unsanctioned Empyreanism. Put in comprehensible Gothic? We reckon the bloody fool's at least a witch, and at most might be opening the door to all sorts of Emperor-cursèd nasties. If anything is imminent - which, quite frankly, the fact that we've been sent here suggests - then that's very bad news for everyone here.

To that end, would you mind if I grilled some of your men on these rumours? What they know could save lives, and would earn you the Emperor's blessing, together with some degree of official thanks ...

Having said far too much, with far too little time for any reasonable sorts to interject, Esther raises her eyebrows at the assembled gangers. They were good souls, all of them - they could do the Emperor's work without knowing it, for his plan was written in the hearts of all men ...
    Last edited by Illiterate Scribe; 2009-02-06 at 05:50 PM.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

Mira

This was no good she had lost sight of the sister and now was exposed for no reason. She begins to peer around seeing if there are any up windows or even what appears to be a sky light. This was no good at all.
    Check out my horrible homebrews

9. - Top - End - #249
    Dwarf in the Playground

Scum Warehouse Interior
    Spoiler
    Show

Previous remark on ransoms notwithstanding, I see I've come to a reasonable place. More sense here than in many a Noble House, at any rate.
    The leader laughs. "Then it may interest you to know that I am of noble birth, however I do agree with your remark. It is the reason I left my noble heritage behind, but please, I am getting carried away; do continue."

Yes, the danger. It's not quite as bad as I thought - you were wise to stay away from our boltshell-making friend, and that you aren't unknowingly in his employ makes this all the more easy.

The Catachan outside, an assorted group of individuals right now combing Ignitus Prime, and myself represent certain interests. Off-worlder sorts. This Regg has ... well, what with his responsibilities, background, and the rumours you mention, become a possible risk. The stories that your men tell? They are indeed true.

There is a justifiable suspicion that Turket Reg is indulging - or worse - in Malefic Congress, or some form of Unsanctioned Empyreanism. Put in comprehensible Gothic? We reckon the bloody fool's at least a witch, and at most might be opening the door to all sorts of Emperor-cursèd nasties. If anything is imminent - which, quite frankly, the fact that we've been sent here suggests - then that's very bad news for everyone here.

To that end, would you mind if I grilled some of your men on these rumours? What they know could save lives, and would earn you the Emperor's blessing, together with some degree of official thanks ...
    There are gasps from the men. "Ordo Hereticus? Ordo Malleus?" You see them mouth to each other. Some of them again spit. They then slowly begin talking amongst themselves. The leader asks for quiet, considering what you have said. "If what you say is true, then our friends, if still alive, are in grave danger. And... you are Inquisition?" He asks, somewhat caught off guard to his otherwise flawless noble charm. "It is no wonder, then, that you found our informant and slew the Guards with ease." The men tense up, but the leader ushers for calm. "In truth, I was planning to kill you after you told us what you needed to... but now it seems that would not be in any of our interests. It is truely a shame that they died." He speaks with utter confidence and calmness to these words. "As the leader of these men I hear most, if not all the rumours that they speak of. I will tell you what I have heard. But first, let us end this uneasy truce. MEN! AT EASE!" He orders. His men, slowly but surely, lower their weapons and move away from you, whisper to each other about what they've heard. "Your friend is welcome to enter. I'm sure they are just as eager to hear what I have to say as you are, so long as they are peaceful."

Scum Warehouse Exterior
    Spoiler
    Show
    Unfortunately, there are no windows or sky lights, although another chance at looking through a bullet hole might shed light on what is going on inside the warehouse.
    Last edited by Sgt. Fall; 2009-02-06 at 07:49 PM.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Orc in the Playground

Lucious Veridian

Spoiler
    Show
    Lucious fires two shots at Gregor. Ballistic skill of a 30+30 for point blank range. Shot 1 (1d100)[71] Damage if needed (1d10+2)[8]. Shot 2 (1d100)[52] Damage if needed (1d10+2)[3]
    Thanks to Kpenguin for the Superb Avatar.

Deathwatch Characters
    Sven Carlson, Alistayr
    Tristan Weylin, Mikael
    Master of the Forge, Hephaestus Faust, Gwain

11. - Top - End - #251
    Dwarf in the Playground

Turket's Office
    Spoiler
    Show
    (His name's Gorgor and do remember that you are Pinned (p. 196), meaning both shots missed because of the -20 to BS)

Despite the extremely close range of Gorgor, the effects of the guards Suppressive Fire leaves Lucious shaking, just enough to shake his aim off Gorgor and cause him to narrowly miss with both shots.

Trapdoor Guard's Turn:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Seeing Gorgor enter through the door and shot at by someone else, the trapdoor guard ascends the stairs to about halfway and takes a shot at Korland.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moving 1m up the stairs to see Korland (Half Move) and standard shooting at Korland (Half action). This guard's BS is 33+30 from Point Blank range. He needs 63 or lower to hit. (1d100)[19]. Damage, if hit, is (1d10+2)[3] Impact. He hits your left leg, but only 3 damage, which I suspect will do nothing to you.

Gorgor's Turn:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Seeing the desperation of the situation, Gorgor grabs hold of Turket's arm and runs, with him in quick tow, through the office and down through the trapdoor. They make it 2m down the stairs. (Full Move Action, and since Turket's Ag bonus is 2, they move 4m)

It is now Korland's Turn.
    Last edited by Sgt. Fall; 2009-02-07 at 05:39 AM.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

Esther looks pained. She really doesn't want to hear about the three dead men, but she knows that every reproachful glance she gets is a punishment from the Emperor for her bloodthirst. But to the matter at hand ...

I'll ... I'll leave it up to you to decide who we represent. But I guess the Sororitas junk toted around kinda obviates any attempt at hiding, huh?

An uncomfortable shift.

Thankyou again for your candour. I deeply apologise for the deaths of your men, and shall engage in penitence for their souls. My friends - your piece does you credit.

Finally, with raised voice, she calls out to her compatriot currently attempting a flank maneuver.

I think that you're invited in now, and the chances of dying are lessened.
    Last edited by Illiterate Scribe; 2009-02-10 at 01:21 PM. Reason: that lack of a return was bugging me

13. - Top - End - #253
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Fall View Post
    Turket's Office
    Spoiler
    Show
    (His name's Gorgor and do remember that you are Pinned (p. 196), meaning both shots missed because of the -20 to BS)

Despite the extremely close range of Gorgor, the effects of the guards Suppressive Fire leaves Lucious shaking, just enough to shake his aim off Gorgor and cause him to narrowly miss with both shots.

Trapdoor Guard's Turn:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Seeing Gorgor enter through the door and shot at by someone else, the trapdoor guard ascends the stairs to about halfway and takes a shot at Korland.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moving 1m up the stairs to see Korland (Half Move) and standard shooting at Korland (Half action). This guard's BS is 33+30 from Point Blank range. He needs 63 or lower to hit. (1d100)[23]. Damage, if hit, is (1d10+2)[7] Impact. He hits your left leg, but only 3 damage, which I suspect will do nothing to you.

Gorgor's Turn:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Seeing the desperation of the situation, Gorgor grabs hold of Turket's arm and runs, with him in quick tow, through the office and down through the trapdoor. They make it 2m down the stairs. (Full Move Action, and since Turket's Ag bonus is 2, they move 4m)

It is now Korland's Turn.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Actually, my toughness is only 2, and I hadn't imagined Korland was wearing armour atm...

Korland swore as he felt the bullet graze his leg, and turned to fire on the guard.

Spoiler
    Show

Half Action: Shot one (1d100)[23] vs 64, Damage: (1d10+2)[7]
    Half Action: Shot two (1d100)[86] vs 64, Damage: (1d10+2)[11]
    Last edited by R4ph; 2009-02-07 at 09:12 PM.
    Please note that this material is provided for informational purposes only and should not be considered medical advice or instruction.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

Mira

Hearing her companion shout Mira is unsettled this was to much of a trap the sister was to trusting. I guess it was up to her to save the foolish sister. She adjusted the shotgun swinging from her back so that it was at the right height to quickly grab. She swung the las rifle's strap and extended it so that she could aim properly without taking the strap off allowing it to fall from her hands and stay on her person. Then she checked her grenades and sword to see that they were not going to stick when she went to use them. This was not going to be easy, she scooped another fingers worth of sap out of her tin before replacing the tin and grabbing her rifle.

She stepped quickly walked to the double doors and swung one wide open with all her strength before leveling her gun and taking aim with it right at the man standing across from Esther. This would have been so much easier had they been on a more hospitable world like Catachan than she would only have to wound the dumb sons of b*****.

I suggest you step away from my companion lest you wish me to blow a hole in ya.

Mira breathed deep this was not going according to plan.

crunch
    Spoiler
    Show

half action to open the door
    half action to ready the rifle

15. - Top - End - #255
    Dwarf in the Playground

Turket's Office
    Spoiler
    Show
    The first of Korland's shots hits the stomach of the guard, causing him to lose his breath and unsettle the contents of said stomach. The other shot misses the guard and barely misses the feet of Turket as he and Gorgor retreat into the underground area.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Light Flak Coat (AP 2 to body, arms and legs) and Toughness bonus of 2, meaning he takes 3 damage. He is on 4 wounds now.

It's Lucious' turn now, although you are still Pinned. However, since the guard has ceased his suppressive fire, you can make an Easy (+30) Willpower test to overcome the fear and act normally. Otherwise you are limited to half-actions and have -20 to BS.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Dwarf in the Playground

Scum Warehouse
    Spoiler
    Show
    The men inside the warehouse rush for their weapons and aim them at Mira. The leader, amazingly, maintains his noble charm and chuckles."I see the Inquisition has drilled you well, young Catachan. 'Trust no-one.' And such. It is a wise lesson to learn." He takes in a deep breath and looks around at his men. "You are free to leave, if you wish to do so. There is no need for further violence, my men see enough as it is. Although should you need support in your investigation of this Turket..." Some of the men spit. "...I'm sure that me and these fine men can be of service to you. After all, they have taken our friends and we intend to rescue them, if possible. So what say you?" He asks.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

Mira

If you think we can work together than I suggest you get a small group of your best men and come with us. On your territory I can not trust your word but elsewhere we may talk and I may learn to trust you. I am not fool enough to think that allies are not an assets but as I see it we are not yet allies.

Mira does not lower her aim even when the others grab their weapons.

crunch
    Spoiler
    Show

full round aim action

18. - Top - End - #258
    Dwarf in the Playground

Scum Warehouse
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Very well. I will select the best of my men to help you in your investigation. Despite the circumstances as of late, perhaps we can learn to trust each other, for the time being anyway. Even though we appear as Scum to you, we do still hold faith in the Emperor and will not stand idly by while corruption and heresy consume our planet." From the sounds of things, the leader has chosen to lead the life of a Scum purely for the adventure and thrill, perhaps something he could not of had in a more noble environment. "What do you wish us to do?"

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

Pleased that bullets and las-blasts are not flying at the moment, Esther smiles. s

Those the secular power deems 'scum' are often nothing of the sort. It would be so easy, would it not, to dismiss all those who aren't blanketed by their spire's comforts as innately 'lower' - but a mistake. It was Thor himself who said that would 'steal from the plate of decadence to feed the mouths of the powerless'.

I would suggest that we locate the other members of our group to assess what we have found concerning the target's affairs - then a lightning strike, coordinated with the Inquisition's own, should be enough to ensure that any threat is nullified. Should events be progressing faster than we thought, then we may have to act with like haste.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Dwarf in the Playground

Scum Warehouse
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Very well. We can use some ground cars that I have at my disposal to speed our arrival. You men will accompany us. The rest of you stay here and await our return. Have medical supplies at the ready, in case we bring back injured." He points to four men, two of them with Stub Automatics and the other two with melee weapons; one with a pipe and the other with a metal bar. The leader walks over to the main doors and stops just short of leaving. "Shall we?" He asks, gesturing to the door.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

Your aid is a great help, sir. We've got a pair of options - either we join up with our allies at the Squeaky Cog, or we go in via the sewers. A frontal attack is a possibility, but may compromise what we've worked for. The latter might be more suitable to our present situation - would it be possible to burst in from underneath the factory, and thus make our entrance? From there, it would be possible to locate evidence of Turket's heresy, or lack thereof, as the Emperor would have it.

All this time, Esther has been unnaturally loquacious, spouting off with clarity and altogether unnatural reasonableness scripture from the Imperium's greatest saints, plans of action shamelessly cribbed near-verbatim from stories told to her by Sisters far outstripping her in age and wisdom, and little tidbits of phatic small talk. But this isn't her, this is her training, and the dregs of adrenaline speaking. The facade cracks - ever so slightly - as she turns to face her benefactor. She fumbles awkwardly, while replacing her head-wrap.

But first ... er ... may I ... ? It will be quick ...

A candle, of the sort used in Ecclesiastic blessings, rests in one outheld hand.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

Mira

Mira has not lowered her rifle even as the plans seem to be coming together.

I suggest you call your cars. We are going to the sewers their words are enough to convince me that our targets actions are not quite in line with the emperors will.

Mira keeps a watchful eye on everyone in the room and now on the sister as her condition seems to suddenly change.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Dwarf in the Playground

Scum Warehouse
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The sewers would seem to be the more appropriate approach to this situation. Not to mention better tailored to the talents and armaments of my men." Replies the leader. Upon seeing the apparent intentions of Esther, the leader nods and asks politely: "May I join you in prayer? It seems only appropriate that I bless my men with good luck and fortune."

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Striking a light off one of the girders that lined the warehouse, Esther lights the candle and sets it down upon the floor in the middle of the group. It's clearly an-oft repeated gesture. When others have put themselves in a state of prayer, she begins whispering, as her own prayer as much for a communal one. There's a quiet, fierce, feeling to her words.

We have seen the Emperor's truth; we have seen and we know that people can live in adoration and awe of him without losing the power of living on earth.

We will not and cannot believe that evil is the normal condition of mankind.

And it is just this faith that the perils of the world, of beyond the world, of the spirit. But how can we help believing it?

We have seen the truth, the Light of the Light of man — not as though the darkness of a cracked mirror, we have seen it, seen it, and the living image of it fills our souls to the ground of our beings, for ever. May it be with us now.

She stands, slightly bleary-eyed.

Let's go.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Dwarf in the Playground

Scum Warehouse
    Spoiler
    Show
    The leader nods and leads you outside the warehouse through the main doors. He is soon followed by the 4 men he picked out earlier. He heads over to the 4 ground cars you saw a while ago and hops into 1, starting the engine. The other men each pick a car and take the driver's seat, with 1 of them riding shotgun in the passenger seat of another.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Orc in the Playground

Lucious Veridian

"They have our adept down there.".
    Lucious said to Korland.

Spoiler
    Show
    Willpower roll (1d100)[90] need a 71 or less
    Thanks to Kpenguin for the Superb Avatar.

Deathwatch Characters
    Sven Carlson, Alistayr
    Tristan Weylin, Mikael
    Master of the Forge, Hephaestus Faust, Gwain

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

Mira

Mira stood away from the group as they prayed it was not her way to pray so openly to the emperor. Her prayers came in the form of the short words she exchanged before a fight or before a vital shot and it had served her thus far no need to waste the emperor's time with such needless prayer.

As the group stood and exited towards the car Mira still eyeing all the men followed the leader into his ground car and taking the position of shotgun. She looks around at the inside before beginning a thorough check of her las rifle and shotgun.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

Following Mira, Esther overtakes the leader at the last moment, Mira in tow, nominally trying to 'corner' him with her personal space before he enters the car.

I apologise for my impudence, but ... we realised that haven't even been introduced; to know to whom our thanks rest would be a great honour.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Dwarf in the Playground

Turket's Office
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fear grips Lucious and he is unable to come out of cover to fight the guard. (You can still take Half Actions, but you cannot shoot or move close to the trapdoor guard.)

Guard's Turn
    Spoiler
    Show
    With Gorgor and Turket running for the underground, the guard quickly follows them, apparently deciding to stick with an ally while under fire.

(Full Move Action, Ag Bonus = 2, so he moves 4m down the stairs into the underground area. He is still visible from the top of the stairs, but only just. Just to clarify, the stairs head down for about 5m, then make a smooth turn right. The stairs then continue for about 10m until they stop at the underground area.)

Gorgor/Turket's Turn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gorgor and Turket continue to make their way down the stairs, disappearing from view round the corner.

(Full Move Action, Ag Bonus = 2, so 4m. They are 1m round the turn of the stairs)

It's Korland's turn again.

Scum Warehouse
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Novus Flavion is my actual, noble name. Although my men like to call me Flair, Boss or Sir." He chuckles. "And what would your names be?" He asks.

(So Mira's riding shotgun with the leader, Esther where are you going to sit? With the leader? Or maybe you want to drive?)

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

Esther levers herself into the lead car. It's more comfortable than she had expected, less comfortable than that limo had looked, and travelling by automated vehicle is no more pleasant an experience than it had been on the journey over here.

Well, Flair, I was given the name of Esther back on my home-world. Long way away, long time ago now ...