New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Evolight Inner Plane

Khiir, Group 3, Turn 1 Wrap-up, Eliyanna Shadran

"Listen close, Khiir. Strongbeast are large. Strongbeast are strong. But Strongbeast are not smart. Khiir do not have to kill Strongbeast to defeat it. Khiir must be smarter than Strongbeast. When a Strongbeast finds the pack, run away from the nest. Save the young Khiir first. Then, split up slowly. Make the Strongbeast chase less and less Khiir. Then, when down to just one Khiir, one Khiir can hide well. Look in trees, bushes, holes in ground. Strongbeast will not chase just one Khiir for very long. Then all will be good. Think and learn from me, Khiir. I must go, but I will think on the Strongbeast problem and give even better answers when I come again. Think, plan, improve. Together we shall end the Strongbeast trouble!" With that, Eliyanna Shadran quickly scurries back into the forest, rapidly hiding herself from view before disappearing. She had others to visit.

((Spend 1 Teaching Point aiding Stealth))

Coleoidea, Turn 1 Wrap-up, Eliyanna Shadran

"Remember what I have taught you, young one. Practice it. Teach it to others. I shall return when you have done so." With that, Eliyanna hides herself again and disappears. She sensed something great was on the horizon.

((Spend 1 teaching point aiding Camoflage))

Turn 2.1, B1, Point of Interest, Eliyanna Shadran

Eliyanna Shadran returns to the world, pondering what to tell her chosen beings. "Ah well. I'll figure it out in due time. First, I need to figure out what that strange point on the map was. If I'm right, it should be somewhere around here..." Then, she sees it....
    Last edited by Jerian_Rumple; 2009-01-29 at 10:11 AM.
    Seek ye not the source of honey, lest ye find it.

-The True Jerian Rumple

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Khiir pack 3, Turn 2

This pack is having vastly more success than others in dealing with the Strongbeasts. The strategy Eliyanna outlined, while counter to the Khiir's aggressive nature, has proven effective already in preventing casualties amongst the pack. After the first couple times seeing it work, and seeing all the Khiir meet back up, alive, if tired, Master Viikh praises Eliyanna's strategy, and most of the pack echoes his respect. Some of the newest generation of Khiir are unhappy, those who were too young to remember the Other's visit, and think that the Khiir should instead fight the Strongbeasts. Master Viikh, however, will brook no such disobedience, and for now, they run.
    Last edited by Dr Bwaa; 2009-01-29 at 06:09 PM.
    For people who enjoy reading or writing.

Spoiler
    Show

Awesome banner/avatar by El_Frenchie!

Play chess? Look me up! (bwaa)

Formerly known as lordhenry4000

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC: Whoops, missed you there, Jerian.

Turn 2.1, B1, Point of Interest, Eliyanna Shadran

As Eliyanna moves through the jungle, she arrives at the indicated location. There, she beholds a strange circular object sticking on one of the branches.

It seems to be an expertly made bracer. It has a nice pattern on it, which seems to shimmer.
    If Eliyanna were to try and pull the bracer off the branch, she would fail. It seems stuck as she pulls, though there are no visual cues on how it would be stuck.
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2009-01-29 at 06:20 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Halfling in the Playground

OOC: I think you've missed me too, Zweans. My last post had Dimos trying to locate another POI.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground

Turn 2.1-2.2, B1 and B3, Eliyanna Shadran

Eliyanna climbs the tree slowly, less agilely than a spider should in all honesty. Climbing up to the branch, she looks over the bracer that is currently too large for her legs, even all the way at the tops of them. "Huh. Odd. I wonder if..."

With that, she bites the bracer and tugs at it with her mouth. After spending about half a minute on that, she gives up. "Useless spider body. Hmm, I wonder what is at some of those other points?" Slowly she fades from view.

After a brief stop in the Outer Plane, during which she discovered that two of the other points had been disturbed, she decided to go to the last remaining point, out in the unprotected expanse of the plains...
    Last edited by Jerian_Rumple; 2009-01-29 at 06:49 PM.

-The True Jerian Rumple

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC: Yes I did not notice Dimos' visit to 2C, but even if I had, I would not have replied. 2C has been approached by Brisivous. I am not going to repeat what is there for each Immortal visiting it, look at previous responses if the location is visited. The pictures should be a dead give away to which posts they are.

Turn 2.2, B3, Point of Interest, Eliyanna Shadran

As Eliyanna walks, she notices a small stream leading to a pond. The shallow pond has vegetation around it and even a few trees. Under one of the trees, a hanging tree, something seems to shimmer. Approaching, she will see a translucent white orb laying on a stone. It seems to have some white light around it, setting it apart from anything natural.

Similar as the last, if Eliyanna tries to move the orb from the rock, it will not move. Not even an inch of movement is possible with Eliyanna's efforts. Which is odd, since the rock seems slippery from the water.
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2009-01-29 at 06:47 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Pixie in the Playground

Turn 2.4, Perivigilo, 1A
    The birth rates of the three clans left in the mountains have significantly declined, but both the Twomoons and Darkhide clans are still growing. Partly because of desperation for more moonlight, and partly to avoid the increasingly frequent hunting skirmishes, the Darkhide clan moves east, to the forests.

8. - Top - End - #68

OOC: D'oh, you're right. I screwed up. I meant for him to go to one of the non-explored ones (which would be B1 now I suppose). Is it okay if I edit the post or should I roll with it?

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

((OOC: I just finished exploring B1 lol sorry. It's the one with the bracer up a few.))

-The True Jerian Rumple

10. - Top - End - #70

OOC: Oh, snap. My attention isn't what it should be. I got to get to a seminar now but I'll edit my last post into something fitting later.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

End of Turn 2, Start of Turn 3

All the points of interest have been explored and now, one has disappeared as Dimos has taken the object that lay on the location.

Map

OOC: Next turn will start in 3 full days.

Sorry for the missed movement, GreenDelusion.
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2009-01-31 at 01:08 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

Eliyanna Shadran, Turn 2 Wrap-up

Having discovered yet another strange object that she couldn't move, Eliyanna retires to the Outer Plane in a huff. She spends the remainder of the turn puzzling over the artifacts and watching the races and other Immortals through the viewing pool.

Turn 3.1, Eliyanna Shadran, Khiir Pack 3, 3C

Eliyanna returns to the pack that she had for so long forsaken. She waits until the pack returns from the hunt, and then her voice echoes out through the trees where she has hidden herself. "Viikh! Master Viikh of the Khiir. I, the Other Eliyanna Shadran, return. I have felt your pack in my heart, and I have returned to thank you. If you would I would speak to you and the Khiir again."

-The True Jerian Rumple

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tumulose, 2.END
    It has been a rather peaceful time for the Tumulose. Some meandered their way to a new land, but despite it's less fertile nature, it was essentially the same that they had seen before. Really, there were no great advancements throughout their species. The peaceful life has maybe helped the Tumulose to live slightly longer and healthier lives, and for some their shells seem to be slightly thicker than they used to be, but very little else has happened. No immortals returned to them, no new threats presented themselves, and really, nothing interesting happened.
    Spoiler
    Show
    EP:
    Fiberization +1->4
    Shell +1->4
    Body+2->5(age 2 now)
    Faster than a speeding wombat, more agile than a drunken Giraffe, able to leap off tall buildings in a single bound, it's PANTSMAN!!

14. - Top - End - #74
    Pixie in the Playground

Turn 2 END, Perivigilo

The Perivigilo are beginning to explore their world, moving away from their mountains in search of more moonlight. As a result, their wings have grown stronger, and they have become better able to extract nutrients from the failing moonlight.

EP Expenditure
    Spoiler
    Show
    Body +1-->3
    Gliding +1-->3
    Lunar Feeding +2-->3

((Also, the Darkhide clan (40 Perivigilos, or 1.25 Pop Units) moved to square 1B. Did you miss that, or are they still moving?))
    Last edited by GreenDelusion; 2009-01-31 at 12:48 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75

Turn 3.0, Point of Interest, 2C, Dimos

After managing to locate another one of these strange objects, this time a sword seemingly stuck in the ground, Dimos noticed that it appeared as if someone had already tried to loosen the sword. Apparently unsuccessfully but perhaps it could make his own attempt easier?

What had worked once before might work again, he decided and took a firm grip of the sword, in case it behaved like the scarf once free, and placed his other hand on the ground beneath it.

"Mistress, please aide me once again..." He mumbled as he blasted lightning straight into the ground.

OOC: Dimos' attempt to meet with the other immortals is still on, probably at 3.1 or so. This is just a little detour.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Turn 3.0, 2C, Point of Interest, Dimos

And so, by blasting the ground, the sword got looser until eventually, it just fell down, no longer being able to be kept up by the earth. Dimos was not able to stop the blade from falling, as during its fall it felt heavier than anything he had ever felt before. The sword fell to the ground and was now lying on rock. Dimos could not lift it from the ground.

17. - Top - End - #77

Turn 3.0, 2C, Point of Interest, Dimos

After attempting to lift the sword for quite a while without any success Dimos began realizing that he wouldn't be able to do so. Not right now, anyway. But he certainly could hide it, if he couldn't have it, none of his peers would either. Not without his permission anyway.

Before hiding it though, he made a last attempt to lift it. But not through sheer physical force but by lightly touching it and trying to master it spiritually.

If that did not work, he would cover it up in mud, dirt and plants, along with the place where it had stood, doing his best to hide it from anyone's sight.

18. - Top - End - #78

Khiir, Turn 2 Wrap-up

The Khiir have continued to swell their numbers, where packs once consisted of a mere fifteen individuals, some are now as big as twice that. This has come about largely as a result of vastly increased ability to hunt and kill prey, inspired by the newer generation's proficiency with Flaming. The creatures of the forest have begun to recognize the sounds of the Khiir language, however, and begin fleeing before the Khiir even get there, so all packs have developed some small sense of stealth while sneaking up upon a herd of prey. These groups, adapting to their newer, stronger Flaming abilities, have developed new, more effective strategies for taking down prey quickly and efficiently.

Among most packs of Khiir, the Strongbeast still reigns as a terror of the wood. Pack 3 has had much success in escaping through the strategy that one Other Eliyanna Shadran taught them long ago; though fewer and fewer of the pack even remember her, they all are taught her lessons.

Pack 14, Khoraag's pack of Strongbeast-hunters, has had remarkable success, through a combination of brash luck and true skill. By Khoraag's lead, the pack has learned much about the Strongbeasts themselves, and has killed several of their nesting Young, while the skin is still soft. They must still hunt other prey for sheer survival, but one effect of their hunting of the Strongbeasts is that, in this region, the beasts have begun to view the Khiir with some wariness. They will still hunt the Khiir, but Khoraag has assured his pack that the frequency of Strongbeast attacks has lessened. While Khoraag and his pack view this as vindication of their lifestyle, it has done nothing to help those Khiir they left behind (in C3).

Turn 3.1, Pack 3, Eliyanna Shadran

A Khiir steps forward as the rest of the pack gathers respectfully behind him. He is tall, and his fur is extremely dark in color. When he speaks, his voice is unmistakably that of Master Viikh, though the Khiir doesn't look the same. He is larger, and his fur much darker than the last time she saw him. "Other Eliyanna Shadran," he says, "Come out of your hiding-place! I will speak with you once more!" Once Eliyanna Shadran shows herself, Master Viikh grunts with approval. "Good! Your lesson was well-learned, and my pack avoids the Strongbeasts now, most of the time. What is it you wish to talk with me about, Other Eliyanna Shadran?"
    Last edited by Dr Bwaa; 2009-01-31 at 08:25 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

Turn 3.1, Khiir Pack 3, Eliyanna Shadran

Eliyanna comes out of her shadow to stand once more before the Khiir and Master Viikh. "Now, Master Viikh, I want to speak to you of two things. First. I have thought on the problem of the Strongbeast, and I think I know how to end the problem for all Khiir. Second, however, is more important. You must spread what I teach to all Khiir in order for it to work. I am here for the benefit of all Khiir. You are my chosen pack, and I will always pick you over any other Khiir, but the other Khiir must know. They must know about how to hide, and the new trick I will teach you today. Do you understand?"

-The True Jerian Rumple

20. - Top - End - #80

Khiir pack 3, Turn 3.1, Eliyanna Shadran

"I understand," says Master Viikh. "What do you have to teach me? How do I teach other Khiir? I stay in my territory. They stay in theirs. We do not talk to them; how would we teach?"

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

Turn 3.1, Khiir Pack 3, Eliyanna Shadran

I am here. Other Others are too. It is a time of change. You must go to the other territories and talk to them. Do not go to take control. Go to help. It will take many, many Khiir to stop the Strongbeasts. More than your pack. This is for all Khiir. I do this to help all Khiir. As for what I teach, listen well..."

Eliyanna goes on to describe a plan similar to the one being used already by the renegade pack, although she doesn't know it. To hunt the Strongbeasts would take a whole pack using her plan. Once a Strongbeast nest was located, about half the pack would become visible to the Strongbeast guarding the nest. As it charged off to defend its nest, that half would use Eliyanna's original strategy to avoid casualties. Meanwhile, the other half of the pack would descend on the nest and kill all the young Strongbeasts. If the nest had more than one guardian, the pack would be split into thirds, and so on. In short, Eliyanna proposes a way to wage all-out war on the Strongbeast population, using deception, trickery, and guile.

"Now please, Master Viikh, take your Khiir to the other territories. I will go with you as long as I can. We shall teach the other Khiir together."

-The True Jerian Rumple

22. - Top - End - #82

Turn 3.1, Khiir pack 3, Eliyanna Shadran

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    for simplicity I'll say that it takes about 0.1 turn to travel between packs.

Master Viikh considers Eliyanna's plan as she puts it forward. Some of the Khiir behind him are clearly frightened; some are not; many begin talking during her presentation and Master Viikh has to tell them to be quiet (which they immediately do). After she finishes, he says, "Can we eat Strongbeasts? Are you sure it works, Other Eliyanna Shadran?"

Assuming she assures them of these things, Master Viikh declares that the rest of the night be spent searching out a Strongbeast nest, and that tomorrow they will attempt Eliyanna's strategy.

It takes two days to find a nest, but once they do, the Khiir spring into action very well. Half of the pack, led by a Khiir named Jool, stands near the nest and begin shrieking, waking the Beast immediately and it shortly charges its foes. It soon becomes evident that Strongbeasts are not well-suited to hunting at night, as the Khiir escape easily and Master Viikh and the rest of the pack fall upon the two young Beasts left behind. Their Flame pierces the young hide, and the Beasts are slain. They are big, though, and as Eliyanna advises the Khiir to take them out of sight of the nest, they only have time t move one of the dead young before the crashing, stomping sounds of the adult Strongbeast return--followed shortly by a terrifying howl whine. There is a moment of fear as it seems that the Strongbeast may be able to smell out the Khiir, but its senses are either too dull or too overwhelmed to be of use, and the pack is fed for the night upon the Strongbeast young.

On the return home, Master Viikh tells Eliyanna that he is convinced. "We will travel, soon, to another Pack," he declares. We shall teach them to fight like us, and they will fight the Strongbeasts for us!"

3.2, Packs 3 and 8

The next night, the pack begins a short journey West, and after a few relatively uneventful nights of hunting ad resting, Master Viikh raises one claw and the pack stops. "We are entering another pack's territory now. Everyone stay alert." They continue moving, slightly slower, and it is not until the next evening that Master Viikh raises a claw again. "Stop. They are very close by." He calls, then, into the forest. "Khiir! Khiir, we come not for your food! We bring the Other Eliyanna Shadran to teach you to defeat the Strongbeasts!"

Out of the forest, then, materialize an entire pack of Khiir. One, with much lighter fur than Master Viikh's and a deep blue foreplate, steps forward and addresses him. "You are wise to declare intentions forthrightly, Elder," says the Khiir. He is smaller and leaner than Master Viikh; his voice smooth and soft. Yet, he holds the attention of all the assembled Khiir, looking across at each other from behind their respective Masters. "Had you not, you and your pack would have been killed. What is an Other Eliyanna Shadran? How can it defeat the Strongbeasts? Show me!"

Master Viikh pulls himself to his full height. "I have come with helpful information for you and your pack. You would do well not to attempt to command me. I am Master Viikh. What is your name, Young Master?"

"I am Master Brii. And while you are in my territory, Master Viikh, you will do as I say, or you and your pack will be asked to leave at once." Master Brii parts his lips ever so slightly, now, and blows a long, steady stream of fire into the air between the two Pack Masters. "Do I make myself clear, Master Viikh?"

Master Viikh takes a step back. "Of course, Master Brii. I will respect your word for as long as I must remain in your land. Now, Other Eliyanna Shadran, if you will step forward to speak with Master Brii."

Once she does, Master Brii glances at her briefly, then says to Master Viikh, "What is this, but a large spider? How can it help me to defeat Strongbeasts?"
    Last edited by Dr Bwaa; 2009-02-02 at 02:06 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

End of Turn 3, Start of Turn 4

Time flies by, as usual.

OOC Next turn will start in 11 hours and 3 full days.
    And yes, same map as last turn. Coleoidea will be replaced if/when a new species is accepted.
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2009-02-04 at 03:02 AM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

Turn 3 Wrap-up, Khiir Territory, Eliyanna Shadran

"Listen close, Master Brii. I have discovered a safe way to end the problem of the Strongbeast. It has been tested and found to work by Master Viikh and his pack. However, we must teach it to all the Khiir for it to truly work well, and end the problems of the Strongbeast. That is why we came to you. Will you listen?"

Assuming Master Brii listens, Eliyanna teaches the same technique to the new pack. Eliyanna will continue her travels with Master Viikh until Turn 3.8. After Turn 3.8, she turns to Master Viikh.

"I am sorry, Master Viikh, but I fear I am needed at my home. I promise to return to the Khiir soon. We have done much to aid the Khiir. You, friend, have done well." After his reply (if there is one) she scurries off into the forest and dematerializes to the Outer Plane.

((Spent 1 TP on Hiding and Sneaking))
    Last edited by Jerian_Rumple; 2009-02-05 at 11:06 AM.

-The True Jerian Rumple

25. - Top - End - #85
    Pixie in the Playground

Turn 3 END, Perivigilo
    Nothing has really changed for the Perivigilo, on the whole. Their wings have grown stronger, and their sight has improved.

The Twomoons clan has changed leadership. Moon's Gift, the elder of the two albinos, has died, and Secondmoon is no longer young. However, a new albino was born recently, and Secondmoon, always a very radically inclined perivigilo, has been shaping this new leader towards his philosophy.

EP Expenditure
    Spoiler
    Show
    Body +1-->4
    Gliding +1-->4
    Perception +2-->4

26. - Top - End - #86
    Dwarf in the Playground

Turn 3.END
    Once again very little happened to the behemoths of the plains. They went about their daily lives, once again growing bored, wandering the great plains alone, and with no-one and nothing to keep their minds occupied. Some started spending their time more closely examining their surroundings, while others spent it merely walking as far as they could, to see what new strange things they could find. While neither kind really learned or saw much, they did manage to work their bodies out more, something that carried over to the younger generations. However as time goes by, older generations pass on, and memories start to fade. Few now truly remember the deeds of Dimos in aiding the trapped elder, and while many still recognize him as an elder, his following is starting to diminish, only slightly, but perhaps noticeably for an immortal.
    Spoiler
    Show
    EP expenditure: +2body-> 6 +2 senses-> 3

Turn 4.0 3C, The New World, Khiir Lands.
    The slow walking of the Tumulose has finally lead them to the edges of the plains. They have had glimpses of the great expanse of the ocean front, seen the rolling hills to the north, and everything in between, but something that they have only recently noticed is far more intriguing for them. The enormous forests of Khiir. Though the Tumulose do not know what lies within the forest, a few of them are willing to brave the unknown, simply for the huge amount of food that they see all around them. Trees, a delicacy, as far as their eyes can see. So tall that even the huge Tumulose can not see over them all, and some so thick that they can not be knocked over. While some Tumulose think it may be too good to be true, some simply can't resist the urge to explore this new utopia. A total of 4 Tumulose enter into the Forest. 2 males, who separate from everyone, and go to explore the forest solo, and 2 females, who actually entered the forest in search for a good safe place to nest together. The males tend to go up streams and rivers, trying to stay near the paths through the trees caused by the rivers, where they can more easily maneuver. The females however take the simplest route, they go around the forest, traveling along the coastline until they come to a comfortable looking clearing large enough for them to build a nest in. Then they merely sit around talking and eating from the numerous nearby trees. None of the Tumulose are particularly aggressive, looking over new creatures with interest, but being careful not to accidentally step on anything that they can avoid. The noise they make however might not seem so friendly, the crunching and crashing of massive trees, as well as their booming voices when they talk to each other. And while the females are not aggressive, they quickly (relatively quickly at least) place themselves between new creatures and their eggs, crushing without hesitation anything that they feel is trying to harm their young.
    Faster than a speeding wombat, more agile than a drunken Giraffe, able to leap off tall buildings in a single bound, it's PANTSMAN!!

27. - Top - End - #87

Turn 3 Wrap-up, Khiir Packs 3 and 8 (and beyond)

Master Brii agrees to listen to what Eliyanna has to say, and over the next several nights, the two packs together have chances to implement both the running away from, and, later, the attacking of, the Strongbeasts. The pack learns well from this, and Master Brii eventually praises Eliyanna as "wise." When she decides to move on, however, Master Viikh tells her that his pack will not accompany her any further. "If we stray from our homeland for too long, other packs will move into it, take it over, and we will no longer have a territory, food of our own. We must return."

What does happen, however, is that if Eliyanna asks around, four young Khiir of Master Brii's pack volunteer to go. A few of Master Viikh's pack seem to hold the same opinion, but he has been very clear that the pack will stay together. However, Master Brii gives his youngsters permission to travel with the other Eliyanna Shadran and continue her teachings, for the good of all Khiir.

With these four Khiir, whose names are Iiko, Vaal, Shoo and Boo, Eliyanna travels to and teaches two more packs (packs 9 and 10) about the killing of Strongbeasts, and of the fleeing from them. In pack nine, this goes just as smoothly as it did in pack 8. Iiko has taken the name of Master Iiko for this very small pack he leads, and seems to impress the Master of pack 9.

When the Khiir in pack 10 attack a Strongbeast nest, however, something goes wrong. Another Strongbeast, materializing seemingly out of nowhere, stomps into the nest as it perceives the threat to its kin, and several Khiir are killed before they can flee. Even Iiko and his pack are shaken, and Master Aaol of pack 10 declares that such risks are not worth the trouble, even though eliminating the Strongbeasts would be highly desirable.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eliyanna, you may continue how you deal with this situation in your next post.

Overall wrap-up

The Khiir overall have gotten considerably better at sneaking around, and several packs now hunt the Strongbeasts, at least when they stumble upon a nesting site. They have also begun to learn better how to evade the Strongbeasts. This includes Khoraag's pack, which has swelled in size and is enjoying a roving lifestyle with such a huge, unclaimed forest ahead of them, which seems to be devoid of any other Khiir that they have seen. In their wake, the pack that they split from originally (pack 13) has indeed noticed slightly less Strongbeast activity in recent weeks, and their territory has expanded to include parts of C2.

EP Allocation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception +1 ---> 3
    Hierarchy +1 ---> 4
    Flame Glands +1 ---> 3
    Fire Breath +1 ---> 3

Khiir turn 4.0, C3

Several packs of Khiir have noticed huge, massive, enormous creatures stomping through their forests. They seem practically armored, and they are much larger than anything Khiir has tried to prey upon. When they come--and they are easy to hear coming--the Khiir scatter, hiding between trees and watching the giants lumber past. They have not yet earned the title of either Beast or Prey, but they have made hunting harder already for the packs they are near, as the Prey in the area awakens to, then runs screaming from, the stomping of the huge creatures.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

Turn 4.4 3C, Khiir lands, Settling in
    As time goes by, the newness of the land starts to wear off, and the Tumulose find that they don't really need to wander. They can simply sit alone in a clearing, studying the world around them, eating what food they want from all around them. Eventually, the creatures in the area get used to the massive behemoths, as they often will to new herbivores, regardless of size. The eggs of the females finally hatch, and the young take to riding on the back of their parents, though in this more sedentary life style they often end up playing in streams and ponds nearby. The adults, occasionally journey to see one another, talking of anything new that they had seen, or asking about new kinds of trees or animals, but, and occasionally another Tumulose will come in from the plains, asking how living in the forest is going, before returning to the others in the flat-lands. While they are still somewhat noisy, the Tumulose become increasingly predictable, tending to stay by themselves, or with a few young, in their clearings, and simply watching forest life go by.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

The Coleoidea are replaced with the Sathid

While nobody was looking, the Coleoidea are suddenly replaced with the Sathid, who from that point on were believed to have been there for a longer time.

Map Update

OOC Also incorporated Tumulose movement. Reminder: Turn ends in 1 day and 8.5 hours from this post.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Pixie in the Playground

Turn 4.0 Sathid Lands (C1)

The desert. On the best of days an unforgiving wasteland to most, but it is what the Sathid call home. The region has begun to expand and dry out even further, a seemingly impossible occurrence. Morning mists from the seas are shorter then they once were, oases dry up more and more each day. Prey is harder to find, and plants wither and die even in the most fertile regions of the area.

Battles over new territory and food sources between rival tribes have grown fierce over the past few weeks, causing great shifts in each of the primary tribes' territories. Successful hatchings are few and far between, as the environment and social conditions worsen.

(The following are each tribe as it currently stands)

Sev: Currently holding the most valuable territory in the northwestern corner, they are fairly content with themselves. Their warriors fought fiercely, and they absorbed a small tribe. They have access to water and access to adequate food.

Vak: Currently holding the majority of the nesting sites among the canyons of the southeastern region. While these are valuable, the food in the area is a bit light for their number.

Mep: Rather than clash with the warriors of Sev, the Mep have moved into the southwestern region. The area's food supply is adequate, though water is a bit scarce.

Rel: Currently forced into the unfavorable northeastern regions. Food is scarce and water only slightly better. The Rel were once one of the more powerful tribes, but were not prepared to battle the vicious Sev. They lost many warriors and were pushed back, losing much of their territory.
    Last edited by Lumovanis; 2009-02-06 at 08:10 AM.