New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Unfit for the Crown!

Brea

"Yes. They were. The last Sith died a long time ago."

There's a certain finalty to Brea's words and an accompanying gaze like a warning shot towards her Padawan.
    Winter is coming.

PbP Games:

Spoiler
    Show

Character:

Wonderful Avatar by Ceika

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kressk

When Kelso speaks the last sentence Kressk's eyes turn cold and he stops chuckleling. His head turns to face the jedi almost seething with anger. "Mosst jedi are careful with their wordss, you apparently aren't. That iss ssomething you sshould learn for jedi or no if you offend the wrong persson you will die. I am not ssomeone woh takess kindly to offenssess either, esspecialy about my battle sskilss. Conssider your wordss carefully before you sspeak them, jedi." His eyes return to the chessboard, but his eyes stay cold and his mood stays dark. That was before Tallulah and Brea spoke. After Brea speaks he simply says "The Ssith sshal alwayss come back, they have time and time before." without his eyes ever leaving the chessboard.
    Last edited by Gourtox; 2009-01-31 at 11:26 AM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Kelso

"What did I say?" Kelso asks, genuinely confused, "All I'm saying is if you want ostentatious Force displays, the Jedi aren't the people you should expect them from."
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    GMing The Lotus Blossoms! [Exalted 3E] (OOC)
    Playing Waldaharjaz in The Convergence of Sky [Exalted 3E]
    Playing Rivers in Welcome to Thorns [Exalted 3E]

4. - Top - End - #64
    Halfling in the Playground

"That is reasonable." Jono said. "Even without knowing about the... philosophical reasons behind it, I do know that showing potential opponents what one is capable of is rather unwise."

5. - Top - End - #65

BlueWizardGirl

Kelso

Kelso raises a questioning eyebrow.

"You don't understand the Force at all, do you? It's not something one is 'capable of.'"
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Ouch! A ship full of over-inflated egos, stress and blasters; and someone decides to start being condescending. Tallulah flashes Kelso a smile then rests her hand gently on Jono's arm, hoping that he wont feel overly compelled to rise to the challenge. "Would anyone like a drink?"
    Last edited by Ezeze; 2009-01-31 at 12:20 PM.
    "Nothing has to be true, but everything has to sound true." - Isaac Asimov (Second Foundation)

Avatar by Serpentine. Ezeze-doll by Recaiden.

7. - Top - End - #67

Kressk

"Yess and I'll help you get the drinkss." Finally a way to get away from all these diplomats and jedi although the cerean isn't so bad. He will follow Tallulah when she leaves to get the drinks.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Bugbear in the Playground

Fate, seemingly enjoying your witty banter and chess match, seemed to linger to watch the match. But, all good things must come to an end, and a voice comes over the PA. "We're on our final approach." The Captains Voice says, "Surprisingly little interruption... there were a lot of people who didn't want this mission happening." His voice continues warily.

"Well, their pitiful might pales in comparison to their fear of Corran, yes, yes." Navik says, rubbing his hands together.

There is a very tense moment where you feel as if Zaine's ship will actually shoot you out of the sky... but a moment later the ship lurches as it initiates docking procedure with the large battleship. You feel it touch down inside the battleship's hanger, and lock into place. The nearby airlock open up, and the ramp extends. A person in regal looking clothes appears, poking his head in, surrounded by armed guards.

"Diplomatic envoy, eh? Senator Nabross will not be pleased, not at all. He asked not to be disturbed... well, it can't be helped. Come on diplomats- bring your bodyguards if you want. You won't need... Jedi?" The diplomat says, catching a lump in his throat. "Well, come on."

"One of our crew should go check things out and report back. Tallulah?" The Captain asks, inclining his head at her.

"I'll be staying on the ship, I was just here to brief you, yes, yes. Senator Nabross..." Navik trailed off, and went further back in the ship.

9. - Top - End - #69

"No?" Jono asked Kelso, looking mildly surprised himself. "But if we cut out the philosophy surronding it for a moment, you are capable of things I am not, thanks to the Force."

10. - Top - End - #70

Ren

Ren emerges from the rear of the ship casually. His hands are empty but he appears calm, as if the time alone has left him relaxed. He approahes the official and nods, showing willingness to follow.
    All glory to Vrythas in regards to my snazzy AD&D Game Master avatar.

Spoiler
    Show
    Reserve AD&D Game Master avatar by wxdruid

Oh star fall down on me
    Let me make a wish upon you
    Hold on, let me think
    Think of what I'm wishing for

11. - Top - End - #71

Kressk

"Well I guess we won't need to bother with thosse drinkss. He walks over the official and waits for the rest to come.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Tallulah looks questioningly at the Captain. An odd request, asking her to follow the group when Navik stays on board. But if he was in with the Senator, would he have told her who was employing them? Either way she doesn't make a fuss, just follows at the rear of the group.
    "Nothing has to be true, but everything has to sound true." - Isaac Asimov (Second Foundation)

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

Karbin walks gracefully down the ramp, mind whirling with all the new information on this crisis. Nabross's dislike of being disturbed was expected, but the jedi being an additional agitator? And Navik staying behind? More unknowns in a already bad situation. When he reaches Kressk, he mutters quietly, "Do try to remember your duty and stay by my side."

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Brea

With a frown, Brea memorizes the game, and then takes her bag and moves to leave the ship, following the others.
    Winter is coming.

PbP Games:

Spoiler
    Show

Character:

15. - Top - End - #75

Kressk

"Of coursse Karbin. I won't forget what I'm paid for. He whispers back.

16. - Top - End - #76

BlueWizardGirl

Kelso

"I... we'll discuss this at some other time."

Kelso's entire demeanor changes as the mission proper begins. His face becomes an unyielding picture of stoicism and he falls into place behind his master, completely the obedient servant.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #77

"Don't any of you dare to look at the Master's face." The person leading you to Zaine Nabross warned.

When all of you arrived there, a large chair in the center was turned, but it slowly circled to face you. "So many to see me?" A strong melodic voice rang out from the person in the chair, covered in a shadow with a hood down over the right side of his face. "You can leave your goons by the door. Those of you here to discuss diplomacy, please have a seat. I think that's four of you- including the noble Jedi, of course." He said, his voice dripping with venom.

"Now... lets get this over with..."

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Brea

Unfazed by his sarcasm, Brea gracefully steps forward and bows curtly. "Greetings, Senator. We hope to be of assistance." Her eyes do not evade the man's face, but she doesn't pry.
    Winter is coming.

PbP Games:

Spoiler
    Show

Character:

19. - Top - End - #79

"Precisely." Jono agrees and bows as well. "Although I certainly hope we'll get some additional information, so far we've been kept rather in the dark outside the most basic."

20. - Top - End - #80

SIP-3
    Leaving with the group they entered the throne room, SIP-3 took a quick look around but decided he didn't want to look suspicious by moving all over the place and investigating even the faintest movement could spell disaster. Finally as the guard were ordered to stand by the door SIP-3 slowly rolled along beside the diplomats who were walking over to the seats indicated. SIP-3 was barely interested in the conglomeration at hand he had his audio sensors on overtime looking for traces of even minute sounds that might be the assassin or troop of guards ready to kill them. Threat indicator was flashing yellow in his internal monitor. Level three a moderate threat or good chance of it.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[15] Perception Check. I'm using listening at the moment and not scanning the room so as to not give myself away. If that imposes a penalty just factor it in when you let me know the results.
    They say hope begins in the dark, but most just flail around in the blackness...searching for their destiny. The darkness... for me... is where I shine. - Riddick

Exile

Deny a monochrome future!!! -Radio Gosha-

21. - Top - End - #81

BlueWizardGirl

Kelso

Kelso pays his respects with a stiff bow but refrains from speaking. His face remains an expressionless mask. As requested, he avoids lingering on the senator's visage.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

Before he sits down, Karbin bows before the Senator, hands spread. "Thank you for seeing us, Senator, especially on such short notice. It is a pleasure to meet you. We apologize for the sudden arrival, but there are vital matters we must discuss."

23. - Top - End - #83

"Vital matters?" Senator Nabross begins, blowing on his fingers. "You are here because some certain parties, your employer the esteemed Corran Render, believe I have something to do with the current state of the situation at the Senate. Unfortunately, I do not." He said, shuffling a bit. "Now, I have... indulged your curiosity. Leave."

24. - Top - End - #84

Ren

Ren stands his ground at the door, watching the Senator calmly. He decided not to interfere, but something told him things would not go well. At least I might be able to do my job. I hope I have the opportunity. To come all this way for nothing...to be useless...I would despise that.
    All glory to Vrythas in regards to my snazzy AD&D Game Master avatar.

Spoiler
    Show
    Reserve AD&D Game Master avatar by wxdruid

Oh star fall down on me
    Let me make a wish upon you
    Hold on, let me think
    Think of what I'm wishing for

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Brea

"If you are innocent of misdeeds, Senator, this stance is of no help."

The Jedi's cool blue eyes linger on the shadowed face, as she feels for his reaction in the Force. "If you are guilty, it has little influence on the outcome of the situation, of course."

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception - (1d20+7)[24]
    Force Perception, to read the good Senator.
    Winter is coming.

PbP Games:

Spoiler
    Show

Character:

26. - Top - End - #86

BlueWizardGirl

Kelso

Kelso thinks his Master's words a bit... harsh... and dealing with nobles certainly falls within his area of expertise, so he ventures to speak, trying to keep his words gentle to avoid provoking the Senator's wrath.

"We would certainly like to believe in your innocence," Kelso says, diplomatically, "and I, personally, am certain your intentions are good regardless of your actions. But we are required to seek proof of your lack of involvement in recent events. Please, help us. It's for your own good."

Persuasion: (1d20+6)[18]
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #87

As you focus the Force on Zaine Nabross you feel suddenly a little sick, and the force feels clouded.

"Very well... let us discuss these matters..." Zaine says, the console next to him suddenly beeping loudly indicating an incoming holo-call. "I would very much like to get this over with quickly and move on..." He says, attempting to cover up the loudly buzzing incoming call.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Brea

"Please do take your call, Senator. Maybe it will shed light on the situation..."

Brea smiles at the Senator, hiding her nauseous feelings. Something is very much not well here.
    Winter is coming.

PbP Games:

Spoiler
    Show

Character:

29. - Top - End - #89

Kressk

He followed closely behind the group before hearing the Senators words. He then stands at the door searching for possible attackers.

(1d20+6)[9] Perception check[/spoiler]

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Spared from the attention of others for the moment and without need to be inconspicuous, Tallulah indulges her curiosity - looking about at anything that catches her interest. Despite or perhaps even because of Naviks warning, she steals a second glance at Zaine's scar.

"perception" - (1d20+5)[11]