Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Erfworld 139 The Battle for Gobwin Knob, Page 126

Now THAT'S what you call "Shock and AW (CRAP!)"

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenitor View Post
    There was a joke about Goatse and Shockamancy in another thread.. surprised the creators used it.

And references aside, did Sizemore just waste two enemy coalition leaders? "And yet, this still feels like a mistake" indeed.

Poor Ansom... he's going to try to capture, not croak.. unfortunately for him, he won't get the chance to do either... :D
    I think that was Charlies terms. Charlie wants Lord Hamster working for him, and he's got the thinkamancy to override Wanda's loyalty spell. So, in addition to whatever outrageous amount of shmuckers he's also charging Ansom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

3. - Top - End - #33
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by teratorn View Post
    Yeah, the images are too small. The face of the grey guy falling looks horrified but at this resolution it's hard to tell.

Edit: yep, my take on this is that shockamancy is something which renders your opponents unable to react for a round or two, thus allowing you to safely disengage and flee. I don't think the crap bomb is related to that, Parson made a difference between shock them and crap them.

Crap golems are bombs!
    I'm coming around. You're right about Parson drawing that distinction, and "pull my finger" could fit under dirtomancy/crap golems rather than shockmancy as I first thought. I'll sleep on it.
    "Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors... and miss."
    -RAH

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

The determined seriousness on the Sizemore and the crap golem's faces during the finger pull is priceless.

"You are but an automaton, and I am a slave to Duty. This is gonna be ugly for both of us."

I'm guessing Ansom is not being targeted because he is flying. Whether or not Sizemore took out the other warlords or not remains to be seen. It might actually be worse for Ansom if they survive.
    Last edited by fendrin; 2009-01-23 at 11:53 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenitor View Post
    And references aside, did Sizemore just waste two enemy coalition leaders?
    He certainly wasted them alright. Right now they're in it deep.

Crap punning I know, but how could I refuse?

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

I saw E.T. more than Sistine--you know, brown and lumpy...

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    He certainly wasted them alright. Right now they're in it deep.

Crap punning I know, but how could I refuse?
    That's definitely not copaseptic.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by fendrin View Post
    I'm guessing Ansom is not being targeted because he is flying. Whether or not Sizemore took out the other warlords or not remains to be seen.
    Those were his orders. Their sides should lose their bonuses. I'm not sure how coalitions work, if they all get Ansom's bonus (hex leader) or each side gains just the bonus from their side's hex leader.. If it's the later RCC just took a serious hit.

Looking carefully the golem put those two guys out by knocking them against each other!
    Last edited by teratorn; 2009-01-24 at 12:08 AM.
    Avatar: ruthless Parson (Erfworld).

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ansom is really, really incompetent. He saw the dirtmancer come out of the ground with his own two eyes when Sizemore rescued Wanda, and yet made no contingencies for dealing with such an attack, or at least protecting his warlords from it? For the Titans' sake, the two warlords were back by themselves with no heavies, or even guards of any kind!

Oh it is the eyeball one.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Bugbear in the Playground

Pulling legs and fingers

and way too many new abbreviations to look up

Also, I'm curious how Maggie will use thinkamancy offensively
    Last edited by hajo; 2009-01-24 at 12:15 AM.
    -HaJo

FLW: Oh, no. We're being rescued. How embarrassing!

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Those were his orders. Their sides should lose their bonuses. I'm not sure how coalitions work, if they all get Ansom's bonus (hex leader) or each side gains just the bonus from their side's hex leader.. If it's the later RCC just took a serious hit.
    Sure'n he ordered it, that doesn't mean it'll be successful on the first attempt.

After an attack like that, I would expect the Sofa King warlord to want to pull his troops out. If the SK warlord croaks, however, there may be another SK warlord who is more likely to be cowed/awed by Ansom into staying.

That's what I meant about it might be better for Ansom if they don't survive.
    A weakened coalition is better than a shattered coalition.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

And that is why the RCC should have kept Ansom in a box.

As far as the magic goes, they're collapsing, not running, so... Oh and it looks like it was Shockmancy used in the Dungeon with Jill.
    Last edited by Whispri; 2009-01-24 at 12:17 AM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Magnificent Boop in the Playground

Hope those healers have a stock of Brain Bleach....

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Whispri View Post
    And that is why the RCC should have kept Ansom in a box.

As far as the magic goes, they're collapsing, not running, so... Oh and it looks like it was Shockmancy used in the Dungeon with Jill.
    When someone goes in to shock (medically speaking), they tend to shut down, not run.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

War brings out the worst in us all that such blackest of magic is called forth. How desperate, and how foolish it is that the nuclear evil from which the internet orbits is invoked directly? Now that 4chan has been unleashed, there is no hope for erfworld. Doomed are they all.
    Spoiler
    Show

Rizban: You could be all, "Today's Destruction is brought to you by the color green.... I HATE GREEN!" then fly off mumbling to yourself "Seven... seven bats... mwa ha ha ha..."

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Everyone knows you can just parse XML with regex.
    Don't mind me. I'm just going to have some post traumatic flashbacks in the corner here and sob uncontrollably.

Millenium Earl by Shmee

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

You evoked the name of 4chan! That is a dark spell indeed ...

Also, weiner-rammers? That's just wrong.
    Last edited by FoE; 2009-01-24 at 12:26 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

i feel like this page confrims part of Charlie's deal... what other reason would Ansom want to capture Parson if not to hand him over to Charlie to fullfill a contract?

I really do wonder what those two warlord's were thinking just then...

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyBrowncoat View Post
    Ansom is really, really incompetent. He saw the dirtmancer come out of the ground with his own two eyes when Sizemore rescued Wanda, and yet made no contingencies for dealing with such an attack, or at least protecting his warlords from it? For the Titans' sake, the two warlords were back by themselves with no heavies, or even guards of any kind!

The two warlords were not in the bac, they were surrounded by infantry... in panel 7 you can see that Sizemore's golems are fighting off enemies coming from all sides... Sizemore is pretty much popping up right in the middle of the mass of enemies, getting in a few hits, setting up da bomb, and retreating... the warlords barely have enough time to know what hit them

There isn't much that can be done about such attacks seeing as the warlords have no way to stay off the ground and have no way to know where the attacks will strike

Besides, considering Parson's forces, Ansom likely thought that Sizemore would be behind the gate to aid in the front line defnese... Parson is afterall still outnumbered and will need all the defense he can get

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Ansom is really, really incompetent.
    Why? They are warlords, it's their mistake. I'm note sure a stronger stack would make much of a difference, the shockamancy looks quite effective. They shouldn't have been in the same stack though, maybe they're dating or something of the kind?
    Last edited by teratorn; 2009-01-24 at 12:31 AM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by slayerx View Post
    I really do wonder what those two warlord's were thinking just then...
    "Oh crap."
    Last edited by FoE; 2009-01-24 at 12:28 AM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

So, the question on everyone's mind right now is: did Sizemore just level up?

20. - Top - End - #50
    Banned

I don't understand how Sizemore is able to attack on Ansom's turn? Are they all in the same hex? I've gotten fuzzy on the combat system.

And I think Sizemore is riding on Zangief. I'm not sure why he's a heavy metal golem, maybe it's a reference to:

http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Marvel_...s/Mech_Zangief

Panel 10 is definitely Adam+God. Fantastic references as always.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

Ansom is really, really incompetent...
    They are alliance warlords, I'm not sure that Anson can really command them around, he can at best only suggest a course of action. Of course he is still generally bad at dealing with guerilla warfare, but if he wasn't, then Parson wouldn't stand a chance.

Of course even Parson has screwed up before. When Wanda attacked Ansom he should have already had backup on the ground, since he knew that Charlie was possibly going to turn against his airforce.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

I have one of those wiener rammers to, in my pants.
    Last edited by the_tick_rules; 2009-01-24 at 12:56 AM.
    I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zeku View Post
    I don't understand how Sizemore is able to attack on Ansom's turn? Are they all in the same hex? I've gotten fuzzy on the combat system.
    If they're in the same hex as the city (I believe they are, even if they're not in the city per se... looking at the previous comics, I'm a bit confused as to the confines of the city itself now), than it's a legal move; he's just taking advantage of creating two short moments of three-dimensional ground-based warfare in order to actively, and effectively, defend.

At any rate, it might be argued that Parson's taking advantage of yet another mechanic of the universe. Or not.
    I find D&D to be quite educational... No where else could they get me interested in math or statistics...

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
    Where did you start yours?
    I had two of the PCs in the center of a gang of orcs. Then, the third PC and my DM-run character came in to assist... Then they chose to go to the tavern.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by fendrin View Post
    When someone goes in to shock (medically speaking), they tend to shut down, not run.
    And falling over, not to mention shock, can be caused by physical damage. The magic Wanda unleashed on the Fliers involved no cheating, regardless of her chanting.

Why? They are warlords, it's their mistake. I'm note sure a stronger stack would make much of a difference, the shockamancy looks quite effective. They shouldn't have been in the same stack though, maybe they're dating or something of the kind?
    Did you happen to notice Ansom launching this attack over the objections of a certain blue clad Warlord? Why bother defending that nitwit? No one's ever found victory by following his orders. It's his decision to attack. It's he who's throwing way victory once again. Oh and they're together on account of needing to discuss Ansom's battle 'plan'. Did they even know about Sizemore and his Golems?
    Last edited by Whispri; 2009-01-24 at 01:41 AM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowchopstick View Post
    Oh dear god. If I was a survivor of that, I'd be crying.

Is Sizemore riding on Mr. T? With Sizemore's kind heart, I bet he pities the fools. Oops, I meant foos
    I pity the foos who did survive that. Because after some Brain Bleach, they'd be more vulnerable to Thinkamancy, yes? The right Suggestion, and they'll defect, pun intended, to Parson's side.

And we've yet to see Parson and Wanda in action. I almost dread to think what kinda moves they're gonna pull out. Thriller? Dancing Superheroes? Caramel Dansen?
    Last edited by BarGamer; 2009-01-24 at 01:17 AM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BarGamer View Post
    And we've yet to see Parson and Wanda in action. I almost dread to think what kinda moves they're gonna pull out. Thriller? Dancing Superheroes? Caramel Dansen?
    Stomp-stomp-clap, stomp-stomp-clap...

It's a long shot, but nothing could be more awesome than Queen shaking the rafters.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zeku View Post
    Yes, for *defender* entire city is counted as same hex/no movement cost. Attacker apparently has to use a movement to go between zones.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfox View Post
    If they're in the same hex as the city (I believe they are, even if they're not in the city per se... looking at the previous comics, I'm a bit confused as to the confines of the city itself now),
    They're in the city, in the space between the outer and inner walls (makes part of the outer walls, the inner walls are garrison). For the defenders they are all technically the same hex and they can travel from one to the other without spending the stat that goes by the name of "move." The attackers need to spend move when going from on the the other.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    Stomp-stomp-clap, stomp-stomp-clap...

It's a long shot, but nothing could be more awesome than Queen shaking the rafters.
    *shakes head no*

Looking at Parson? There's only one song that comes to mind, unless he's shrunk down to Erfworld size now......

"Oh, no! There goes Tokyo! Go, go, GODZILLA!"

30. - Top - End - #60
    Pixie in the Playground

May I get some help with those acronym sound effects?

YTMND? I saw a link above that this has something to do with Star Wars?

NSFW? Not safe for work? What's not safe? The shockamancy?

4Chan Huh? I read on wiki that this is a hacker group? What do they have to do with anything?

I think I'm revealing my age with this post.
    Last edited by glenstorm74; 2009-01-24 at 01:42 AM.