New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Disunity

1. - Top - End - #91
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Disunity

Sigdis picked up her sword, and carefully inspected it for damage, mishandling, or abuse. Finding it intact and still in perfect condition, she returned it to its home on her belt with a satisfied expression upon her face.

Spoiler
    Show
    We should make the rogue open the box...!
    ~Shade

2. - Top - End - #92
    Pixie in the Playground

Iden retreived his gear, glad to have both crossbow and rapier back in his posession. He had to get far too close to people to use a dagger and prefered keeping a healthy distance from people who wanted to see what his guts looked like on the inside.

"Oooh, a surprise," Iden said as he saw the box. So curiosity may or may not have been one of his best qualities, but he couldn't help himself. He looked on all sides, examining the lock.

Spoiler
    Show
    Search Check:1d20 8=19

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Upon close examination you discover that the lock is an average, well made although well worn iron lock. You do not find any inconsistencies or odd things about the lock.
    At the heart of all beauty lies something inhuman, and these hills, the softness of the sky, the outline of the trees at this very minute lose the illusory meaning with which we clothed them, henceforth more remote than a lost paradise.
    -Camus, An Absurd Reasoning

Fourth Doctor avatar courtesy of Szilard

4. - Top - End - #94
    Pixie in the Playground

"Could I have the keys?" Iden said, holding his hand out for the tools. He looked at all of them, and finally settled on the last unused key, inserting the copper key into the lock.

Spoiler
    Show
    If the key doesn't work and I am not injured then I would go ahead and try the others.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

The first key doesn't fit the lock, but the iron key does opening the chest. The interior of the box is mostly empty, seeming dusty and unused. The one thing in the box is a small velvet bag containing a small white gold pendant strung on a thin chain of white gold.

Spoiler
    Show
    not going to try to describe it here it is:
    At the heart of all beauty lies something inhuman, and these hills, the softness of the sky, the outline of the trees at this very minute lose the illusory meaning with which we clothed them, henceforth more remote than a lost paradise.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Pixie in the Playground

Iden looked at jewelry for a moment and dropped it back intot he bag, and it quickly vanished, tucked away in his clothing.

"Well, I suppose we should get going then," Iden said, standing up.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Pixie in the Playground

Hand resting comfortably on the hilt of her sword, Sigdis stalked over to the doorway and returned her attention to the larger room beyond and the task of their continued escape.

"If you're done playing around, sir, we should really all get moving," she said.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not certain of everyone's schedules, but we're all geeks here, no? ^^ I dont know about you guys, but I'm on the computer at least every day. Is it possible for everyone to maybe check the thread or your email every 1-2 days at least? With topic notification, it should go right to your email inbox.

I just think it would be cool to see where this story goes, and it kinda sucks when we get dead air for a week. :(
    I've never played a play-by-post game before though, so I guess I dont know what kind of schedule is normal......

Oh yeah! And I drew Redek last week.

He's broody.
    And I dunno what color his hair is.

And... an amazing pic of Jess!

Look at that attention to detail!
    (Cheshire drew a better one of Jess)

Last edited by Shadey; 2009-03-04 at 01:39 PM.
    ~Shade

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

As you slowly open the door you see a long, straight corridor so long that it seems to go on forever. About 50 feet down the corridor there is a copper door.

Spoiler
    Show
    I agree with shadey, I dont think its too much to ask for people to post every day or two, its not like it takes that much time. As for the speed of pbp its very dependent on how fast the players post, the optimal amount is one post a day from each player, which allows for a decent speed.
    Last edited by Weezer; 2009-03-04 at 11:35 PM.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Pixie in the Playground

"I hope this place isn't too much bigger," Iden said, looking around at the clean white hallways. It was just eerie in here.

"Well, lead on, Sigdis."

10. - Top - End - #100
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Jess had just located the dagger and crossbow that had been taken from her at her arrest, when Iden unlocked the chest. Rolling her eyes at the lack of electricity--her body was still stiffly numb--she strapped her weapons back on, not missing Iden's pocketing the bag of shiny things.

Peeking down the corridor with the others, Jess gave a low whistle. "I really hope this is the way out and we're not going to, say, the barracks or the torture chamber or something," she said.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aiaa, sorry sorry. And next week my posting won't be able to be extraordinarily active since I'll be at home with dialup. But I will do my darndest to keep it up! We've come too far to give up now!

And those are AWESOME pictures.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Pixie in the Playground

"Torture would be bad."

Spoiler
    Show
    Finally scanned! Ok there is random stuff in there too, but enjoy! ^^
    Last edited by Cheshire; 2009-03-05 at 02:54 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Redek followed them into the room to retrieve his stuff, feeling a sense of relief at the fact that he was reunited with his things again. Once he was all set, he turned around and walked off after them, silently agreeing with their hopes of being out soon.

Spoiler
    Show

sorry for the lack of posting, I've pretty much been working on 25% of my psych grade, then getting stuck in another state. But now that that's all taken care of, I should be all set to start posting again. Oh, and very nice job with Redek. I'd say the facial expression fits very well. And his hair is white.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Jess laughed. "Really? I thought torture would be fantastic!" she giggled sarcastically.

Spoiler
    Show
    *stealthily steals several stupendous sketches* Great job! I might try my hand at it during spring break next week.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Pixie in the Playground

Sigdis made a grunting sound which may or may not have been agreement; this dubious noise her contribution to the conversation. Leaning intently towards the door, listening, she held her hand out for the remaining copper key.

Spoiler
    Show

I listen awesome.
    1d20=12

I figure Sigdis can try and open the door, though I suspect we're done with being electrocuted at this point.

Also yay, for more pics, and for spring break. ^^
    ~Shade

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

As Sigdis leans up to listen at the door it is thrown violently open from the inside and a man dressed in shining chain charges at you. As he moves forward he seems to become cloaked in shadows making him hard to see. Just before he reaches you he raises his sword in the air and it bursts into flame. Before you can react he makes a vicious slice at Sigdis's shoulder which bounces off of her breastplate.

Spoiler
    Show

Enemies have ranks in listen too!
    attack:7 damage: 8
    and apparently don't roll better than you guys.
    initiative: 21
    make initiative checks

sorry about that
    Last edited by Weezer; 2009-03-05 at 07:07 PM.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Pixie in the Playground

Sigdis snarled in surprise and slashed at the nebulous opponent with her longsword. "Shadow-slinking coward!"

Spoiler
    Show

(Sigdis is still a girl, btw)

Initiative: 12
    1d20+1=12

Attacking:
    Leading the Attack (allies get +4 attack bonus vs target for 1 round)
    1d20+8;1d8+3 → [17,8] = (25)
    1d20+8;1d8+3 → [6,3] = (9)
    1d20+8=25, 1d8+3=9

~Shade

17. - Top - End - #107
    Pixie in the Playground

Iden gave a startled yelp at the appearance of the flame weilding guard who burst forth. Still he had enough wits about him to lift his cross bow and shoot as he made an attack on Sigdis.

"Fire swords? Come on!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative:1d20 3=20
    Attack:1d20 5=21I was supposed to put 6 instead of 5 so that is a 22 . . .
    Damage:1d8 3=7

18. - Top - End - #108
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Nearly jumping a foot in the air--an impressive feat for someone her size--Jess stumbled a few steps backward as the fiery-shadowy swordsman attacked. "Torture might have been better!" she yelped. Her dagger was in her left hand before she knew it, while her right hand leapt to her spell component pouch, ready to grab whatever was needed when the time was right for a spell.

Spoiler
    Show
    Whee, back to meager rolls...
    Initiative: 1d20+2=7

19. - Top - End - #109
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Redek simply sighed, shaking his head as the guard burst through the door. One guy after the next it seemed. Although he had to admit, the flaming sword seemed like a nice touch. With a wave of his hand, oil seemed to seep out of the sword.

Spoiler
    Show

initiative
    1d20+3 → [4,3] = (7)

grease:
    DC: 15 vs Reflex

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Just after his strike the flame on your attackers sword flickers out, but acting with lightning swiftness he strikes again before any of you can move. This time his strike seems strangely powerful and almost irritable, as if it has the force of mountains behind it. The sword slams into Sigdis's arm, piercing her amour and adding another wound to her mounting collection.
    Reacting quickly Iden sends a bolt that seems to be flying true but becomes lost in the shadow surrounding the attacker. The same thing happens to Sigdis's return stroke. Redek waves his hand and despite the guards best efforts his sword slips from his hand, landing on the floor with a clatter.

Spoiler
    Show

Round 1:
    attack: 17 damage: 9

20% miss chance from concealment: sigdis: 19 Iden: 3

reflex vs grease: 11

After your attacks the shadow that was clinging to the guard drops away allowing you to see the guard clearly.
    Frowning in irritation your attacker exclaims "your foul magics will avail you naught!" as he draws a dagger from his belt. He makes a lightning stab at Sigdis's chest, the slim blade finding a chink in her armor. As the blade strikes home Sigdis feels a strange chill around the wound and from the dagger a wave of black rises up to obscure her vision.

Spoiler
    Show

Round 2:
    attack: 22 damage: 5
    make a fortitude save at dc 13 or have a 20% miss chance for one turn

21. - Top - End - #111
    Pixie in the Playground

Sigdis squinted her eyes against the haze and she staggered back, a hiss escaping from her clenched teeth. She shifted her feet into a steadier position, taking a deep breath to focus mind and body together as she did so, and then returned to her attack once more with a savage cry.

Spoiler
    Show

Fortitude Save:
    1d20+6=19
    (thank god)

Attack
    with "Stone Bones" Maneuver (attack, dmg reduction. 5/adamantine)
    1d20+8=21, 1d8+3=5

Also um. Let's resolve this quickly, if at all possible. After those two attacks:
    Sigdis HP: 12(+5/adamantine)/44 atm.
    <3s !
    ~Shade

22. - Top - End - #112
    Pixie in the Playground

"Oh bloody hell," Iden growled. Sigdis was not looking good and despite how irritating she could be he didn't want to go through the trouble of looking for a new body servant. He hurried to reload his crossbow and shot again.

[spoiler] way to roll damage . . . oy 1d20 5=17
    1d8 3=5
    Last edited by Cheshire; 2009-03-11 at 11:48 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Cheshire your crossbow only takes a move action to reload so you can still make an attack with it if you want

24. - Top - End - #114
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Oh dear, thought Jess, reaching for her scarf and plucking a tuft from it. It won't do if our tough-girl bites it... She cast the spell quickly.

Spoiler
    Show
    And in her haste, fails miserably. 1d20=2
    Sorry, Sigdis...

25. - Top - End - #115
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

With how long the earlier battle had gone, Redek was swiftly running out of options. He could still escape on his own if need be, but that wasn't really what he wanted. He reached back and grabbed the crossbow off his back, taking aim at the guard and pulling the trigger.

Spoiler
    Show

1d20; 1d8 → [4] = (4)
    1d20; 1d8 → [2] = (2)

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

(end of round 2)

Sigdis quickly rallies from the guards strike and returns a strike of her own, catching the guards arm as he is recovering from his strike. Iden and Redek send a volley of bolts that miss the guard and go speeding into the room behind him. Jessamine attempts to cast a spell, but is unsuccessful.

(round 3)

The guard attacks again, but as he attacks his dagger seems to split into two, creating one real dagger and one that seems to be made from shadow. Sigdis successfully blocks the shadowy dagger with her shield, but while she does this the guard slips under her guard and viciously slashes Sigdis's arm. Though the dagger pierces the armor Sigdis's skin itself seems to resist being cut, diminishing the severity of the wound.

Spoiler
    Show
    attack: 14,21 Damage: 7-5=2

due to constant server problems we are now going to move to the FARPWG forums. The link to the new thread is http://www.farpwg.org/smf/index.php?topic=531.0