New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Dying Earth [IC]

Dolgan Glanbek, Priest of Moradin

Dolgan collects the gold coins from his companions and then ambles over to the boats. Sitting by the first one, he places before him a few flat stones, and pulls out from his backpack four little bags. The bags contain some powders, that he carefully mixes on the stones. He then adds water, that turns them into strange smelling liquids of a variety of colours.

<I call for thy help, Moradin, Sultan of the Forge> he invokes in dwarfish, pulling a small hammer that is suddenly infused in a white light. Dolgan then quickly and liberally applies the liquids to the jagged edges of the broken boats, and uses the hammer to gently push repair materials into place. The mixtures bubble for a second, then disappear, leaving behind nothing but solid wood, without even a seam to show where the break once was.

Dolgan works efficiently and twenty minutes later, the two boats before him are as good as new.
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2009-01-30 at 03:16 AM.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

2. - Top - End - #62

With the canoes fixed, you buddy up and start rowing downriver. [Reed + Dolgan in one, Laertius + Variel in the other] Not an hour into the river journey, you spot what appears to be several sun-bleached drift woods sticking up out of the water. When you get about ten meters close (30 feet), Reed realizes that they are actually bone white hands, the palms of which all face upriver. The fingers are all partially curled, as if in relaxation.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Sunrise View Post
    With the canoes fixed, you buddy up and start rowing downriver. [Reed + Dolgan in one, Laertius + Variel in the other] Not an hour into the river journey, you spot what appears to be several sun-bleached drift woods sticking up out of the water. When you get about ten meters close (30 feet), Reed realizes that they are actually bone white hands, the palms of which all face upriver. The fingers are all partially curled, as if in relaxation.

Dolgan quickly taps Reed's shoulder and indicates that they should not plunge headlong into those upright bones. "I cannot imagine what those things are doing there, but where they to belong to a dead body, the river would have carried them down by now. Either they are tied together and to the bottom of the river -and why that could be, I cannot fanthom- or something unnatural is going on." Once safely by the riverside, Dolgan places a hand on top of his symbol and concentrates hard on the bones

Spoiler
    Show
    If possible, Dolgan takes 20 in religion to detect/identify undead for a total of 32. Otherwise:
    Religion - Detect undead - (1d20+12)[2](14)
    Arcana - Detect magic - (1d20+12)[11](23)
    Nature - Are those natural - (1d20+10)[14](24)
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Obstacles." Variel sighs with annoyance. "Laertius, keep the canoe steady."

He pulls his paddle in across his lap, draws his sword, and then swipes it across the front edge of the boat as they approach the bony arms. A wave of arcane force pushes outward from his blade in a wave, aiming to clear away the interfering limbs.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sword Burst At-Will Power. Trying to hit all bone arms within close burst 1 with force damage. Int vs reflex (1d20+15)[16](31)
    (1d20+15)[19](34)
    (1d20+15)[18](33)
    (I figure three should be enough to clear a path. Let me know if we need more.)
    For (1d6+8)[1](9) damage.
    "You seem a decent fellow. I'd hate to kill you."
    "You seem a decent fellow. I'd hate to die."

5. - Top - End - #65
    Bugbear in the Playground

Laertius

Never the sort to follow bad advice, Laertius ignores Variel and diverts the canoe towards the bank after Dolgan and Reed's.

Bad call, lad. You want to tangle with those so badly, get out and swim for 'em.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, if they turn out to be dangerous, we can always just carry the canoes around them. Still, I want to try something." Reed digs in the bank for a short while before coming up with a stone, which he washes in the river before throwing it at the clutch of hands.

Spoiler
    Show
    This might be a bad idea, but oh well. It'll tell us something either way.
    Basic Attack vs. AC - (1d20+16)[8](24)
    Damage if hit - (1d4+9)[1](10)
    I'm assuming that the natural enhancement bonus we all have to attack/damage applies to throwing stones as well. If not, both those are 3 lower than they otherwise would be.
    Also, possibly-relevant skill rolls:
    Perception - (1d20+10)[19](29)
    Religion - (1d20+5)[13](18)
    Arcana - (1d20+5)[1](6)

7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Variel stumbles as Laertius shifts the canoe, his force wave ricocheting harmlessly off of the water's surface far away from the arms. He whirls on Laertius as the canoe moves up to the bank.

" They are in our way. If they were driftwood, we would clear them away without a thought. Why give them more consideration than they're due?" He sneers at the protruding limbs, and then turns his glare back toward Laertius. "If I had known you were so frightened by simple anatomy...." He murmurs to himself, angrily, before climbing out to join the others. These omens are beginning to become an annoyance.

"Must we delay every time we come across something dead? This is a Chaos-ravaged wasteland, you know." Variel, who has been waving his sword around wildly during the preceding rant, sheaths it with a glare, and turns to watch Reed experiment, arms crossed over his chest. Must we be burdened with so many...distractions?

8. - Top - End - #68

Laertius

His face completely impassive, Laertius responds as gently as if his companion were asking the time of day.

They appear to be stationary. I can blast them out of our path from a safe distance in less than a minute. If you feel we can't spare that much time from our trip downriver, this will be an excellent opportunity for you to learn patience.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Crucival View Post
    Variel stumbles as Laertius shifts the canoe, his force wave ricocheting harmlessly off of the water's surface far away from the arms. He whirls on Laertius as the canoe moves up to the bank.

" They are in our way. If they were driftwood, we would clear them away without a thought. Why give them more consideration than they're due?" He sneers at the protruding limbs, and then turns his glare back toward Laertius. "If I had known you were so frightened by simple anatomy...." He murmurs to himself, angrily, before climbing out to join the others. These omens are beginning to become an annoyance.

"Must we delay every time we come across something dead? This is a Chaos-ravaged wasteland, you know." Variel, who has been waving his sword around wildly during the preceding rant, sheaths it with a glare, and turns to watch Reed experiment, arms crossed over his chest. Must we be burdened with so many...distractions?

"Peace and calm, Variel, peace and calm" says Dolgan, in his relaxing tone of voice. "We will be detained but a few minutes, and it is better to be safe than sorry. That is no driftwood, and I cannot see how they could be natural. If there are surprises waiting for us, I rather meet them on solid ground. Lets see what our observations uncover. There will be time for more direct action later."
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2009-01-30 at 06:38 PM.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Patience is a virtue Variel keeps in reserve for his own favorite pet projects. He could spend hours prowling the wasteland looking for just the right sort of Chaos beast, and yet find a conversation painfully inefficient in a matter of minutes. At least he knows what his priorities are.

"Very well. If you must investigate, do so quickly. However, consider me in favor of Laertius' blasting proposal, should they turn out to be harmless."

11. - Top - End - #71

Laertius

Stepping to the bank, Laertius sets aside his pack and conjures a ball of ferociously hot flames into the palm of one hand, obviously prepared to hurl it at the slightest provocation.

Spoiler
    Show
    Readying an action to Scorching Burst the center hand if they do anything suspicious (move, flex, etc).

12. - Top - End - #72

As you steer away from the hands, you're not quite sure, but as the canoes scrape against the shore pebbles as you drag them onto land you find it impossible to deny: the hands have shifted to face their palms toward you. Even as Reed chucks a stone at one, the hands submerge themselves. Looking into the waters, you see several large shapes moving rapidly toward your position.

You have one full round to prepare for possible battle.
    Last edited by Tequila Sunrise; 2009-01-30 at 07:43 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Variel draws his sword and shoots the others a sidelong glance.

"Looks like it'll be a longer delay than expected. Suggestions?"

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

At the sight of the menacing forms approaching the river's edge, Reed curses beneath his breath and hurriedly ducks into the nearby foliage, readying his enchanted black blade to throw if anything should break the surface.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hexes, huh? Neat

Move right 2, right-down 1, putting me in among the green thing (which I assume is a tree or shrub or something to that effect), hide as part of that action (assuming that I have enough cover for it), then ready an action to use Distracting Shadows (E12) at the first thing to show itself above water.

I will probably have combat advantage against whatever it is, either from my First Strike class feature since it won't have acted yet or from it not being able to see me.

Initiative - (1d20+16)[9](25)
    Stealth - (1d20+20)[7](27)
    Attack vs. AC - (1d20+23)[14](37) (includes CA bonuses)
    Damage if Hit - (2d4+9)[4][1](14)+Sneak Attack - (3d8)[7][2][7](16)
    If hit, I and all allies have combat advantage against that target until the end of my next turn.

15. - Top - End - #75

Laertius

Seeing the hands submerge, Laertius steps away from the bank and holds his flaming hand higher, holding his staff before him like a shield with the other.

Defending yourself would be prudent...

For the first time since the journey began, the Abyssal changeling appears to be enjoying himself.

Spoiler
    Show
    In the round of preparation, Laertius moves six squares east and readies an action to Magic Missile the first non-party-member he sees.

Rolls to speed things up:
    Attack: (1d20+18)[15](33) vs Reflex
    Hit: (2d4+11)[14] damage
    Last edited by Vox Clamantis; 2009-01-30 at 08:20 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

As the others pull back into position, Variel steps back just enough so that they can see their attackers break the waterline, and then draws his sword into a defensive battle stance, trying to make himself look like an attractive target.

"As always, Laertius, your scholarly input is appreciated."

Spoiler
    Show
    East two squares, then using his standard action for Total Defense. +2 to all defenses. Preparing, as a minor action, the application of his Aegis of Assault ability, to mark the first monster to come within 2 hexes of his position.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    HP 86+8/86 Bloodied 43 Healing Surge 21 (0 used /9)
    AC 29 Fort 25 Reflex 24 Will 27 Speed 5

Dolgan's calm demeanour suddenly shifts at the thought of battle, particularly with the undead. "Let them come. This will not be a long delay, but a nice intermission" he says in a subtly changed voice. He pulls back, trying to cover his companions and letting the warrior be point, and waits for a target.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative - (1d20+4)[23]
    Too many options to decide without more accurate info. Dolgan moves back 5 hexes from the beach (so the hands would have to charge past him to get to Laertius), Edit: Dolgan moves to the front of the bush, between it and where then hands used to be, and then delays turn until he can see what he is fighting. He'll also delay until after all the other delays resolve.
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2009-01-31 at 07:44 AM.

18. - Top - End - #78

With great sprays of water, six man shaped forms spring from the river. Their skin is pale, sickly and sloughing. As you get your first good sight of them, you realize now why they held their hands above the water: the eyeballs that should be in their faces instead stare at you from the palm of each hand. They had kept their fingers partially curled so you didn’t notice the eyeballs, but now their fingers are stretched out fully like fat eyelashes. They hold their hands over their faces so that their eyeballs stare at you from where a human’s would be, until they get within striking distance when their eyed hands reach murderously forward…

Reed’s blade and Laertius’ spell both nearly hit the first pale man to rush from the water, forcing it to stumble aside. (Two hits and a mark on Pale1!) Four pale men grope for Variel and Dolgan, but their martial grace and armor save them from harm. Two pale men see Laertius in the rear, and move toward him. Map
    Spoiler
    Show
    None of you have seen or heard anything about these creatures, but you are certain that they are demons of Chaos.) After Dolgan goes, we’re going to continue with all PCs going first because you all readied/delayed, and then all the pale men.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

As the strange pale creatures leave the water, Dolgan quickly sends a bolt of white light towards one of them. Then, when the enemies are by his side, Dolgan blocks their attacks with his shield, raises his axe above his head and shouts "By the everlasting fires of Moradin! Feel its Flame!". The axe suddenly flashes with a brightness beyond words, bathing all the field around him in light.

Spoiler
    Show
    HP 86+8/86 Healing Surge 21 (0 used /9)
    AC 29 Fort 25 Reflex 24 Will 27

First, the delayed attack as they leave the water:
    Sacred Flame @Pale5, Wisdom vs. Reflex (here's hoping that having water around their legs makes their reflex worse). Divine, Radiant
    To Hit Pale1 - (1d20+15)[9](24)
    Damage - (1d6+8)[3](11)
    If it hits, Variel gets 5 temporary HP

Then, after they have attacked, my regular turn:
    Solar Wrath (Divine, Radiant; Burst 8.) Wisdom vs. Will
    To Hit Pale1 - (1d20+15)[14](29)
    To Hit Pale2 - (1d20+15)[1](16)
    To Hit Pale3 - (1d20+15)[9](24)
    To Hit Pale4 - (1d20+15)[14](29)
    To Hit Pale5 - (1d20+15)[1](16)
    To Hit Pale6 - (1d20+15)[11](26)
    Damage - (3d8+8)[4][8][3](23)

All enemies hit are stunned until the end of my next turn if they are demons or undead.

Edit: great. two 1s. And the rest of the rolls aren't great, either.
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2009-01-31 at 01:14 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80

Laertius

Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 78/78 AC: 30 Fortitude: 24 Reflex: 26 Will: 23

With a vicious snarl, the horned magus sinks his teeth into the palm of his free hand and flicks droplets of blood at the monstrosities trying to close with him. On contact the blood seeps into their bodies with a flash of blue flame, contesting their control over their own muscles and making every movement ruinously harmful.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move: North six hexes.
    Standard: Blood Pulse Pale 5 and Pale 6
    Attack Pale 5: (1d20+16)[26] vs Will
    Attack Pale 6: (1d20+16)[30] vs Will
    Hit: (2d6+11)[21] damage and until the end of my next turn, they take 1d6 for every space they leave
    Last edited by Vox Clamantis; 2009-01-31 at 01:50 PM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

Reed flashes out of the bushes like a startled hare, but the blade that streaks into the pale men's leader seems more like the bite of a wolf before its owner vanishes again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Current Status:
    Spoiler
    Show

HP 73/73 Surge 18 Used 0/6
    AC 27 Fort 22 Ref 28 Will 24

Use From the Shadows (E7), shifting right 4 up-right 1 before attacking Pale1.
    Attack vs. AC - (1d20+23)[14](37)
    Damage if hit - (2d4+9)[3][3](15)+Sneak Attack - (3d8)[7][6][3](16)
    -If hit, use power-granted shift with Reckless Scramble to move right-down 5 left-down 2, putting me in the bushes down and right from where Laertius started and letting me make a Stealth check to hide.
    Stealth - (1d20+20)[20](40)
    -If Missed, move up-left 4 left 2, putting me in the bushes at the top.

My movement is a bit complicated due to the strange shifting From the Shadows grants; suffice it to say that if I hit I'm probably hidden, and if not I'm just far away from the enemy.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Variel

Spoiler
    Show
    Hp 100/100 AC 30 Fort 23 Ref 25 Will 23

Variel turns towards the Pale Man on the far side of Dolgan, and spreads out the fingers of his left hand, placing his Aegis of Assault on the creature.

Lightning crackles along the length of his blade, wrapping along its deadly edge as he brings it down on the creature immediately ahead of him, hoping to spread the damage across the enemies before him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aegis of Assault on Pale4 as a Minor.
    Lightning Clash Encounter power on Pale3: Int vs AC: (1d20+18)[9](27)
    If it hits, open the spoiler below:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Damage: (1d8+11)[1](12)
    Lightning Clash Allows a secondary attack on Pale2
    Int vs Reflex (1d20+15)[2](17) for (1d6+9)[3](12) lightning damage
    Also using the Lightning Longsword Daily Power as a free action, since I hit with a melee attack. The target (Pale3) and enemies within 2 squares of it take (1d6+1)[6](7) lightning damage.

23. - Top - End - #83

Map

When Laertius retreats and fires off his spell, the nearest pale man is incited to an incredible burst of speed. It not only catches up to Laertius, but takes a swing at him too. The grasping hand goes wide though, and the changeling’s spell wracks the pale men with pain. Dolgan’s prayers blast the pale men, stunning most of them. Reed’s expert blade slices open the already flagging lead pale man, who does not get up after toppling over. Variel’s crackling blade cuts a gash into one of his foe’s arms, but his next swing goes wide.

The two unstunned pale men grope at Variel and Laertius, but prove too clumsy.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pale1 is dead.
    Pale3 is bloodied.
    All pale men except for 2 and 5 are stunned.
    Variel, gain 5 temp HP from Dolgan’s Sacred Flame.
    NecroRebel, I only moved you north because when I followed your directions Reed ended up in the open. If you want to hide in another bush, I’ll retro it.
    Last edited by Tequila Sunrise; 2009-01-31 at 11:56 PM.

24. - Top - End - #84

Laertius

With a sneer of contempt at the grasping demon's attempts to lay a hand on him, the devilish conjurer takes a step back and stretches his bloody palm out towards his attacker. An impossible gusher of blood spouts from the wound and forms a clenched fist, smashing the pale thing away with inhuman strength before flowing back into the wound.

Spoiler
    Show
    Capitalizing on Blood Pulse's lingering effect!
    Move: Shift one NE
    Standard: Spectral Ram at Pale 5
    Attack: (1d20+16)[22] vs Fortitude
    Hit: (2d10+11)[17] damage and the target is pushed 3 squares, taking (3d6)[17] damage from Blood Pulse for leaving 3 squares

What a monumental waste of a good power combination.
    Last edited by Vox Clamantis; 2009-02-01 at 12:50 AM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    That move action was actually only if I had missed with my attack. From the Shadows lets me shift 1+Cha before I attack and 1+Cha if I hit, so I had only intended to actually use a move action if I missed, as I felt that I wouldn't be hidden then and moving north would put me in a place where I would be safe from attack. Still, no harm done, and my movement was confusing, I admit.

By the motion I had meant to use, it would've put me 4 right and 2 down-right from where Pale6 is now, but I'd rather you keep me where I am now. I'm hoping to take out Pale3 and leave Pale5 flanked with Laertius with my actions now.

Reed emerges from hiding one last time, moving to force the creature near his tiefling ally to deal with him before sending a dagger to the one Variel had wounded.

Spoiler
    Show
    Current Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP 73/73 Surge 18 Used 0/6
    AC 27 (33 vs. OAs) Fort 22 Ref 28 Will 24
    Effectively AC 31/37 if my attack this round hits, and have concealment for another effective +2 to all defenses if Pale3 drops.

Move 4 down-right to flank Pale5, use Trickster's Blade on Pale3.
    Attack vs. AC - (1d20+23)[14](37)
    Damage if hit - (2d4+9)[3][3](15)+Sneak Attack - (3d8)[2][7][2](11)
    If hit, I gain +4 AC until the end of my next turn.

Pale 5 gets no opportunity attack against me since I'm hidden in my Blackshroud Dagger's concealment during my movement and before my attack, since I dropped a creature to 0 with that weapon. After the attack, I'm no longer hidden, but do have concealment if Pale3 drops, so all creatures get -2 attack against me.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Seeing the demons fall under the combined powers of his companions, Dolgan barks a short laugh. Then, still holding his axe up, he exclaims, "Demonspawn, taste Moradin's Thunder!". As he says those words, a massive thunderbolt inerrantly hits the axe, which is infused with the raw energies of the bolt. Dolgan hits the demon in front of him, causing its body to shake and be launched backwards onto the ground.

Spoiler
    Show

Not sure if these things are affected by turn undead, but Dolgan would know, I would imagine. By the way, are they vulnerable to Radiant? I expect it would be obvious after Dolgan's first attack.

*If* Dolgan knows they are affected or is not sure, Dolgan steps north-east into the bush and turns undead (the step is so that blast 5 hits the one by Laertius)
    Wisdom vs. Will, Radiant damage
    To Hit Pale2 - (1d20+15)[1](16)
    To Hit Pale3 - (1d20+17)[3](20)
    To Hit Pale4 - (1d20+17)[7](24)
    To Hit Pale5 - (1d20+15)[11](26)
    To Hit Pale6 - (1d20+17)[12](29)
    Damage - (3d10+8)[6][2][2](18)
    All hit are pushed 3 squares and immobilised for a turn. All not hit take half damage.

*If* knows they are not affected, Dolgan hits Pale4 (Pale3 if pale4 is dead) with Split the Sky, Strength vs. Fortitude, thunder damage
    To Hit Pale4 - (1d20+19)[13](32)
    Damage - (1d12+10)[11](21)
    Critical - (2d10)[3][9](12)
    If hit, pushed two squares and prone.
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2009-02-01 at 01:13 PM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Variel

Spoiler
    Show
    Hp 105/100 AC 30 Fort 23 Ref 25 Will 23

Variel concentrates on the web of power that spreads over his blade, and the lightning stops dancing along the length of the sword. He feels the Chaos power throb within him, and embraces it willingly, channeling its forces against the very monsters that it created as his blade lunges forward.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lightning Clutch encounter power, from Anarch of Shyr
    Against Pale2 (unstunned) Int vs AC: (1d20+18)[19](37)
    If it hits, (2d8+11)[5][5](21) damage, and Pale2 gets marked with a special Aegis of Assault that does not force him to remove the Aegis from Pale4

28. - Top - End - #88

Map

Laertius’ foe shrugs off his blood spell, who surges forward again to attack. It lets out a weird moan-scream as Laertius avoids all its swings with ease. Reed’s thrown dagger only narrowly misses its target (hit!) Dolgan’s prayer hits his foe, throwing it backward. Variel’s sword forces his foe to move quickly (hit!). Suddenly one of Variel’s foes becomes fixated on Reed, and rushes the Halfling. Caught off guard, Reed stumbles as he barely avoids the creature’s grasp (take 16 damage). In an instant, Variel is attacking the creature and manages to open a shallow wound on its back.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Crucival, I moved Variel as I thought you would want him to, for the sake of expediency. If you’d rather he did something else, I’ll retro it.
    Pales 2, 3 and 4 are bloodied.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Variel

Spoiler
    Show
    Hp 105/100 AC 30 Fort 23 Ref 25 Will 23

Spoiler
    Show
    That movement looks fine, for the Aegis of Assault ability. (that's why he moved, right? It's the teleport action?) It didn't matter this time, but you should know that the Anarch of Shyr path gives him a +2 circumstance bonus on the melee attack roll he gets when Aegis of Assault triggers.

Variel watches as the creature, still bleeding from its open wound, rushes by him to attack the wily halfling. He narrows his eyes, and then shuts them, concentrating, and as the creature swings at Reed, he blinks out of existence beside Dolgan and reappears behind the Pale Man, his sword already on the downswing into the creature's exposed back, a lingering *bamf* sound hanging in the air.

"Reed, hold still..." He slams his eyes shut again, and with a pair of *bamf*s, Reed and Variel have teleported, switching positions on the battlefield and allowing the halfling to attack the marked creature's back.

He then shifts his grip on his blade, and thrusts it into the creature's waiting face, the swing of the blade echoing with the threat of thunder.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using Dimensional Warp Encounter Power as a minor action, to switch Reed and Variel's places. Then using Booming Blade At-will Power:

Int vs AC on Pale2: (1d20+18)[9](27)
    Damage: (1d8+11)[6](17)

If Pale2 tries to move out of that square before my next turn, he takes (1d6+3)[5](8) thunder damage.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

Dolgan looks around with satisfaction at the enemies thrown all around him. The battle was turning out rather well. Reed had been hurt, but it didn't look serious... yet. He could probably last a little longer. Besides, he had plenty of help around him. Dolgan decides to take care of the demon still standing next to him. "Moradin, guide my axe!" he shouts as he moves towards him. Once more, his axe is bright with the power of Dolgan's plea.

Spoiler
    Show

Move next to Pale3 (to its north-east).
    Free action: Channel Divinity: Divine Fortune
    Free Action: Smite Evil
    Standard action: Awe Strike; Strength vs Will
    To Hit Pale3 - (1d20+18)[14](32)
    Damage - (1d12+10)[10](20)+2 from Smite evil, which I forgot
    Critical - (2d12)[7][3](10)
    If it hits, enemy is immobilized until the end of your next turn
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2009-02-01 at 02:11 PM.