New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Rahton Ruckus IC Thread

Rahton seems to be a very bustling small town. People scurry about the streets on various errands. However, their haste isn't out of other pressing appointments. Indeed, the people seem scared to be out of their houses. The shouts of guards chasing criminals in the distance echo off once pristine buildings that now show signs of disrepair. Doors slam on houses with what appears to be newly barricaded windows. The governor's mansion stands grimly in the town center, eerily shadowed in the morning light; a stark reminder of the missing leadership that led to the current state of affairs.

(OOC: link to OOC Thread and Rolling Thread)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Rahton Ruckus IC Thread

Coming from the south, a tall, lean figure is aproaching the city gates. With yellow-orange skin and grey hair there is no mistaking him for anything else but a Hobgoblin. He walks in measured steps, eating up the ground quickly and efficiently, head held high. His weapons and armor seem to be in perfect condition, but the rest of his equipment looks like it has seen better days. On his shield a serrated Hobgoblin Longsword can be seen, a variant symbol of Dol Dorn, God of Strength and Steel, used in the lands of Darguun. The sword closely resembles the one he carries by his side.

When he is not challenged at the gates he enters the town of Rahton, looking around as if in search for something. Taking in the scenes of unrest, a frown forms on his face. When he finds the governor's mansion in the center of town his amber eyes light up and something that could be interpreted as a smile shows on his face. He walks over to the building and stops to stand a few feet away from it, in perfect parade rest.
    Act well before thinking!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Griffon

An uneducated person might mistake this creature for a shifter with unusually strong bestial features, but somebody with knowledge of the more reclusive humanoid races of the world will easily identify her as one of the catfolk of the southern plains. She appears like a panther walking upright, due to her very feline face and the dark fur that covers her entire body. Despite her animal-like appearance, however, the extraordinary grace of her movements and her melodic voice, should one hear her speak, make her appear more attractive than fearsome.

She wears the symbol of the Daggerspell Guardians, a moderately famous order of warrior-spellcasters. It seems to let her be tolerated by most who recognize the symbol, though still somewhat distrusted. She has a pair of daggers - the trademark of her organization - strapped to her hips at all times.

The feline walks the streets of the city with a purpose, heading for the mansion of the governor. Once there, she finds that she is not the only one who responded to the call for help. The other prospective adventurer does not seem to be the kind of creature you'd expect around here, either - but then again, she is much the same, she reminds herself, and decides that working together is probably the best plan of action. She approaches the hobgoblin with a friendly smile.

"Hello there... are you here on this search for the ruler as well?"

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Kranor

"A good day to you, too! My name is Kranor and just like you I came here to save this town from unrest."

You are not sure, but he might be smiling.
    Last edited by Simba; 2009-01-28 at 09:49 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Griffon

"Then we should work on this together, don't you think? I'm Nera of the Roaming Fox tribe, by the way."

With a cheerful smile, she extends her hand to Kranor.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

As he enters Rahton, the growing doubt that has been welling up in Absen begins to show on his face. Nothing about him is particularly spectacular. He stands slightly under six feet tall, and he almost blends in with the other guards in the city. His armor is in need of some polish, but it is otherwise clearly maintained. A worn leather scabbard hangs on his belt, and a small sheild is strapped to his back, over a small pack full of rations. His small green eyes dart around, absorbing and analying his surrounding. At the moment, they analyze the povery and disarray around him, and he silently wonders how grand of a reward a city in this condition can afford to pay for their request, especially for a seemingly difficult request.

Deciding to worry about that later, he begins to make his way towards the mansion in the very center of the town. In front of the building, he catches sight of two distinct, armed humanoid figures, and he picks up his pace, hoping that they are either fellow responders to the offer. As he reaches them, he begins to speak, looking first at the mansion, then at his potential partners.

"Good morning. Are you two here for the search party?"

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Griffon

Nera nods to the man, eyeing him carefully. Judging by his equipment, he seems like a capable warrior, so there is little doubt as to what he is here for.

"That's correct. More help is always welcome, too, if you're willing to accompany us... what may we call you?"

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

just around the corner, a young and quite grim man comes over. he was likely there before, wacthing the small group gently grouping in the ground around the governor's pallace...

His beard is poorly shaved, like growing for 5 days or so - his hair is a mess, floating lightly in the wind going as low as to his chin, almost hiding his face. his head is a bit low and his eyes seems to be looking to all sides. He's wearing just a light armor, heavy adreesed with runes and simbols and some loose cloth stripes. he's using a pretty large scythe as a walking stick, soundly touching it to the gound in every step, as if announcing his aproach.

he dosent's seem very firendly "humm, more people. here to grab the missing man?"
    only when se stops moving you can see some form of shadow just behind him - you can't figure it's shape yet, but looks just as unfriendly as the human it follows.
    Playing:
    Shoe, the make-belive gun dealer
    Akira, the psichyc warrior

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

Absen smiles politely and gives a slight bow to the others, including the unshaven man just arriving.

"My name is Absen Doriel. A pleasure to make your acquaintance. And your names are?"
    Last edited by ...Eh?; 2009-01-28 at 08:45 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

As the gathering before the governor's mansion grows, a loud scuffle can be heard coming out of a nearby alleyway. Soon a man in tattered clothes stumbles backwards on to the street. He is followed soon by a man in uniform demanding his surrender. As the bedraggled fugitive turns to run, he trips and spills the contents of the bag he's carrying, spilling all sorts of what appears to be valuable good on to the road. In a flash the pursuer is on him, handcuffs flashing out of his pocket on on to the man's hands. As he drags the man up, he glances at the group gathered at the mansion gates. He smiles and shouts to them, rather sarcastically: "Well met, adventurers! Hope you fare better than the last 2 groups!" before dragging the captive, kicking and screaming, back down they alley from which they came. Another man in uniform calmly walks out from the same direction and proceeds to gather the objects from the road. When he's finished, he walks over to the group and states calmly "Do not mind my partner. He's merely tired of chasing petty criminals all day. I'm assuming you are here regarding our request to find our governor?"
    Last edited by stymaximus; 2009-01-29 at 12:11 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Kranor

"Yes, we are! My name is Kranor and these are Absen, Nera and ...."

Kranor points at the people he names, hesitating in time to give the yet unnamed stranger time to give his name.
    Last edited by Simba; 2009-01-29 at 03:47 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

"Golimar."

now you can see the shape of the moving shadow - some short of phanter. it's either an ilusion or incorporial (or something like that) and dosen't seem capable of biting someone. nevertheless, it's still uneasy to stay close to it.
    Playing:

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

Griffon

Nera eyes Golimar and his apparent follower more closely. A strange fellow, that's for sure. The shape of whatever is behind him is quite appealing to her, but its apparent nature less so.

"And who is your... companion, Mr. Golimar?" she asks rather straightforwardly.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

As dry as the desenrt sand and as emotionless as brick Golimar turns his head and awnser to the strange werecat who adressed his Dark Companion "Dhogg."

(looks ahead again, for a second. then he turns again to Nera) "My familiar." (ambiguous grin across the face) "dosen't bite.".
    Playing:

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

Griffon

"Is that so." Nera observes the shadowy cat for a moment, seeming a bit conflicted... finally, her curiosity wins, and she kneels down next to the panther and attempts to pet it.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Golimar, Hexblade

Nera's hand just crosses the phanter head, with no effect (except for the phanter's confused face). no doubt it's an illusion now. A still unaesy illusion.
    "well, that's not exactly a familiar. (pause)It's something else, but I won't bother you with arcane nonsense over that issue."

Golimar takes a look at Nera's dagger simbol. quite pretty, but totaly unknown to him.
    Playing:

17. - Top - End - #17
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

The guard looks over the group, hesitating briefly as his eyes meet the phantasm behind Golimar. He seems slightly uneasy as the hand that went to pet it passed through it, but shakes it off and turns once again to the group as a whole "In any case, thank you for coming. Allow me to welcome you on behalf of the entire town to Rahton. I am Lieutenant Feriot, of the town guard." He bows deeply to the group before addressing them again. "As my colleague mentioned, you are not the first group to undertake this task. Indeed you are the third set of adventurers we've had to entreat for help, and we are rather desperate. I will be happy to answer any questions you have regarding this mess and will provide any additional equipment that you may need that it is in my power to provide you. I need not remind you, going by the current state of things, that time is of the essence. Now, how may I assist you?"

18. - Top - End - #18
    Barbarian in the Playground

An iron being walks toward the group with a huge sword on his back along with a bow an quiver. He is very well plated with mithral. His armor is a shiny silver, and he has light yellow eyes. Greetings I am Kiev. I think I could help you in the quest for the Governor.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

golimar

(to Feriot, apatic)"what happened to the others groups? they just got inside and vanished forever?"

(to Kiev, ironic)"Hum? Yeah, whatever. I mean, wellcome to our fantastic team of brave adventurers. Golimar here"
    Playing:

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Kranor

"Hi Kiev, good to have you! My name is Kranor" says Kranor. He turns to the Officer of the watch "It would inddet be interesting to know that, Sir"

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

As the metallic...man... approaches, the lieutenant visibly gawks briefly before taking a step away from the behemoth and regaining his composure. He continues, "To be frank, yes that's exactly what happened. In fact, one could say that's what happened to our governor as well. He took time, once a week, to conduct some private business in his personal office. It would usually take all day and he absolutely insisted that he not be disturbed during that time. It wasn't until the next day came and he missed the opening of our new jail that anybody knew something was wrong. Of course we investigated our own public servants first, but that turned up nothing. Nobody had any reason to want the governor dead... That's when we called on help from adenturers... and then they went missing too..." As he finishes speaking, his eyes move to the towering house. He shudders briefly, once again having to visibly regain his senses.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Kranor

"Has there ever been anything else, anything special about this house? Or does your fear of it come from the disapearences alone?" Kranor asks, looking at the imposing building.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

"I wish there were another explanation" sighs the officer, his shoulders sagging. "We've exhausted every lead that we have. We had been investigating the office, but after the first set of adventurers disappeared nobody even wanted to go near the house. That was months ago. We're at our wit's end. Anything you could do would be greatly appreciated. Here, I'll open the gate for you. I'm afraid I haven't any more time to linger, I have to attend to the processing of criminals at the prison. Please let us know anything you discover. I'll be at the guard headquarters, on the northeastern end of town." The man quickly produces a set of keys which he uses to open the massive gates. The iron creaks loudly as he pushes one of the halves open, revealing the front entrance. "Best of luck to you!" he calls back before hurredly disappearing down the alley he emerged from.
    Last edited by stymaximus; 2009-02-04 at 05:27 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

(speakingveryquicklyinawayitbarelymakessense)"thank-you-for-opening-the-jaws-of-bloody-oblivion-for-us-I-feel-at-home-now-goodbye!"

the very, very strange man takes a few steps frontward toward the gate (using the scythe as a walking stick again). He stops and looks at the other members of the newfound party, with a ambigous smile "is there anyone good at scouting ahead? like, for activating the traps?"

perhaps it would be wise to question his sanity?
    or your own sanity, for entering a unknown house of misery with a bunch of armed, unknown man, for the safety of another unknow man and his unknown subjects?
    Playing:

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Kranor

"I very much doubt that the front doors of this mansion are trapped!" Kranor says, walking passed Golimar and into the house, drawing his Hobgoblin sword and readying his shield. "Too many people have passed through them. I guess the real danger awaits us inside, hidden somewhere near the governor's office!"

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

Griffon

Nera smiles at the very, very strange man, showing her fangs just a little. "If you're scared, you can still run away. I won't think any less of you for it, I promise."

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

golimar

Golimar checks up his armor, potions in the belt, as if assuring everying was in place and in condition. (smiling again, to the werecat)"unless we find a paladin lecturing over honour, nobility, duty and holy will with 1700 years old ideals and ideas, no, I won't be scared. Only such a depravation over reason and actual reallity could make me run..."...into his lying troath

(thinking to himself) traps.... hummm... what's that other word for trap? booty trap? no.... surprise? no, no.... damm it, I forgot that word!... what was it...
    Playing:

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Paladins or no paladins, we're not going to find much standing outside," Absen says, walking in behind Kranor, although at a bit of a distance. If the Golimar happened to be right about the traps, Absen would much prefer it if hobgoblin set them off.
    Last edited by ...Eh?; 2009-02-06 at 03:41 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

Griffon

"True enough." Nera looks up at the iron man with a curious smile, then bows politely before walking through the door right behind the human.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

Walking through the door, you are greeted by a vision of long forgotten grandeur. Ornate carved wood lines the hallways which are spotted with exquisite art from around the world (even a few places where, it seems, some of these paintings should be). Gold leaf flakes off in places, and is picked clean away in others. Lavish rugs, now laden with dust, greet you as you walk in, letting visitors know that this is the quality that the house's owner deems suitable for his guests to stamp the mud off their feet. Still, the mansion gives an aura of splendor and wealth. Two massive staircases lead up, curving around and leading to an overhead balcony of sorts with doors leading all around the main hall. Most noticeable, though, is a massive set of double doors on the upper floor; front and center of the main hall.