New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice, The Seventh Saga

Quote Originally Posted by SilentNight View Post
    Absolutely brilliant. Better yet, bake cupcakes and stick them in the top, although that might be overdoing it.
    *looks up from making a booklet of coupons for a dozen cupcakes topped with 'Good for one HUG' coupons on top*

You can overdo it?
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ogre in the Playground

I like the flower idea. Stagey people love flowers. Almost all stagey people, regardless of gender. I think it would be nice as a guy because the girls are always getting flowers, ya know? But when was the last time someone sent a guy a flower? Just send/give more than one flower. Because one flower, in my opinion, is a bit poetic. And we all know how poetry is

Marriage talk: The last girl I dated, who I dated for... almost 2 years, talked about getting married on occasion. Mainly, I think, because she was very fundamental and wanted to have sex. A lot.

With my current girlfriend (who I've known/dated off&on for 2.5 years), I almost never get this question. With the exception of her gay friend's boyfriend, who thinks we are cute and should definitely be together forever.

I like to tell people that it happens at different rates for different couples, and all that pressure might be creating some undue tension which could, in fact, discourage marriage. In essence, a kinder, nicer form of "piss off."
    I am continuing to have a social life. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Serious-Jedi-Me-Avatar by RTG0922. Thanks. Cat-assassin-avatar by onasuma, who I was too dumb to thank. Thanks for that too!

3. - Top - End - #453

I've never much liked the idea of flowers, either to give or receive. It seems to me that they mostly just die.

Sweet Friendship Jayne avatar by Crown of Thorns

4. - Top - End - #454

@Hesquidor -
    The problem with sending flowers, especially with a girl giving a guy flowers, is that it can very easily be misinterpreted into thinking that you're interested in them, in spite of how clear you think your intentions might be. Now, if you are, in fact, interested in them, disregard this story.

Story to illustrate point - At my college we had Friday Flowers, where a local flower company would set up a table on campus and sell little bouquets of flowers that students would then place in other students' mailboxes. It was common practice among our friends (at least the girls) to give one another flowers for little to no reason whatsoever. At some point, one of my male friends mentioned that he had never in his life received flowers from anyone. Next Friday, I get him a small bouquet, which I think was something like 3 daisies. The note that I put with it said something along the lines of 'Everyone should get flowers sometime in their life. =)' I thought that I was being friendly and cute....he took it as hitting on him. This led to a very awkward conversation where he explained to me that he wasn't interested in dating me, and I had to explain that I already had a boyfriend and was merely giving him the flowers because I felt bad that he had never gotten any. This awkwardness remained for a few weeks.

So...point....be careful with flowers, they have inherently romantic connotations. Of course, if it's common practice among the people in your drama group to give flowers that may be different...but anyway make sure they're going to say what you want them to.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
    I've never much liked the idea of flowers, either to give or receive. It seems to me that they mostly just die.
    . .
    Quote Originally Posted by bash.org
    #151227 +(8341)- [X]

IronChef Foicite: well, there's a lot of reasons
    IronChef Foicite: i mean, roses only last like a couple weeks
    IronChef Foicite: and that's if you leave them in water
    IronChef Foicite: and they really only exist to be pretty
    IronChef Foicite: so that's like saying
    IronChef Foicite: "my love for you is transitory and based solely on your appearance"
    IronChef Foicite: but a potato!
    IronChef Foicite: potatos last for ever, man
    IronChef Foicite: in fact, not only will they not rot, they actually grow even if you just leave them in the sack
    IronChef Foicite: that part alone makes it a good symbol
    IronChef Foicite: but there's more!
    IronChef Foicite: there are so many ways to enjoy a potato! you can even make a battery with it!
    IronChef Foicite: and that's like saying "i have many ways in which I show my love for you"
    IronChef Foicite: and potatos may be ugly, but they're still awesome
    IronChef Foicite: so that's like saying "it doesn't matter at all what you look like, I'll still love you"

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

6. - Top - End - #456

Rawhide, that is so awesome that I pretty much need to find a romantic partner right now just so I can give them a potato.

Sweet Friendship Jayne avatar by Crown of Thorns

7. - Top - End - #457

As someone to whom potatoes are quite possibly my favorite food...that would be awesome. Especially if you then cooked it for me. And brought me another one the next day.

And um...while potatoes may not rot, exactly, if you leave them in a bag too long, they will liquefy.....which is not really so great.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hmm. What about when mold starts eating them?

Hmm. Now how do you tell the difference between missing someone in particular and missing having someone, anyone at all?

Or rather, how does one tell the difference between missing one's ex and missing having a girlfriend?

In other news, how does one get someone out of their head? So that they stop thinking about said person whenever they lay down to sleep and so have their dreams.... influenced Or haunted.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-03-06 at 04:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alarra View Post
    As someone to whom potatoes are quite possibly my favorite food...that would be awesome. Especially if you then cooked it for me. And brought me another one the next day.

And um...while potatoes may not rot, exactly, if you leave them in a bag too long, they will liquefy.....which is not really so great.
    Potato Vodka! The gift that keeps on giving!
    Witness my glory and know that when my darkness fades, if you yet live, it is because an ally does not.

AN EMPTY SPOT WITHIN MY CRAW CRAVES YOUR FLESH, YOUR BONES BLED RAW!
    YOUR FEAR! YOUR FEAR! SO SWEET! SO STRONG! TO TEASE MY TONGUE, YOUR LIVES ARE GONE!
    YOUR ODDS UNFAVORED, MY WEB TOO STRONG! SPEED WON'T NEGATE A LINE STEPPED WRONG!
    YOU DARE? DARE SMITE THIS AWESOME BEAST? YOUR FATES ARE SEALED AS MY NEXT FEAST!
    HEED THIS BECK AND HEAR THIS CALL! FIGHT ME STILL, YOUR WILLS SHALL FALL!

10. - Top - End - #460
    Troll in the Playground

My future romantic interest/s should watch out, for potatoes shall now be given aplenty.

Hesquidor, I'd say it's perfectly allright to give him flowers. If I were to receive flowers I would very much appreciate them. However, can you clarify - do you have any romantic interest in him?

Sykes, how about "What's a marriage?". That'll stop a few people. Act as if you've never heard of it before.

Coid, well, the important thing is that you know there is a difference. I suppose you need to think about what it is that you miss - do you miss intimate times, or the person you did them with? Do you miss having fun, or the person you had fun with?

Can't really give you a sure fire way of working it out. Sorry. And as far as forgetting someone... yeah, if you work it out, post here. I think a lot of people will be interested.
    Last edited by Felixaar; 2009-03-06 at 04:50 AM.
    Live, Laugh, Learn, Love,
    and Look both ways
    when you cross the street

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post

In other news, how does one get someone out of their head? So that they stop thinking about said person whenever they lay down to sleep and so have their dreams.... influenced Or haunted.
    Gradually, or until you meet someone new.

However, just as soon you get them out of your head, they'll call you (but not a moment sooner). Or at least, that's what I learned from the movie Swingers.

Also, of note in Swingers:

1) Always double down on an eleven
    2) You can make Wayne Gretzky's head bleed in NHL '94 (the Kings are a finesse team)
    3) Wait two days before calling after you get a number
    4) Never, ever leave more than one message on an answering machine
    5) Going to Vegas is always a good idea, just stay away from the $100 table
    6) You're money and you don't even know it

12. - Top - End - #462
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb The Troll View Post
    *looks up from making a booklet of coupons for a dozen cupcakes topped with 'Good for one HUG' coupons on top*

You can overdo it?
    I will be receiving at least one of these, I presume
    and Look both ways

13. - Top - End - #463

NecromancerGuy

Hmm... Both. I guess I'll just have to go with RAGE as my response of choice.

Especially since I have no idea of how else to proceed.

Hmm...
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-03-06 at 01:13 PM.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #464
    Troll in the Playground

*hugs Coid* it'll get better, mate. Try not to do anything you'll regret later.
    and Look both ways

15. - Top - End - #465
    Troll in the Playground

I was going out with my friend but she dumped me on valentines day *awwww's from the addiance.* and after about three months I went out with another girl who I found out to be my friends best friend and she kissed me in front of friend and now friend is ignoring me and my other friend tried to kiss new girlfriend so she kicked him in the BALLS and now he and friend ignore me and my other friend saw me kissing girlfriend and she dosn't like me and we never went out so my friends were telling me she liked. But anyway, My friends are starting to ignore me and girlfriend dosn't say hi to me in the halls anymore and I don't know whats happening so maybe it's because i'm just a dumb boy and can't see whats going on in girls minds so I need help.

*gasps for air*
    ____

16. - Top - End - #466

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Felixaar View Post
    *hugs Coid* it'll get better, mate. Try not to do anything you'll regret later.
    Like leave her a facebook message confessing the fact that I still have feelings for her so she finds it when she gets back from going to a chinese night club with her new friends overseas?

Or getting a tattoo with her name on it? What kind of regretful actions are we talking here?

I mean, I'm currently investigating sleep aids to deal with the fact I'm having trouble sleeping partially due to her.

Edit: And she just told me to leave her alone forever. Well, at least that'll be easy to do with her in China.

V^: I think you're a bit more ouch. Also, we could use a bit more clarity as to what's going on.

Now, who is the girl you went out with and dumped you on valentine's day?

Who is the other girl that you went on a date with and kissed(?) you?

Who is girlfriend?

Who is girl that kneed your friend in the balls?
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-03-06 at 10:16 PM.
    Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #467
    Troll in the Playground

Ouch, dude...
    ____

18. - Top - End - #468
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hey RWA thread - I'm usually pretty good about seduction related things, but today I have a question that I think the more caring folk of this thread would be well armed to answer:

My roommate recently had a pretty rough breakup. She was his first real girlfriend and they'd been fairly close for around seven months. I met her at about the same time he did (when we started the school year), so I've known both of them for the entirety of their relationship. To make things even more awkward for him, she lives a floor above us so he has to see her almost every day. I'm not really sure what I should be doing to help him out.

For the most part, should I just leave it alone? Should I try to get him hooked up?

Edit: Crimson, would you mind rephrasing your problem? I could probably piece through it, but I'd much prefer it if you simplified things for me. Try using names (not necessarily real ones) but some sort of identifiers would help.
    Last edited by Highwarlord; 2009-03-06 at 10:12 PM.
    Just an affable fellow, really.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Troll in the Playground

I dated a friend: brake up. Dated her friend (apperently) and she kissed me in front of her. Connor triede to make a move on my girlfriend and got a kick in his BALLS. We kissed again when I had to leave for 8th period and Meg saw, so now she talks to me less for some reason. And now slowly everyone that used to be close, or my friend are drifting away and I don't know why.
    ____

20. - Top - End - #470
    Troll in the Playground

Edit: And she just told me to leave her alone forever. Well, at least that'll be easy to do with her in China.
    Ignoring this admonition would be a big mistake. I'd say practically any physical manifestation of the emotions your feeling right now could be potentially dangerous and regretful - the battle is lost, game over. Fall back and re group.

And be damned careful with those Sleeping Aids.

Crimson, try to apologise and talk to your friends and girlfriend. If that doesn't work, make new friends and forget about girlfriends.

Highwarlord, hooking your friend up, while an admirable attempt to help, is probably not a very good idea right now. Rather, just tell him that if he needs anything or wants to talk to someone, he can talk to you. And remind him about this often (the fact he can talk to you, not his break up).

Obviously, if he decides to put his trust in you, don't betray it.
    and Look both ways

21. - Top - End - #471
    Troll in the Playground

Crimson, try to apologise and talk to your friends and girlfriend. If that doesn't work, make new friends and forget about girlfriends.
    .... I'm straight.
    ____

22. - Top - End - #472

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Highwarlord View Post
    For the most part, should I just leave it alone? Should I try to get him hooked up?
    Best thing you can do for him right now would be to try to minimize anything to bring her up and anything that'll bring them in contact, to a reasonable extent. Basically, make sure he's living his life, get him out of his shell and to meet new people if too many of their friends were the same people...

...I just don't get why she suddenly got all rude like that. That's the worst thing. Right now. Anyway. Gragh.

Edit: Can't physically manifest anything. She's in China. I'm not.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-03-06 at 10:26 PM.
    Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
    .... I'm straight.
    "Don't pursue any romantic interests at the current time."

24. - Top - End - #474
    Troll in the Playground

.... I'm straight.
    I... never said you weren't? What I meant is that you should probably take a break from relationships for a while? It seems like it's just too tumoultuous a time for ... the time being. You become the single guy and live a life of freedom. It's hard at first, but it gets better every day, and then eventually when you least expect you meet a girl who takes your breath away.

edit: yeah, what the bitchin' dude with the bitchin' hair said.

Coid, I didn't mean things you could do to her, but things you might do yourself... just be careful, okay?
    Last edited by Felixaar; 2009-03-06 at 10:33 PM.
    and Look both ways

25. - Top - End - #475
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    "Don't pursue any romantic interests at the current time."
    *rocks back and forth and tries not to think about her.*
    ____

26. - Top - End - #476

NecromancerGuy

^: Go out. Right now. outdoor gear as necessary. Walk for two miles. Explore. Poke around. Don't do anything stupid. But explore.

I think I'm going to go take a walk to clear my head. And my heartburn.

Coid, I didn't mean things you could do to her, but things you might do yourself... just be careful, okay?
    No worries there. I'm far too used to feeling horrible. May or may not have any bearing on why she's sick of me. Don't usually share it. Not even with myself. But that's mostly Depression Thread stuff. No worries, mate. Dumbest things have been me talking to her/still loving her/the breakup in the first place.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-03-06 at 10:38 PM.
    Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #477
    Troll in the Playground

^: Go out. Right now. outdoor gear as necessary. Walk for two miles. Explore. Poke around. Don't do anything stupid. But explore.
    I'm 12...
    ____

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm 12...
    Then find some other engrossing activity to occupy your mind. Physical exercise is best, of course, but if you can't head out now, bear it in mind for tomorrow. Just don't dwell on her.

yeah, what the bitchin' dude with the bitchin' hair said.
    Yeah, I'm going to put this in my sig. And I'm going to have to vector the other pics of this character that're lying around.
    Last edited by Keris; 2009-03-06 at 10:44 PM.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Troll in the Playground

I'm 12...
    I'm pretty sure I'd grown legs and feet by the time I was twelve, eh? Never let your age be a barrier, Crimson. I got started in life pretty early and I still wish I'd done it sooner.

Coid, okay... I'm sorry. I really wish I could be more of a help, but I don't know how.
    Last edited by Felixaar; 2009-03-06 at 10:50 PM.
    and Look both ways

30. - Top - End - #480

NecromancerGuy

Well, good news is I've recovered from the initial freak out. haha.
    Homebrew