New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Default Descent into Shadow

The emperor sits in his throne room, listening intently to a Hiruma that has spotted the shadow warriors mobilizing for something special. But he's not sure what yet. The emperor, Toturi The Third, rests his head on his arm and sighs. It was clear to him that whatever the followers of Fu Leng were planning, it was not good. He would have to cut it off at the source, he would finally confront the Shadowlands in their territory, they were going to perish forever.
    Emperor Toturi motioned for a servant, he orated the following to him, "This letter is being sent to the daimyo of every great and minor clan in rokugan, you are all being asked to send to the Capital a single warrior you deem capable of facing the following mission. The elected individual will move into the Shadowlands and attempt an assassination on one of the most important Liuetenants in the Shadowland Army, Da Rong. Please respond with your elected individual as soon as possible."

The Clans respond quickly, except for the Crane, Lion, Dragon, and Scorpion. The Crane had all of their men and women on duty protecting an important courtier on her way to the Senket Empire. The Lion were on campaign against an army of rogue nezumi. The dragon simply did not respond for some reason. The Scorpion responded that they had a man in mind, but he was currently in the Shadowlands, and would meet up with the party when they crossed the border.
    A week and a half later the representatives of the other clans presented themselves at the palace. Hiruma Saito of the Crab clan, Ujina Masaru of the Hare clan, Seppun Ranbo of the Imperial families, Tsuruchi Jin of the Mantis clan, Isawa Suke of the Phoenix clan, and Moto Amaya of the Unicorn clan. They proceeded to the throne room and sat before the Emperor. He told them of their mission, explaining that it was beleived that Da Rong resides in Hankyo sano Kappa, ruling over the goblin tribes there. He finishes his speech saying this, "I am going to provide all of you with new weapons and armor for this journey, so, what do you all require."

Spoiler
    Show
    orate what weapons and what kind of armor you all would like. remember you are speaking with the emperor.
    kono watashi chigiri motte kaihou chuushin to kaihou omoi
    -The Tengu of Water, Yawata Saburou Tadamori

stolen from fawsto, and he stole it from someone else.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Descent into Shadow

Hiruma Saito stands in awe before the son of heavans. The tall man in the colors of the Crab had never seen the imperial Capital and while it already proved many sights he had never imagined of taking in, all that was nothing compared to the utter culmination of pride in being part of this mission and the fact that he now stood before the Emperor. As the Emperor spoke to the assembled Samurai the incredibly tall man set into a deep bow, a gesture which looked rather akward from one of his size, and spoke in a deep bass voice.
    "Emperor Toturi-domo. I am Hiruma Saito. Hida Kuon-domo has deemed me capable of this mission and thus I stand here before you today to fullfill the Crabs oaths to protect the Empire fr..." he trails of with his voice remembering that he was told not to mention the Shadowlands or it's minion before the Emperor. "I will gladly accept your offer for Equipment. I am Crab and thus I shall choose a suit of Heavy Armor, a Tetsubo, a Dai-Tsuchi and a Yumi."
    The man remains in his low bow waiting for the Emporor to discharge him.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

"Your will be done" Toturi waves his arm and a servant rushes out of the room to retrieve that which was asked for.
    kono watashi chigiri motte kaihou chuushin to kaihou omoi
    -The Tengu of Water, Yawata Saburou Tadamori

stolen from fawsto, and he stole it from someone else.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground

After the Emperor’s pronouncement, Seppun Ranbo steps forward and kneels before the Son of Heaven. His face is impassive and aloof, embodying the dignity and majesty of the Imperial Miharu. In contrast to the other samurai, he has seldom left the capital city; indeed, this mission must be of the direst importance if the Emperor is dispatching his own guardsmen into the Shadowlands. Ranbo is unsure of what to make of this, but would never question Toturi’s judgment.

“My master, I will see that the jade light of Heaven is brought down upon your enemies. As to your offer, I will accept a no-dachi and naginata to augment the blades of my ancestors, as well as heavy armor.”

Ranbo remains in his kneeling posture as long as is necessary; he is quite used to it.
    Last edited by Verdigris; 2009-01-28 at 04:39 PM.